Amazing England hammer Slovenia in one of the World Cup's...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Amazing England hammer Slovenia in one of the World Cup's...

Post by iworo »

Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Amazing England hammer Slovenia in one of the World Cup's greatest ever performances! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

In one of the most brilliant performances in the history of the World Cup, England's array of world class players easily dispatched Slovenia (population 2m) with a breathtaking masterclass of awe-inspiring attacking football. After such a mind-blowing result, England must surely be odds-on favourites to win the World Cup.

After two truly abject performances (admittedly against two recognised giants of the international game), England had a point to prove, and prove it they did! Despite Slovenia's status as one of the toughest, skilful teams in world football, they were easily brushed aside by the genius of Steven Gerrard, the imcomparable skill of Wayne Rooney, and the unmatched passing range of Frank Lampard.

Steven Gerrard's prophecy that Wayne Rooney could 'make the world cup his own...like Pele and Maradona' started to come true as the Manchester United player dominated the game with the kind of mind-boggling skills that put Pele and Maradona to shame.

We should not underestimate the magnitude of the achievement: England have beaten the amazing, unbeatable SLOVENIA! How many teams can lay claim to such an achievement? And to finish 2nd in what is clearly a group of death is just...well, words fail me.

It is obvious that England is now the clear favourites to win the tournament. Forget the likes of Brazil, Argentina and Spain - England are in a different league, and with the world’s greatest players in Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Terry and Cole, it's theirs to lose.

After the game, Steven Gerrard - the most inspirational England captain in the history of the national team - summed up the mood in the England camp:

"We're not getting carried away, but we fear no one. Why should we? This is England. Beating Slovenia is a magic achievement, and the tournament is ours to lose now. The whole team is floating on air at the moment - Wazza was our Pele today, John was our Beckenbauer, and Frank was our Zidane, and as the tournament progresses, you will see our players surpass the greats of yesteryear and show that we are the greatest players ever to wear the England shirt".

All across England, fans were celebrating in the streets, barely able to conceal their joy at the sheer enormity of England's achievement. The mood of the fans was matched by the British press, which lauded England with typically understated headlines such as:

"England on the verge of winning the World Cup!" The Mirror

"Brilliant England show the world how football SHOULD be played!" The Daily Star

"Forget Argentina and Brazil - England are in a different league!" The Daily Mail

Prime Minister David Cameron called a halt to Parliamentary business for the day and decreed that the 23rd of June would henceforth become a national holiday to commemorate England's unforgettable achievement. Wiping tears of joy from his eyes, a clearly awed Mr Cameron observed:

"I can honestly say, without hyperbole, that was the finest performance I have ever witnessed by any football team anywhere. Today is a proud day for England".

By Jaimie Kanwar - Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Read more: http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2010/06/am ... z0rhHycMqe
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Amazing England hammer Slovenia in one of the World Cup's...

Post by Comrade Machel »

There was nothing great about that game, even my kids asked for the USA game instead :roll: :roll: :roll:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: @ the delusional author of this article.

The match was fairly balanced and it could've gone either way. Slovenia had 3 great scoring chances but Terry played like a man possessed.

England played well but they did not create many chances and scored a fluky goal. They did not hammer Slovenia at all.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Heliopolis wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: @ the delusional author of this article.

The match was fairly balanced and it could've gone either way. Slovenia had 3 great scoring chances but Terry played like a man possessed.

England played well but they did not create many chances and scored a fluky goal. They did not hammer Slovenia at all.

KPOM, in the final 15- mins Slovenia were the superior team. How Defoe scored i will never know, if only keeper had stayed standing he would have saved easily

vitch
Egg
Egg

Post by vitch »

It is meant as an ironic article. English club-fans typically hate the national team.
JssMan
Egg
Egg

Post by JssMan »

vitch wrote:It is meant as an ironic article. English club-fans typically hate the national team.
It was very clear from reading the article. I was surprised people didn't get it.

Jh8: 34Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

I just clicked on the link. It was definitely an ironic article :lol:
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

i find it amazing that u guys didnt see the sarcasm in the article...

wow...the hate is strong!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

See how many idiots full CE. How can you not realize that this article is a wind-up after reading the first two sentences of the article ?

Wha choo looking at?!
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

ENgland are going all the way. na me (and only me as far as i know) talk am.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

soothsayer wrote:i find it amazing that u guys didnt see the sarcasm in the article...

wow...the hate is strong!

I admit after the first sentence i didnt bothr, thought it was for real :lol: :lol: :lol: