USA (1) v Belgium (2)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: USA (1) v Belgium (2)

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The usa was the worst team in the round of 16.. omce again , who makes a goalie make 16 saves.. smh van nestroy just said it.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: USA (2) v Belgium (0)

Post by kolinzo »

platinum wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
platinum wrote:
kolinzo wrote:And the score is not 2-0. It's 2-1!!
No vex, i don change am :laugh:

What did the usa do wrong today?
Many things they did wrong today. Both Belgium goals came from player trying to get cute at the final third and Belgium took the ball and punish the USA. They were caught out of positions. And when the USA went forward they got too eager to score. If USA player was the one who had DeBryune's chance he would shot it the first time, but DeBryune was calmed and the USA defender were scrambling all over the place. It's like "omg...omg...i have to put in this tackle.." Or "OMG...OMG...can I score this?" They were not calm at all. The confidence wasn't there.

Many times the defenders only needed to just stay on their feet and they just couldn't. Michael Bradley, aka box2box X box, got back on his feet today. He was massive and very impressive today. Zusi didn't really have any impact at all. Zusi was just short one.

Overall, the USA couldn't possess the ball for a longer period of time
On the basis of this, how do you say they should be in the 1/4 though?

Belgium's finishing was poor today and of course Timmy was in imperious form but really it was possibly the worst usa showing of the cup.
Well, because they should have defeated Portugal. That right there could have paired them with Algeria (a team I highly rated). The Portugal match threw a curve ball into the whole thing as USA had to be extremely careful against Germany. If USA had qualified before beating Germany I don't have any doubt in my mind we would have witnessed a USA team that would play to its potential.

Nevertheless, this game against Belgium was just not their game. It was a tactical battle but Belgium had the advantage of one substitution once Johnson was injured in the first. That was really the difference today. The advantage in the amount of subs.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

King Futcha wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Looking forward to another fluke team sent home from concacrap
should you be somewhere boycotting training and fighting over bonuses
Much better than making a goalie get exposed all day long. No build up play, lack players who can move the ball .zero ..dude this ain't field hockey
SuperEagles

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kolinzo wrote:
platinum wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
platinum wrote:

Many things they did wrong today. Both Belgium goals came from player trying to get cute at the final third and Belgium took the ball and punish the USA. They were caught out of positions. And when the USA went forward they got too eager to score. If USA player was the one who had DeBryune's chance he would shot it the first time, but DeBryune was calmed and the USA defender were scrambling all over the place. It's like "omg...omg...i have to put in this tackle.." Or "OMG...OMG...can I score this?" They were not calm at all. The confidence wasn't there.

Many times the defenders only needed to just stay on their feet and they just couldn't. Michael Bradley, aka box2box X box, got back on his feet today. He was massive and very impressive today. Zusi didn't really have any impact at all. Zusi was just short one.

Belgium's finishing was poor today and of course Timmy was in imperious form but really it was possibly the worst usa showing of the cup.
Well, because they should have defeated Portugal. That right there could have paired them with Algeria (a team I highly rated). The Portugal match threw a curve ball into the whole thing as USA had to be extremely careful against Germany. If USA had qualified before beating Germany I don't have any doubt in my mind we would have witnessed a USA team that would play to its potential.

Nevertheless, this game against Belgium was just not their game. It was a tactical battle but Belgium had the advantage of one substitution once Johnson was injured in the first. That was really the difference today. The advantage in the amount of subs.
kolinzo,

Germany was classes above the usmnt, even donovan said it. Not sure what more potential you mean.

Belgium owned the game start to finish, even with johnson in it. As early as the 3rd minute, timmy was already making saves.

The team is a work in progress but no quarterfinal material.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

kolinzo wrote:
platinum wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
platinum wrote:

went from we... to they, USA, and their, smh
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Sunset wrote:USA Starting XI

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
...everybody watching football you were busy doing fotoshop..shockin' :( :shock:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Went from we to they :rotf:
SuperEagles

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

platinum wrote:
mate wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
mate wrote:I...am....WOUNNNNNDED!!!

WOUNDED!!!

:veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

:sad: :sad: :sad:

All my teams are out: USA, Croatia, and Nigeria.

I don't know what to do with myself the rest of the WC. Everything is silent. My wife and kids and colleagues make sounds. But I hear nothing. A lot is going on around me. But I see nothing.

It's all a silent blur now. I look at joyous German, Argentine, German, and Belgian fans. Worst of all, I have to endure the odd Frenchman.

I am lost my brothers.

Truly I am wounded.

Cheers, Mate
Yeah. Now Americans would probably stop watching the rest of the WC unless Argentina gets to the finals.

You know, there is a reason why teams fight to get first place in group stage. USA lost that on that last second booboo against Portugal. It is as clear as daylight now that USA must stop coaching skills out of the youngsters. Too many interference from the local coaches at k-12 level. This must be corrected. Kids at K-12 level should be allowed to express themselves.

Anyway, it was not really a good tournament for USMNT. There is no reason why this team should not be playing the quarter finals. It was a disappointment.

I think Klinsmann actually said it best. We need a final missing cultural change: namely, that kids play football to become pros, as opposed to getting division I scholarships.

We have everything else: rising leagues, money, academies, fan support, large and diverse population pool, committed FA, and state of the art sports science.

The genie is out of the bottle. Americans of all stripes have gotten the football bug. The US WC games have crushed the NBA and MLB. Our best athletes in our main sports have been seduced...witnessing real glory, the glory of global football...as opposed to the parochial glory that they thought was the real thing.

Americans are coming on. Legions of US kids are playing football. Many more will do it to become pros. No college, but into the academies and then to the pros...into the best leagues in the world...La Liga, the EPL, the MFL, and MLS!!!

8-) 8-) 8-)

I'm not joking about the last 2. People will see what happens once a greater North American CL really starts to take shape...with the best players from the Americas coming...and, I guarantee you, a number of Croatians. I bet you a few Africans also will pick this over Europe.

8-) 8-) 8-)

Cheers, Mate
mate,

Remember what I said about heart? If Croatia had half the heart of this usa team, you'd be in the semis for sure. (also a better coach than Kovac).

With that said, we'll just have to wait and see, the same's been promised before. The mls is actually doing a better job in terms of academies and attracting stars who're not totally washed up (villa and kaka are good start). The spirit is there, a lil injection of quality will go a long way.

Another thing the usmnt must do is find a way to reach the hearts of guys like ibisevic and rossi and many (overstatement) others and 'turn' them, hard task but when you lose that kind of quality, it shows.

I think the tide is turning on losing some of the Americans you mentioned. For some time, sure, the glamor and draw of Europe played a factor. But if the MLS does things correctly, the money alone will be too compelling.

Also, as Rossi can attest, it's easy to lose your spot with Italy and be discarded for good. The US would have been the much better choice in the long run for him. Australia similarly did that with Croatian-Australians, managing to keep Mark Viduka from jumping ship.

BTW: I give the Aussies credit as well. Given some time, they too will start to be formidable, as they're taking up football, investing, and get to qualify from Asia. They too have the sports science, culture, diversity, and big bodies to become a force.

Australia, the US, Brazil, and Argentina can become consistent challengers to the tier 1 Europeans...perhaps joined by an emergent African contingent...but that's another discussion.

:wink:

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

mate wrote:I...am....WOUNNNNNDED!!!

WOUNDED!!!

:veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

:sad: :sad: :sad:

All my teams are out: USA, Croatia, and Nigeria.

I don't know what to do with myself the rest of the WC. Everything is silent. My wife and kids and colleagues make sounds. But I hear nothing. A lot is going on around me. But I see nothing.

It's all a silent blur now. I look at joyous German, Argentine, German, and Belgian fans. Worst of all, I have to endure the odd Frenchman.

I am lost my brothers.

Truly I am wounded.

Cheers, Mate
Chief, take it easy. It is only a game. :rotf:
Another competition will begin soon
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Finally espn making sense. 16 saves ..so should we make 16 attempts against the opposition as well :rotf:
SuperEagles

GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

kneedeep,

I believe there was a deliberate attempt to turn soccer into the next La Crosse in the early days, but over the last ten years things are changing and more minority and immigrant kids are coming through. The Federation will learn from countries in this WC such as France, Belgium, England and the Dutch.
-Simpli fy -
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Klinsman did the best he could with the talent he has. Tactically they were good. They were fit and broke on quick counters. They simply just lack talent. You can't play bunker style defense forever. You can't win championships playing bunker style defense except for Greece. I wouldn't mind Klinsman coaching Nigeria if he is sacked by the US. The Julian Green move and the dropping of Landon Donovan was brilliant. Other moves like converting Beasley to left back were also brilliant.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

mmeny wrote:I am just wondering if Nigeria got dominated like this with Belgian turning Enyeama into a target practice, if we will be here applauding and commending the team for the fighting spirit.... I somehow doubt that...

Tim Howard was immense though but with better finishing this game would have been over a long time ago..
USA is not a soccer playing nation unlike naija the Brazil of African :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Hot dog football only works in kansas
SuperEagles

GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

To all my CE US bro's, Happy 4th of July in advance. Make una no chop too much o.
Good day and goodnight!!
-Simpli fy -
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:If any CAF teams allows the keeper to chop serious exposure, none of una go dey here dey say usa good etc.. usa were piss poor in this tournament. Had a lucky win against ghana. And couldn't win a single game simce last month. Dem dey wi friendly think say nah ball. Glad they are out
Finished ahead of star studded Ghana and Portugal, Honestly u need to get a life.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:The usa was the worst team in the round of 16.. omce again , who makes a goalie make 16 saves.. smh van nestroy just said it.
2-1 vs 2-0....................U can't be this slow :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Abi your medication don expire :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wale1974 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:If any CAF teams allows the keeper to chop serious exposure, none of una go dey here dey say usa good etc.. usa were piss poor in this tournament. Had a lucky win against ghana. And couldn't win a single game simce last month. Dem dey wi friendly think say nah ball. Glad they are out
Finished ahead of star studded Ghana and Portugal, Honestly u need to get a life.
Stop being emotional and reason. No CAF team will accept their goalie to chop 16 saves, I mean of what use was jones and Bradley plus cameron, e5c
SuperEagles

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

mcal wrote:
Sunset wrote:USA Starting XI

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
...everybody watching football you were busy doing fotoshop..shockin' :( :shock:
Bad belle nah serious matter o :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
Stop being emotional and reason. No CAF team will accept their goalie to chop 16 saves, I mean of what use was jones and Bradley plus cameron, e5c
I'm not getting emotional man, u just make me sick with all your opaks and trolling.
Seriously respect other members on here.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wale1974 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
I'm not getting emotional man, u just make me sick with all your opaks and trolling.
You aren't making sense. How many saves did howard make? Even zaire no expose them keeper like usa did today
SuperEagles

kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

wale1974 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
You get time for your hand responding to a moron like him. You should start ignoring him or he will bring your intelligence down. #fact!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

The difference between fortune and bust is made in moments like Wondolowski missing that sitter. Imagine he actually scored that gift from the football gods? That lack of class is what cost us in the end. Nobody could adequately replace Altidore.

Or could they? I like to now imagine how Julian Green may have done in place of Wondolowski? In his little time on the pitch, Julian looked so much more composed and talented.

Like I said, the US keeps coming on. We have a lot more players in the pipeline.

By the way, my family and I are going to make MLS attendance a regular thing. San Jose Earthquakes baby! We're supporting our US NT team!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?