AIDS in Africa has been wildly exaggerated ..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

It is an injustice because leaders & crooks are lining their pockets with AIDS-money they should be using to provide sanitation, clean water, basic heath-care for the people. Its all about the money, so follow the money.

These leaders & crooks are agents of the Western drug companies & AIDS organizations who made Africa their new feeding ground after AIDS began to receede in the USA & Europe. They are ready to milk Africa for AIDS money using lies & more lies for as long as they can get away with it.
Last edited by omotori on Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

Of course, AIDS in Africa is grossly exaggerated. Only a fool would believe those stats they spue out about AIDS in Africa.
AIDS has been politicized. And it's being used as a political tool to stigmatize Africa. Take for instance, in his last year's State of the Union address, President Bush promised to allocate $15b to fight AIDS in Africa. Does anyone of y'all know how much of this fund has been released to date? $0!!!

If you really wanna understand the politics of AIDS, get a copy of my book and read the FACTS for yourself.
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

And it's being used as a political tool to stigmatize Africa.
Well said Cyber Saint.

When the AIDS issue is studied well, it becomes clear that AIDS in USA/Europe is a completely diferent phenomenom than in Africa. And the exploitation accompanying it shows beyond any doubt this is just another facet of "WHITE SUPREMACY"

case in point, the test procedures that DELIBERATELY misdiagnoze millions of Africans would never be permitted in USA/Europe. Are the lives of Africans so worthless ? well thats WHITE SUPREMACY right there.
living
Egg
Egg

Post by living »

Well said Yettycom.Omotori I agree with you on that ,the stats are just beloney!
Things might come to those who wait but only those things left behind by those who hustle-Abraham Lincoln
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

I cannot tell one way or the other: i still find it strange that our authorities cannot give you figures on pregnant women, new born babies, malaria infected yet can give you exact AIDS figures
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

There are MILLIONS of AIDS orphans all over Africa especially in Southern Africa who coincidentally are doing a very good job of keeping a better count of those afflicted with the epidemic (because we don’t keep accurate records doesn’t mean HIV/AIDS haven’t reached epidemic proportions in Western Africa especially Nigeria)...

If the numbers are exaggerated, it beats being under estimated. What we need is more funding...like all epidemics, economics play a huge role…

Food or Drugs…will a stronger African economy reduce the cases of HIV/AIDS? Will improved healthcare reduce new HIV cases in Africa? Like a lot of medical conditions, early detection is of utmost importance in dealing with and managing the condition.

We can all pretend that it is a huge conspiracy by the "White people" but our people are dying in massive numbers... We need help!

The economic implications of a workforce afflicted with AIDS are mind-boggling…

You will be surprised at the number of healthcare providers who are afflicted with the disease...not to even mention the number of people who go about infecting more people because they go undetected, even tested people are still in denial...

Belief it or not most of Africa’s problem is economic…

We are losing generations of fellow Africans, yet we are embroiled in “are the numbers exaggerated”!

Ps. No one can give you exact figures... there are just extrapolations of numbers...

Pps. You all probably don't see any correlation between the explosion of sex trade in Africa at large and Nigeria in particular to the HIV/AIDS epidemic...afterall, a prostitute has it written on her face (can you honestly say the number of partners that your partner has had in his or her life?)

But hey, what do we know, the numbers are exaggerated!

Fela said it best, "Suffering and Smiling" !!!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

We can all pretend that it is a huge conspiracy by the "White people" but our people are dying in massive numbers... We need help!
Yes Africans have always died in "massive" numbers from Malaria, Dysentery, Tubercoulosis & other CURABLE diseases. Nothing new about this.

Meanwhile, AIDS which originally emerged as a USA/European "CLASSIFICATION" of new disease/s suffered by homo-sexuals/intravenous drug users has been extended to millions of Africans just on the basis of the existense of an anti-body whose CLAIMED viral agent HIV has never been isolated & which may not even exist. ALL FOR MONEY.

THIS IS THE BIGGEST SCAM IN THE HISTORY OF MEDICINE.

Just the latest news shows that the biggest problem with AIDS today IS IN THE MIS-DIAGNOSIS. THIS IS BIGGER THAN ANYTHING CAUSED BY SOCALLED AIDS OR SO-CALLED HIV.

PLEASE NOTE THE WORD: "MIS-DIAGNOSIS" - THATS THE BIGGER PROBLEM.
Yettycom
Egg
Egg

Post by Yettycom »

omotori wrote:
Yes Africans have always died in "massive" numbers from Malaria, Dysentery, Tubercoulosis & other CURABLE diseases. Nothing new about this.

Meanwhile, AIDS which originally emerged as a USA/European "CLASSIFICATION" of new disease/s suffered by homo-sexuals/intravenous drug users has been extended to millions of Africans just on the basis of the existense of an anti-body whose CLAIMED viral agent HIV has never been isolated & which may not even exist. ALL FOR MONEY.

THIS IS THE BIGGEST SCAM IN THE HISTORY OF MEDICINE.

Just the latest news shows that the biggest problem with AIDS today IS IN THE MIS-DIAGNOSIS. THIS IS BIGGER THAN ANYTHING CAUSED BY SOCALLED AIDS OR SO-CALLED HIV.

PLEASE NOTE THE WORD: "MIS-DIAGNOSIS" - THATS THE BIGGER PROBLEM.
Omotori, i dont exactly get u when u say "biggest problem with AIDS today IS IN THE MIS-DIAGNOSIS". . i'm actually at a loss. i've lived in nigeria all my life and i know they are fully capable of testing for malaria, typhoid, TB and AIDS.

i believe u and i know how HIV works and its symptoms. plus its general effect on the body. how this can now be misplaced for other "Curable" diseases is beyond me.
God is good to me and all who love and follow him.. Amazingly, he's also loving to all those who dont know him. What a mighty God he is!
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Yettycom, Some Naija bobos wey dey leave Naija, after a few years begin dey tink Naija people no fit do anyting demselves for back home!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Thought
Egg
Egg

Post by Thought »

omotori,

Why are we Africans waiting for the whiteman to tell us to abolish such methods that misdiagnose patients? This white supremacy thing too much now..... If we know what is good for ourselves why dont we do it? Dont tell me there is no african leader that is aware of this "misdiagnoses" problem.
Real Madrid - The Greatest Club on Earth!
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzekezeke »

I have read the posts on this topic and all i can say is that it beggars belief that omotori's views are widely shared on this forumn.
I really do wish that AIDS was widly exaggerated but it is not. I have lost numerous friends and family to AIDS and AIDS related illnesses.
As for our Presidents unfortunate comments he has lost several of his Ministers to AIDS(although its always refered to as a long illness) and there are 5 million SAN's living with AIDS yet he has the nerve and insensitivity to say that he knows of no one who has died of AIDS?
Patrick Ntsoelengo,Nelson Dladla,Petros Nzimande, Abednigo Ngcobo,Doctor Khumalo,Vusi Lamola,Gerald Dlamini,Simom Lehoko,Silvester Kole,Lucas Radebe,Jan Lichaba, Leonard Likoebe,Edson Mguyo, Arie Khongoane,Marks Maponyanye,Donald Khuse, Jabu Pule, Mark Tovey, Zebulon Nhlapo,Gabriel Tikkie Khoza,Moran Khulu,Michael Dlamini,Johannes Mofokeng, Wellinton Manyathi,Jingles Perreira....... to be continued....Amhakhosi Kaizer Chiefs!!!!!!!
living
Egg
Egg

Post by living »

Tolah, I wonder ooh, you know.
Mandoza, regardless those statistics are overexaggerated no doubt
Yettycom, but dont u think a country without any basic statistics on the traditional diseases can come out with such statistics on AIDS,isnt there something wrong somewhere

Cyber saint- I even heard that from all those rhetoric about $15b, that actually about $150 million will be what is really affecting africans, the remaining is going to the US companies for research on AIDS,surprising eh?
Things might come to those who wait but only those things left behind by those who hustle-Abraham Lincoln
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Black man sha! :roll:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

Mandoza,

My deepest sympathies about your friends & family but no need to come here and spread hysteria. I love South Africa. I have been there. And I marched & demonstrated against apartheid back in the days.

The followong people are said to have died of AIDS. They are senior politicians but none was a Minister under Mbeki:

1) Edward Mabunda, ANC
2) Parks Mankahlana, presidential spokesman
3) Peter Mokaba, ANC Youth League
4) Edwin Cameron, judge

NONE OF THESE WAS EVER A MINISTER UNDER MBEKI

In the face of so much ignorance about HIV/AIDS, no wonder so many are dying.

THE FACT IS THAT HEALTH CARE SYSTEMS IN SEVERAL AFRICAN COUNTRIES HAVE BECOME VICTIMS OF AIDS PIMPS & CROOKS. THATS WHY PEOPLE ARE DYING OF CURABLE DISEASES.

I hope Nigerians reject the AIDS/HIV scam because Nigerians should know a scam when they see it.
Last edited by omotori on Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

You use the word African like the European and American would....as if it were one country! This is wrong! Countries like Morrocco, Malawi and Libya to name but 3 have pretty good healthcare systems!

omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

Rude Boy, Sorry I will edit the post.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

omotori wrote:Rude Boy, Sorry I will edit the post.
:)
Yettycom
Egg
Egg

Post by Yettycom »

Omotori, i'll be praying 4 u. :(
God is good to me and all who love and follow him.. Amazingly, he's also loving to all those who dont know him. What a mighty God he is!
AreaStarr
Egg
Egg
Location: By the Bar as usual hand full of liquor puffing on a sweet swisher!

Post by AreaStarr »

Funny how two Africans from the South of the continent , therefore Tinaye and Mandoza say that Aids is not exaggerated. They should know they come from a part of the continent that is hardest by the HIV/Aids epidemic and probably know some people who have died of the Aids virus.
Yet know it alls who spend their days searching the net for facts and figures would have us believe that Aids is greatly exaggerated?

I know who I am more inclined to believe.
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

The problem is so many cannot see how the exagerration & scam behind AIDS is killing thousands & mlliions of Africans UNECESARILY.

I HAVE HEARD IT SO MANY TIMES FROM AFRICANS WHO SAY: "IT DOES NOT REALLY MATTER IF AIDS IS EXAGERRATED, AS LONG AS THEY ARE ATTACKING IT"

I AM SORRY BUT THIS IS AN EXTREMELY IGNORANT ATTITUDE TO TAKE FOR PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO BE EDUCATED.

ANS I HEAR IT ALL THE TIME FROM AFRICANS

HOW THEN CAN AFRICA BE SAVED IF PEOPLE CAN BE SO UNCONCERNED ABOUT THE REAL FACTS BEHIND AN EPIDEMIC THAT IS KILLING SO MANY UNNECESARRILY.

I AM STARTING TO BELEIVE AFRICA WILL NEVER CHANGE BECAUSE TOO MANY OF US CAN BE SO IDIOTIC.

And thats why we allow ourseves to be rules by clueless corrupt uneducated idiots.

I have always wondered why Africans show such illiterate attitudes over HIV/AIDS.

I can see more clearly now. And I realize its not just HIV/AIDS, Its everything.
Mankinka
Egg
Egg

Post by Mankinka »

Aids exaggerated? Someone is certainly having a laugh on cybereagles. :x
Areastar thank you for your post. It pisses me off when people attempt to trivialise such a grave issue and and use conspiracy theories and questionable reports to back their argument.
Maybe some of these people should go and repeat their rubbish to the millions of aids orphans in Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, SA, Swaziland..........etc.

Enough already!
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

AreaStarr,

If you think this issue has anything at all to do with where someone comes from, you are totally ignorant.

And by beleiving Mandoza & Tinaye, you will be as knowledgeable or as ignorant as both of them about HIV/ADIS.

I feel very sorry for people who cannot digest information & reason a position. People who knowledge is based primarily on whom they beleive.

I have really given up on Africans.
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

Mankinka,

Let me tell you something. You should just shut your trap if you cannot add any data or evidence or analysis to the discussion.

Your post is nothing but anecdote & its totally meaningless. And people who make such statements as you did with no reasoned analysis on such a grave matter are basically morons.

I am sorry for being so harsh but I have decided that Africans who claim to be educated should use their brains instead of talking rubbish.

There is plenty of information & data out there.

USE YOUR BLOODY HEAD & ADD SOME INTELLIGENCE TO THE DISCISSION INSTEAD OF MEANINGLESS ANECTODES