The Ghana Laughing Thread Has Been Frozen For Now

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet
The Ghana Laughing Thread Has Been Frozen For Now

Post by General Trousers »

I have decided to recreate and reinstate the OAU. This is not a laughing matter. There is a crisis in Africa. Something is happening. We have forgotten how to dance and furthermore we cannot even run.

There will be no laughing thread for the next few weeks ... we have to close ranks and overhaul things.

x
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Ghana Laughing Thread Has Been Frozen For Now

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Smiling thread nko? :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :) :) :) :)
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

General Trousers wrote:I have decided to recreate and reinstate the OAU. This is not a laughing matter. There is a crisis in Africa. Something is happening. We have forgotten how to dance and furthermore we cannot even run.

There will be no laughing thread for the next few weeks ... we have to close ranks and overhaul things.

x
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Finally. Good Move

These laughing threads and undermining our players ( not constructive criticisms) is part of the problems in Africa.

Why laugh at the challenges your brothers face ?

Too much sadness in & from our continent.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

No laughing thread.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

No laughing thread ... we are in a crisis. ECOMOG forces have been deployed.

x
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

I'd rather not laugh at any african country (I am not even of african descent but obviously have ties to Nigeria) I want all of us to do well. I use "us" here.
I was so rooting for Ghana today.
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

Nigeria played so badly that I was actually rooting for Ghana to win. Are the African teams in a crisis? Yes, without a doubt! Ivory Coast are the only team to win and in all fairness they were poor. Nigeria put out the worst performance out of all the African teams so far. Disgraceful.
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

It was anyway ridicilous to open a laughing thread about Ghana in a nigerian forum.
The Black Stars played with heart, commitment, hustle, tactical and technical ability while the Super Eagles played piss poor.
Unlike us Ghana represented Africa well, anybody who thinks a Ghana laughing thread is funny should be ashamed of himself.

I'm rooting for the Bredas in their next game vs. Germany - they are without a doubt Africa's best team and biggest hope whatever happens to them in their difficult group.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

General Trousers wrote:I have decided to recreate and reinstate the OAU. This is not a laughing matter. There is a crisis in Africa. Something is happening. We have forgotten how to dance and furthermore we cannot even run.

x

We saw Reuben Gabriel dancing on the side yesterday.

Ghana came out to play. Moves after moves. Waves of attack. If only Atsu and Asamoah (Not Gyan) came with better shooting boots. Their goal was so nicely done too.

Unfortunately their defense let Ghana down. The early goal did not help matters at all.

For the next games, select a different keeper and organize the defense better. Kevin Prince should start ahead of Jordan.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Ghana played great. They have everything to be proud of. They had the majority of possession, attacked intelligently, and were full of skill and ambition.

They simply lost in a battle between 2 warrior teams. Ghana had perhaps more critical lapses to help the US here. But in the end, the US simply had better finishing. It came down to execution in the final 1/3.

This was the kind of game where both sides can hold their heads high. Football won. I'll always applaud teams who give us that.

Existential crisis? Nah. I loved it. Just like I loved Costa Rica v Uruguay and Italy v England. Football like it should be played.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

goke313 wrote:There won't be no laughing once CAF world cup representation drop from 5 to 3

This simply is not going to happen.

If you haven't noticed, there's a revolt going on against Blatter. He's the linchpin behind nonsensical ideas like this. Hopefully UEFA defeats him, which actually would be in everybody's best interests here. Heck, FIFA now is ruining kits, as teams can't even wear their normal colors.

The question will be when Africa gets a 6th slot, which it deserves by sheer representation. Africa is not going to lose a slot.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
kalamashaka
Egg
Egg

Post by kalamashaka »

mate wrote:
goke313 wrote:There won't be no laughing once CAF world cup representation drop from 5 to 3

This simply is not going to happen.

If you haven't noticed, there's a revolt going on against Blatter. He's the linchpin behind nonsensical ideas like this. Hopefully UEFA defeats him, which actually would be in everybody's best interests here. Heck, FIFA now is ruining kits, as teams can't even wear their normal colors.

The question will be when Africa gets a 6th slot, which it deserves by sheer representation. Africa is not going to lose a slot.

Cheers, Mate
Sorry, how exactly is UEFA defeating Blatter in everyone's best interesting..if there's one thing that UEFA has shown itself to be over te years, it is that it's no friend of African football. You're making that arrogant assumption that (some) Europeans always do that thy know best and what they want is best for everyone.
"How many white men went in the party that destroyed Abame?"
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

I will rather be competitive and lose than show no heart or coordination and get a point :boo: .
Nigeria did the later, and there is nothing to laugh about in Ghana's loss.
If Ghana keeps their head, they can tie Germany and surely beat Portugal. On the other hand,
Naija might just surprise and qualify if they show some ball$ against the next two opponents.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

DAgrin wrote:It was anyway ridicilous to open a laughing thread about Ghana in a nigerian forum.
The Black Stars played with heart, commitment, hustle, tactical and technical ability while the Super Eagles played piss poor.
Unlike us Ghana represented Africa well, anybody who thinks a Ghana laughing thread is funny should be ashamed of himself.

I'm rooting for the Bredas in their next game vs. Germany - they are without a doubt Africa's best team and biggest hope whatever happens to them in their difficult group.
Though as we speak, Algeria is one-up against Belgium, second half. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Damunk wrote:
DAgrin wrote:It was anyway ridicilous to open a laughing thread about Ghana in a nigerian forum.

now Algeria is down... :(
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

joao wrote:I will rather be competitive and lose than show no heart or coordination and get a point :boo: .
If Ghana keeps their head, they can tie Germany and surely beat Portugal. On the other hand,
Naija might just surprise and qualify if they show some ball$ against the next two opponents.
I'd rather play like crap and get a result than play like world beaters and end up empty handed. Nigerua got a result. That I prefer. :thumb:
Coeur-d'Ivoire
Egg
Egg

Post by Coeur-d'Ivoire »

joao wrote:I will rather be competitive and lose than show no heart or coordination and get a point :boo: .

Oh please... we tried the beautiful stuff in 2006 remember? who was sexier than the Elephants during the german World Cup? What did it bring us?

A B S O L U T E L Y oh you know the rest...
FREE TFCO NOW !!!!! - CAMPAIGN FOR TFCO'S EMANCIPATION (CTE)
Mouvement International de la Defense des Gnomes et pour l'Emancipation de Tfco (M.I.D.G.E.T)

Have you visited The Village Hall this week?
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Me a go open laff thread when Keshi is finally sacked!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :sneaky:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Damunk wrote:

Seconded, and kpomed. :thumb:

I watched the Ghana game at a bar in Curitiba with soloweizer, brigadoon, analyzer and femibyte. We were surrounded by rabid US fans who stood up every few minutes and sang "Oh say can you see" and various other mad songs and chants that I do not recognize. I showed up at the bar after the US had scored, and sat quietly, subdued by the thought that the African team I had believed had the most promise was not doing well. But the super Black Star bredas were bustin' into the US box with passion, imagination and verve, and were only being let down by trademark poor African finishing. I fervently prayed for the gods to favour them, and when Andre Ayew did the business, I think they must have heard my shout of joy back in Toronto, and soloweizer bravely ran among the Americans to taunt them with mocking versions of their songs. (soloweizer, was that you, or another Naija bobo who looked like you?)

It may indeed turn out that by some strange twist of fate, Nigeria will qualify over the other countries that have by far played better--life is rich with ironies like this--but for now, FOR NOW, I prefer the fact that Ghana and Algeria have played like men, and if they are going to die, they will die fighting, like men.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Where is that juju man that chopped their dollars saying that Ronaldo will not play at the WC????