AHMED MUSA ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
AHMED MUSA ?

Post by vancity eagle »

How old is this guy really ? I really like this player, but I just don't believe the boy is 18. He has a receeding hairline, and that moustache isn't helping him either. I really hope he is young, but lets not kid ourselves and be honest here, how old is this guy really ?
opine
Egg
Egg
Re: AHMED MUSA ?

Post by opine »

vancity eagle wrote:How old is this guy really ? I really like this player, but I just don't believe the boy is 18. He has a receeding hairline, and that moustache isn't helping him either. I really hope he is young, but lets not kid ourselves and be honest here, how old is this guy really ?
I watched the Croatia game yesterday for the first time and while I don't like accusing people without proof I found myself cringing at some of the things I saw and heard. At one point the commentator said Nigeria had the youngest squad in the tournament. I cringed. When I saw Anyanwu close up. I cringed. When I saw 18 year old Musa. I cringed. When Uwaifor came in and i took one look at him...my Lord! did I cring at the 19 year old.
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

vancity eagle wrote:How old is this guy really ? I really like this player, but I just don't believe the boy is 18. He has a receeding hairline, and that moustache isn't helping him either. I really hope he is young, but lets not kid ourselves and be honest here, how old is this guy really ?

i dont believe he is 18 either but neither do i believe he is 25 talkless of 30. the guy only started playing proffesional football last yr. prior to that na football academy im dey. if he were an age cheat, we would have known abt him and heard stories abt him loong time ago. my guess..he is prolly between 20-22
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I too cringed when that commentator said that Nigeria has the youngest team in the tournament. How could he say that with a straight face, Cheii !!!!!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bret- hart wrote:

i dont believe he is 18 either but neither do i believe he is 25 talkless of 30. the guy only started playing proffesional football last yr. prior to that na football academy im dey. if he were an age cheat, we would have known abt him and heard stories abt him loong time ago. my guess..he is prolly between 20-22

Are these reliable sources of his background or what ? Could he have been hiding out all these years in some village practising and working on his skills.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

vancity eagle wrote:
bret- hart wrote:

Are these reliable sources of his background or what ? Could he have been hiding out all these years in some village practising and working on his skills.

does that really make any sense??? if he were a talented baller, wouldnt he seek to get noticed by some club to make money instead of tapping leda under the bridge??? again if the guy were an obvious age cheat, people would have spoken out by now. it would also be easy to get news reports of his exploits dating back 5-6yrs ago. thus far all the reports conserning him start from 2010. google is your friend.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

I too cringed to notice that Saudi Arabia, Argentina, Costa Rica, Guatemala, France and Spain also feature players way over the age limit.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

Image Image

Ahmed Musa is supposed to be younger than Kule pictured right. Kule is avery good American born naija soccer player who went to naija to try out for the u-17 national team but came back and said he had no chance because the men were too old
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

African Star wrote:Image Image

Ahmed Musa is supposed to be younger than Kule pictured right. Kule is avery good American born naija soccer player who went to naija to try out for the u-17 national team but came back and said he had no chance because the men were too old

KAAAIIIIIII !!!!!!!! This is horrible oh, Musa may really be close to 30 years old !!!!!!!!!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Why is he trying out for the U-17 team if he's older than Musa who will turn 19 in October? Do you also know Kule is not a Nigerian name? I suspect you're confused and out you're making up stories.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

vancity eagle wrote:

KAAAIIIIIII !!!!!!!! This is horrible oh, Musa may really be close to 30 years old !!!!!!!!!
You're so gullible and is indeed horrible.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

niyi wrote:

Why is he trying out for the U-17 team if he's older than Musa who will turn 19 in October? Do you also know Kule is not a Nigerian name? I suspect you're confused and out you're making up stories.
Kule went 2 years ago not just now. I know the family and his father, Babatunde is a diehard SE fan.
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

African Star wrote:
niyi wrote:

Kule went 2 years ago not just now. I know the family and his father, Babatunde is a diehard SE fan.
Well can we get a picture of Kunle at 19 years old?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

niyi wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

You're so gullible and is indeed horrible.
http://www.towsontigers.com/ViewArticl ... EASON=2011

#17 Olakunle Banjo
Position: Forward
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 160
Year: Sophomore
City/State: Upper Marlboro, Md.
High School: Largo H.S.

2010 Season: Appeared in all 17 games as a freshman ... started 16 times ... came off the bench against Saint Joseph's ... second team All-CAA selection who was also named to the CAA All-Rookie Team ... tied for fourth in CAA with 19 points ... Tigers' second-leading scorer with seven goals with five assists ... named CAA Co-Player of the Week and Rookie of the Week after leading Tigers to wins over Loyola and Longwood ... recorded first two-goal game of college career in 3-2 win over Greyhounds ... contributed a goal in victory over Longwood ... tallied a goal in back-to-back games against Saint Joseph's and UMBC ... scored Tigers' lone goal in 1-1 tie against CAA champion William & Mary ... tallied two assists in 2-2 tie at UNC Wilmington ... attempted 36 shots.

Background: First team All-County forward for Coach Scotch Ndovu ... named first team All-Gazette ... honored as team MVP.

Personal: Lists his parents as the people he admires the most ... enjoys playing soccer and basketball ... favorite professional sports team is Manchester United ... favorite TV show is “The Game” ... likes to play “FIFA Soccer” video game ... favorite musician is Lil Wayne ... has three brothers ... father works in real estate and graduated from Bowie State ... mother is a nurse who attended Southeastern University ... son of Babatunde and Abisola Banjo ... born on December 3, 1992 in Washington, D.C. ... has yet to declare a major.
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

niyi wrote:
African Star wrote:
niyi wrote:

Well can we get a picture of Kunle at 19 years old?
2 pics here of kuleat 18 and 19.
kone
Egg
Egg

Post by kone »

Lol is that kunle edward. Dat story is so true. Kayode is 17 lmao
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

so Kunle has a baby face while Musa does not. so effing what? does not change the fact that Musa is not an age cheat. again where are the news reports from 5-6yrs ago linked to Musa? can a 30 yr old man run the way Musa runs? u guys need to think for a second.

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Mudi E wrote:I too cringed to notice that Saudi Arabia, Argentina, Costa Rica, Guatemala, France and Spain also feature players way over the age limit.

the funny thing is that the so called saints ala Brazil, Argentina, Spain etc all cheat. we know it, FIFA knows it. in fact looking thru this competition, the only teams that are using real kids are Guatamala and Costa Rica...which is why they are being hammared by their opponents.

dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

bret- hart wrote:
Mudi E wrote:I too cringed to notice that Saudi Arabia, Argentina, Costa Rica, Guatemala, France and Spain also feature players way over the age limit.

the funny thing is that the so called saints ala Brazil, Argentina, Spain etc all cheat. we know it, FIFA knows it. in fact looking thru this competition, the only teams that are using real kids are Guatamala and Costa Rica...which is why they are being hammared by their opponents.

You took the word from my mouth. In as much as I don`t support using men for kids competetion, the truth is the South Americans are not saints,they cheat too.
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
Igbanibo
Egg
Egg

Post by Igbanibo »

Don't they all get scanned using MRI to check on growth plates? If that is the case, they couldn't be probably more than 2-3 years past their listed age.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

It is folks like you that compel people to defend these guys.... with a weak half arsed argument about telling someone's age based on picture evidence. Ahmed Musa could be 50 years old... but him looking older than Kunle Banjo has no bearing on the argument.

You should have posted a picture of Kunle and asked folks to guess his age.

I have seen Kunle play, bobo is good and has a very high football IQ... his pop encouraged him to play lots of ball with Africans to get hardened/toughened which in turn helped his game (because at some point he was more American in his approach to soccer). ...love his skill set...he could take players on and is a good shooter... but the point remains that you can't tell a player's age by mere looking at him. I say this using myself and my siblings as an example. As a 16 year old freshman LB/DE at VT my brother could have passed for a 20 year old. Easily!

Last I checked, Ahmed Musa is rightfully playing on the Senior Eagles team... No?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bret- hart wrote:

I am not concerned with whether or not Brazil and Argentina cheat, I am concerned with us fooling ourselves with hot young prospects who fizzle out before their career even begins. Do Brazil and ARgentina have players whose careers suddenly end at 26 or 27. Why does Osaze who is 30 look younger and have more energy than most of our players, please I am not accusing anybody of anything here, I just think we need to look ourselves in the mirror here and address a true problem which is detrimental to our national team football. I am not accusing Ahmed Musa, I am merely raising a legitimate question and would like to know other people's thoughts and inputs.
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

bret- hart wrote:Image

so Kunle has a baby face while Musa does not. so effing what? does not change the fact that Musa is not an age cheat. again where are the news reports from 5-6yrs ago linked to Musa? can a 30 yr old man run the way Musa runs? u guys need to think for a second.
Kunle does not have a baby face, he has the face of an 19 year old. Below is a pic of Joseph Gyau and his team mates on the Hoffenheim reserves, they are all older than Musa.