Ah! return of nomalcy - Infighting within Dutch camp!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

yaya
Ah! return of nomalcy - Infighting within Dutch camp!

Post by yaya »

I was getting worried. i mean, we are in the last 8 and there had been no news of arguments or fights within the dutch camp. Alas, today, the news that the arrogant Arsenal man, Van Persie, tongue lashed the coach. now we can all accept that a tournament is going on, and the dutch are present! :thumbs:

-------------------------------

Van Marwijk calls team meeting over Van Persie
By MIKE CORDER (AP) – 4 hours ago

DURBAN, South Africa — Netherlands coach Bert van Marwijk has demanded unity among his World Cup players after Robin van Persie's angry outburst.

Van Persie's irate reaction at being substituted in the 2-1 win over Slovakia threatened to derail preparations for the quarterfinal against Brazil.

Van Marwijk said Tuesday he called a team meeting after reports in Dutch media that the striker said midfielder Wesley Sneijder should have been brought off instead of him.

"I will never accept anything that could upset the next match," Van Marwijk told Dutch national broadcaster NOS.

"I spoke to Robin and he is supposed to have said something about Wesley. I've spoken to Wesley and after that I called the team together ... told them what I think and then drew a line under it."

He did not elaborate, but his swift action was clearly intended to preserve unity in the buildup to Friday's quarterfinal in Port Elizabeth.

Previous Dutch campaigns have been rocked by infighting, but the team had appeared unified in South Africa.

Van Marwijk insists he nipped the latest dispute in the bud.

"I've always said I don't mind if something happens — that can make you stronger — but I don't like to leave problems dangling," he said. "It's over. For everybody."

Van Persie and Sneijder did not speak to the media Tuesday, but Van Persie denied Monday having said Sneijder should have been replaced instead of him.

Van Marwijk said he did not hear what Van Persie said to him after the substitution because of the din of vuvuzelas in Durban's sold-out Moses Mabhida Stadium. Sneijder did not speak to reporters after the Slovakia match.

Van Persie and Sneijder have a history of tense relations dating back to a public spat over who should have taken a free kick in the 2008 European Championship quarterfinal loss to Russia.

Van Persie was clearly angry at being substituted Monday, believing chances were about to come his way.

"I wanted to finish the game. I thought they would take risks in the last 10 minutes and I wanted to exploit that," Van Persie said after the game. "I could see spaces opening up and I wanted to use them, so I was a bit shocked when I had to go off."

Immediately after the match, Van Marwijk played down any dispute with his starting striker, who has scored 19 goals in 48 internationals.

"I shook his hand and understood that he was disappointed; that's not a bad thing," Van Marwijk said Monday. "Everyone wants to play the whole game."

The most famous case of Dutch disunity was at the 1996 European Championship, when coach Guus Hiddink sent midfielder Edgar Davids home early for insulting him in an interview. That talented squad reportedly also was divided between black and white players.

Van Marwijk's predecessor, Marco van Basten, also fell out with Davids, Mark van Bommel and Clarence Seedorf and famously criticized Ruud van Nistelrooy during the 2006 World Cup

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... AD9GL1ME00
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ah! return of nomalcy - Infighting within Dutch camp!

Post by txj »

Rumour is those fools at the Liverpool Board are looking at Van Marwjick...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
yaya

Post by yaya »

txj wrote:Rumour is those fools at the Liverpool Board are looking at Van Marwjick...
Van Marwjick is an interesting coach. His teams tend to play balanced football - not overly tiki taka irresponsibility, and not overly defensive. This kind of football brings results and trophies.

This incident is not his fault. Some players have no home training. He did the right thing, I think, by ignoring Van persie (pretending like he did not hear him) and then after the game call both players aside, separately to handle the matter.

I have to admit tho, I dont know Van Marwjick very well. What is it you have agains his rumored hire?
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Yaya my boy said he did not try to disrupt any camp and that he is a good guy

Oya back to the matter
open and close
yaya

Post by yaya »

Prince wrote:Yaya my boy said he did not try to disrupt any camp and that he is a good guy

the woman behind you seems to disagree. :taunt: :taunt: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
yaya

Post by yaya »

Anyways, Txj, looks like ur new boss is Hodgson? and not the dutch.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... th-us.html
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:Rumour is those fools at the Liverpool Board are looking at Van Marwjick...
abeg revisit your sauces b/c all indicators point towards the fulham manager (hodgson)
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Prince wrote:Yaya my boy said he did not try to disrupt any camp and that he is a good guy

Prince how did you pull this one of?
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

oyinbo....type a personality....a player that wants to take it upon himself to do whatever it is for his team to win...spirit..heart..hunger....etc
african.....disrespectful....area bwoy....un trained...beyonce na beyonce....etc
k24opout
Egg
Egg

Post by k24opout »

Gudo wrote:

Prince how did you pull this one of?
Now that is impressive, Davids was a bulldog in the midfield :thumb:
GAME RECOGNIZE GAME GRANDAD..and YOUR LOOKING UN-FA-MILIAR RIGHT NOW

We cannot repay debt because if we don't pay the creditors won't die, but if we do pay we will die. Tomas Sankara
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I thot it was said by a CE forumer that it was the black guys who contributed to the infighting!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
kalani
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani »

Didn't Marwijk more or less sack RVP from the 010 in 2005?
megapro wrote:
Yobo’s problem is easy to analyze. His name is Omeruo. You don’t have to be a genius, just a normal guy like me to understand that we’re talking about frustration. It’s not easy for a player to see how he’s outperformed by a 19 year-old kid, but the kid is fantastic. I had the courage to play him and the problem is very simple.
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

Was it love at first sight? :taunt:
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Ipe grams you dey craze..i get loads of pictures na becos of people like you na why I no post dem.. :lol: :lol: :lol: Dem go yab colour of shirt
Oya back to the matter
open and close
osa
Egg
Egg

Post by osa »

are there any black people to blame it on ?

Code: Select all

>>run CunTracker....CunTrackerV1.101 initiated...scanning...detected...printing report:
timestamp:20100622 "Flex Swift"; timestamp:20100520 "blatter"; timestamp:20100518 "oboe"; timestamp:dawn of time "shakakaka"
.... warning ***SYSTEM ERROR*** .... "ROSSIKE" detected!... too much c.unt to compute... >> commencing shutdown! t-NOW!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Thats one guy I'd love to meet. Davids!!!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

@ Yaya - Holland players have always been ouspoken. It has nothing to do with poor home training. Van Persie's parents are University educated middle class professionals. It is simpy the Dutch way to speak your mind. Nothing new here.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

ANC wrote:Thats one guy I'd love to meet. Davids!!!
Clarence Seedorf made the analysis on bbc interesting than those clowns like Shearer, Gareth Southgate,Townsend etc.
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

Prince wrote:Ipe grams you dey craze..i get loads of pictures na becos of people like you na why I no post dem.. :lol: :lol: :lol: Dem go yab colour of shirt
You should have worn that your pink blouse. :taunt:
yaya

Post by yaya »

cchinukw wrote:@ Yaya - Holland players have always been ouspoken. It has nothing to do with poor home training. Van Persie's parents are University educated middle class professionals. It is simpy the Dutch way to speak your mind. Nothing new here.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: please dont make me laugh...so only kids who have uneducated parents can have poor upbringing?
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Ipe Grams wrote:
Prince wrote:Ipe grams you dey craze..i get loads of pictures na becos of people like you na why I no post dem.. :lol: :lol: :lol: Dem go yab colour of shirt
You should have worn that your pink blouse. :taunt:
Na 1naija wear stained pink blouse oooooooooo
Oya back to the matter
open and close