USA is proud today……

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
USA is proud today……

Post by Enugu II »

Make no mistake about it, the USA will return home with heads held high in pride after a remarkable World Cup where they not only did well but moved the needle at home in terms of fan love for soccer! Bet on it.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Godfather
Egg
Egg
Re: USA is proud today……

Post by Godfather »

Kpom :thumb:
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
femibyte
Egg
Egg

Post by femibyte »

They also played and never gave up till the final whistle. African teams could learn from that. It ain't over till the fat lady sings.
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

femibyte wrote:They also played and never gave up till the final whistle. African teams could learn from that. It ain't over till the fat lady sings.
:roll:

which African teams gave up? Was it not Algeria who scored with (almost) the last kick of their match?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

tfco wrote:
femibyte wrote:They also played and never gave up till the final whistle. African teams could learn from that. It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

which African teams gave up? Was it not Algeria who scored with (almost) the last kick of their match?
why bother?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

tfco wrote:

Shush! :woot: This is Femibyte, the most intelligent African that ever lived, trying to impart his superior wisdom, gained from years of living among the superior westerners, to the rest of us primitive and unrefined savages.

Wha choo looking at?!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

we made it to the round of 16 and lost 2-1 in extra-time just like last time, what exactly is there to be proud about? :)
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

King, we made it out of a true group of death this time. We barely lost to a very good Belgium team. Last WC we got England, Algeria, and Slovenia. Frankly, all those teams were weak, even England. We were out powered by Ghana in the next round.

This time nobody out powered us. We played much better tactically and, which isn't always the case, psychologically. We're very aware of our talent deficiencies, especially in possession football. There is a plan to fix this.

By the way, I'll say it again after watching the game on hi definition last night: Belgium is really good. To take them to OT speaks a lot for the US. But make no mistake about it, Belgium has a complete team, one capable of challenging for this WC.

Belgium is the epitome of modern football professionalism and a strong football culture. They ran every step of the way with a strong running US team. They were physically and psychologically strong. Lots of individual talent. They showed German patience, French flair, and Dutch possession. They were extremely patient and never wavered. I dare say that they're about as fine a European squad as one can be.

Messi has an interesting challenge ahead. It's the ultimate team vs a decent team with a great individual. Argentina is surely better than the US. But Belgium too seems to get better with each game. Going to be a classic South America vs Europe game.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:

why bother?

Nigeria gave up. I've never seen a Nigeria side do that before but once France scored, we visibly gave up.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kalamashaka
Egg
Egg

Post by kalamashaka »

tfco wrote:

More to the point, which African team allowed their opponent to have 38 shots on goal in a single match? To put this in perspective, Nigeria allowed opponents 35 shots on goal in the four matches they played in the tournament (yes, this includes France and Argentina). How this match is being spun as a triumph for the US is mind boggling (see @mate above..)
"How many white men went in the party that destroyed Abame?"
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

platinum wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:

why bother?

Nigeria gave up. I've never seen a Nigeria side do that before but once France scored, we visibly gave up.
I didn't even know you are capable of telling the truth! :taunt:

Mentalloy on the other hand, will see the truth and calls it something else! The guy no dey shame! :lol:
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Enugu II wrote:Make no mistake about it, the USA will return home with heads held high in pride after a remarkable World Cup where they not only did well but moved the needle at home in terms of fan love for soccer! Bet on it.
Anyway, there hasn't been a time the United States leaving the WC with their heads down. Even when the USA got thrashed they still held their heads high because they know they have giving it their all even when their all was not good enough. It is un-American to hold your head down. So yes, I bet on it that they will hold their heads high. But make no mistake about it, Klinsman go hia wein in a few weeks. The pressure to take the United States to another level has just begun. Klisman has no place to hide now. He will have to take this team to quarter finals next WC, and winning all the Gold Cups before then, with style or bust! His job has just began.

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

***Breda = Br****
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

tfco wrote:

The guy is worse than Stephen from Django unchained. Overratted team did no better than Algeria and Nigeria that he bashes here. mchewwww
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

tfco wrote:

Dude, did Ghana not give up against USA? I know I should not be supporting Ghana against USA but Ghana gave up once they equalized. Naija also gave up against France. CIV gave up against Greece!! And yes Algeria was the only AFrican team to take it to the last whistle!! yarns!!

***Breda = Br****
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kolinzo wrote:
platinum wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:

why bother?

I didn't even know you are capable of telling the truth! :taunt:

Mentalloy on the other hand, will see the truth and calls it something else! The guy no dey shame! :lol:
Not all of us are like you :taunt: Still claiming that the USA is a team that should be in the quarters
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

platinum wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:

why bother?

Bros.. when did Nigeria become all of Africa? You are smarter than this..
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

tfco wrote:

The greedy idiots that were fighting for cash instead of training
Oya back to the matter
open and close
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

metalalloy wrote:
platinum wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:

why bother?

Bros.. when did Nigeria become all of Africa? You are smarter than this..

I guess you could read it that way. The way me I look am be say the bobo generalize, he was wrong of course because I think Nigeria was the only African team that showed that particular bad behavior. Even Cameroon in all their incompetence kept punching.

My own be say Nigeria gave up and that ting go vex me until the next major tournament. :(
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

tfco wrote:

Compared to how Switzerland conceded a goal in the 118th minute against Argentina and seemed to receive a shot in the arm, even hitting the bar, we became grounded and utterly lack lustre after conceding to France in the 79th minute...obviously we didn't fight till the end.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote:Make no mistake about it, the USA will return home with heads held high in pride after a remarkable World Cup where they not only did well but moved the needle at home in terms of fan love for soccer! Bet on it.
An Economists heaven.

Now, I am waiting for the CPAs to tell us the ROI... :D :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
femibyte
Egg
Egg

Post by femibyte »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
tfco wrote:

Shush! :woot: This is Femibyte, the most intelligent African that ever lived, trying to impart his superior wisdom, gained from years of living among the superior westerners, to the rest of us primitive and unrefined savages.
All of them except Algeria gave up...
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

kolinzo wrote:
tfco wrote:

Dude, did Ghana not give up against USA? I know I should not be supporting Ghana against USA but Ghana gave up once they equalized. Naija also gave up against France. CIV gave up against Greece!! And yes Algeria was the only AFrican team to take it to the last whistle!! yarns!!
nonsense.

what do you call GIVING UP?

Ghana conceded after equalizing, how tf is that giving up?
CIV did not 'give up', they conceded a cheap PK in the dying seconds

Basically if one team scores in the dying seconds against the other, the team that conceded has given up...wow :roll:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf: