[ANCQ] Nigeria 2 - 3 Congo: FT (Efe and Salami for Nigeria)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: [ANCQ] Nigeria 2 - 3 Congo: FT (Efe and Salami for Niger

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Waffi, we will qualify. Top 2 makes it out of the group, and best 3 Rd all rounder. However odumadi, is crap
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:We can still qualify. Keep the faith.
so u think qualifying will solve our problems? :roll:
we are in deep $#%, on and off the pitch
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

oloye wrote:
Spicyee wrote: Oloye, you're my friend, but I disagree with you on this one: The past three years, this team has always played disjointed football, relying on the individual dexterity of a handful of players. We have always struggled each time we face any team with a decent ability to keep possession. Are those weaknesses not a pointer to a coaching and selection problem?
That is why i asked you to clarify things, because the issues you raised i have addressed by saying the team is not balanced. You have only expanded on what i had in my mind , that is why i was suprised and asked you to educate me. Perhaps you want me to break it down to that level.
Fair enough, Oloye. It's just that some of us are not so good at watching these matches with calculators in hand, when with the right decisions in the country's interest, we should be able to field a team every Nigerian can be proud of. And, you know as much as I do, that this one defeat is capable of coming back to haunt us as it did last time when we did not make the ACN. This defeat is not a one-off thing...this team has progressively regressed since that ACN win that, BTW, could very easily have gone the Burkinabe way, save for that one moment of grit by Mba. Just my 2 cents.
Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

Cellular wrote:
Spicyee wrote:
oloye wrote: That is why i asked you to clarify things, because the issues you raised i have addressed by saying the team is not balanced. You have only expanded on what i had in my mind , that is why i was suprised and asked you to educate me. Perhaps you want me to break it down to that level.
Ok, Oloye, since we are on the same page, do you agree that we need a better coach, one who can make better selections and actually coach the team? 8-)
Na fans like you dey make NFF continue to do as like dis...

You seem to think if dem hire Low or any world class coach that he will fix our problems?

Our problems is beyond coaching and personnel...

And until we all collectively focus on addressing the main problem, any coach you put into that setup will look incompetent as heck.
Please educate me on this 'main problem' 8-)
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:We have serious issues that go well beyond tactics and strategies...

But for anyone to suggest Keshi is blameless is disingenuous.

His lack of attention to detail has been a permanent feature of his coaching, going back to his Hawks days...

Why can't Nigerian professionals aspire to be the best, no matter what? Not simply be satisfied with accolades from winning an ANC, but to push to be the very best in his profession...

Nna, where pesin tok say Keshi is blameless?

You can't aspire to be exceptional when your employer is populated with jobbers who are there to share money.

The primary requirement to coach the Eagles is one's ability to thrive in chaos.

Na why I dey always laff when Naijarians compare themselves to Germany or even Costa Rica...
Dang ! Say no more
:clap:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...let opak yarning continue. Let the haters enjoy the loss and say I told you so. It's been coming for a long time
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:4 years ago at this very same stage of the ANC qualifiers:

- Nigeria was losing to Guinea 1-0

- Nigeria had just been un-banned by FIFA

- Eguavoen was in charge as a caretaker

- Contractual issues with Siasia was still unresolved

- He would go on to fail to qualify

VERDICT:
- Siasia's fault
- He cannot coach men
- He is a baby coach, etc

IN THE BACKGROUND: The NFF hoodlums sneak by without any blame!

Four years later in 2014:

- The NFF has just been un-banned by FIFA

- Nigeria lose to Congo 2-3 at home

- Keshi is coach with no clearly established legal/contractual status

VERDICT:

- Its the NFFs fault
- No its Keshi's fault!
- No its the pitch!
- No, its the ref!!!
- No its the players!!!!
Keep conflating two separate issues.

Siasia was the one who wanted to finish with the Olympics before taking up the Eagles job... we could not operate in a vacuum, an interim coach was hired. This time around, NFF went for continuity as opposed to an interim coach.

The fans are all focused on who the coach is without paying attention on the people who are responsible for setting the program and philosophy of the National team. You can not give what you don't have... you cannot get someone who all the know a computer does is to surf the Internet and send emails to use it for something else...

Serious organizations were already planning for the next game after the last whistle during the World Cup...

We on the other hand were planning on sharing formula and who should be on the list when they share the money...

Yet you only seem to recognize these systemic issues now!

Egu's caretaker status back then had zero to do with SS and Olympics...

You need to get ur head off Keshi's derriere every once in a while to take in air :blush:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote:We can still qualify. Keep the faith.
It goes beyond merely qualifying. There's plenty of room to recover for anyone to be seriously worried about qualifying.

Its far more to do with how deep we are in sh1t...

4 years ago we were in similar straits; never learned from it and are even worse now.

We surprisingly won the ANC but have not only failed to build on it, but completely erased any positives from that!

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:

VERDICT:
- Siasia's fault
- He cannot coach men

VERDICT:

- Its the NFFs fault
- No its Keshi's fault!
- No its the pitch!
- No, its the ref!!!
- No its the players!!!!

Siasia was the one who wanted to finish with the Olympics before taking up the Eagles job... we could not operate in a vacuum, an interim coach was hired. This time around, NFF went for continuity as opposed to an interim coach.

The fans are all focused on who the coach is without paying attention on the people who are responsible for setting the program and philosophy of the National team. You can not give what you don't have... you cannot get someone who all the know a computer does is to surf the Internet and send emails to use it for something else...

Serious organizations were already planning for the next game after the last whistle during the World Cup...

We on the other hand were planning on sharing formula and who should be on the list when they share the money...

You need to get ur head off Keshi's derriere every once in a while to take in air :blush:
I have been saying it for years...

But in your usual obtuse manner you don't seem to get it... I defend the coaches because I know they are not the problem. It is why I laff at your type that used to think provision of white t-shirts and powerpoints will make us win or sustain any type of real progress... or fall for the cosmetic changes that fails to address the issue.

On SS not taking up the Eagles job... you better ask the folks who knew what transpired... he wanted to eat his cake and have it too... dragged the process to the point we needed a coach to coach the team for the clash against Guinea. But then again, you can tell us your version...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:

VERDICT:
- Siasia's fault
- He cannot coach men

VERDICT:

- Its the NFFs fault
- No its Keshi's fault!
- No its the pitch!
- No, its the ref!!!
- No its the players!!!!

I have been saying it for years...

But in your usual obtuse manner you don't seem to get it... I defend the coaches because I know they are not the problem. It is why I laff at your type that used to think provision of white t-shirts and powerpoints will make us win or sustain any type of real progress... or fall for the cosmetic changes that fails to address the issue.

On SS not taking up the Eagles job... you better ask the folks who knew what transpired... he wanted to eat his cake and have it too... dragged the process to the point we needed a coach to coach the team for the clash against Guinea. But then again, you can tell us your version...

Thankfully we have the evidence of our eyes and our memories. And where these fail, we have CE's archives.

U spent the better part of the last 4yrs telling us SS cannot coach men, and now that Keshi faces the exact same circumstance that brought the former down, u remember the NFF!

The only saving grace we have today is that the format of the qualifiers is different and gives us multiple opportunities to recover. If not we would've been screwed, by the same crooks at the FA!

Now u want to make up stuff about SS dragging the process out! Quit making stuff up!

The process being 'dragged out' was SS negotiating tough on how much he wanted to be paid. And at that time, you and ur fellow travelers called him greedy and that he had no basis for asking so much!

Yet it is the standard he set that allows Keshi to be paid to the extent he has...

100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

The Big Fraud
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

It's now time for permutations as we did during Amoudu time, though we keep crediting him for qualify us. Thisi is the new scenario, we beat SA, then pray they beat Congo, rely on Sudan (I think) to beat or draw with SA and Congo, whist of course we win all our remaining matches - Am already dizzy figuring these scenarios.

On a serious note, for us to qualify we need to do the following:

GK - pray Enyeama does not retire from Int matches. Ejide and Agbim ain't up to speed at this level. Time to look out for other keepers and invite Alampasu as we'll.

Defense: - the two FB have to go. Why Echiejile was played ahead of Juwon beats my imagination. The two FBs play as wing backs a la Brazil, yet Keshi plays a flat four defence stead of '3 CBs. Efe plays as CB for his club, whilst Oboabona plays RB. Written once about the calamity waiting to explode if Keshi continues like this. It was hilarious watching Congo no 10 standing on same spot and dribbling Oboabona with his head, who of course had no choice but to foul him. Coach should interchange the two.

Midfield: difficult to discern if we are playing two holding MF or three ,with the third MF operating as AM. Methinks we got better result when we play a support striker (Ideye ) with Emenike. The wingers should operate in the MF as Moses and Musa did in the beginning.

Strikers- we need a reliable striker as back up to Emenike. Is Christantus Macaulay a persona non grata in Nigeria? Why hasn't Keshi invite him instead of recycling his so called boys. What about Martins? Keshi' s squad is an animal farm where some players are more equal than other.

NFF would be doing some of us a great service by acceding to Keshi's request for only one year extension .

The qualifiers, if we qualify that is and the AFCON proper should be the litmus test for Keshi.
He already added another accolade to his credentials:

1) First indigenous coach to have played and coached his country to win AFCON,
2) First indigenous coach to reach second round of the WC and now,
3) First indigenous coach to lose an AFCON qualifier at home.
CAPTAIN HAWKINS
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

mcal wrote:...let opak yarning continue. Let the haters enjoy the loss and say I told you so. It's been coming for a long time
Huh? Long time coming? Dude we have only won 1 game out of the last 10 games. We have just lost 3 in a row and you thing we are hating? If you count the CONFED CUP games and the WCQ games after it Keshi has been poor!!! Are you guys okay? Are you guys for real??? SMHBT.

HELL YEAH I TOLD YOU SO!!! But you are still not hearing me though!!

I can say with full confidence that most of you people here don't watch the game the right way. You just see players on the field chasing the round leather and that's it.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

HAWKEYE wrote:It's now time for permutations as we did during Amoudu time, though we keep crediting him for qualify us. Thisi is the new scenario, we beat SA, then pray they beat Congo, rely on Sudan (I think) to beat or draw with SA and Congo, whist of course we win all our remaining matches - Am already dizzy figuring these scenarios.

GK - pray Enyeama does not retire from Int matches. Ejide and Agbim ain't up to speed at this level. Time to look out for other keepers and invite Alampasu as we'll.

Defense: - the two FB have to go. Why Echiejile was played ahead of Juwon beats my imagination. The two FBs play as wing backs a la Brazil, yet Keshi plays a flat four defence stead of '3 CBs. Efe plays as CB for his club, whilst Oboabona plays RB. Written once about the calamity waiting to explode if Keshi continues like this. It was hilarious watching Congo no 10 standing on same spot and dribbling Oboabona with his head, who of course had no choice but to foul him. Coach should interchange the two.

Midfield: difficult to discern if we are playing two holding MF or three ,with the third MF operating as AM. Methinks we got better result when we play a support striker (Ideye ) with Emenike. The wingers should operate in the MF as Moses and Musa did in the beginning.

Strikers- we need a reliable striker as back up to Emenike. Is Christantus Macaulay a persona non grata in Nigeria? Why hasn't Keshi invite him instead of recycling his so called boys. What about Martins? Keshi' s squad is an animal farm where some players are more equal than other.

NFF would be doing some of us a great service by acceding to Keshi's request for only one year extension .

The qualifiers, if we qualify that is and the AFCON proper should be the litmus test for Keshi.

Emm...when did Amodu lose at home?? If you people want to discredit Amodu do so with facts and not feelings. People who were blaming Amodu were doing so because we were not playing attractive football and nothing else. AModu knows how to win games and didn't take anything for granted. This is nothing close to AModu's situation. So yes credit goes to Amodu for the job he did for Naija!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

HAWKEYE wrote:It's now time for permutations as we did during Amoudu time, though we keep crediting him for qualify us. Thisi is the new scenario, we beat SA, then pray they beat Congo, rely on Sudan (I think) to beat or draw with SA and Congo, whist of course we win all our remaining matches - Am already dizzy figuring these scenarios.

...that by itself turned everything U typed into sh it so I stopped reading...
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
yannick
Egg
Egg

Post by yannick »

Our full backs are poor, we need to search for options...Efe is not a natural RB for crying out loud.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Shame on Keshi.. Please RESIGN immediately..

Post by wanaj0 »

YemiBrazil wrote:
yannick wrote:
fabio wrote:What's the big deal?
You really deserve to be slapped for asking this shallow question...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: That's true. Especially with the gang up on Siasia for playing a draw in Abuja.
It was not for drawing in Abuja BUT for failing to qualify for the ANC which was the objective!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

airwolex wrote:I've never seen our starting backline play so badly. Echiejile, Obaobona, Omeruo and Ambrose were horrible. Onazi looked short of practice which was understandable and Nwofor is definitely not an SE player.

Truth is we have a poor crop of players available right now so our best guys: Emenike, Onazi, Mikel, Enyeama, Omeruo need to play and play WELL for us to stand a chance against a decent team.
Exavtly. Unfortunately some people think we have many Messi's and CR7 in our team. Forgetting that we only have AVERAGE nad slightly ABOVE AVERAGE players. Vincent is the ONLY world class players that we have.

Oshaniwa could not be worse than Echiejile.

That said, it is a wake up call to the team. Let's see how they respond in South Africa.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi, has said he saw his team’s 3-2 defeat to Congo in their 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier at the U.J. Esuene Stadium, coming.

The African champions are now third in Group A of the qualifiers behind leaders South Africa and Congo while Sudan are last on the log, after posting a poor performance in their first game after the World Cup.

I’m very disappointed. It was not just the result but the way we played in the first half. I was like a soothsayer because I saw it coming and I talked to the boys that they had to be aggressive and first to the ball.

“I’ve played against the Congolese team before and I know they play tip-tap football. We scored the first goal and that was it. It’s a shame that we had opportunities, mostly in the second half, but we could not score,” Keshi said immediately after the game.

Keshi said he charged the players in the dressing room in a bid to restore pride but admitted that his team was frustrated by the defensive and delay tactics of their opponents.

He added, “I told them (players) they were not playing their game. They were not themselves, they were not playing, they were second to the ball and they needed to change the mentality. They came back in the second half and you could see the difference. But if you are playing a team like this, they are going to come hard and park the bus. And that’s what they did in the second half. Who won’t do it?

“I can understand the frustration, the Congolese team delaying the game, killing the game. It became an anger problem and its part of the game.

“It’s football. Brazil lost 7-1 and we lost today (Saturday). Everybody is going to lose someday. We cannot win all the games all the time. This is where we need the media and Nigerians. They have to be behind the team, so that we can go to South Africa and win”

http://www.punchng.com/sports/i-knew-ea ... ose-keshi/
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

wanaj0 wrote:
Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi, has said he saw his team’s 3-2 defeat to Congo in their 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier at the U.J. Esuene Stadium, coming.

The African champions are now third in Group A of the qualifiers behind leaders South Africa and Congo while Sudan are last on the log, after posting a poor performance in their first game after the World Cup.

I’m very disappointed. It was not just the result but the way we played in the first half. I was like a soothsayer because I saw it coming and I talked to the boys that they had to be aggressive and first to the ball.

“I’ve played against the Congolese team before and I know they play tip-tap football. We scored the first goal and that was it. It’s a shame that we had opportunities, mostly in the second half, but we could not score,” Keshi said immediately after the game.

Keshi said he charged the players in the dressing room in a bid to restore pride but admitted that his team was frustrated by the defensive and delay tactics of their opponents.

He added, “I told them (players) they were not playing their game. They were not themselves, they were not playing, they were second to the ball and they needed to change the mentality. They came back in the second half and you could see the difference. But if you are playing a team like this, they are going to come hard and park the bus. And that’s what they did in the second half. Who won’t do it?

“I can understand the frustration, the Congolese team delaying the game, killing the game. It became an anger problem and its part of the game.

“It’s football. Brazil lost 7-1 and we lost today (Saturday). Everybody is going to lose someday. We cannot win all the games all the time. This is where we need the media and Nigerians. They have to be behind the team, so that we can go to South Africa and win”

http://www.punchng.com/sports/i-knew-ea ... ose-keshi/
What was Keshi's game plan besides the players should play their game and be first to the ball?
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

It is not a disaster yet.... But if we lose to South Africa it will be. Playing like this?? It's a possibility....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Enyi wrote:It is not a disaster yet.... But if we lose to South Africa it will be. Playing like this?? It's a possibility....
even a draw would be a mess,we have away games back to back & couldn't win at home,I believe we will fix up but when?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI