2014 WORLD CUP FINAL: GERMANY VS ARGENTINA 1-0 (FT) Gotze

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
2014 WORLD CUP FINAL: GERMANY VS ARGENTINA 1-0 (FT) Gotze

Post by anikulapo »

I can't wait for this one .... I wonder if it will be a German coronation :ohmy:
Last edited by anikulapo on Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2014 WORLD CUP FINAL: GERMANY VS ARGENTINA

Post by mate »

I have it at 50:50. But I bet Argentina. Why?

This game reminds me more of 1990 than 1986. Except 2 intangibles: South American WC & the possibility of Argentina winning in Brazil and bragging forever. And Messi is comparable to Maradona.

Germany is the better team. But Argentina is a lot better than some people think. Especially defensively. I can see Argentina dragging this out. They'll get a goal against the run of play or take it to penalties.

Germany is going to have its work cut out for them. If they score 1st, then I think they'll win comfortably. But Argentina has to know that they cannot allow this.

Can't wait!

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Coverage onABC starts in 45
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

mate wrote:I have it at 50:50. But I bet Argentina. Why?

This game reminds me more of 1990 than 1986. Except 2 intangibles: South American WC & the possibility of Argentina winning in Brazil and bragging forever. And Messi is comparable to Maradona.

Germany is the better team. But Argentina is a lot better than some people think. Especially defensively. I can see Argentina dragging this out. They'll get a goal against the run of play or take it to penalties.

Germany is going to have its work cut out for them. If they score 1st, then I think they'll win comfortably. But Argentina has to know that they cannot allow this.

Can't wait!

Cheers, Mate
Aren't you tired of being wrong in this World Cup? :lol:
You might be right but this cup is heading back to Europe IMHO...
Last edited by Ekorian on Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I'm hanging out with some ex-pro's.. who are giving some incredible insight sha ... can't wait for this game to start
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

anikulapo wrote:I'm hanging out with some ex-pro's.. who are giving some incredible insight sha ... can't wait for this game to start
No one asked you and nobody cares :roll:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Ekorian wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I'm hanging out with some ex-pro's.. who are giving some incredible insight sha ... can't wait for this game to start
Are you a homo? Why are you so concerned and catching feelings :shock:

MLK.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

anikulapo wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
I'm an homo sapien. Are you a cross-dressing attention whore?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Ekorian wrote:
mate wrote:I have it at 50:50. But I bet Argentina. Why?

Can't wait!

Cheers, Mate
Aren't you tired of being wrong in this World Cup? :lol:
You might be right but this cup is heading back to Europe IMHO...

I got 3 of 4 semifinalists correct with my pre-WC predictions. I got all 4 correct when we adjusted after the 1st round.

So my adjustments continue, as my predictions fail.

:wink:

Tired of it? Nah. It's all good fun. This is football!

:)

Cheers, Mate
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Ekorian wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Attention seeking? Okay you have been noticed go away now

MLK.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I'll be at a WC party and won't be posting during the match. But I want to say it's been fun this past month sharing the WC with you all. I've taken time from work and family to indulge myself here.

It's been a blast fellas. Let's hope for a fun, clean, and memorable final. I ultimately want football to win.

Thanks for indulging my aspirations as a football pundit, coach, player, and know it all!

:mrgreen:

Cheers, Mate
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

mate wrote:I'll be at a WC party and won't be posting during the match. But I want to say it's been fun this past month sharing the WC with you all. I've taken time from work and family to indulge myself here.

It's been a blast fellas. Let's hope for a fun, clean, and memorable final. I ultimately want football to win.

Thanks for indulging my aspirations as a football pundit, coach, player, and know it all!

Cheers, Mate

Mate have fun that's what it's supposed to be about aside from a few annoying and miserable kill - joys who come creeping out of the crevices like roaches and attempt to draw attention to themselves and derail the thread and a fun day. ..

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Am I missing something? Why are all the old heads picking Argentina :ohmy:

MLK.
kalamashaka
Egg
Egg

Post by kalamashaka »

some black women in the closing ceremony...that should appease @coach somewhat...
"How many white men went in the party that destroyed Abame?"
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

anikulapo wrote:
mate wrote:I'll be at a WC party and won't be posting during the match. But I want to say it's been fun this past month sharing the WC with you all. I've taken time from work and family to indulge myself here.

Cheers, Mate

Mate have fun that's what it's supposed to be about aside from a few annoying and miserable kill - joys who come creeping out of the crevices like roaches and attempt to draw attention to themselves and derail the thread and a fun day. ..
Abeg shattap. Weren't you always doing the same thing to Lukumana :curse:
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Wyclef Jean rocking the Stadium before the kick off :clap: :clap:
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Same starting line-ups as the semi-finals for both teams.

Di Maria on the bench for Argentina.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

LINEUPS:

Germany XI: Neuer; Lahm, Hummels, Boateng, Howedes; Schweinsteiger, Khedira; Muller, Kroos, Ozil; Klose

Argentina XI: Romero; Zabaleta, Demichelis, Garay, Rojo; Perez, Mascherano, Biglia; Lavezzi, Higuain, Messi

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Ekorian wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Cheers, Mate

Abeg shattap. Weren't you always doing the same thing to Lukumana :curse:
I see it's that time of the month for you ... Oh kept it up you will get a response from me soon

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Poor Carlos Puyol that must have been so hard

MLK.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

anikulapo wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Attention seeking? Okay you have been noticed go away now
wow. :rotf:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Oya, Klose and Muller, go make us proud!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Messi to disappear, Ronaldo in 98gate???