We need to make amends – Yobo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

otite
Egg
Egg

Post by otite »

From KUNLE SOLAJA and GBOLAHAN DADA, South Africa
Monday, June 21, 2010

Nigeria’s captain says his side is ready to make amends for the embarrassing loss to Argentina and Greece at the World Cup. The Super Eagles lost 0-1 to Argentina and 1-2 to 2004 European Champion, Greece, and Yobo told the BBC that the final group game against South Korea could not come soon enough.

"For us, we would have played today if we could. It has been the most frustrating few days ever for the team.

"You are hyped up for the World Cup and then perform like that. It's a final chance against South Korea, we are even lucky that we have games to put it right."

Reports said players were even involved in a shouting bout in the dressing room at the end of the Greece match but Yobo was quick to play it down.
"That is not true, we are all united in one goal and fight, which is to redeem our battered image out there and we want the fans to know we feel their disappointments and pulse.

In the build-up to the second Greece goal, the captain was on the ground after a collision before Enyeama spilled Alexandros Tziolis's long-range shot into the path of Torosidis, who buried the chance in the 71st minute.
"I went blank and blurred under few seconds after the collision, I thought it was a foul but then the ball was at the back of the net, I felt bad but we have to move on now.

"The most worrying aspect at the final whistle was the way our spirit fell to bits in disappointments," Yobo told BBC Sport. "We have all learnt a lot about the closeness of the players. On Tuesday, everyone is ready to fight and die for the colour of the country."

But no team in World Cup history has ever lost more than one group stage game and gone on to reach the next round, yet Joseph Yobo is incredibly optimistic the Eagles could earn a place in the history book.
seyiblack
Egg
Egg
Re: We need to make amends – Yobo

Post by seyiblack »

These players sabi hype pessin o! You will be so hyped up and then wonder where the hype came from when you watch them on the field.
Support our boys regardless of coach, ethnicity of players and pure jealousy.
otite
Egg
Egg

Post by otite »

seyiblack wrote:These players sabi hype pessin o! You will be so hyped up and then wonder where the hype came from when you watch them on the field.
With the eagles What you see is what you get.
Kenovski
Egg
Egg

Post by Kenovski »

otite wrote:
seyiblack wrote:These players sabi hype pessin o! You will be so hyped up and then wonder where the hype came from when you watch them on the field.
Yup, CRAP!!!! POO-POO!!!! KAA-KAA!!!! SH****T!!!! F***CES!!!!
:curse: :curse: :curse:
Everyday you can choose to the happy or sad, good or bad, full of joy or filled with anger. It takes the same amount of effort to acheive either.....

Anonymous
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

otite wrote:
Unfortunately tho, what you hear sure aint what you get!!!!
:curse: :curse:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
paddylo
Egg
Egg

Post by paddylo »

But no team in World Cup history has ever lost more than one group stage game and gone on to reach the next round, yet Joseph Yobo is incredibly optimistic the Eagles could earn a place in the history book.
This is why when ppl quote statistics u should take it with a pinch of salt

No team has lost more than one group game and gone on to reach the next round
but in this group,all 3 teams will lose more than one group game(if everything goes right)

so that history is moot. . .and does not necessarily apply here
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

All of them are pussies!!!They have no guts!no stamina!They dont have any fighting spirit,just a bunch of vagina's running around in our jersey! :evil: :evil:
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Penarity
Egg
Egg

Post by Penarity »

Yobo should just KEEP the EFFING QUIET!!!

....these guys are so unprofesional it is unreal!

Do the talking on the field... nonesense!!!
There is nothing to learn from someone who already agrees with you.
can04
Egg
Egg

Post by can04 »

paddylo wrote:
This is why when ppl quote statistics u should take it with a pinch of salt

No team has lost more than one group game and gone on to reach the next round
but in this group,all 3 teams will lose more than one group game(if everything goes right)

so that history is moot. . .and does not necessarily apply here
argentina have not yet lost a game, and so cannot lose more than one. but here's hoping nigeria can change that stat.
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

otite wrote:
Ol boy, na so dem hype man pikin before the Greece game. I'm not falling for the bait this time. I will rather be pleasantly surprised..
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
bobbye
Egg
Egg

Post by bobbye »

As soon as I saw the headline immediately I knew we are loosing tomorrow.In the history of Nigeria soccer anytime our boys start sounding confident forget it,we are on the prepice of being eliminated.Unfortuntely, these boys lack the intestinal fortitude to secure a victory no matter the odds.They don't have zeal or the skill to win such importangt match.Please nobody should expect miracle tomorrow.The best I could envisage from them is a tie.As long is victory is concerned it is completely ruled out. Victory mentality has never been instilled into them.Defeatest attitude is profoundly embedded in them.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Tomorrow I will wear my patriotism on my sleeves and believe Nigeria will conquer all but today I will face facts. Yobo is talking from his rear end and he knows it.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

I hope the Eagles keep it goalless for ages and score the winner late. The later the better as the pressure will then be on Greece to beat Argentina. If we score early Greece will play for the draw.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

Damunk wrote:
otite wrote:
Unfortunately tho, what you hear sure aint what you get!!!!
:curse: :curse:
...sincerely what you hear is what they want to give...unfortunately, you cannot give what you do not have...the bunch we have does not have what it takes to deliver...these are bench warmers and trainning materials...what do you expect...o lawd how else can i preach this here...?
Last edited by Metho scorpion on Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

He should make amend on the field instead of all these worthless talk talk.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
paddylo
Egg
Egg

Post by paddylo »

argentina have not yet lost a game, and so cannot lose more than one. but here's hoping nigeria can change that stat.
am talking of the 3 teams. . NIGERIA,GREECE,SOUTH KOREA. . .would have all lost more than one group game if everything goes according to plan. . so the stats wont apply here,cause this would be an anomaly
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol: