CAN'04: Random musings 2 days and counting....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
CAN'04: Random musings 2 days and counting....

Post by txj »

1. As promised Ratomir Dujkovic made the going hard for Tunisia, when they were not doing it on themselves, in a somewhat interesting tactical duel.
2. A tepid opening game IMO, whatever YUJAM's pan-africanism might lead him to think... Thank goodness I had Madrid to watch too!
3. The Rwandese would probably match up well in Nigeria, considering their 'long legs' :D
4. Tunisian coach Roger Lemerre switched from 3-5-2 to 4-4-2. I wonder if he took some lessons from CCC or stopped taking advice from Ayo :D :D
5. Explanation found for Romano Lua Lua's misses: saw a Kabila look alike in the crowd just behind the post :twisted:
6. The IL, looking assured and professional, save for the misses, and those jersies.....
7. Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria all start well. Is this the beginning of a N/African national team reniassance.....
8. Zimbabwe- whats with those ugly faces :evil: I thought there was only one in the country, Robert Mugabe.... :evil:
9. Nigeria- the winningnest team at ANC 2004, on the cybereagles forum....
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

bro, i'm not sure i'll be getting much sleep on monday night... jokes aside.
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CAN'04: Random musings 2 days and counting....

Post by Ziontrain »

txj wrote: 5. Explanation found for Romano Lua Lua's misses: saw a Kabila look alike in the crowd just behind the post :twisted:
Ya killin' me...
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I did not watch La Liga this weekend! The ANC was much more exciting.
2. A tepid opening game IMO, whatever YUJAM's pan-africanism might lead him to think... Thank goodness I had Madrid to watch too!
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Those were the faces of original man! 8)

For real tho, Zimbabwe had a few wonderful ballers. Their wide midfield players were excellent. Ndlovu gave the Egyptians some problems with his pace up front. The left sided guy put in some amazing crosses -- one which resulted in Ndlovu's diving header for Zimbabwe's goal.. Their goalie was outstanding too. He is easily the most acrobatic goalie on display in the tourney so far..
8. Zimbabwe- whats with those ugly faces I thought there was only one in the country, Robert Mugabe....
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

YUJAM

You missed some good things man!
There's only so much one can take of some of the crap that is sometimes African football... Thank goodness for Cameroon and Algeria. To see Egypt with so many good players huff and puff thru Zimbabwe... awful man.....

YUJAM wrote:I did not watch La Liga this weekend! The ANC was much more exciting.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Whatever happened to Mwaruwaru.....

YUJAM wrote:Those were the faces of original man! 8)

For real tho, Zimbabwe had a few wonderful ballers. Their wide midfield players were excellent. Ndlovu gave the Egyptians some problems with his pace up front. The left sided guy put in some amazing crosses -- one which resulted in Ndlovu's diving header for Zimbabwe's goal.. Their goalie was outstanding too. He is easily the most acrobatic goalie on display in the tourney so far..
8. Zimbabwe- whats with those ugly faces I thought there was only one in the country, Robert Mugabe....
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

He was injured. Zimbabwe was not all that bad though!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Yes, they were not bad....
They were simply made to look better than worse....

YUJAM wrote:He was injured. Zimbabwe was not all that bad though!