Mucho Respect To The Galactic League!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

omonaija,
Raul that played with so many great players in his own time. Players like: Micheal Laudrup, the chilean international and the yugoslavia international (both I have forgotten their names)
Zamorano and Suker?
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

khalela,
If only La Liga can be marketed just the way EPL was advertised to the whole world! I like Spanish league because of its fierce competition between the big teams and the lower teams in La Liga, the skillz on parade is something of high class compare to the kick and follow soccer they play in England. Arsenal is the only team in the EPL that plays a very good all around soccer...from defense to midfield and then to attack!
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

27 wrote:omonaija,
Raul that played with so many great players in his own time. Players like: Micheal Laudrup, the chilean international and the yugoslavia international (both I have forgotten their names)
Zamorano and Suker?
Thanks man but another yugoslavian international named milosevic (I am not too sure of the name) was very good striker and has mad skillz. He played with Real Madrid when Fabio Capello was the coach at Madrid then but now he is retired.
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
khalela

Post by khalela »

Omonaija,
The Yugoslav is Pedrag Mijatovic and he scored the only goal for us against Juveventus in the 1997/98 CL finals and we went on to lift the cup. We had Dovor Suker,Clarence Seedorf,Fernando Hierro, the young Raul.
As for marketing the La liga, that is another reason that we bought Beckham :P .And we have pre season tournaments around the world next season. And how many Spanish players have youe seen in EPL.Lai lai.They would prefer to play for Real Murcia.
The league has real competition that is why the la Liga is not decided till like at least 2 games to go.And you are not sure that you will retain your title or even see the back of the next champions.
Hola Madrid.Me I am a die hard fan.
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

khalela,
Thanks for reminding me the name of the Yugoslav player: Pedrag Mijatovic. That guy is a baller, got skills, scores some vital goals for Real Madrid even against their arch rival, Barcelona!
I could feel that you are a real fanatic! Actually, there is a spanish player playing for both Bolton and Muiddlesboro so don't even jump over the fence there. But as per for the level of competition....that is true, EPL has always been Arsenal, Man.U, Chelsea, Liverfool and Leeds league! You hardly see any upset!
khalela

Post by khalela »

Omonaija,
I will try not to go over the fence. And yes I remember Ivan Campo in Bolton.And he played for Real Madrid before we sold him :wink:
The truth is that at times all the EPL noise can be a bit biased and I get tired and exaspersted when the Utd fans start making so much noise.Forgetting the fact that it took Sir Alex almost 15 years of coaching the same club to win the CL after they had been local champions for almost that amount of years.Even Van Gaal did it for less than a decade with Ajax. And the rest of the EPL clubs have not reach the quarters since Liverpool won aeons ago.
I'll watch it; though I can handle the Utd fans cos I got there number.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

khalea:
Raul is not the second highest goal scorer in the league. I know that Torres is and not Raul.

Anyway, I watch the league religiously. Been a few months now!
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
khalela

Post by khalela »

I don't remember saying league. I thought I said for Real.Please read it again though I have copied it out for you.

"The burnt out Raul was still the second highest goalscorer for Real Madrid last season.And is still the 2nd highest goal scorer for Real this season with 10 goals to Ronaldo's 15.And he is still hustling. I wish SE had burnt out strikers like that " .
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Khalela:
My bad. He is the second highest scorer for Real this season!
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Yettycom
Egg
Egg

Post by Yettycom »

khalela wrote:Omonaija,
The Yugoslav is Pedrag Mijatovic and he scored the only goal for us against Juveventus in the 1997/98 CL finals and we went on to lift the cup. We had Dovor Suker,Clarence Seedorf,Fernando Hierro, the young Raul.
As for marketing the La liga, that is another reason that we bought Beckham :P .And we have pre season tournaments around the world next season. And how many Spanish players have youe seen in EPL.Lai lai.They would prefer to play for Real Murcia.
The league has real competition that is why the la Liga is not decided till like at least 2 games to go.And you are not sure that you will retain your title or even see the back of the next champions.
Hola Madrid.Me I am a die hard fan.
khalela i'm loving u more and more. it's Real Madrid and the rest. i hope u've told them dat we're winning the CL this season. :D

however, my prayer is dat they work on getting someone 4 the defence/d-midfield. i was so sad when they let Makalele go.
God is good to me and all who love and follow him.. Amazingly, he's also loving to all those who dont know him. What a mighty God he is!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Yettycom:
Sorry to burst your bubble but both Valencia and Depor will pip Madrid to the finish line!

khalela i'm loving u more and more. it's Real Madrid and the rest. i hope u've told them dat we're winning the CL this season.

however, my prayer is dat they work on getting someone 4 the defence/d-midfield. i was so sad when they let Makalele go.
khalela

Post by khalela »

Yetty girl,
More power to you.Don't mind them guys that think that they can oppress us or shove their opinions down our throats. I don try tell them say na we be oga but them no wan hear. They will see it then. Have you not noticed how anybody that beats Real puts it as their highlight for the season while for us, it is business as usual.
Me, i pray every night that we will buy a defensive midfielder. All the players are getting burnt out with having to play dual roles.But let them note that even without one,we are still a terror and with a more complete team-their worst nightmare come to pass :lol: .
Bubus
Egg
Egg
Re: Mucho Respect To The Galactic League!

Post by Bubus »

YUJAM wrote:I was planning to touch on this topic. Chei, did I see some football in La Liga this weekend. Truly, the Spanish have some real giants of football in their league. Man like Joaquim - Betis, Torres - Atletico, Reyes - Sevilla, Luque, Valeron, and Victor - Deportivo, Ronaldnho - Barca, Benjamin - Betis etc etc.

During the Barca vs Bilbao game, I saw Ronaldinho "height" this guy three times in a row. The crowd went crazy. Of course, such appreciation for skill is not shown by fans in England. Luque also pulled off this incredible "height" move on a Zaragoza player and once again the crowd went crazy. It was kinda like a ballerina move where Luque one leg planted firmly the other fully extended managed to height his opponent right on the byline.

Then of course there were the totally devastating dribbling moves. I saw Joaquim run circles around Roberto Carlos on Sunday. Ronaldinho pulled off some serious dribbles. JJ is nowhere near this kid when it comes to raw skills. Then there was Zidane who just seems to breeze past players in midfield. Man, I am even beginning to like Raul more now.

The football in La Liga is so tremendous that I just bust a big smile when watching their games.

All hail to the galacticos!
I watched Ronaldinho and Okocha play for PSG... I watched them regularly in training in Paris. I still remember Okocha giving Ronaldinho some freestyle lessons during the respites. Particularly after Ronaldinho tried to execute a spinback that Okocha did and failed repeatedly... you could see the guy was learning at the feet of Oga.

When I saw the recent Nike freestyle video featuring Ronaldinho with his rythmical juggling... I was just thinking... if Oga was brazilian, how many such videos he'd be making a year.
JJ Okocha will take this freekick... curls it in! Oh! ...curls it right in!! What a goal?!! What a moment of magic from JJ Okocha?!! And its 1-1!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Bubus:
I rate JJ very highly but when it comes to ball skills, Ronaldinho is better than him. Zidane tops the chart of course!

I watched Ronaldinho and Okocha play for PSG... I watched them regularly in training in Paris. I still remember Okocha giving Ronaldinho some freestyle lessons during the respites. Particularly after Ronaldinho tried to execute a spinback that Okocha did and failed repeatedly... you could see the guy was learning at the feet of Oga.

When I saw the recent Nike freestyle video featuring Ronaldinho with his rythmical juggling... I was just thinking... if Oga was brazilian, how many such videos he'd be making a year.
Egg
Egg

Post by Bubus »

YUJAM wrote:Bubus:
I rate JJ very highly but when it comes to ball skills, Ronaldinho is better than him. Zidane tops the chart of course!

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Tricks and thing. Masturbatory dribbles with a purpose tho!
I don't know what you refer to as 'ball skills'.
Bubus
Egg
Egg

Post by Bubus »

YUJAM wrote:Tricks and thing. Masturbatory dribbles with a purpose tho!
I don't know what you refer to as 'ball skills'.
Okocha does more tricks than Zidane and Ronaldinho. There are some things he does I have never seen any other player do. Watching him in training was a spectacle.

Its the purpose part that differentiates these players... although Ronaldinho still has a lot to show for purpose... but principally, Zidane will trick opponents setting up positive play 90% of the time... Okocha does it to entertain... if the end result is positive thats a plus.
JJ Okocha will take this freekick... curls it in! Oh! ...curls it right in!! What a goal?!! What a moment of magic from JJ Okocha?!! And its 1-1!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Yujam, Ronaldinho learnt quite a bit from JJ at PSG. As for valencia and depor pipping Real.............keep dreaming. Los Merengues forever my man.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Ronaldinho is a faster version of JJ. but JJ still has some ridiculous moves that makes everyone go daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmn....
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I am constantly amazed by how these guys (JJ, Ronaldinho, and Zidane) seem to breeze past players so easily in the oepn field.

If you look closely though, it is all about body moves!
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

especially zizou. I saw one move where he let the ball do the running and used he body movement to go past 2 guys WITHOUT touching the ball.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
khalela

Post by khalela »

Zizzou is a living and playing legend. We have a lot of that in La Liga :P :lol: