The Community Plate - How did Obi Play?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

stargazer
Egg
Egg
Re: The Community Plate - How Mikel Obi play?

Post by stargazer »

maceo4 wrote:
spastic wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
stargazer wrote:This Obi / Essien Comparison is beginning to get to me and have refuse to partake in any discussion as to which of them played better at the end of every game. I will only partake in such a discussion if we are assessing the whole team and the opposition. That is it the time such an analysis will make sense. There are a lot of people in both teams yesterday who played worse than obi and essien.

I wish all west Africans plying their trade in the EPL all the best. A good footballer can come from any country. Pele is Brazilian, Carlos Valderama is Colombian, George Best in northern Irish, Titi Camara is Guinean, Georgre Weah is Liberian, Roger Milla is Cameroonian a good footballer can come from any country.
Obi is what he is ...Essien is Essien!
I agree with you, Essien is much much much better! In fact he had to be sent in to clean up Obi's mess yesterday!
Bobo tok say him no want comparison! You come agree wif am by comparing. Naija :lol:
Na Ghana man so I know what he actually meant to say so I agree with am :thumb:

Let me tell you what i actually meant ......these incessant comparisons are fruitless. Compare them both with their opposing numbers in the opposing team that makes more sense. You dont know a whole lot about "ghanaman" Any more than i know about "Nigeriaman"
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

Mikel just doesn't look exuberant on the field and I don't know if he ever will. You would think by now he will vastly improve and be confident going forward from time to time after Mourinho left. He just passes the ball sideways and backward and start falling back. Quite boring to watch. This is his crucial moment and if he doesn't get it from here on out, he might get loaned out to a small club and who knows what happens after that.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
OTIZI
Egg
Egg

Post by OTIZI »

Obi as a DM for Nigeria has done nothing to prove that he is better than Olofinjana, Ayinla, Etuhu, Kaita or Alijore (judging form Olympics). He is regularly being proclaimed the future of SE midfield because of the Chelski connection. Results-wise, he has had zero impact on the team. We can do without him and still get the desired results as Siasia proved at the last olympics tournament. Kaita and Alijore shielded our back four well and still had offensive drives with several shots on/off target.

If our coaches were smart, they would have found a solution to our SE midfield problems by now. How could it be that our centre backs (eg. Shittu in Ghana) are more offensively minded than our so called 'best midfield marshal'?
MAY NAIJA GET ANOTHER AMOKACHI & AMUNEKE -NOT okocha!
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

Okay ... did our guy play today ... nah now now I just wake up see say nah today dem play Community Plate.

x
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

General Trousers wrote:Okay ... did our guy play today ... nah now now I just wake up see say nah today dem play Community Plate.

x
Yep he did. And looked like Mikel Obi always does in Chelsea Jersey. i.e. completes most of his passes, and looks totally disinterested in the teams offense :boo:
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

spastic wrote:
General Trousers wrote:Okay ... did our guy play today ... nah now now I just wake up see say nah today dem play Community Plate.

x
Yep he did. And looked like Mikel Obi always does in Chelsea Jersey. i.e. completes most of his passes, and looks totally disinterested in the teams offense :boo:
:sneaky: :sneaky: he needs to work on his offensive game too

and learn how to shoot :sneaky:
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

2drama wrote:
spastic wrote:

x

He is patently uninterested in playing offense for Chelsea. And it seems the club is fine with that. Some may even suggest it is required by tactics. Bu I doubt it. Coz when others play the position, the make forays every now and then. Obi makes it a point of duty to eschew any offensive responsibility. Even the defenders behind him have more offensive responsibility it seems. Ivanovic and Terry make more offensive runs than Obi does.

Obi has redefined the "Hold" in holding midfielder. He has obliterated the word midfielder from the phrase :idea:
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

spastic wrote:
2drama wrote:
spastic wrote:

x

He is patently uninterested in playing offense for Chelsea. And it seems the club is fine with that. Some may even suggest it is required by tactics. Bu I doubt it. Coz when others play the position, the make forays every now and then. Obi makes it a point of duty to eschew any offensive responsibility. Even the defenders behind him have more offensive responsibility it seems. Ivanovic and Terry make more offensive runs than Obi does.

Obi has redefined the "Hold" in holding midfielder. He has obliterated the word midfielder from the phrase :idea:

at this rate

the New SE coach should take notes and have him playing the same role on SE
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

zoro
Egg
Egg
Re: The Community Plate - How Mikel Obi Play?

Post by zoro »

One day you guys will expect the goal keeper to move up and score.
IGBOS ARE THE IMPORTANT AND USEFUL SLAVES OF NIGERIA. THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Mudi E wrote:Mikel just doesn't look exuberant on the field and I don't know if he ever will. You would think by now he will vastly improve and be confident going forward from time to time after Mourinho left. He just passes the ball sideways and backward and start falling back. Quite boring to watch. This is his crucial moment and if he doesn't get it from here on out, he might get loaned out to a small club and who knows what happens after that.
Mikel's problem is that his teammates are not showing great confidence in him and he is not bothered (as most nigerian footballers). the likes of lampard and essien come back too much, closing the gaps and their movement aint that great including that of the strikers.......

I think that Mikel finishes playing football he will regret coming to chelsea (excellent paycheck though), His play is like that of Xavi and Pirlo.......people make the space and runs whenever they have the ball but in his case the other midfielders come towards him, bring opponents with them and closing the gaps......

if he played for ARSENAL or man united, we would have seen a different player..........

I think his saving grace is his age and for his sake Siasia........what ppl forgot is that when Obi played for Siasia, he was not an AM, he was a CM with Kaita behind him and Obasi (I think), infront of him (behind Promise)......

if Siasia becomes coach and succeeds with Mikel in his proper role, he could get a transfer to another league/Team...........

until then, this is the best we will get, unless Lampard +/- essien is sold
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

in simple terms Mikel is our 3rd CB in a more advanced role but less attacking runs than the other 2 :sleep:
Ghost
Egg
Egg

Post by Ghost »

It seems to me that Mikel is just too timid to take even the smallest of chances with the ball. This will be fine if he was winning balls and breaking up plays but he doesnt even do that.
He has become a player that occupies space and takes no risks offensively or defensively. I think this may work fine if Chelseas coaches like that but I am getting more and more concerned that he will eventually loose his place at this pace.

I also think that Nigeria should start looking for other options because it makes little sense to build a team around a role player. Frankly, I think Etuhu and Kaita are better defensive midfielders and I have no confidence that Mikel will magically show creativity when he plays for Nigeria.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damn, I used to defend the hell outta Mikel, till I realized he is not going to improve one bit basically because he doesn't have that drive to, he simply happy where he is at so he'll continue to look like the exact same player for years and years and years.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 2drama »

zoro wrote:One day you guys will expect the goal keeper to move up and score.
Jmo is a midfielder for crying out

General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

I have DVRed the game so I will examine it at some opportunity. That said I will examine this game closely.

x
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

For the upteenth time, when you have a player in Mikel's role, the idea is to have someone with the tactical discipline to break counters by your opponent and keep defensive shape when fullbacks are constantly playing advanced roles and centre backs go forward too. Ashley Cole and Zhirkov cannot have the confidence to attack endlessly if they're constantly scared of getting caught out of position and exposing their team. If Mikel is sucked into attack, and Cole and another defensive player too are upfront. All it takes is 1 pass to expose Chelsea. Chelsea's defensive record is poor without Mikel. When they sacrifice him for a more attacking game, they often lose.

Is Mikel's game complete? No! What wed like to see from Mikel is the perfection of the long range pass and through ball, and long range shots. His passing is not bad at all, but if he can perfect these two things, he'd become one of the best holding midfielders of the game.
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

General Trousers wrote:I have DVRed the game so I will examine it at some opportunity. That said I will examine this game closely.

x

When you view the game, you will see that Mikel played well! These guys that are complaining still think this dude is an AM, or that he should play like a motor machine like Essien! He is NOT a midfield enforcer, he is a midfield DISTRIBUTOR!

Admitteldly i missed the second half...so maybe his standards dropped, but in the 1st half i'd give him 7/10. Mikel was always available to receive passes and his distribution was intelligent and effective. It is percisely what Nigeria missed in South Africa when we were giving possesion away like a prostitute gives out herpes!

My only gripe with him is that i believe he should make more adventurous long field balls ala Alonso. That way he can switch the play on provide more attacking opportunities for his team mates. Those of you waiting for him to be a creative Zidane or motor machine Essien will wait forever. When will you guys realise that he is more of a Pirlo/Alonso figure (with better defensive skills :!: ).
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
osa
Egg
Egg

Post by osa »

2drama wrote:
spastic wrote:
2drama wrote:
spastic wrote:

x

at this rate

the New SE coach should take notes and have him playing the same role on SE
WHAT? so you mean you think its a good idea to play a player in the same role for his NT as he has been playing since he was in a youth team? No? really.... but Amodu wanted to play him as AM!

Code: Select all

>>run CunTracker....CunTrackerV1.101 initiated...scanning...detected...printing report:
timestamp:20100622 "Flex Swift"; timestamp:20100520 "blatter"; timestamp:20100518 "oboe"; timestamp:dawn of time "shakakaka"
.... warning ***SYSTEM ERROR*** .... "ROSSIKE" detected!... too much c.unt to compute... >> commencing shutdown! t-NOW!
shamnex
Egg
Egg

Post by shamnex »

Obi is being misused at chelsea which is a shame. He can be more of a Scholes type player as a deep lying play make but now he looks limited and plays the usual 2 yards pass. So much talent, wrong career choice.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

remember the first game of the season last year he tried to be more assertive and was yanked at half-time, maybe he doesn't want that to happen again so he plays it safe
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
zoro
Egg
Egg

Post by zoro »

2drama wrote:
zoro wrote:One day you guys will expect the goal keeper to move up and score.
Jmo is a midfielder for crying out
yes but not just a midfielder . He is a defensive midfielder, a sitting defensive midfielder. You got to get into modern football. :D :D
IGBOS ARE THE IMPORTANT AND USEFUL SLAVES OF NIGERIA. THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Community Plate - How Far?

Nah whinch team dey play for Community Plate this year? I don forget who win FA Cup ...

x
Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Community Plate - How Far?

Post by Killa Adjei »

General Trousers wrote:Nah whinch team dey play for Community Plate this year? I don forget who win FA Cup ...

x
Man U vs Manchester City

City won the cup
We are the centre of the pitch, we are precise, we are our effort, we are attackers who defend, we are defenders who attack, we are respected by our rivals, we are recognised by our rivals, we are every goal that we score, we are those who always look for our opponent's goal, WE ARE ONE.

Pep Guardiola To Barca Before CL Final