AHMED MUSA ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AHMED MUSA ?

Post by bret- hart »

vancity eagle wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
Mudi E wrote:I too cringed to notice that Saudi Arabia, Argentina, Costa Rica, Guatemala, France and Spain also feature players way over the age limit.

the funny thing is that the so called saints ala Brazil, Argentina, Spain etc all cheat. we know it, FIFA knows it. in fact looking thru this competition, the only teams that are using real kids are Guatamala and Costa Rica...which is why they are being hammared by their opponents.

I am not concerned with whether or not Brazil and Argentina cheat, I am concerned with us fooling ourselves with hot young prospects who fizzle out before their career even begins. Do Brazil and ARgentina have players whose careers suddenly end at 26 or 27. Why does Osaze who is 30 look younger and have more energy than most of our players, please I am not accusing anybody of anything here, I just think we need to look ourselves in the mirror here and address a true problem which is detrimental to our national team football. I am not accusing Ahmed Musa, I am merely raising a legitimate question and would like to know other people's thoughts and inputs.

R9, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Saviola, Aimar, D'Allesandro etc. where they age cheats since they fizzeled outat their mid-late 20s??? you guys will never give a Naija player the benefit of the doubt. Kanu despite his heart surgery still played ball well into his 30s at the highest level yet peeps like you accused him of being 50. same goes for Oruma etc. there are many factors that determine if these boys will make it to prime time and last long playing football not just talent alone. that said i expect Musa to be around for a long time. i could care less if u guys accuse him of being 40 by then.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

Cellular wrote:
African Star wrote:Image Image

Ahmed Musa is supposed to be younger than Kule pictured right. Kule is avery good American born naija soccer player who went to naija to try out for the u-17 national team but came back and said he had no chance because the men were too old

It is folks like you that compel people to defend these guys.... with a weak half arsed argument about telling someone's age based on picture evidence. Ahmed Musa could be 50 years old... but him looking older than Kunle Banjo has no bearing on the argument.

You should have posted a picture of Kunle and asked folks to guess his age.

I have seen Kunle play, bobo is good and has a very high football IQ... his pop encouraged him to play lots of ball with Africans to get hardened/toughened which in turn helped his game (because at some point he was more American in his approach to soccer). ...love his skill set...he could take players on and is a good shooter... but the point remains that you can't tell a player's age by mere looking at him. I say this using myself and my siblings as an example. As a 16 year old freshman LB/DE at VT my brother could have passed for a 20 year old. Easily!

Last I checked, Ahmed Musa is rightfully playing on the Senior Eagles team... No?
But he is wrongfully playing for the U-20 team and denying legitimate players the chance to play. I posted Kunle's picture because when I saw Ahmed's picture it reminded me of the things Kunle told my son when he went to train with the Naija U-17 team. He and my son were team mates and my son came home laughing one day after practice, telling me what Kunle told him. Kunle did not tell his other American team mates anythig because he did not want them to know but he told my son, another African kid that at practice he was calling some of the players sir by reflex until some got mad at him and told him not to call them sir. He said some balls came for 50/50 tackles and him no fit put foot to tackle the ball because they will break his leg.

Fact is that as much as we don't want to admit it these guys do it out of economic desperation. This same argument was made for Crisantus and these guys never develop or improve on their youth cup performances. I don't like it, I take no joy in it but sometimes it has to be stated. Why is it that all these guys in question never have baby faces or full hairlines.
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Cellular wrote:

Ahmed Musa is supposed to be younger than Kule pictured right. Kule is avery good American born naija soccer player who went to naija to try out for the u-17 national team but came back and said he had no chance because the men were too old

It is folks like you that compel people to defend these guys.... with a weak half arsed argument about telling someone's age based on picture evidence. Ahmed Musa could be 50 years old... but him looking older than Kunle Banjo has no bearing on the argument.

I have seen Kunle play, bobo is good and has a very high football IQ... his pop encouraged him to play lots of ball with Africans to get hardened/toughened which in turn helped his game (because at some point he was more American in his approach to soccer). ...love his skill set...he could take players on and is a good shooter... but the point remains that you can't tell a player's age by mere looking at him. I say this using myself and my siblings as an example. As a 16 year old freshman LB/DE at VT my brother could have passed for a 20 year old. Easily!

Last I checked, Ahmed Musa is rightfully playing on the Senior Eagles team... No?

Uncle, you want tell me say if you dress up today and say you be under 20 there is no way we fit look at you and tell say you dey approach the half century mark? Even bomboy like myself cannot pass as a U20 despite the fact that I dey only 5 years removed. Kunle's picture about is what typical 17 and 18 year old look like in Nigeria. I am yet see any 18 year old in Nigeria that look like Kayode, or Musa. I won't even mention Nwofor because I am yet to see a 30 year old that look like that. We are deceiving ourselves by thinking these players are youths.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote:
Uncle, you want tell me say if you dress up today and say you be under 20 there is no way we fit look at you and tell say you dey approach the half century mark? Even bomboy like myself cannot pass as a U20 despite the fact that I dey only 5 years removed. Kunle's picture about is what typical 17 and 18 year old look like in Nigeria. I am yet see any 18 year old in Nigeria that look like Kayode, or Musa. I won't even mention Nwofor because I am yet to see a 30 year old that look like that. We are deceiving ourselves by thinking these players are youths.
My great uncle, I don't believe they are their stated age. I don't even bother watching...

But I will defend them because they were adjudged to be U20. We get something way we dey say for my side say "pesin way dey chop akara dey chop im money..."

What is our goal? Win some meaningless WYC and can't win a game in 2 previous WCs? There is not one single team in Africa that plays with age appropriate players. None!

And until FIFA either finds a way to better enforce the age rules, they will still be getting men play among boys.

The sad part is that the boy Kunle is good enough to play for the Team... he is that good. But they rather play with old men...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:
My great uncle, I don't believe they are their stated age. I don't even bother watching...

But I will defend them because they were adjudged to be U20. We get something way we dey say for my side say "pesin way dey chop akara dey chop im money..."

What is our goal? Win some meaningless WYC and can't win a game in 2 previous WCs? There is not one single team in Africa that plays with age appropriate players. None!

And until FIFA either finds a way to better enforce the age rules, they will still be getting men play among boys.

The sad part is that the boy Kunle is good enough to play for the Team... he is that good. But they rather play with old men...

What pisses me off the most is that they celebrate after they score making the cameramen do an upclose on their faces.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: What pisses me off the most is that they celebrate after they score making the cameramen do an upclose on their faces.
Do they do summersaults too?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

vancity eagle wrote:How old is this guy really ? I really like this player, but I just don't believe the boy is 18. He has a receeding hairline, and that moustache isn't helping him either. I really hope he is young, but lets not kid ourselves and be honest here, how old is this guy really ?
he does not have a receding hairline not everyone has the Jaime fox sharpie hairline which starts before their forehead
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

African Star wrote:
niyi wrote:

Why is he trying out for the U-17 team if he's older than Musa who will turn 19 in October? Do you also know Kule is not a Nigerian name? I suspect you're confused and out you're making up stories.
Kule went 2 years ago not just now. I know the family and his father, Babatunde is a diehard SE fan.
You guys are comparing two different life existence. One grew up under the hard condition and brain melting African tropical sun, able to turn any sweet grape into prunes overnight; and the other under a sheltered "aje buta" soft live in the US. You guys sometime seem not to have good sense of judgements. I remember going home to Nigeria after several years in US. I saw my friends we all got out of high school same year. I could not believe my eyes at the way they looked. All wrinkled and old looking. Kai! Di thing taya me. So, make una dey take sofrie dey destroy these kids o. What ever goes around comes around. Some of una dey do am with bad belle.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Kule is a baller I played indoor with him this past winter and church league etc, the kid is good but the physicality aspect that our naija teams always present (probably related to the age issue lol) at these tourneys won't allow a truly small boy to make that U-17 team...no way!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

bret- hart wrote:
Mudi E wrote:I too cringed to notice that Saudi Arabia, Argentina, Costa Rica, Guatemala, France and Spain also feature players way over the age limit.

the funny thing is that the so called saints ala Brazil, Argentina, Spain etc all cheat. we know it, FIFA knows it. in fact looking thru this competition, the only teams that are using real kids are Guatamala and Costa Rica...which is why they are being hammared by their opponents.
The worst culprit was Ghana..kai see the old men they paraded in Egypt 2 years ago. Look at Adiyiah's old potato face.. :curse:
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

African Star wrote:
niyi wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

KAAAIIIIIII !!!!!!!! This is horrible oh, Musa may really be close to 30 years old !!!!!!!!!
You're so gullible and is indeed horrible.
http://www.towsontigers.com/ViewArticl ... EASON=2011

#17 Olakunle Banjo
Position: Forward
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 160
Year: Sophomore
City/State: Upper Marlboro, Md.
High School: Largo H.S.

2010 Season: Appeared in all 17 games as a freshman ... started 16 times ... came off the bench against Saint Joseph's ... second team All-CAA selection who was also named to the CAA All-Rookie Team ... tied for fourth in CAA with 19 points ... Tigers' second-leading scorer with seven goals with five assists ... named CAA Co-Player of the Week and Rookie of the Week after leading Tigers to wins over Loyola and Longwood ... recorded first two-goal game of college career in 3-2 win over Greyhounds ... contributed a goal in victory over Longwood ... tallied a goal in back-to-back games against Saint Joseph's and UMBC ... scored Tigers' lone goal in 1-1 tie against CAA champion William & Mary ... tallied two assists in 2-2 tie at UNC Wilmington ... attempted 36 shots.

Background: First team All-County forward for Coach Scotch Ndovu ... named first team All-Gazette ... honored as team MVP.

Personal: Lists his parents as the people he admires the most ... enjoys playing soccer and basketball ... favorite professional sports team is Manchester United ... favorite TV show is “The Game” ... likes to play “FIFA Soccer” video game ... favorite musician is Lil Wayne ... has three brothers ... father works in real estate and graduated from Bowie State ... mother is a nurse who attended Southeastern University ... son of Babatunde and Abisola Banjo ... born on December 3, 1992 in Washington, D.C. ... has yet to declare a major.

African Star did you get authourisation from the father before you put the boy info on the net for everyone to see?
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

Cellular wrote:

Inseed..how can you compare the facial feature of a player born in the United States to that of Nigeria born and raised? There goes the difference.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

maceo4 wrote:

Kule is a baller I played indoor with him this past winter and church league etc, the kid is good but the physicality aspect that our naija teams always present (probably related to the age issue lol) at these tourneys won't allow a truly small boy to make that U-17 team...no way!
But like Gotti always maintains growth is not static. The same Kunle is a beast right now. Regardless of how old you are he will handle you very easily on all fronts. He came back from Naija and decided to play regularly against mature African men with bad intentions and he more than holds his own.

What he was able to do was not use his disappointment of not making the team as a crutch. Dude hit the gym and exposed his game to the African no holds barred game (at a risk to his scholarship).

BTW, African Star should have shown the game picture (action picture) of Kunle so folks in the World Wide Web could judge for themselves... especially the picture ID age inspectors.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

vancity eagle wrote:
bret- hart wrote:

I am not concerned with whether or not Brazil and Argentina cheat, I am concerned with us fooling ourselves with hot young prospects who fizzle out before their career even begins. Do Brazil and ARgentina have players whose careers suddenly end at 26 or 27. Why does Osaze who is 30 look younger and have more energy than most of our players, please I am not accusing anybody of anything here, I just think we need to look ourselves in the mirror here and address a true problem which is detrimental to our national team football. I am not accusing Ahmed Musa, I am merely raising a legitimate question and would like to know other people's thoughts and inputs.
Yes..Denilson, Mazinho, Ariel Ortega..the list is endless.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Mudi E wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
bret- hart wrote:

Yes..Denilson, Mazinho, Ariel Ortega..the list is endless.
that is exactly what I am saying... with African Star's argument, folks who are not in support of the team are even defending them based on folks using picture evidence as proof of age cheating...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Cellular wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

But like Gotti always maintains growth is not static. The same Kunle is a beast right now. Regardless of how old you are he will handle you very easily on all fronts. He came back from Naija and decided to play regularly against mature African men with bad intentions and he more than holds his own.

What he was able to do was not use his disappointment of not making the team as a crutch. Dude hit the gym and exposed his game to the African no holds barred game (at a risk to his scholarship).

BTW, African Star should have shown the game picture (action picture) of Kunle so folks in the World Wide Web could judge for themselves... especially the picture ID age inspectors.
I know for sure had Kunle made the team, he would have been deemed overage by people. It is as simple as that. They would have said he falsified his birth records. It is what it is with our people...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Image
:rotf:
mojojojo
Egg
Egg

Post by mojojojo »

According to the Guardian UK, at one FIFA under 17 WC tournament it was found that over a third of the players were over the age limit.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... ld-problem

I don't support age cheating but I think FIFA is aware and lax rule enforcement allows the federations to get away with it.

That said I don't see anyone providing tentative proof that Ahmed Musa is an age cheat.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Mudi E wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Image
:rotf:
Post picture of Rooney, LeBron, Dwight Howard so we can start using picture to determine age
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

ojafranpa wrote:
African Star did you get authourisation from the father before you put the boy info on the net for everyone to see?
Kule's pics and info are in the public domain. Ifyou google Olakunle Banjo you will get all kinds of info. on him.
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach