NIGERIAN-U-23: IS THE TEAM LIST OUT?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglet
Eaglet
NIGERIAN-U-23: IS THE TEAM LIST OUT?

Post by GUEST »

SOURCE:THISDAYSONLINE

NFA May Invite Emoefe, Emmanuel for Egypt

As Ogwuche, George arrive camp today

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are strong indications that the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) is making moves to invite three former U-23 players to beef up the team for their tie against Egypt billed for next month in Kano.

Sources close to the FA told THISDAYSports that a decision had not yet been taken yet as NFA is still focusing on the on going Nations Cup where the Super Eagles are campaigning.

According to the source, the NFA may be thinking in that direction, due to the team's recent poor performances. He disclosed that the players, whose suspension was lifted earlier than scheduled, was to assist the team in winning rest of their matches and qualify for the Olympics.

"NFA banned these players for a year but less than six months into the sentence the ban was lifted. We need the players to qualify for the Olympics. We have not done well so far in our matches. We drew with Tunisia at home and lost away and we have three matches to go and we need to win all of them to remain on top in our group," he added.

Meanwhile, NPA's central defender Andy Ogwuche, the club's highest goal scorer John George and midfielder John Owoeri are expected to arrive Kano today for further preparation towards the return leg match against Senegal.The players were picked based on their experience and good performance so far in their club.

Speaking on the latest development Alfred Emeofe Emuejeraye told kickoffnigeria "I am happy to get another opportunity to show the stuff I am made of and I hope the new coach will give me an opportunity to do so."

Emuejeraye, along with four others, Captain Adebowale Ogungbure, defender Ejike Emmanuel and forward Felix Ogbuke were suspended for one year by the NFA after leading a protest at the last All Africa Games in Abuja.

But NFA Secretary General, Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi at the National Stadium, Lagos, told reporters that the players suspension had been lifted, although he stated that their subsequent invitation to the Under-23 team would be at the discretion of coach Kadiri Ikhana.
Last edited by GUEST on Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

We need the best in camp.
who no know go know.