Obuh WILL GET US BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Obuh WILL GET US BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Lolly »

GIN wrote:
Lolly wrote:So we think Obuh has done enough by just shouting “we have documents to prove they fall within age limit, go bring proof”? No wonder the rot in our football just keeps getting worse.

I remember in the early days of this age cheating business, one player was de-selected after another player spoke out in the newspapers that if that guy claimed to be under-20 then he was 8? Also one of the players in the U-17 Scotland ’89 squad was dropped after his lecturer spoke out and said he can’t be under-17 and be a year 2 university student. I think his name was Christopher (can’t remember his surname).

Looks like Obuh definitely has some serious backers including here on CE else he won’t be making those silly comments about go bring proof. He was obviously prepared for such questions. He has just started. This will not go away. He got away with it with Chukwudi and he thinks he can bluff his way out of this one as well.
Oliver Ndigwe?
Thanks Gin. That's him. I played christian league footy with him long time ago. Very good midfielder.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

ikwerreman wrote:
Spicyee wrote:
While Adokye should be commended for speaking out on what he believes in, I think the learned friend got this timing VERY WRONG! He ought to have spoken earlier or forever remain silent on the issue. Bringing this up RIGHT IN THE MIDST OF A WC TOURNEY ON OUR SOIL is as distracting as it is imprudent; he just comes across as one who merely wants to embarrass not just Nigeria but FIFA as well for using the MRI.
Some of our journalists are equally irresponsible; I mean, how do you publish this one on the front page of your best sports magazine while the whole football community is in your country: Do you really have to cut your nose to spite your face? :veryangry:

Nigerians never want the truth and Waffi man knows so I do not blame him for not even bothering to talk. You talk about timing, right? In 2007, I worked with Kickoffnigeria.com I found out Dele Ajiboye was born in 1978, rather than 1990 he claimed.

I wanted to go to the press with my facts but was advised not to to avoid a scandal This was just after the qualifiers I went to Ogunjobi who was Ajiboye's manager and told him his boy was over aged and Ogunjobi asked how I knew. I told him Ajiboye was born in August 1978, got married to Patience Agbokare pre-2004, had two kids from her and was expecting a third. I told Ogunjobi that His wife and kids lived in Ibadan with the kids, I gave him the names of the kids and the schools they attended and I told him I wanted the boy out of the team. I also told him I had and still have Ajiboye's voice on tape admitted he had a wife and kids, but what did Ogunjobi do? Ogunjobi looked me in the eyes and told me the boy will not be dropped. The matter was feasted on by the Nigerian press, especially Channels sports through Toyin Ibitoye but dele still went to the World Cup as a 17 year old.

I made a comment about it on CE but whatt did they say? I was almost lynched.

These were some of the reactions

1. Maybe he was your boy and did not drop so you want to ruin his career
2. Why mention his name? You are embarrassing him.
3. How come you claim you know his wife? What were you doing with his wife?
4. You are a fool. Stupid journalist.
5. Corrupt journalist.
6. Why do you want to spoil his choppings or are you jealous?
And many more.

Those who knew did not act like the mad crowd. The reactions I got were not just on CE. I got phone calls that I should not go near Ibadan or Ilorin or else be killed So now you understand the kind of country we live in. Now you people want Waffi to mention names? Why should he? He knows you people. Nigerians love the fact that we cheat, even CE members. As long as we win. Dele Ajiboye is older than Vincent Enyeama, but he is supposed to be Vincent's replacement, right? chai!

Some of you on this site behave as though these players were dropped from heaven. You forget they grew up somewhere, had neighbours, played football somewhere and have records.

I decided to stop talking about Nigerian football the way I used to because Nigerians are the same every where. After this I expect people like Omo eko, M15 and Toxxicarrow to come and insult me again, but it does not change the fact that Nigeria is a cheating nation.

In 1985, Adokiye Amiesimaka was a player at Sharks. He watched the U16 World Cup in China only to see his team mate, Tonwonrimi Duere was was married with 2 kids playing for the Eaglets. Did he cry out? Yes he did. so it is not now he started doing this. Do I know members of the class of 2009? Yes! and they may have passed the MRI but they certainly are above 17, but who cares? nigerians would curse you if you say it. You guys can take this thread to 200 pages, but the truth remains, we are a cheating nation

12large
Egg
Egg

Post by 12large »

damm guy u did all these just to proove ajiboye is overage thats messed up not like i'm trying to say ur lieing but remember what the bible say. if you haven't commited sin then throw the first stone. so you want to tell me tht everything in your lifetime that you have done was true smdh at you
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

12large wrote:damm guy u did all these just to proove ajiboye is overage thats messed up not like i'm trying to say ur lieing but remember what the bible say. if you haven't commited sin then throw the first stone. so you want to tell me tht everything in your lifetime that you have done was true smdh at you
So its ok to cheat?
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

12large wrote:damm guy u did all these just to proove ajiboye is overage thats messed up not like i'm trying to say ur lieing but remember what the bible say. if you haven't commited sin then throw the first stone. so you want to tell me tht everything in your lifetime that you have done was true smdh at you
what the hell dude? How can you complain about the state of Nigerian football in one breath and then abuse the people trying to help it in another?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

niyi wrote:
what the hell dude? How can you complain about the state of Nigerian football in one breath and then abuse the people trying to help it in another?
Our people just keep surprising me when I think I have heard it all!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

lagos777 wrote:Spaz, the Problem I have with all these noise about age cheats is that people make it for the sake of making it.
It will be a relatively easy endeavor for people like KOC or Ikman to find out if this guy is really fibbing or not.
We have primary school records, secondary school records, birth records in Nigeria. The big lie is that these records are not available. They are !!!!!!!

When Ik-man provided info on this forum, people asked for his head.

I agree with you that records can be verified. A few years ago, I lost my birth cert... Here in the US, you can get a declaration of age from the Naija Embassy. I was not keen on that, and I casually mentioned it to my bro in Naija. I was pleasantly surprised when he told me that a colleague of his happens to be from the town where I was born... they went to the (catholic) hospital, and the records of my birth were verified, with date, time and both parent's names! They re-issued me a new one.

I am quite positive my primary and secondary schools still have my records...
AFCON 2019 sweet o

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

The problem with people like you is that you make allegations with no basis. You call me dishonest, please tell what I have done to you or with you that prove that I am dishonest. Have I lied or intentionally mislead you before? Have I done business with you and you found me not upright? Of course because you said so, it should be the TRUTH and jungle justice should follow.

What is the duty of a coach? How is he suppose to verify/ascertain the age of a player? There should be procedure/protocol to be followed. To what level should he go before he is satisfied with the evidence before him? What equipment or facilities are available to him to reach a conclusion? Should it be left for him to make a judgement call based on his feelings?

Orion wrote:

I post this quote from Ogbunigwe because it hits it right on the head and also exposing some of the dishonest folks on this forum like you Wanaj0.

What about your call to Nigerians about what they can do to help Nigeria instead of always pointing the finger at the system? From your point of view, yes we know our country is a mess, yes we now our leaders are corrupt, yes we know the system is rotten but what can the individual do in his own little way to help? Isn't that where you were coming from?

Now it's time for someone to do something positive in his own little way but you're happy to quickly pass the problem along as 'a Nigerian issue'. Can't you see now how you guys contribute even more so to the mess that is Nigeria?

This is how Obuh can help if he were to follow your own rally call some time back...

Only invite to camp those players that he thinks fit he age category based on their footballing background and how many years they've been playing in the local league. The coach invites the players he wants, not just take on everyone that comes to camp brandishing an 'official' passport that fits the age category. If he stumbles on a new player he knows nothing about, a few phone calls to fellow coaches, clubs, or academies (from the player's own references) will quickly establish a fairly decent history of that player and whether he fits the current age category or not.

Of course you'll pretend the coach is completely powerless in this situation because it suits you. When it suits you, you defer responsibility to the 'flawed system' and do nothing. The same flawed system you say others should NOT use as an excuse for doing nothing.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
lagos777 wrote:Spaz, the Problem I have with all these noise about age cheats is that people make it for the sake of making it.
It will be a relatively easy endeavor for people like KOC or Ikman to find out if this guy is really fibbing or not.
We have primary school records, secondary school records, birth records in Nigeria. The big lie is that these records are not available. They are !!!!!!!

I agree with you that records can be verified. A few years ago, I lost my birth cert... Here in the US, you can get a declaration of age from the Naija Embassy. I was not keen on that, and I casually mentioned it to my bro in Naija. I was pleasantly surprised when he told me that a colleague of his happens to be from the town where I was born... they went to the (catholic) hospital, and the records of my birth were verified, with date, time and both parent's names! They re-issued me a new one.

So that is why you are now 25 years old. Me I go follow you go, I must play for Nigeria this summer.

x
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:When Ik-man provided info on this forum, people asked for his head.

My brother, that's what I don't get...
This is not rocket science, but rather than doing basics our people will rather indulge in soapbox morality.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

ogasir wrote:
So its ok to cheat?
I guess.
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

niyi wrote:
Yes o, and he cites a portion of the Bible that promotes forgiveness to support cheating. Na wa o.
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
zoro
Egg
Egg

Post by zoro »

Dr Cristao wrote:If the NFF were serious they would have a credible age investigation unit - it is a major issue and the culprits need to be rooted out!
The NFF is the creator, the originator, the initiator , and the propagator of age cheating in Nigerian football. So how can they stop it?
IGBOS ARE THE IMPORTANT AND USEFUL SLAVES OF NIGERIA. THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.
lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Pls bring up the thread ? My problem with ikman is he does not provide info. He just makes up stuff with innuendos.
The records are all their. They should get them and post em on the internet. Send copies to FIFA. Thats how we combat age cheating. Not by throwing "He looks too old accusations " around the internet.
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".
lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

fruck outa here.
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

lagos777 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Pls bring up the thread ? My problem with ikman is he does not provide info. He just makes up stuff with innuendos.
The records are all their. They should get them and post em on the internet. Send copies to FIFA. Thats how we combat age cheating. Not by throwing "He looks too old accusations " around the internet.
Oga Malique:
Revisit this thread and see how IK-man dribbled you...It is often a mere noise from him...He always has everything on tape, but no story in the media to follow.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=155969&start=92
There are other threads here over the years that he opened and made his 'noise' about things, then failed to back up things. I have no time on my hand to be digging through threads and presenting more evidence of his usual antics/
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

GT,

Nothing changes no matter how much support you try to give Ik-Man on this forum. The Rivers Clique and mafia you guys do in here will not stop me from saying, the Ik-Man you call a crusader against over aged players is also part of the problem and cancer affecting our futbol today. His role as media officer of Dolphins FC and also a reporter shows why the conflict of interest tag will continue to follow him everywhere he goes. Ik-Man is good at investigating other players but will never do an expose on a Dolphins player of his ties to the club.

Recently, he accused Eguavoen of being compromised because of certain players he invited to the U-23 team, we know if Egu had invited at least 5-6 Dolphins players, he wouldn't have said anything. It's the way it works. Everyone always looking out for their own interests. Keep it up... The battle continues.

General Trousers wrote:
ikwerreman wrote:
Spicyee wrote:
While Adokye should be commended for speaking out on what he believes in, I think the learned friend got this timing VERY WRONG! He ought to have spoken earlier or forever remain silent on the issue. Bringing this up RIGHT IN THE MIDST OF A WC TOURNEY ON OUR SOIL is as distracting as it is imprudent; he just comes across as one who merely wants to embarrass not just Nigeria but FIFA as well for using the MRI.
Some of our journalists are equally irresponsible; I mean, how do you publish this one on the front page of your best sports magazine while the whole football community is in your country: Do you really have to cut your nose to spite your face? :veryangry:

Nigerians never want the truth and Waffi man knows so I do not blame him for not even bothering to talk. You talk about timing, right? In 2007, I worked with Kickoffnigeria.com I found out Dele Ajiboye was born in 1978, rather than 1990 he claimed.

I wanted to go to the press with my facts but was advised not to to avoid a scandal This was just after the qualifiers I went to Ogunjobi who was Ajiboye's manager and told him his boy was over aged and Ogunjobi asked how I knew. I told him Ajiboye was born in August 1978, got married to Patience Agbokare pre-2004, had two kids from her and was expecting a third. I told Ogunjobi that His wife and kids lived in Ibadan with the kids, I gave him the names of the kids and the schools they attended and I told him I wanted the boy out of the team. I also told him I had and still have Ajiboye's voice on tape admitted he had a wife and kids, but what did Ogunjobi do? Ogunjobi looked me in the eyes and told me the boy will not be dropped. The matter was feasted on by the Nigerian press, especially Channels sports through Toyin Ibitoye but dele still went to the World Cup as a 17 year old.

5. Corrupt journalist.
And many more.

Those who knew did not act like the mad crowd. The reactions I got were not just on CE. I got phone calls that I should not go near Ibadan or Ilorin or else be killed So now you understand the kind of country we live in. Now you people want Waffi to mention names? Why should he? He knows you people. Nigerians love the fact that we cheat, even CE members. As long as we win. Dele Ajiboye is older than Vincent Enyeama, but he is supposed to be Vincent's replacement, right? chai!

Some of you on this site behave as though these players were dropped from heaven. You forget they grew up somewhere, had neighbours, played football somewhere and have records.

I decided to stop talking about Nigerian football the way I used to because Nigerians are the same every where. After this I expect people like Omo eko, M15 and Toxxicarrow to come and insult me again, but it does not change the fact that Nigeria is a cheating nation.

In 1985, Adokiye Amiesimaka was a player at Sharks. He watched the U16 World Cup in China only to see his team mate, Tonwonrimi Duere was was married with 2 kids playing for the Eaglets. Did he cry out? Yes he did. so it is not now he started doing this. Do I know members of the class of 2009? Yes! and they may have passed the MRI but they certainly are above 17, but who cares? nigerians would curse you if you say it. You guys can take this thread to 200 pages, but the truth remains, we are a cheating nation

Soldier of Fortune...
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

lagos777 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Lagos:
Age cheating is unfortunately quite rampant. If ANYBODY has ANY information that any of our players are cheating to play in age-grade tournaments, we should encourage the information to be brought forward and put pressure on the NFA or whatever call themselves to investigate what we know is a MAJOR PROBLEM.
Instead, we tell people to provide evidence to us, otherwise we accuse them of being unpatriotic, having hidden agendas, disgracing the country, etc.

When Chukwudi's records with Sharks, including a picture were presented, I don't recall any of us petitioning the authorities to take action. Instead, we chose to focus on Adokiye's "timing".

I don't know Ikwerreman, but he has provided enough information to warrant investigations by the officials. We on the CE can help not by shouting him down, but by trying to influence policy-making and football administration back at home.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

It seems to me that the truth here is this: Most of Nigeria's youth team players are overage. Thus when anyone picks on 1 or 2 they are sure of, it feels like a witch hunt. Considering the whole team, the officials, and the organizing body and the Nigerian public at large are all well aware of the charade. Needless to say, when Nigeria does field a player who is not overage, it often is the exception and not the rule. If a Nigerian equivalent of Messi pops up at 16 and is lucky enough to be known and plays for a club, he would make the team. But in the absence of that extreme scenario, we by and large field overage players with the blessings of the coaches, officials and the Nigerian public.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

spastic wrote:It seems to me that the truth here is this: Most of Nigeria's youth team players are overage. Thus when anyone picks on 1 or 2 they are sure of, it feels like a witch hunt. Considering the whole team, the officials, and the organizing body and the Nigerian public at large are all well aware of the charade. Needless to say, when Nigeria does field a player who is not overage, it often is the exception and not the rule. If a Nigerian equivalent of Messi pops up at 16 and is lucky enough to be known and plays for a club, he would make the team. But in the absence of that extreme scenario, we by and large field overage players with the blessings of the coaches, officials and the Nigerian public.
As I said on one of Fortune threads...
If he passed the MRI test, it is reasonably likely several others did as well.

That's why I detest the soapbox moralization about age fraud...
It betrays a country more interested in being seen as doing something rather than actually doing so.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

spastic wrote:It seems to me that the truth here is this: Most of Nigeria's youth team players are overage. Thus when anyone picks on 1 or 2 they are sure of, it feels like a witch hunt. Considering the whole team, the officials, and the organizing body and the Nigerian public at large are all well aware of the charade. Needless to say, when Nigeria does field a player who is not overage, it often is the exception and not the rule. If a Nigerian equivalent of Messi pops up at 16 and is lucky enough to be known and plays for a club, he would make the team. But in the absence of that extreme scenario, we by and large field overage players with the blessings of the coaches, officials and the Nigerian public.
Coaches and officials knowingly field overage players and even assist them is forging documents and that is what makes it worse. If a player lies about their age and there is no proof, then we can understand if the coach's hands are tied but when a coach and an official encourages a player to cheat or helps to cover his tracks when there is proof, then those officials need to be prosecuted.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

niyi wrote:

That it, we are a 'sick nation'. How can a man , adult ,responsible individual USE THE BILBLE to jusitfy cheating by saying 'if you haven't commited sin then don't throw the first stone'.

And what do we expect to teach our kids. We are indeed a sick people even using the bible!
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

MI5 wrote:GT,

Nothing changes no matter how much support you try to give Ik-Man on this forum. The Rivers Clique and mafia you guys do in here will not stop me from saying, the Ik-Man you call a crusader against over aged players is also part of the problem and cancer affecting our futbol today. His role as media officer of Dolphins FC and also a reporter shows why the conflict of interest tag will continue to follow him everywhere he goes. Ik-Man is good at investigating other players but will never do an expose on a Dolphins player of his ties to the club.

Recently, he accused Eguavoen of being compromised because of certain players he invited to the U-23 team, we know if Egu had invited at least 5-6 Dolphins players, he wouldn't have said anything. It's the way it works. Everyone always looking out for their own interests. Keep it up... The battle continues.

General Trousers wrote:
ikwerreman wrote:
Spicyee wrote:

5. Corrupt journalist.
And many more.

Whether or not everyone is looking out for his own interests is a red herring. The bottom line is Nigeria should NOT be fraudulently participating in youth tournaments. When we take old Father Christmas players to a U-17 or U-20 tournament and then try to flog them off as the next great African player, once these players show up at their clubs the oyimbo manager will take one look at the "youth" and roll his eyes. The manager of the Barca Cantera has basically repeated this ... some of our players are young, others are not.

While Ikwerreman has been brave (and crazy in light of the threats) to say what he did, some other Nigerian journalists have said the same things, while others have been silent in the face of what they see every day.

What he (the foreign manager and foreign club) gets is a hairy chested, wrinkled brow, receding hairline hard faced Nigerian (and we all have 20 year old cousins ... none of mine look older than me :D ). Then we wonder why the Nigerian players get injured, do not mature and all sorts of mumbo garbage.

Do I think Ikwerreman is lying? No. I do not think Adokiye is lying either. I think Nigeria is doing a disservice to itself. Do I think he has his own interest, I don't really care (it would not concern me anyhow).

There are many work-arounds, but Nigeria should not make fools of themselves. I mean this Mackson Ojobo is featured on a CyberEagles thread in 2005. If he was 15 then we would have heard of him years ago - he is OBVIOUSLY overage. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar and a deceitful fraudster. I do not want Nigeria to get banned, so Obuh should sit up, and more Nigerian journalists should show courage in this issue.

x