ARGENTINA 1(Higuain) VS BELGIUM 0 FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ARGENTINA 1(Higuain) VS BELGIUM 0 FT

Post by spastic »

Ekorian wrote:Nertherlands after taking care of Costa Rica will defeat The Argies!
they will no make it past Costa Rica
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
tfco wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Lukaku, should have started
kpom

origi was bad.

really bad.
He is young... it happens with young players.

That is why some coaches blood them in slowly... i.e., not starting them back to back games and not letting the good pub get to their head to early.

Make no mistake about it... Bobo is really good...

My personal biases aside, he's a very good player.

After 5mins of the game, Argentina never allowed them a foothold in the game and forced them to depend on crosses into the box...

Superior quality told
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

SylverEagles wrote:This must be the best I've seen Argentina play defensivesly. Romero was practically on holiday! It that just the introduction of Dimechelis and Biglia? Surely no coincidence!

Very impressive defensive performance! :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the injury to Kun which allowed him bring on Lavezzi

I think he's found his tournament team...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

spastic wrote:
Ekorian wrote:Nertherlands after taking care of Costa Rica will defeat The Argies!
Costa Rica will be massacred today. Nothing less than three goal margins of victory from the Orange
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
tfco wrote:
kpom

origi was bad.

really bad.

That is why some coaches blood them in slowly... i.e., not starting them back to back games and not letting the good pub get to their head too early.

After 5mins of the game, Argentina never allowed them a foothold in the game and forced them to depend on crosses into the box...

Superior quality told
It reminds me of playing a game where you heartrate never quite settles... and it takes you time to get into the game. By the time the Belgians settled, they were already disjointed and their key players were never able to get hold of the game...

Not a fan of Argentina but I loved them in this game... They found a way to shore up their defense...

Like you said, the loss of Aguero allowed them for more balance and to be more industrious with the approach... i.e., more team oriented.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Tx, the display was certainly regimental, but far from devastating. The overall display was poor, they had a knockdown in the early exchanges and opted to hold and lock arms till the twelfth's bell. Nothing about this display suggests the formidable, Belgium were diabolical, Wilmots caught in more minds than a cross dressing Norman Bates. One is all but certain he had no idea what Fellani's role was, not least today, but throughout the tournament. Belgium were absolutely astrategic, the nes plus ultra of ansolute nothingness. Pathetic.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Gonzalo Higuain FW, Napoli

24 goals and 11 assists in 2014 season

Just saying...

Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

On the bright side, Argentina defended well today. I'm pleased with the defensive performance.

On the negative side, the team remains crap and its unlikely we'll improve this tournament. Not enough quality and over-reliance of Messi. Palacio, Lavezzi and Higuain offer nothing. Despite his goal, Higuain was sloppy and his work rate was poor. There was a moment around the 65th minute where Higuain was casually strolling up the pitch and just watched as Lavezzi cut in from the left trying to make something happen. Higuain is one of several -1s on this team.

Di Maria's loss was huge and I think we could've scored 1-2 more had he remained present. Hopefully he is fit for Wednesday.

This is the worst Argentina WC team since 1982 yet we're in the semis after 5 consecutive mediocre performances. I suspect Holland will thrash us in the semis like they should. The main reason Argentina has made it this far is due to lack of competition.

I'm happy with the win but realistically speaking, our WC run ends on Wednesday.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:@Tx, the display was certainly regimental, but far from devastating. The overall display was poor, they had a knockdown in the early exchanges and opted to hold and lock arms till the twelfth's bell. Nothing about this display suggests the formidable, Belgium were diabolical, Wilmots caught in more minds than a cross dressing Norman Bates. One is all but certain he had no idea what Fellani's role was, not least today, but throughout the tournament. Belgium were absolutely astrategic, the nes plus ultra of ansolute nothingness. Pathetic.

You are right it wasn't devastating. I have never been a fan of European reductionist approach...

But from a tactical standpoint, it was a superb FUNCTIONAL performance

They took from Belgium what was their forte

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Ronaldo scored a couple hundred for Real this season and could only impact vs Bukbak kolom All Stars. Higuain may well have run the line, but did no more than should be expected of a supposedly top drawer player, up top for a World Cup favourite. Ordinary 10 yard pass to Messi, put more weight on the ball than he has on his waistline.
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

spastic wrote:
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

txj wrote:Gonzalo Higuain FW, Napoli

24 goals and 11 assists in 2014 season

Just saying...
1 goal in 4 2014 WC matches.

Just saying...

Sh*t work rate, too slow, does not make his team mates better, out of gas by the 60th minute.

Just saying...

P.S. His goal today was his first for Argentina in the last 11 months
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ARGENTINA 1(Higuain) VS BELGIUM 0

Post by wale1974 »

Cellular wrote:Wow...

Belgium fought...

This is what we were asking from Naija against France...

Play until the final whistle...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Maradona
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Maradona »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
tfco wrote:
kpom

origi was bad.

really bad.

That is why some coaches blood them in slowly... i.e., not starting them back to back games and not letting the good pub get to their head too early.

Superior quality told
It reminds me of playing a game where you heartrate never quite settles... and it takes you time to get into the game. By the time the Belgians settled, they were already disjointed and their key players were never able to get hold of the game...

Not a fan of Argentina but I loved them in this game... They found a way to shore up their defense...

Like you said, the loss of Aguero allowed them for more balance and to be more industrious with the approach... i.e., more team oriented.
:D :D :D :D :D
The danger in hunting down evil, is that you gradually become that which you seek to destroy..

"While this Czech man is impressive, d#$% Cheney, Don Rumsfeld and the rest of the US Republican establishment have been living without a heart for a far longer time." - Scipio Africanus' reaction to news that a Czech man had undergone a surgical procedure that enabled him to live for 6 months without a heart.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Heliopolis wrote:On the bright side, Argentina defended well today. I'm pleased with the defensive performance.

On the negative side, the team remains crap and its unlikely we'll improve this tournament. Not enough quality and over-reliance of Messi. Palacio, Lavezzi and Higuain offer nothing. Despite his goal, Higuain was sloppy and his work rate was poor. There was a moment around the 65th minute where Higuain was casually strolling up the pitch and just watched as Lavezzi cut in from the left trying to make something happen. Higuain is one of several -1s on this team.

Di Maria's loss was huge and I think we could've scored 1-2 more had he remained present. Hopefully he is fit for Wednesday.

This is the worst Argentina WC team since 1982 yet we're in the semis after 5 consecutive mediocre performances. I suspect Holland will thrash us in the semis like they should. The main reason Argentina has made it this far is due to lack of competition.

I'm happy with the win but realistically speaking, our WC run ends on Wednesday.
Ah, the old reverse jinx thing!

:wink:

No way man! Argentina is now the favorite. They have to be able to bear this crown. Messi had better be fit to be a King.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

txj wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:This must be the best I've seen Argentina play defensivesly. Romero was practically on holiday! It that just the introduction of Dimechelis and Biglia? Surely no coincidence!

Very impressive defensive performance! :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the injury to Kun which allowed him bring on Lavezzi

I think he's found his tournament team...

Now? 2 games to the end of the tournament? And no complaints from you? No be you wey dey accuse of Keshi searching for an "AM" before and continuing into games at the wc? :D
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I was rooting for Belgium but it must be said that the Argentina performance was masterful

Their pressure up top neutralized Belgium's ability to play through their midfield
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

I hope someone beats this Argentine team. I don't want them winning this thing. Anyone will do. please
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

I read Di Maria is out of the tournament with a groin/thigh tear :curse: :curse: :curse:

He has been the only player other than Messi able to create chances from nothing. Looks like Messi really is gonna have to do it all :roll:
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

Heliopolis wrote:I read Di Maria is out of the tournament with a groin/thigh tear :curse: :curse: :curse:

He has been the only player other than Messi able to create chances from nothing. Looks like Messi really is gonna have to do it all :roll:
what of Aguero? Is he out for the rest of the tournament too?
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

On the contrary, the loss of Aguero was not a rate limiting step, a twist of fate that would prove serendipitous, Aguero was never the problem. The lack of balance is one of many charges vs Sabella, he has been a bungling fool, fortuitously, without once commandeering an endearing display. For those banding out the much clichéd "Tourament Team", an over reliance on Messi and pathetic return from a centre forward, one goal in four or so games, is in no way a feather for the cap. Sabella has been one of the competition's worst.
Last edited by Coach on Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

FRANK WHITE wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:I read Di Maria is out of the tournament with a groin/thigh tear :curse: :curse: :curse:

what of Aguero? Is he out for the rest of the tournament too?
I read Aguero is recovering well and was on the bench (and available) yesterday. My guess is he'll be ready vs Holland but I am not sure if he'll start.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Sad to see a player injured but other teams have also suffered the loss of important/vital players in this WC so it actually makes things fairer. I'm happy Holland won so they give Argentina a stiff test. I don't care who wins this WC as long as no one gets an easy ride all the way to the final.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes