Muntari kicked out of Ghana squad

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

KoC
Egg
Egg
Muntari kicked out of Ghana squad

Post by KoC »

The Inter Man has been seething about his bit part role and complained openly after Sunday's game.
Milovan Rajevac took the decision to eject him from the squad
. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Muntari kicked out of Ghana squad

Post by Undertaker »

Muntari? What a moron and basket case of a player he is! :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kdk4christ
Egg
Egg

Post by kdk4christ »

Too bad for him, poor him
*JESUS LOVES YOU* More Than You Know

"When we die we leave behind us all that we have, and take with us all that we are."
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

Post by phantomjournalist »

It's not like he did anything relevant when he came on. Some of these black players' egos are too big for their own good.
Blue is the color.
Killa Adjei wrote: Barcelona won the champions league something your useless team can only touch in their dreams..
%$#@^& moron.
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Good riddance. The guy is always causing trouble.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Da Chief
Egg
Egg

Post by Da Chief »

He was a bit part player at Inter in the just concluded season but e no make noise there cos he knows where his bread is buttered.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him for forgiveness. – Emo Philips.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hh96Ex-94s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SFGR1HWcdY&feature=fvw
kdk4christ
Egg
Egg

Post by kdk4christ »

Rajevac wants Muntari out of camp

Posted: 2010-06-21 09:05

Sulley Muntari's World Cup has gone from bad to worse after he was ordered out of the Ghana camp by Black Stars coach Milovan Rajevac, KickOffGhana.com can exclusively reveal.

The Inter Milan player has cast a gloomy figure throughout Ghana's stay here after he lost his regular place in the side but things came to a head after the Ghana-Australia 1-1 draw on Saturday when Muntari felt he should have had a bigger role.

KickOffGhana.com understands Rajevac felt insulted by the player's protest and on Sunday night asked team manager Opoku Afriyie to facilitate his departure from the camp.

Senior Ghana Football Association officials including President Kwasi Nyantekyie and captain Stephen Appiah have tried to intervene but Rajevac has made it clear he cannot work with the player.

Muntari stayed over at the Sun City hotel base of the Ghana team on Sunday night but there is no indication yet if he will have any further part to play in Ghana's campaign.

Rajevac and Muntari have had a frosty relationship and it all now seems to be coming to a head at this tournament.

The midfielder was omitted from Ghana's 2010 Nations Cup squad after refusing to meet Rajevac twice during visits to Milan. He was reinstated after apologising to the coach before scoring on his return against Bosnia in a friendly.

But his problems began again when he asked to be given a separate room during Ghana's friendly against Holland contrary to the practice in the team before attempting to seek medical attention without consulting the Ghana medical team when they arrived in London for a friendly ahead of the World Cup.

On Saturday, the player who was also sent home from the 2004 Olympics stormed off through the mixed zone after the draw against Australia with frown on his face and was said to have had a go at Rajevac and the team on the coach drawing a response from at least one member of the squad.

KICK OFF
*JESUS LOVES YOU* More Than You Know

"When we die we leave behind us all that we have, and take with us all that we are."
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Kudos to Milo. I hope Ghana players do not behave like the French.
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

kdk4christ wrote:Rajevac wants Muntari out of camp

Posted: 2010-06-21 09:05

Sulley Muntari's World Cup has gone from bad to worse after he was ordered out of the Ghana camp by Black Stars coach Milovan Rajevac, KickOffGhana.com can exclusively reveal.

The Inter Milan player has cast a gloomy figure throughout Ghana's stay here after he lost his regular place in the side but things came to a head after the Ghana-Australia 1-1 draw on Saturday when Muntari felt he should have had a bigger role.

KickOffGhana.com understands Rajevac felt insulted by the player's protest and on Sunday night asked team manager Opoku Afriyie to facilitate his departure from the camp.

Senior Ghana Football Association officials including President Kwasi Nyantekyie and captain Stephen Appiah have tried to intervene but Rajevac has made it clear he cannot work with the player.

Muntari stayed over at the Sun City hotel base of the Ghana team on Sunday night but there is no indication yet if he will have any further part to play in Ghana's campaign.

Rajevac and Muntari have had a frosty relationship and it all now seems to be coming to a head at this tournament.

The midfielder was omitted from Ghana's 2010 Nations Cup squad after refusing to meet Rajevac twice during visits to Milan. He was reinstated after apologising to the coach before scoring on his return against Bosnia in a friendly.

But his problems began again when he asked to be given a separate room during Ghana's friendly against Holland contrary to the practice in the team before attempting to seek medical attention without consulting the Ghana medical team when they arrived in London for a friendly ahead of the World Cup.

On Saturday, the player who was also sent home from the 2004 Olympics stormed off through the mixed zone after the draw against Australia with frown on his face and was said to have had a go at Rajevac and the team on the coach drawing a response from at least one member of the squad.

KICK OFF
Looks like he's got a long history of discipline problems. The team does not need him right now and if he's a destabilising influence I can see why the coach wants him out of the way.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
hurricaneeddy
Egg
Egg

Post by hurricaneeddy »

embarrasing coming from an african player of his calibre....he should be an icon but he's turned himself into a pest. better he's tosed off. i can't encourage players who are not diciplined
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

"He took a lot of punishment and fought until the end," said Klitschko. "But from round two, it was clear that his game plan wasn't working. lol. september 11 klitschko vs peter
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

I think the guy should be banned for life. How many chances does this guy want?? He is a disruptive figure and only has himself to blame. Ghana do not need him, good riddance to bad rubbish!!! :roll:
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

There is something in the water that they drink over there in South Africa. :oops:
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
eislike
Egg
Egg

Post by eislike »

two sides to every story. lets not be sooooo quick in making a statement.
God is good
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

The coach did not want the player in the first place after his well documented pre-ANC insubordination. Why waste his time bringing him to SA only to use him in a bit part role? I thought he forgave muntari but clearly that is not the case. Muntari is good enough to start for Ghana but he was out of favor with the coach.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

eislike wrote:two sides to every story. lets not be sooooo quick in making a statement.
The Two sides already been Told--What more side do you want to Hear?
ROSSIKE
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ROSSIKE »

phantomjournalist wrote:It's not like he did anything relevant when he came on. Some of these black players' egos are too big for their own good.
Why do you need to mention the race of the players?

Are you a racist or just a stupid black self-loather?
Last edited by ROSSIKE on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imagination is more important than knowledge

- Albert Einstein

kalani
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani »

Muntari has apologized and is once again forgiven.
megapro wrote:
Yobo’s problem is easy to analyze. His name is Omeruo. You don’t have to be a genius, just a normal guy like me to understand that we’re talking about frustration. It’s not easy for a player to see how he’s outperformed by a 19 year-old kid, but the kid is fantastic. I had the courage to play him and the problem is very simple.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

phantomjournalist wrote:It's not like he did anything relevant when he came on. Some of these black players' egos are too big for their own good.
I didn't even see him on the field self
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

kalani wrote:Muntari has apologized and is once again forgiven.
I know he appologized b/f the ANC but was left off the team. Given he clearly still is not in the coach's plans, why drag him out to SA knowing the player expected to be an integral piece of the black stars team when the coach planned to use him as a substitute? Did the coach really believe Muntari will be happy as a benchman for Ghana?
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

ROSSIKE wrote:
Why do you need to mention the race of the players?

Are you a racist or just a stupid black self-loather?
Ah I see you have done justice to this, I was going to respond earlier

Back to topic, If Muntari is a disruptive influence, then he must leave the team.
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

green4life wrote:The coach did not want the player in the first place after his well documented pre-ANC insubordination. Why waste his time bringing him to SA only to use him in a bit part role? I thought he forgave muntari but clearly that is not the case. Muntari is good enough to start for Ghana but he was out of favor with the coach.
He was not part of the ANC squad to went all the way to the final. Even in 2008 when ghana hosted the event with Essien, Mensah and co they couldn't make it to the final.

The kids are doing very well, Muntari would not be missed atall, coach should send him home pronto.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
kalani
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani »

green4life wrote:
kalani wrote:Muntari has apologized and is once again forgiven.
I know he appologized b/f the ANC but was left off the team. Given he clearly still is not in the coach's plans, why drag him out to SA knowing the player expected to be an integral piece of the black stars team when the coach planned to use him as a substitute? Did the coach really believe Muntari will be happy as a benchman for Ghana?
I meant he apologized again today. As for the coach's plans, no idea.
megapro wrote:
Yobo’s problem is easy to analyze. His name is Omeruo. You don’t have to be a genius, just a normal guy like me to understand that we’re talking about frustration. It’s not easy for a player to see how he’s outperformed by a 19 year-old kid, but the kid is fantastic. I had the courage to play him and the problem is very simple.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

mastermind wrote:
green4life wrote:The coach did not want the player in the first place after his well documented pre-ANC insubordination. Why waste his time bringing him to SA only to use him in a bit part role? I thought he forgave muntari but clearly that is not the case. Muntari is good enough to start for Ghana but he was out of favor with the coach.
He was not part of the ANC squad to went all the way to the final. Even in 2008 when ghana hosted the event with Essien, Mensah and co they couldn't make it to the final.

The kids are doing very well, Muntari would not be missed atall, coach should send him home pronto.
The kids are doing well? WHat qualifies as doing well these days? Holding onto a 1-1 draw against 10 man Australia? Please. That was a bad result and as an African, I hope they don't pay for it against Germany. The coach is paid to manage his players and no two players have the same personalities. Every player will not be mother theresa so if you feel you have room for a knucklehead like Muntari on the team (you called him up knowing he's not a boys scout and expects to be a key piece), use him b/c this Muntari should not be a bench man for this black stars team that has not scored any goal unless its gift wraped in a PK. If he was not in your plans, why did you drag him to the world cup knowing he will NOT be happy to sit on the bench watching kids play? so you can show the world that he's indisciplined? A coach has to know how to manage Knuckleheads. If Jose Mourinho can manage a bona fide mad man like Ballotelli, kini big deal in managing Muntari?