Roy Keane's Explosive Attack on Alex Ferguson

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Roy Keane's Explosive Attack on Alex Ferguson

Post by platinum »

oloye wrote:
platinum wrote:
kalamashaka wrote:
platinum wrote:Roy Keane on United fans. Cic and tfco are going to have a ball with this one. :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

It's probably a spoof, I find it hard to believe Keano would sink this low but it's hilarious nonetheless and he has said something similar before albeit not so cutting :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The man is a loose canon..was he not the one who called them popcorn eating fans. He ripped into Irish fans during euro, now he os the assistant coach.

I read a bit where he 'warned' Ferguson about some business Fergie was involved in. When you begin dey warn your oga, you know you've forgotten your role 100%.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

It is funny though...

It is a fake quote, but is 100% accurate in describing a vast majority of "fans" aka WE's including the resident red pen writing thiefco. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Wow Saddam looks like ROy Keane :taunt: :taunt:
Oya back to the matter
open and close
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

More quotes: :lol:
My first game [for Celtic] was Clyde, away, in the third round of the Scottish Cup. We were beaten 2-1. It was a nightmare. I wasn’t happy with my own game. I did OK, but OK wasn’t good enough. After the game – the disappointment. As I was taking my jersey off, I noticed the Nike tag was still on it. When I got on the bus John Hartson, a really good guy, was already sitting there and he was eating a packet of crisps – with a fizzy drink. I said to myself: ‘Welcome to Hell.
I rang Mark Hughes. Robbie [Savage] wasn’t in the Blackburn team and I asked Mark if we could try to arrange a deal. Sparky said: ‘Yeah, yeah, he’s lost his way here but he could still do a job for you.’ Robbie’s legs were going a bit but I thought he might come up to us [at Sunderland], with his long hair, and give us a lift – the way Yorkie [Dwight Yorke] had, a big personality in the dressing room. Sparky gave me permission to give him a call. So I got Robbie’s mobile number and rang him. It went to his voicemail: ‘Hi, it’s Robbie – whazzup!’ like the Budweiser ad. I never called him back. I thought: ‘I can’t be fcuking signing that.
:lol: :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

The YeyeMan wrote:More quotes: :lol:
My first game [for Celtic] was Clyde, away, in the third round of the Scottish Cup. We were beaten 2-1. It was a nightmare. I wasn’t happy with my own game. I did OK, but OK wasn’t good enough. After the game – the disappointment. As I was taking my jersey off, I noticed the Nike tag was still on it. When I got on the bus John Hartson, a really good guy, was already sitting there and he was eating a packet of crisps – with a fizzy drink. I said to myself: ‘Welcome to Hell.
I rang Mark Hughes. Robbie [Savage] wasn’t in the Blackburn team and I asked Mark if we could try to arrange a deal. Sparky said: ‘Yeah, yeah, he’s lost his way here but he could still do a job for you.’ Robbie’s legs were going a bit but I thought he might come up to us [at Sunderland], with his long hair, and give us a lift – the way Yorkie [Dwight Yorke] had, a big personality in the dressing room. Sparky gave me permission to give him a call. So I got Robbie’s mobile number and rang him. It went to his voicemail: ‘Hi, it’s Robbie – whazzup!’ like the Budweiser ad. I never called him back. I thought: ‘I can’t be fcuking signing that.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: the guy get mouth.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

i think Roy is now overdoing his thuggishness for the media, he is no different to the other tough guys of his time, the likes of Gattuso, Keown, Cantona etc, but u wont see them bragging about this stuff on media

And Roy knew not to mess with the likes of Stam & Cantona, he knew what lay in store
I also understand he never directly tried to bully Rio Ferdinand in his face for obvious reasons

Fergie's last book mentioned how Roy bullied Veron and Veron was said to have responded so meekly

Fergie used this guy Roy Keane as his dog of war and when it started snapping at his heels he got rid of it , thats why its so bitter
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

oloye wrote:
platinum wrote:
kalamashaka wrote:
platinum wrote:Roy Keane on United fans. Cic and tfco are going to have a ball with this one. :rotf:

It's probably a spoof, I find it hard to believe Keano would sink this low but it's hilarious nonetheless and he has said something similar before albeit not so cutting :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The man is a loose canon..was he not the one who called them popcorn eating fans. He ripped into Irish fans during euro, now he os the assistant coach.
prawn sandwich eating not popcorn eating
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

The YeyeMan wrote:More quotes: :lol:
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

benteke wrote:i think Roy is now overdoing his thuggishness for the media, he is no different to the other tough guys of his time, the likes of Gattuso, Keown, Cantona etc, but u wont see them bragging about this stuff on media

And Roy knew not to mess with the likes of Stam & Cantona, he knew what lay in store
I also understand he never directly tried to bully Rio Ferdinand in his face for obvious reasons

Fergie's last book mentioned how Roy bullied Veron and Veron was said to have responded so meekly

Fergie used this guy Roy Keane as his dog of war and when it started snapping at his heels he got rid of it , thats why its so bitter
:clap: :clap:
I remember him more for his thuggish style of play more than for him being confrontational with other players on the pitch :roll: :roll: And i am statting to think some of the stuff is a little embelished :wink:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

Samora Moises Machel wrote:
benteke wrote:i think Roy is now overdoing his thuggishness for the media, he is no different to the other tough guys of his time, the likes of Gattuso, Keown, Cantona etc, but u wont see them bragging about this stuff on media

I remember him more for his thuggish style of play more than for him being confrontational with other players on the pitch :roll: :roll: And i am statting to think some of the stuff is a little embelished :wink:
I doubt you watched him play at all then! You mean to say you rarely saw him confront any other players? Vieira? Shearer? Di Matteo? Mcateer? Quinn? You must have never watched him or have a baaaad memory!
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

man united can definitely do with a Roy keane personality on the pitch, the way he went in for tackles sometimes, he was so committed, top player but sometimes is not right up there
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Keane is a bully......if he started that ish with me, I would have decked him long ago
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

The Notorious B!GGESTMAN wrote:

I doubt you watched him play at all then! You mean to say you rarely saw him confront any other players? Vieira? Shearer? Di Matteo? Mcateer? Quinn? You must have never watched him or have a baaaad memory!

if you ask me, i think a lot of undue fuss is being made made of his thuggish nature, which was nothing exceptional for his time, i remember the likes of Ince running half way across the pitch to confront other players etc.

By the way the game still has a few proper thugs like Pepe, Balotelli etc, but they are potrayed as total idiots by the media and fans.
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

benteke wrote:

if you ask me, i think a lot of undue fuss is being made made of his thuggish nature, which was nothing exceptional for his time, i remember the likes of Ince running half way across the pitch to confront other players etc.

By the way the game still has a few proper thugs like Pepe, Balotelli etc, but they are potrayed as total idiots by the media and fans.
The people who are talking of Keane's "thuggish style of play", generally do not know what they are talking about. Keane was a great player who played with high intensity and 100% commitment. The issue was that he was sometimes over commited and confronted other players REGULARY! So what Tendai is talking about, only ke knows!

Meanwhile, Balotelli is nnot a thug!
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Gooner1 wrote:Keane is a bully......if he started that ish with me, I would have decked him long ago
As far back as 1978 abi?! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

if i'm not mistaken, Mario has come to blows with 3 different teammates and all other misdemenours( red cards etc).
Isnt that the same kind of thing that Roy Keane is re-telling over and over in his latest book to earn a few extra bob, with the media cheering him on.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I think they should have bought Ryan Shawcross instead of Rojo. Shawcross likes a tackle, is dangerous at set pieces, puts his body on the line, and is about 6'3 or 6'4.
marko wrote:man united can definitely do with a Roy keane personality on the pitch, the way he went in for tackles sometimes, he was so committed, top player but sometimes is not right up there
Last edited by wiseone on Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:I think they should have bought Ryan Shawcross instead of Roko. Shawcross likes a tackle, is dangerous at set pieces, puts his body on the line, and is about 6'3 or 6'4.
marko wrote:man united can definitely do with a Roy keane personality on the pitch, the way he went in for tackles sometimes, he was so committed, top player but sometimes is not right up there
Moysie had the right idea when he bought Felliani, he had identified the need for fouling machine in the middle of the park, but his solution wasnt the best :smile:

Van Gaal should have brought in De Jong instead of Blind

Man Utd has totally failed to replace Keane and Scholes, both were nasty card collecting machines who made the team to be more difficult to bully
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Kean sha na wow.
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

benteke wrote:
if i'm not mistaken, Mario has come to blows with 3 different teammates and all other misdemenours( red cards etc).
Isnt that the same kind of thing that Roy Keane is re-telling over and over in his latest book to earn a few extra bob, with the media cheering him on.
So Ribery and Robben are thugs too? And what about the retired Kuffour? :dream:
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

platinum wrote:
wiseone wrote:The man is a psychopath. Remember when during a televised game he grabbed his own teammate Phil Neville by the throat and shoved him, then was fined by Ferguson after he refused to apologise to Neville.

Even when he became a manager he did not mellow. Some Sunderland players told a story of how after one game they lost he told one of the coaches to put up a tactics board in the changing room. This is what happened next:
‘Tactics,’ he said. ‘Everyone goes on about formation and tactics.’

He turned round for a moment, pointed to the tactics board in the changing room and asked one of his coaches to set it up, before continuing his rant about tactics while fiddling with his tie in the mirror.

After a minute, with absolutely no warning, he turned around from the mirror and launched himself two-footed into the tactics board, smashing it to pieces as his stunned team looked on with mouths wide open.

‘That’s what tactics mean.’ he said, surveying the wreckage of the board. ‘F*** all in this game.
On another occasion he was tearing strips off the team in the changing room after they lost, and a drugs test guy came into the changing room to take a urine sample from one of the players for a drugs test. Here is what happened:
Unsurprisingly, it came after another defeat when the gaffer was going off on one in the dressing room. This was all taking place in front of an old boy, who was stood at the door because he had to keep an eye on one of the players who was supposed to be doing a drugs test after the game,

So Keane was ranting and raving when he turned to one player and said, ‘And you, if you carry one like that…’ – he turned and pointed to the old piss fella at the door – ‘…you’ll be taking the piss for the rest of your life like him!’

The place erupted. Even the innocent piss fella could escape the fury of that man.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I gotta get this book. Talk about drama. :rotf:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

You are right. All the successful Man Utd sides always had physical enforcers who would ensure the flair players would not get bullied (Bruce, Pallister, Robson, Ince, Keane, Hughes, Vidic etc).

Blind is an excellent player at HOME. However I fear his lack of pace will be exposed in away games when he will have to defend a lot more and face powerful and fast midfielders who will run him into the ground and make him look like a tortoise (I shudder to imagine him up against Toure, Fernandinho, Matic etc).

To be fair - Keane and Scholes have no replacements. Those are once in a lifetime players.

benteke wrote: Moysie had the right idea when he bought Felliani, he had identified the need for fouling machine in the middle of the park, but his solution wasnt the best :smile:

Van Gaal should have brought in De Jong instead of Blind

Man Utd has totally failed to replace Keane and Scholes, both were nasty card collecting machines who made the team to be more difficult to bully