ETHNIC BREAK-DOWN OF CHUKWUS TEAM VS GARBON

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
ETHNIC BREAK-DOWN OF CHUKWUS TEAM VS GARBON

Post by JACKAL »

While I am a huge fan of Garba Lawal and have always been a staunch advocate of his inclusion on our national teams, I would venture to say almost everyone agrees that Garba is a spent force and is at the twilight of his career. However, the NFA and our coaches will continue to invite him because they have no other Northern players to fill that ethnic quota.

His inclusion at this stage of his career proves what I have been criticizing about Nigeria’s team selections and our need to ethnically balance our teams at all cost. This shows that we are either deliberately excluding players from the north or doing a very poor job discovering them.

For those who are so inclined, here is the ethnic breakdown of Chukwus team Vs Gabon

IGBO
Austin Ejide (Etoile du Sahel/TUN) ..should not be on the team anymore
Chidi Odiah (CSKA Moscow/RUS)..We will see what all the noise is about
Celestine Babayaro (Newcastle/ENG)...we should be done with cele by now
Christian Obodo (Fiorentina/ITA)...Yujams wife
Ifeanyi Ekwueme (Aris Salonika/GR)...Chukwus love child
Nwankwo Kanu (West Bromwich Albion/ENG)....Common on !! ??
John Utaka (RC Lens/FRA)

YORUBA
Taye Taiwo (Olympique Marseille/FRA).. So much hype...he better perform
Seyi Olofinjana (Wolverhampton Wanderers/ENG)
Yusuf Ayila (Dynamo Kiev/UKR) We sill see what he is made of
Obafemi Martins (Inter/ENG)

NIGER DELTA
Vincent Enyeama (no club)
Joseph Yobo (Everton/ENG)
Ifeanyi Udeze (PAOK Salonika/GRE)
Obinna Nwaneri (Esperance/TUN) ..should be a started over Enakahire
Joseph Enakarhire (Sporting Lisbon/POR)..should not be on the team
Wilson Oruma (Sochaux/FRA)..we should be done with him by now
Austin Okocha (Bolton Wanderers/ENG)
Julius Aghahowa (Shakhtar Donetsk/UKR)
Osaze Odemwingie (Lille/FRA),
Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Portsmouth/ENG)...fair weather player..he should score in this one.

NORTHERNGarba Lawal (Santa Clara/POR)
Last edited by JACKAL on Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:47 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Obinna
Egg
Egg

Post by Obinna »

lawd.. i miss one of these.. guys watch as this thread makes it to four pages and beyond...
Owerri-Aba Road
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Solowe u r so crazy. lol!!! That comment on Ekwueme had me LOLDRFF. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ETHNIC BREAK-DOWN OF CHUKWUS TEAM VS GARBON

Post by green4life »

Solowe, what took you so long?
Solowe wrote:While I am a huge fan of Garba Lawal and have always been a staunch advocate of his inclusion on our national teams, I would venture to say almost everyone agrees that Garba is a spent force and is at the twilight of his career. However, the NFA and our coaches will continue to invite him because they have no other Northern players to fill that ethnic quota.

His inclusion at this stage of his career proves what I have been criticizing about Nigeria’s team selections and our need to ethnically balance our teams at all cost. This shows that we are either deliberately excluding players from the north or doing a very poor job discovering them.

For those who are so inclined, here is the ethnic breakdown of Chukwus team Vs Gabon

IGBO
Austin Ejide (Etoile du Sahel/TUN) ..should not be # 2
John Utaka (RC Lens/FRA)

YORUBA
Yusuf Ayila (Dynamo Kiev/UKR) We sill see what he is made off
Obafemi Martins (Inter/ENG)

NIGER DELTA
Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Portsmouth/ENG)...fair weather player..he should score in this one.

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

obinna nwaneri and ifeanyi udeze are igbo So-were. :P
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I always say, regardless of Solowe's intentions (and I have no reason to suspect them), this is useful stuff.

If we are not developing talent in a whole swath of the country i.e. the north, that should be fixed ASAP. Is there some wicked goalie up in Sokoto we're missing because the scouts don't go up there.

You gotta use all your assets, and this makes me feel, we might not be using all ours.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
sleaky21
Egg
Egg
Re: ETHNIC BREAK-DOWN OF CHUKWUS TEAM VS GARBON

Post by sleaky21 »

green4life wrote:Solowe, what took you so long?
Solowe wrote:While I am a huge fan of Garba Lawal and have always been a staunch advocate of his inclusion on our national teams, I would venture to say almost everyone agrees that Garba is a spent force and is at the twilight of his career. However, the NFA and our coaches will continue to invite him because they have no other Northern players to fill that ethnic quota.

IGBO
Austin Ejide (Etoile du Sahel/TUN) ..should not be # 2
John Utaka (RC Lens/FRA)

YORUBA
Yusuf Ayila (Dynamo Kiev/UKR) We sill see what he is made off
Obafemi Martins (Inter/ENG)[/b] really???????????/

NIGER DELTA

If you have tears prepare to shed them now.
Holla!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Nonsense man and his tribalistic rants....
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

waka-man wrote:I always say, regardless of Solowe's intentions (and I have no reason to suspect them), this is useful stuff.

If we are not developing talent in a whole swath of the country i.e. the north, that should be fixed ASAP. Is there some wicked goalie up in Sokoto we're missing because the scouts don't go up there.

You gotta use all your assets, and this makes me feel, we might not be using all ours.
WAKA (& SOLOWE):
Northern teams are involved (and therein scouted) in EVERY Nigerian national competition -- premier league (8 clubs), professional league (8 clubs), amateur league (several clubs), Shell Cup (secondary schools), National Sports Festival and Academicals (when it is contested). So there is apparently NO structural or institutional discrimination against talent of Northern origin.

Nevertheless, I think that there might well be a rational relationship between the reasons (cultural, professional, personal or otherwise) for the paucity of Nigerian players of Northern origin plying their wares abroad and the paucity of international-class players of Northen origin at the senior level, in a talent-rich Nigeria.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Tolu

Post by Tolu »

Hey Solowe,
Ifeanyi Udeze is from Enugu State While Obinna Nwaneri is from Umuahia, Abia state!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Is this the resurgence of the yoruba ballers or was it a case of our handlers not looking past their backyards? The same needs to be done in the Northern part of the country.

Buran Uba! (Sorry Abu)
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

So all the gra gra noise wey north dey make for Nigeria, they could only produce one old used up player!!!
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Solowe never disappoints. :D
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Solowe

Now wey you don post I know say game don dey. But man, after all these years you still no sabi pass Niger Delta!!!...Urhobo, Edo, Ishan, Kalabari, Ibibio all those ones no dey your vocab????

Anyway how you see my formation for the Game

--------------------Annang---------------

-------------Igbo---Yoruba---Igbo------

------Igbirra-----Idoma---Igbo---Yoruba------Nupe-----

--------------Edo-----AjeButter/import----------
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
bakana
Egg
Egg

Post by bakana »

AreaDaddy wrote:Solowe

Now wey you don post I know say game don dey. But man, after all these years you still no sabi pass Niger Delta!!!...Urhobo, Edo, Ishan, Kalabari, Ibibio all those ones no dey your vocab????

Anyway how you see my formation for the Game

--------------------Annang---------------

-------------Igbo---Yoruba---Igbo------

------Igbirra-----Idoma---Igbo---Yoruba------Nupe-----

--------------Edo-----AjeButter/import----------
Now you really got me curious!!! ol boy abeg attach names to the nationalities and lets see if your knowledge is any better than Solowe's.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Bakana.

My post was in jest. I feel the regualrity of Solowe's Ethnic Analysis anytime Nigeria plays is now so regular that while it may have riled previously now it only amuses.

Solowe and this ethnicity issue is like an elderly relative who was outspoken and controversial in his youth but is now just considered eccentric and a source of entertainment to the little kids of the family.

I tpersonally hink the Ethnicity of Eagles players is a non-issue, particualrly as over the years the team is almost self-selecting in the sense that if you can get out of Nigeria and get into an average to good European team you are in contention for a starting shirt.

As their is no ethnic bias in leaving Nigeria for greener pastures the whole etnicity thing is neither here nor there.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Tolu wrote:Hey Solowe,
Ifeanyi Udeze is from Enugu State While Obinna Nwaneri is from Umuahia, Abia state!
For a "yoruba" dude, you sure are very good at telling Igbo names from Benin names. This isn't the first time...or the last!

By the way are you still in chillaxing in Tunisia you bloody fraud?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
bakana
Egg
Egg

Post by bakana »

AreaDaddy wrote:Bakana.

My post was in jest. I feel the regualrity of Solowe's Ethnic Analysis anytime Nigeria plays is now so regular that while it may have riled previously now it only amuses.

Solowe and this ethnicity issue is like an elderly relative who was outspoken and controversial in his youth but is now just considered eccentric and a source of entertainment to the little kids of the family.

I tpersonally hink the Ethnicity of Eagles players is a non-issue, particualrly as over the years the team is almost self-selecting in the sense that if you can get out of Nigeria and get into an average to good European team you are in contention for a starting shirt.
My bad, didn't catch your slant, its all well. On the SE ethnicity issue, Solowe is a small minority cos the SE is the one place where 11 guys from one ethnic group can file out and still command the over whelming support of Nigerians, hope nothing changes in that respect.

As their is no ethnic bias in leaving Nigeria for greener pastures the whole etnicity thing is neither here nor there.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

First, let me say I am very proud of all you for your mature responces to this post.

The days of overreaction to such posts are over...Thank god!

We have all come a loooog way baby.. :lol:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

bret- hart wrote:obinna nwaneri and ifeanyi udeze are igbo So-were. :P
I knew , i knew dat...my bad ! :D :D
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

waka-man wrote:I always say, regardless of Solowe's intentions (and I have no reason to suspect them), this is useful stuff.

waka man,

my point precisely!
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

metalalloy wrote:Nonsense man and his tribalistic rants....

well, there is always the odd man out! :lol: