Watching Costa Rica I wonder again whats wrong with Africans

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Watching Costa Rica I wonder again whats wrong with Afri

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Watchoo think about Africa today, huh?

Wha choo looking at?!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

So bia as I asked already what about Europe. Bosnia is gone!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Guv007 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Guv007 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:I am laughing. Why not ask what is wrong with Spain, England, Portugal, Italy? Stop putting down a continent of people.
Keep laughing, 3 of those Countries have won the WC and one more than twice, they main also develop and have a better resemblance of a development programme and Leagues as well. We should be comparing ourselves with others but ask why is African football not developing as a whole.
So why did they mess up in 2014? Are they regressing especially the one that only won when it was hosted on their own land?

So why are we regressing since our last best WC outing in 1998?
Well son, 2 games played, 1 win, 1 draw. Are we still regressing?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd wrote:This same discussion was had after the dismal outing of 2010 and why am I not surprised we are having the same discussion again in 2014. The problem starts from what is evident on this board, there are no less than 20 topics a day on the EPL, La Liga or Serie A but one lonely thread on the Nigerian league which does not get updated for days sometimes weeks. Like Nanijoe rightly stated you reap what you sow, from Kenya to Nigeria from Uganda to Ghana the cities are crowded with viewing centers were Africans are glued to the European leagues and they know all Man U and Chelsea players by name but the local stadium is empty and nobody cares about all the Youth competitions that once produced the Stephen Keshi's and Nwankwo Kanu's.

It's back to basics folks, insist on making the local league work , revive the youth competitions and hold the FA accountable no more excuses. They don't earn much more in Costa Rica or Colombia than in many African countries but that have vibrant local leagues and functioning FA's. Why is a man like Issa Hayatou the life president of CAF? We can work to change this or continue to depend on a few big men in Chelsea and Man City and be disappointed every four years the choice is really ours.

Kpom. No more to add.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

When African player come home to play, they are doing the country a favor, some of the things I see these guys do in the national colours they rarely do when playing for their clubs.
I see array of talents, but the manner of mistakes on parade and the lapses on show is sad. People will say what about the European teams going home, well they made the same mistakes hence they are leaving early. 4 years down the road the same mistakes would be on parade while other teams would have addressed the issue.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

kamerun1 wrote:with no answers. This is a team that has no single player I repeat NOT ONE SINGLE PLAYER individually better than those of Nigeria, Cote D'Ivoire, Cameroon, Ghana and Algeria yet they are able to get out of a group comprising England, Italy and Uruguay. Could an African team do the same? Absolutely Not! Forget even about qualifying with 6 points, no African team out of the 5 Ive named would get 4 points in that same group. Again whats wrong with us I ask? Why are we so scared of others? Why do we have such a complex when you even call the names of average football nations like Colombia, Croatia, USA, Mexico etc... not to talk of the top ones. Do we need psychologists rather than coaches....I feel we do! The only time Cameroon reached the QF of a WC the coach was a completely unknown Russian dude who did nothing prior and never succeeded elsewhere after that. It was due in large part to the psych and spirit of the players. We vent everyday that our problem is the lack of good coaches. My brothers I dont think thats our main problem. Costa Rica doesnt have a Mourinho or Van Gal. What miracle has Capello performed with Russia? Football IMO is 75% in the head the other 25% is organization, coaching etc...

Don't judge every African team through Cameroon lens.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

You should be asking what is wrong with Europeans. They have heard wien in dis tournament, and it neva even start sef.

Wha choo looking at?!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

That's not true. They have several very good players
kamerun1 wrote:with no answers. This is a team that has no single player I repeat NOT ONE SINGLE PLAYER individually better than those of Nigeria, Cote D'Ivoire, Cameroon, Ghana and Algeria yet they are able to get out of a group comprising England, Italy and Uruguay. Could an African team do the same? Absolutely Not! Forget even about qualifying with 6 points, no African team out of the 5 Ive named would get 4 points in that same group. Again whats wrong with us I ask? Why are we so scared of others? Why do we have such a complex when you even call the names of average football nations like Colombia, Croatia, USA, Mexico etc... not to talk of the top ones. Do we need psychologists rather than coaches....I feel we do! The only time Cameroon reached the QF of a WC the coach was a completely unknown Russian dude who did nothing prior and never succeeded elsewhere after that. It was due in large part to the psych and spirit of the players. We vent everyday that our problem is the lack of good coaches. My brothers I dont think thats our main problem. Costa Rica doesnt have a Mourinho or Van Gal. What miracle has Capello performed with Russia? Football IMO is 75% in the head the other 25% is organization, coaching etc...
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Scipio Africanus wrote:You should be asking what is wrong with Europeans. They have heard wien in dis tournament, and it neva even start sef.

Well, I can tell you that I've been asking that question a lot. About Croatians. What's wrong with us?

I have no answer.

So I just get some cold ones, continue watching, and enjoy good football!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

YUJAM wrote:That's not true. They have several very good players
...they may lack talents but have abundant psychological belief.
Some teams/players will shudder at bare mention of a country or certain player.
Same thing for the USA and Mexico teams.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Cristao II wrote:Africa's problem is simple. The pool of good players at senior level. We need to have good economies and good strong leagues back home then we can do better at senior level.
...kpom! and have them play weekly together or against each other, instead of arrive a week to tournament from all corners of the globe.
I know people will say how about England and Spain with all their players together in one league. Well, for England they have foreign psycho problem, for Spain they simply met their Waterloo :woot: