The Looming Catalan Wars...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Looming Catalan Wars: Barca vs Guardiola

Post by Catalyst »

The only thing I do not like about this story is the part where Pep (who is my guy, for real) went out of his way to start naming names of people who where behind thee smear.

I think he should have not gone down that ally unless he had/has evidence which he does not have. All he has is his knowledge of the inner workings of the team. For all we know, the people he is accusing could be completely innocence of the charges Pep is throwing their way.
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Barcelona's Tito Vilanova 'surprised' by Pep Guardiola accusations

• Guardiola said club 'used Tito's illness to cause me damage'
• Current Barça coach contradicts friend's version of events

Barcelona's coach, Tito Vilanova, has hit back at comments by his predecessor Pep Guardiola who had said he was incensed at suggestions that he had not made the effort to see his former assistant when he was in New York for cancer treatment.

Guardiola had also accused the club's directors of not leaving him in peace after he left the club, saying: "I will never forget that they used Tito's illness to cause me damage, because it's a lie that I never saw him in New York."

However, Vilanova contradicted that version of events when he spoke at Barça's first pre-season press conference.

"People aren't interested in personal matters, but Pep got it wrong and I'm surprised by his comments," Vilanova told AS. "No one on the board used my illness to attack him. The club tried to help me as much as possible.

"He visited me once in New York when I'd just arrived, but during my recovery from the operation I was there for two months and I didn't see him. He's my friend and I needed him, but he wasn't there for me. I would have done things differently. I won't say anything else about this."

Asked if problems between them had arisen because Vilanova had been made coach, he said: "I talked to him and told him what I intended to do. It was him who encouraged me to become Barça coach. I've known him for 28 years. He's my friend. I've won titles with him and we had amazing times together."

The Barcelona defensive midfielder Sergio Busquets has renewed his contract with the club through 2018 with an option to extend for another year. The club say the Spain international's buyout clause is to remain at €150m (£130m).
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013 ... -guardiola
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

mblack wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
txj wrote:Pep Guardiola denied saying Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova would be unable to manage having Neymar and Lionel Messi on the same side, while also launching fierce criticism of club president Sandro Rosell.

Guardiola was appointed Barca coach in 2008 by then president Joan Laporta, who was succeeded by Rosell in 2010.

Two years later Guardiola quit the Catalan club to take a sabbatical in New York, before agreeing to take over as coach of Bayern in January this year.

Speaking at a press conference in Lake Garda, Italy, where Bayern are conducting their pre-season training, Guardiola was asked a question about a story that appeared in the Brazilian press earlier this week.

It claimed that Santos vice-president Odlio Rodrigues said Guardiola had encouraged Neymar to sign for Bayern instead of Barcelona, telling the player's father that Vilanova would be unable to manage having both the Brazilian and Lionel Messi in the same team.

Guardiola denied the story, saying: "I don't know the vice-president of Santos but probably his intermediaries have got this very wrong, because the information they have given him is false.

"I would never make any comments like those he said I made."

The 42-year-old claimed he had spoken to Neymar three years ago, at Rosell's request, to convince him to sign for Barcelona, and met him at the Ballon d'Or awards in January.

Guardiola also admitted speaking to the player's father in New York when he became the Bayern coach "to see what his situation was".

He said: "In that meeting and in the two conversations we had before that I must have told him 20 times how well he would do at Barcelona, and in none of those three meetings did the name Tito Vilanova come up.

"It's not necessary for me to say if he [Vilanova] is a capable coach or not, he was my assistant for five years and what he did last year speaks for itself, because he led the club to their greatest season in their history.

"What's more, the best players can always play together and those two [Neymar and Messi] are capable of playing together for many years."

Guardiola then moved on to Rosell, saying: "I told them [the president and his directors] I was going 6,000km away and asked them to leave me in peace, but they haven't kept their word.

"I did my time [at Barcelona] then decided to leave.

"I want them to get on with the job and I wish them all the success in the world, because their success will also be mine, I don't need to say what I feel for this club."

Guardiola's biggest bone of contention with the board was the suggestion that appeared in the press that he had not made enough effort to see Vilanova when he was diagnosed with cancer.

He said: "Too many things have happened that have crossed the line.

"I will never forget that they used Tito's illness to cause me damage, because it's a lie that I never saw him in New York.

"I saw him once, and the reason I didn't see him more often was because it wasn't possible, and that wasn't my fault.

"To say that I don't wish the best of someone who was my colleague for so many years is very bad taste, and I didn't expect that."

Barcelona will face Bayern on 24 July in a pre-season friendly at the Allianz Arena and Guardiola said he will be cordial when he sees Rosell again, but will not be able to forget what had happened.

"I did the best I could at Barcelona," he said.

"The staff and coaches have nothing to worry about. I left and have nothing to complain about, all I asked was to be left in peace. I went off to learn English and I ended up trying to learn German.

"That was all I focused on. I just ask the board to go their own way and leave me alone and stop using me and my friends to hurt me."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/88196 ... o-Vilanova
The war is not "looming," the war began a long time ago when Laporta was president and Rosell was vice president. The the two quarreled, and Rosell left the board. Since becoming president, Rosell has done everything to undermine everyone connected with Laporta - from Johan Cruyff to Guardiola (many believe this was the underlying factor behind Guardiola's departure from Barcelona.

Even that story of a few years ago that claimed that Barca was about to go bankrupt was put out by Rosell to tarnish the achievements of the Laporta presidency. He even went as far as re-auditing the books to show that Laporta mismanaged the club's finances. He took Laporta to court for allegedly mismanaging the club's finances.

Even the sale of Chygyrynsky after only one year at the club was a weapon in the war. Rosell is basically destroying everything that Laporta built just to spite him...
Where do the fans stand in all this? Seems Barca is being used to enhance personal agenda. It's interesting when one looks at the Barca slogan "more than a club".
I appreciate the insight
The fans are divided, but Guardiola is better liked like Rosell (for obvious reasons). I think most Barca fans will agree that Laporta did a better job than Rosell.

As for the "more than a club" slogan, it does not mean that they cannot fight among themselves like any other club. It simply refers to what Barcelona and Camp Nou represented to the Catalan people during their oppression by Spanish dictator Franco - a symbol of Catalan identity and nationalism (for example, it is said that the Camp Nou was the only place where they could freely speak their language after Franco banned it). A lot of people wrongly interpret the slogan to mean that Barcelona is claiming better than or superior to other clubs, but that is not what it means.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
mblack
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack »

Vincent. wrote:
mblack wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
txj wrote:Pep Guardiola denied saying Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova would be unable to manage having Neymar and Lionel Messi on the same side, while also launching fierce criticism of club president Sandro Rosell.

Guardiola was appointed Barca coach in 2008 by then president Joan Laporta, who was succeeded by Rosell in 2010.

Two years later Guardiola quit the Catalan club to take a sabbatical in New York, before agreeing to take over as coach of Bayern in January this year.

Speaking at a press conference in Lake Garda, Italy, where Bayern are conducting their pre-season training, Guardiola was asked a question about a story that appeared in the Brazilian press earlier this week.

It claimed that Santos vice-president Odlio Rodrigues said Guardiola had encouraged Neymar to sign for Bayern instead of Barcelona, telling the player's father that Vilanova would be unable to manage having both the Brazilian and Lionel Messi in the same team.

Guardiola denied the story, saying: "I don't know the vice-president of Santos but probably his intermediaries have got this very wrong, because the information they have given him is false.

"I would never make any comments like those he said I made."

The 42-year-old claimed he had spoken to Neymar three years ago, at Rosell's request, to convince him to sign for Barcelona, and met him at the Ballon d'Or awards in January.

Guardiola also admitted speaking to the player's father in New York when he became the Bayern coach "to see what his situation was".

He said: "In that meeting and in the two conversations we had before that I must have told him 20 times how well he would do at Barcelona, and in none of those three meetings did the name Tito Vilanova come up.

"It's not necessary for me to say if he [Vilanova] is a capable coach or not, he was my assistant for five years and what he did last year speaks for itself, because he led the club to their greatest season in their history.

"What's more, the best players can always play together and those two [Neymar and Messi] are capable of playing together for many years."

Guardiola then moved on to Rosell, saying: "I told them [the president and his directors] I was going 6,000km away and asked them to leave me in peace, but they haven't kept their word.

"I did my time [at Barcelona] then decided to leave.

"I want them to get on with the job and I wish them all the success in the world, because their success will also be mine, I don't need to say what I feel for this club."

Guardiola's biggest bone of contention with the board was the suggestion that appeared in the press that he had not made enough effort to see Vilanova when he was diagnosed with cancer.

He said: "Too many things have happened that have crossed the line.

"I will never forget that they used Tito's illness to cause me damage, because it's a lie that I never saw him in New York.

"I saw him once, and the reason I didn't see him more often was because it wasn't possible, and that wasn't my fault.

"To say that I don't wish the best of someone who was my colleague for so many years is very bad taste, and I didn't expect that."

Barcelona will face Bayern on 24 July in a pre-season friendly at the Allianz Arena and Guardiola said he will be cordial when he sees Rosell again, but will not be able to forget what had happened.

"I did the best I could at Barcelona," he said.

"The staff and coaches have nothing to worry about. I left and have nothing to complain about, all I asked was to be left in peace. I went off to learn English and I ended up trying to learn German.

"That was all I focused on. I just ask the board to go their own way and leave me alone and stop using me and my friends to hurt me."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/88196 ... o-Vilanova
The war is not "looming," the war began a long time ago when Laporta was president and Rosell was vice president. The the two quarreled, and Rosell left the board. Since becoming president, Rosell has done everything to undermine everyone connected with Laporta - from Johan Cruyff to Guardiola (many believe this was the underlying factor behind Guardiola's departure from Barcelona.

Even that story of a few years ago that claimed that Barca was about to go bankrupt was put out by Rosell to tarnish the achievements of the Laporta presidency. He even went as far as re-auditing the books to show that Laporta mismanaged the club's finances. He took Laporta to court for allegedly mismanaging the club's finances.

Even the sale of Chygyrynsky after only one year at the club was a weapon in the war. Rosell is basically destroying everything that Laporta built just to spite him...
Where do the fans stand in all this? Seems Barca is being used to enhance personal agenda. It's interesting when one looks at the Barca slogan "more than a club".
I appreciate the insight
The fans are divided, but Guardiola is better liked like Rosell (for obvious reasons). I think most Barca fans will agree that Laporta did a better job than Rosell.

As for the "more than a club" slogan, it does not mean that they cannot fight among themselves like any other club. It simply refers to what Barcelona and Camp Nou represented to the Catalan people during their oppression by Spanish dictator Franco - a symbol of Catalan identity and nationalism (for example, it is said that the Camp Nou was the only place where they could freely speak their language after Franco banned it). A lot of people wrongly interpret the slogan to mean that Barcelona is claiming better than or superior to other clubs, but that is not what it means.
Thx for the info. Good stuff
Bring your life style to me I'll make it better. Murder Was The Case. Snoop Dogg, DoggStyle Nov 23, 1993
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

After the record change of the Brazilian superstar Neymar to Paris Saint-Germain, Barça- President Josep Maria Bartomeu has aired his anger. "He wanted to leave, but the way he went could have been better," cited the sports newspaper AS as the 54-year-old on Monday. "This is not the case for any FC Barcelona player." It was the first time that Bartomeu had spoken about the 222 million euro transfer since last Thursday.

Prior to that, Neymar clearly left the club and his team colleagues behind him for weeks. It was only on Wednesday that the 25-year-old had finally informed his colleagues about Lionel Messi and national goalkeeper Marc-André ter Stegen about the imminent change.

With regard to the Qatar Investment Authority and the Qatubian sheikhs, who took over the majority in PSG in 2011, the Spaniard said: "We are a club with an 118-year history, based on players like Kubala, Maradona, Cruyff, Schuster and Ronaldinho and has 140,000 members. Barça belongs to us and the members, and no sheikh, multimillionaire or oligarchs. "

For the club "loyalty and loyalty" are very important - and superstar Leo Messi is "a good example".

http://sportbild.bild.de/fussball/inter ... sport.html
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

But it was more than that. During that time, Barca’s first team was mainly made up of homegrown talents from La Masia, while the club had no shirt sponsor, with charity Unicef given pride of place on the front of the famous blaugrana jersey. Whichever way you looked, it was an admirable philosophy. Més que un club.

However, things quickly changed when Laporta’s old foe Sandro Rosell won the elections in 2010. The two men were once friends and had worked together initially, but ultimately they would become rivals.

Laporta embraced Rosell after the latter swept to power in 2010, but there was no love lost between the two after that and the new president claimed his predecessor had left the club with huge debts, alleging financial mismanagement at the Catalan club.

“Their only interest was to discredit us,” Laporta said. “Because we left them the best Barca in history. Seven years have gone by and they have maintained a lie in order to discredit me and to do their thing with Qatar. They removed Unicef [from the shirt], put Qatar there, and they discredited me, saying that we had managed the club in an irresponsible way, and that allowed them to do their thing with Qatar.

“And now it’s coming out with all the FBI stuff… We have an ex-president who said that I mismanaged the club, who said so in order to discredit me and undertake activities with Qatar. Well, now he’s in prison for alleged involvement with an armed group, cashing illegal commissions and money laundering. We have had to suffer an unbearable, unfair situation, disproportionate because we left the best Barca in history and those rogues tried to discredit us in that way.

“Fortunately, the courts proved us right. Seven years later, we have been proved right definitively: we had managed the club in a responsible way and very well in the economic area as well.”

Rosell is now in prison, with Bartomeu in charge, and Laporta believes the two men are destroying the model that made Barca great during his mandate.

http://www.goal.com/story/barcelona-are ... index.html
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:But it was more than that. During that time, Barca’s first team was mainly made up of homegrown talents from La Masia, while the club had no shirt sponsor, with charity Unicef given pride of place on the front of the famous blaugrana jersey. Whichever way you looked, it was an admirable philosophy. Més que un club.

However, things quickly changed when Laporta’s old foe Sandro Rosell won the elections in 2010. The two men were once friends and had worked together initially, but ultimately they would become rivals.

Laporta embraced Rosell after the latter swept to power in 2010, but there was no love lost between the two after that and the new president claimed his predecessor had left the club with huge debts, alleging financial mismanagement at the Catalan club.

“Their only interest was to discredit us,” Laporta said. “Because we left them the best Barca in history. Seven years have gone by and they have maintained a lie in order to discredit me and to do their thing with Qatar. They removed Unicef [from the shirt], put Qatar there, and they discredited me, saying that we had managed the club in an irresponsible way, and that allowed them to do their thing with Qatar.

“And now it’s coming out with all the FBI stuff… We have an ex-president who said that I mismanaged the club, who said so in order to discredit me and undertake activities with Qatar. Well, now he’s in prison for alleged involvement with an armed group, cashing illegal commissions and money laundering. We have had to suffer an unbearable, unfair situation, disproportionate because we left the best Barca in history and those rogues tried to discredit us in that way.

“Fortunately, the courts proved us right. Seven years later, we have been proved right definitively: we had managed the club in a responsible way and very well in the economic area as well.”

Rosell is now in prison, with Bartomeu in charge, and Laporta believes the two men are destroying the model that made Barca great during his mandate.

But I could never understand why anyone doubted Laporta. When Rossell produced falsified and doctored accounts to discredit Laporta, I realised he was scum and a devil. But Rossell ran a campaign backed fully by the press and all those in position as they sought to be in with Barca. Laporta is no saint, I remember how he called meetings to mend the so call strained relationship with UEFA. Rossell was also key in this via his FIFA connection and links to the racist nasty regime in Brazil. Even when the vile, corrupt, racist regime of João Havelange and Ricardo Teixeira was exposed with Rossell playing a role in their dealings. The Catalans turned a blind eye.

I remember where Barca where when he took over from Eric Reyna who replaced the disgraced, Joan Gaspart who was forced to resigned after being humiliated by RM's Perez over the Ronaldo signing. Do not forget Barca were already in crisis over Figo. Laporta had a huge job, his first major coup was Ronaldinho. He also brought in Frank Rikaard. Then Cruyff was a major man for him behind the scenes. By the time he left he was a big success. But Rossell, was always a crook, even when he worked with Larpota, he was just a crooked man who tried to stab him at any given opportunity. Bartomeu defeated Laporta on the basis of Enrique's success of winning the treble at the last elections but I am now convinced he is now finished following this Neymar disgrace.

BTW! It is a myth that "Barca’s first team was mainly made up of homegrown talents from La Masia". We have analysed this here many times. This is not the case.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:But it was more than that. During that time, Barca’s first team was mainly made up of homegrown talents from La Masia, while the club had no shirt sponsor, with charity Unicef given pride of place on the front of the famous blaugrana jersey. Whichever way you looked, it was an admirable philosophy. Més que un club.

But I could never understand why anyone doubted Laporta. When Rossell produced falsified and doctored accounts to discredit Laporta, I realised he was scum and a devil. But Rossell ran a campaign backed fully by the press and all those in position as they sought to be in with Barca. Laporta is no saint, I remember how he called meetings to mend the so call strained relationship with UEFA. Rossell was also key in this via his FIFA connection and links to the racist nasty regime in Brazil. Even when the vile, corrupt, racist regime of João Havelange and Ricardo Teixeira was exposed with Rossell playing a role in their dealings. The Catalans turned a blind eye.

I remember where Barca where when he took over from Eric Reyna who replaced the disgraced, Joan Gaspart who was forced to resigned after being humiliated by RM's Perez over the Ronaldo signing. Do not forget Barca were already in crisis over Figo. Laporta had a huge job, his first major coup was Ronaldinho. He also brought in Frank Rikaard. Then Cruyff was a major man for him behind the scenes. By the time he left he was a big success. But Rossell, was always a crook, even when he worked with Larpota, he was just a crooked man who tried to stab him at any given opportunity. Bartomeu defeated Laporta on the basis of Enrique's success of winning the treble at the last elections but I am now convinced he is now finished following this Neymar disgrace.

BTW! It is a myth that "Barca’s first team was mainly made up of homegrown talents from La Masia". We have analysed this here many times. This is not the case.
Really? :roll:
So this wasn't you in February 2011?
Waffiman wrote:
kofi86 wrote:I was refering to Waffi's nonsene about Real Madrid not being profitable according to EBITDA and suffering from huge loss which is big fat lie.

I would be scepitcal about Barca's numbers, because Laporta and Rosell don't like each other, so it was clear that Rosell tries everything to discredit Laporta. Another factor is that he is the president to abolish the tradition of having no jersey sponsor, so must paint the numbers as bad as possible to have a good reason for abolishing it :!:
Let me clarify.

Barca from making a profit (which Laporta falsely claimed) were actually making a loss with huge debt. Please do not bring in Rossell and Larpota into this matter, it shows your ignorance even bringing up the matter about objective financial figures.

As for Real Madrid, the have huge debts and had an operating loss before player sales.

If you really want to learn about football finance, read this website. If you read it objectively, it will really improve your knowledge and maybe you will stop talking from the crack of your arse.

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=188776&hilit=bath&start=46
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

kofi86 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Really? :roll:
So this wasn't you in February 2011?
Waffiman wrote:
kofi86 wrote:I was refering to Waffi's nonsene about Real Madrid not being profitable according to EBITDA and suffering from huge loss which is big fat lie.

I would be scepitcal about Barca's numbers, because Laporta and Rosell don't like each other, so it was clear that Rosell tries everything to discredit Laporta. Another factor is that he is the president to abolish the tradition of having no jersey sponsor, so must paint the numbers as bad as possible to have a good reason for abolishing it :!:
Let me clarify.

Barca from making a profit (which Laporta falsely claimed) were actually making a loss with huge debt. Please do not bring in Rossell and Larpota into this matter, it shows your ignorance even bringing up the matter about objective financial figures.

As for Real Madrid, the have huge debts and had an operating loss before player sales.

If you really want to learn about football finance, read this website. If you read it objectively, it will really improve your knowledge and maybe you will stop talking from the crack of your arse.

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=188776&hilit=bath&start=46
Wawu a thread full of people talking about things they knew nothing about.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Looming Catalan Wars...

Post by anikulapo »

Cheiiiii CE, Always Remembers :taunt: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.