Question concerning yellow cards

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kofi86
Egg
Egg
Question concerning yellow cards

Post by kofi86 »

Here is my question:

What if a player has 0 yellow cards prior to a game, and then gets a yellow and another one to be sent-off?
Will he be on 0 yellows and miss the next match after the game or will he be on 1 yellow, miss the next match and be in danger of missing another match?
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Question concerning yellow cards

Post by mcal »

Miss the next match and slate is clean again.
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

Are you 100% sure?
I think so, too, but I wonder why Mascherano did not provoke a second yellow when Argentina was 4-1 against South Korea to miss the game against Greece and be on 0 yellows again
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
vitch
Egg
Egg

Post by vitch »

Another question: Are the slates cleaned at the start of the second round?

Or will a yellow card in the first game + one in the quarter-final get you suspended for the semi-final?
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

vitch wrote:Another question: Are the slates cleaned at the start of the second round?

Or will a yellow card in the first game + one in the quarter-final get you suspended for the semi-final?
the second one, they will be erased after the quarters.
A bit harsh for my liking, holding midfielders are most likely to miss a match during the tournament