Can someone explain to me...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

osa
Egg
Egg
Can someone explain to me...

Post by osa »

why the super eagles dont bring that attitude to ALL of their games.... seriously its not today that we failed... we balled and were unfortunate... if we played like this ALL the time, we would have nothing to fear....

that is the thing that is paining me... if we had played ball like that against greece, or even argentina things would be completely different now... sigh
:atc: :atc: :atc: :atc: :atc:

Code: Select all

>>run CunTracker....CunTrackerV1.101 initiated...scanning...detected...printing report:
timestamp:20100622 "Flex Swift"; timestamp:20100520 "blatter"; timestamp:20100518 "oboe"; timestamp:dawn of time "shakakaka"
.... warning ***SYSTEM ERROR*** .... "ROSSIKE" detected!... too much c.unt to compute... >> commencing shutdown! t-NOW!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Can someone explain to me...

Post by 1naija »

osa wrote:why the super eagles dont bring that attitude to ALL of their games.... seriously its not today that we failed... we balled and were unfortunate... if we played like this ALL the time, we would have nothing to fear....

that is the thing that is paining me... if we had played ball like that against greece, or even argentina things would be completely different now... sigh
:atc: :atc: :atc: :atc: :atc:
Try offering them $30k every match and see if they won't bring it every time. :D
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Today was desperation. Don't confuse that with mastery of an attacking game. Many teams have stepped it up when it has come down to the wire, being too little and too late.

With this group of players, a more pressing game was out of the question, at least against opponents like Argentina. The counter-attack approach was absolutely correct, but the finishing let Nigeria down. We all saw what happened today with the finishing, never mind the harder opportunities against Argentina and Greece.

In summary, this team wasn't prepared nor talented enough to have attempted a hard pressing game against Argentina. Had you done that, we might have seen something similar to what Argentina did against South Korea. I have yet to see an offense as potent as Argentina's in this World Cup.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

last group games are always like dis if there is a tiny bit of hope n as usual we tried but not enuff
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Saving face! Nigeria were the quintessential Nigerians and quite rightly, are going home.

Ngo bebe, bring Malt bring Fanta. Your boys are coming home!