Klinsman just kept it real on USA (ESPN)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Klinsman just kept it real on USA (ESPN)

Post by ugly boy »

Told the US they need to really assess the quality of their players. They are the only country that have the pyramid upside down. Their players get into soccer for college scholarship instead of having a view to play professional footy. He said for them to be successful they need to treat it like basketball and engage the communities of the poor and working class. He also said they need to try things like engaging the Hispanic community in the US.
Abbey
Egg
Egg
Re: Klinsman just kept it real on USA (ESPN)

Post by Abbey »

He was spot on! Grass root is the way to go.
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

And Lalas needs to show more respect to Ghana. He keeps saying 'this is Ghana', like Ghana have no pedigree on world stage. People like Lalas do not fail to show their ignorance about global footie
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

YUJAM wrote:And Lalas needs to show more respect to Ghana. He keeps saying 'this is Ghana', like Ghana have no pedigree on world stage. People like Lalas do not fail to show their ignorance about global footie
Well Ghana have beaten the yanks in two world cups in a row so what is he saying?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

Lalas is a prick...and i'm happy the US were eliminated by an African team
yaya

Post by yaya »

YUJAM wrote:And Lalas needs to show more respect to Ghana. He keeps saying 'this is Ghana', like Ghana have no pedigree on world stage. People like Lalas do not fail to show their ignorance about global footie
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Yujam, thought we all agreed that everytime Alexi talks, we, collectively, press the mute button on our tvs....U nor see say, over the last week, there has been less and less complaints about Alexi?
brigadoon
Egg
Egg

Post by brigadoon »

He is right in saying that Ghana is not Brazil or Germany. No disrespect in that. Trouble is that he seems to believe the US is up to Ghana's level. Not quite true.
Eegil
Egg
Egg

Post by Eegil »

Klinsman has been talking straight. After the Ghana/Germany game he said he thot Ghana played better but just could find a way to convert their chances....hinting that the USA was in for a dog fight.
I'll bet the panelists and viewers thot he was nuts.
GreenEagle
Egg
Egg

Post by GreenEagle »

You are right Yujam. That Lalas guy needs to be banned from TV. He was left speechless after Jurgens coments.
"The man died in him who keep silent in the face of tyranny" Wole Soyinka
oglex30
Egg
Egg

Post by oglex30 »

USA almost hired Klisman 1 year that might happen now. He lives in US
cybersoccerfan
Egg
Egg

Post by cybersoccerfan »

Saw that too! That guy is full of himself, and doesn't know what he is talking about. "This is Ghana" indeed. Well his team is going back home!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Eegil wrote:Klinsman has been talking straight. After the Ghana/Germany game he said he thot Ghana played better but just could find a way to convert their chances....hinting that the USA was in for a dog fight.
I'll bet the panelists and viewers thot he was nuts.
I have been saying the same thing about Ghana since their 1st game. Ghana is a very, very difficult team to beat, regardless of the opponent. However, because of a lack of scoring, Ghana also makes it difficult for itself to beat inferior opponents.

I said it before and I'll say it again: Ghana must emphasize possession and opportunistically go for goal, conserving strength for end game surges. I don't think Ghana can realistically expect to score 2 goals against top opposition. But it is more than realistic for Ghana to keep out anybody from scoring.

Again, if Ghana had just 1 real forward, they would be a serious threat to win the WC. And even like this, you never know. At this point, Ghana can dream the impossible dream.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

cybersoccerfan wrote:
Saw that too! That guy is full of himself, and doesn't know what he is talking about. "This is Ghana" indeed. Well his team is going back home!
But we said the same thing when we lost to Ghana at the ANC. We said 'this is Ghana U20' :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ugly boy wrote:Told the US they need to really assess the quality of their players. They are the only country that have the pyramid upside down. Their players get into soccer for college scholarship instead of having a view to play professional footy. He said for them to be successful they need to treat it like basketball and engage the communities of the poor and working class. He also said they need to try things like engaging the Hispanic community in the US.
I said essentially the same stuff in the past and got slated!!! ABA coming into the NBA bringing that style of the African-American player helped make it global, the MLB having deep connections with farm leagues in the Hispanic community keeps that sport at a high level.
The lalases are nothing but BS peddlers(do mute when those sorts hit your TV), the Yanks need to make the sport more accessible outside of that soccer-mum domain!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
GIN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GIN »

wanaj0 wrote:
cybersoccerfan wrote:
But we said the same thing when we lost to Ghana at the ANC. We said 'this is Ghana U20' :taunt: :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf:
Naija fans are so humble.
Samson Siasia speaking FACTs about 2008.
“I have been waiting for this job for almost three years now and that was before the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I was to be the coach of the Super Eagles after the interview conducted for the job. But that time I said no, I wasn’t ready. Now that I am ready, I am not intimidated at all. I am ready for this job,” he declared matter-of-factly" http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/ ... m_ID=36099
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Klinsman also said ... USA doesn't have players with a quality first touch ... Why didn't he say the same thing about England? England doesn't have a single player, whose first touch is decent.
When you rely on players like Lampard, Gerard, Barry to be your play maker ... and Defoe??? Rooney???

At this stage, if you don't have the basics of soccer (first touch) you have no chance. USA found out, England found out.
Bepanda
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

Post by phantomjournalist »

ugly boy wrote: He also said they need to try things like engaging the Hispanic community in the US.
That's exactly what they DO NOT want to do, even though they should.
Blue is the color.
Killa Adjei wrote: Barcelona won the champions league something your useless team can only touch in their dreams..
%$#@^& moron.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Lalas is an angel*, no wonder as a GM at la galaxy he was fired for bad decisions.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Who is THEY?
Can you be more precise? The Government? The Soccer Federation? The Local Communities? America is very complex, when it comes to $$$
A country, that doesn't even want to spend money ... on their people's healthcare ...
Bepanda
phantomjournalist wrote:
ugly boy wrote: He also said they need to try things like engaging the Hispanic community in the US.
shakakaka
Egg
Egg

Post by shakakaka »

ugly boy wrote:Told the US they need to really assess the quality of their players. They are the only country that have the pyramid upside down. Their players get into soccer for college scholarship instead of having a view to play professional footy. He said for them to be successful they need to treat it like basketball and engage the communities of the poor and working class. He also said they need to try things like engaging the Hispanic community in the US.
more like African-Americans (many I know were not sad Ghana won yesterday, they appreciate skill in whatever form).
FORZA MILAN
GIN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GIN »

phantomjournalist wrote:
They need to promote the sport in AA, Africans and Caribean American communities. The average African American male views football as a "white man sport" and it does not help that most of the good start up programs are based in the suburbs.
Last edited by GIN on Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samson Siasia speaking FACTs about 2008.
“I have been waiting for this job for almost three years now and that was before the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I was to be the coach of the Super Eagles after the interview conducted for the job. But that time I said no, I wasn’t ready. Now that I am ready, I am not intimidated at all. I am ready for this job,” he declared matter-of-factly" http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/ ... m_ID=36099
shakakaka
Egg
Egg

Post by shakakaka »

USFA should stop cuddling-up to the EPL and should want to be more like the J-League (and the skillful players) that have come through the Japanese system. Very impressed.
FORZA MILAN
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

phantomjournalist wrote:
trust me...if US field a majority Hispanic team there's no way the nation will collectively support it if they loose....if they win we're the new France