Roy Keane's Explosive Attack on Alex Ferguson

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Roy Keane's Explosive Attack on Alex Ferguson

Post by platinum »

More from the book, this time major praise for Eric Cantona.

*at this rate no need to buy the book, all the juicy tori don leak.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/roy-k ... er-united/
“In my early years at United, there was a players’ pool and each of us would get about £800 out of it at the end of the season for the work we’d done for the in-house magazines, the club videos.”

“We were all on decent money and eight hundred quid wasn’t going to make or break us, so one time, we decided to put all the cheques into a hat and the last cheque out, whoever’s name was on it, got to keep all of the cheques.

“We all put our cheques in except a couple of the younger players – I think it was Becks and Gary and Phil (Neville).

“They opted out. They were new on the scene and didn’t have the money to spare, but Scholesy and Nicky Butt put their cheques in.

“I think I was the third last name out, so I got a run for my money, but the last cheque out – Eric Cantona. He’d won about sixteen grand.

“He came in the next day, there was plenty of banter – ‘Eric, you lucky b——!’ F—— money to money.’

“But he had got somebody to cash the cheques, he’d split the money in two and he gave it to Paul Scholes and Nicky Butt because, he said, the two of them had the balls to go into it when they couldn’t really afford it.
“The two lads took home about eight grand each.

“I just thought, ‘what a gesture.’ Nobody else would have done it.”
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

Did he talk about the Okocha dribble?
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Keane's 23 Most Frightening Moments

Post by wiseone »

http://babb.telegraph.co.uk/2014/10/23- ... errifying/

Hitting his own boss in the groin with a water bottle"
https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/FF4312E4 ... 5k7DKxHaif

barely flinching during the ice bucket challenge:

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/4063F7 ... AQ_Hx7eqnJ

Looking like a character from Lord of the Rings:

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

A mad man who is big enough to admit when he is wrong.

Keane: Dwight Yorke text me to wish me well – I told him to go f*** himself

The two players were at the peak of their powers during the Treble winning season of 1998/99 and when Keane took over as Sunderland manager he soon enticed Yorke to leave Australia for the North-East.

"I'd got on well with Yorkie at United," he writes in The Second Half.

"He had the penthouse in Sydney Harbour, and the Lamborghini, all the women. A hard life. But I knew he loved football. He loved the game and he liked a challenge.

"Dwight Yorke was probably my best signing," he admitted.

The 34-year-old was told by the club his contract would not be renewed after the club secured promotion to the Premier League, but a shortage of numbers meant he re-signed, though it wasn't to end well as far as Keane was concerned.

Yorke decided to return to international football which was not well received by the club.

"He took his eye off the ball once or twice, and I left him on the bench," added Keane, who made him train with the reserves for a period of time.

"Maybe I should have pulled him aside and said, 'Yorkie, come on – pull your finger out'."

The deterioration in their relationship was crystal clear once the former Ireland captain departed Wearside, something Keane has regretted since.

"A few days after I left Sunderland, Yorkie text me: All the best. I text him back: Go fu** yourself."

"I saw him a few years ago," he writes. "We both played in a charity match. We said hello to each other, but there was no real conversation.

"And it's sad, because I had great days with Yorkie.

"I could have handled things differently."
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Dwight Yorke recalling his 1st united training session:

Roy Keane blasted a ball at me from 6 yards & glared at me.

"Cantona would have controlled that!"

Yorke said: “The rumours of his departure had been flying around for a while, but when it happened it was still a surprise.

“So I sent him a text saying how sorry I was how things had turned out, but thanking him for the chance at Sunderland and wishing him all the best for the future.

Ten minutes later, I got my reply: ‘

"Go **** yourself.’”
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Keane on WAGS.

"These so-called big stars are people we are supposed to be looking up to. Well, they are weak and soft. If they don't want to come because their wife wants to go shopping in London, it's a sad state of affairs.

On Yorkie's decision to come out of international retirement.

“Dwight's a clown and he's on an ego trip; he's brought this on himself. He's retired from international football about five times,”

On his then Ireland Manager - Mick McCarthy.

“Mick, you're a liar... you're a f**king wanker.” That's what the national skipper said to his manager during the aforementioned 2002 World Cup in Japan and Korea. He also said: “I didn't rate you as a player, I don't rate you as a manager, and I don't rate you as a person. You're a f**king w**ker and you can stick your World Cup up your arse. The only reason I have any dealings with you is that somehow you are the manager of my country! You can stick it up your boll**ks.” He had been unimpressed with Ireland's preparations and let it be known that the facilities weren't good enough. A 'clear the air' talk with his boss then turned to expletive-laden tirade above and he was booted out of the team. Say how you really feel, Roy

FERGIE'S EGO

The former Man United manager's latest book was particularly unkind to his former captain. Sir Fergie claimed Keane “has the most savage tongue you can imagine. He can debilitate the most confident person in the world in seconds with that tongue.” Keano hit back, though, and hammered the boss' ego. “Everything is about control and power,” was his response. “He's still striving for it now even though he's not manager. There's massive ego involved in that.”

Keane on Manure fans.

Not supporters of the mighty Peterborough, no, this was a tirade aimed at Man United fans who preferred to watch from behind the glass in executive boxes after a Champions League match against Dynamo Kiev in 2000, which the club won 1-0. “Sometimes you wonder, do they understand the game of football? We're 1-0 up, then there are one or two stray passes and they're getting on players' backs. It's just not on. At the end of the day they need to get behind the team.” The captain made clear that he didn't feel this way about every supporter, however. “Away from home our fans are fantastic,” he said. “I'd call them the hardcore fans. But at home they have a few drinks and probably the prawn sandwiches, and they don't realise what's going on out on the pitch. I don't think some of the people who come to Old Trafford can spell 'football', never mind understand it.”
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

Waffiman wrote:Keane on WAGS.

"These so-called big stars are people we are supposed to be looking up to. Well, they are weak and soft. If they don't want to come because their wife wants to go shopping in London, it's a sad state of affairs.

On Yorkie's decision to come out of international retirement.

“Dwight's a clown and he's on an ego trip; he's brought this on himself. He's retired from international football about five times,”

On his then Ireland Manager - Mick McCarthy.

“Mick, you're a liar... you're a f**king wanker.” That's what the national skipper said to his manager during the aforementioned 2002 World Cup in Japan and Korea. He also said: “I didn't rate you as a player, I don't rate you as a manager, and I don't rate you as a person. You're a f**king w**ker and you can stick your World Cup up your arse. The only reason I have any dealings with you is that somehow you are the manager of my country! You can stick it up your boll**ks.” He had been unimpressed with Ireland's preparations and let it be known that the facilities weren't good enough. A 'clear the air' talk with his boss then turned to expletive-laden tirade above and he was booted out of the team. Say how you really feel, Roy

FERGIE'S EGO

The former Man United manager's latest book was particularly unkind to his former captain. Sir Fergie claimed Keane “has the most savage tongue you can imagine. He can debilitate the most confident person in the world in seconds with that tongue.” Keano hit back, though, and hammered the boss' ego. “Everything is about control and power,” was his response. “He's still striving for it now even though he's not manager. There's massive ego involved in that.”

Keane on Manure fans.

Not supporters of the mighty Peterborough, no, this was a tirade aimed at Man United fans who preferred to watch from behind the glass in executive boxes after a Champions League match against Dynamo Kiev in 2000, which the club won 1-0. “Sometimes you wonder, do they understand the game of football? We're 1-0 up, then there are one or two stray passes and they're getting on players' backs. It's just not on. At the end of the day they need to get behind the team.” The captain made clear that he didn't feel this way about every supporter, however. “Away from home our fans are fantastic,” he said. “I'd call them the hardcore fans. But at home they have a few drinks and probably the prawn sandwiches, and they don't realise what's going on out on the pitch. I don't think some of the people who come to Old Trafford can spell 'football', never mind understand it.”
None of the quotes above are from his new book.
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:You are right. All the successful Man Utd sides always had physical enforcers who would ensure the flair players would not get bullied (Bruce, Pallister, Robson, Ince, Keane, Hughes, Vidic etc).

Blind is an excellent player at HOME. However I fear his lack of pace will be exposed in away games when he will have to defend a lot more and face powerful and fast midfielders who will run him into the ground and make him look like a tortoise (I shudder to imagine him up against Toure, Fernandinho, Matic etc).

To be fair - Keane and Scholes have no replacements. Those are once in a lifetime players.

te]
it baffles me how a big club like Man Utd can fail all these years to bring something at least halfway to Keane and Scholes, especially looking at the amounts they been splashing recently.
City in last 2 seasons has come up with Fernandino and Fernando, Toure can retire and City wil stil be ok.
Man Utd scouts have failed
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

The bad blood and bitterness against Ferguson continuess. This time in an BBC Interview.
Roy Keane says ex-Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson was wrong to criticise his former players in his autobiography and would not be afraid "to have a go at him" if the two met."

Keane said he was not sure if he could ever forgive Ferguson for the comments and added that he would not be frightened to say what he thought to his former manager, should they meet again.
He added: "Truthfully, I'd probably have a go at him. Yeah, why not?

"What would I say? Why are you talking nonsense about us, talking rubbish about me and other lads who have done well?
"He'd probably defend himself, take a running jump as you'd expect. But I don't see why we should just accept it - it was all about power and control for him.
"I'm 43 years of age - am I supposed to be frightened of him? You've got to take them on. Football is a small world, so I'm sure we'll cross each other, AND I LOOK FORWARD TO IT.":shock: :shock: :shock:
Video Link In the link below. The man is broken and must be going through some inner turmoil. Evidence? His beard.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29561299
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

where Fergie really hurt Keane is when he wrote in his recent boigraphy that Keane is.too restless.to be.a good coach and can only be successful if he gets lots of money
Now that isnt good for Keane going forward and its hard to forgive
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

oloye wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:Here is a link to one Viera vs Lauren confrontation (nothing much to it though in terms of details). They had a go at each other in the team bus.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/200 ... t.comment1

*However, I think it's common knowledge that Viera and Keane bossed the entire EPL and never hesitated to stand firm against each other. If it had come to a bet my odds would have been on Viera though, even as United fan. On Lauren, no doubt a hardcore agbero as well but will still place Viera ahead of him.

Where is Uncle Oloye, this is his department! :D
Go and ask about me in Shooting they will tell you I am a complete genetleman on and off the field :D :D :D . I don't do agbero tactics. I may clear you into the bush, but i am kind enough to lend a hand to bring you back on the pitch again..that is what a gentleman does! This rabid dog is nothing but a lunatic in human skin, a bully and thug with no class , his day of reckoning is coming.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Counago Strikes Back.

In a statement given to independent Ipswich Town website TWTD,(external) Counago said: "The love and respect I feel for ITFC and its fans is something he will never feel.

"I always tried my best with the Blues, I felt so loved there, Ipswich is and will always be in my best memories.

"I could say lots of awful things about him but I don't feel right speaking about him, I feel sorry for him. That's why whatever he says about me I don't take offence, even though he's not telling the truth about me.

"It seems like he needs to criticise players, managers and directors etc to keep selling books as he is not able to do anything else in football. It is a very sad ending for a person that was so big as a player.

"As I told him once, I think he is a complete mess as a football manager. As he has said in his book, he wanted to hit me, but behind his appearance there's a coward.

"I just hope he can find happiness in his life as, in my opinion, being that miserable must be very mentally draining."

Sauce: bbc.co.uk
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Coach wrote:Counago Strikes Back.

In a statement given to independent Ipswich Town website TWTD,(external) Counago said: "The love and respect I feel for ITFC and its fans is something he will never feel.

"I always tried my best with the Blues, I felt so loved there, Ipswich is and will always be in my best memories.

"I could say lots of awful things about him but I don't feel right speaking about him, I feel sorry for him. That's why whatever he says about me I don't take offence, even though he's not telling the truth about me.

"It seems like he needs to criticise players, managers and directors etc to keep selling books as he is not able to do anything else in football. It is a very sad ending for a person that was so big as a player.

"As I told him once, I think he is a complete mess as a football manager. As he has said in his book, he wanted to hit me, but behind his appearance there's a coward.

"I just hope he can find happiness in his life as, in my opinion, being that miserable must be very mentally draining."

Now that is a cool measured blow delivered in such a way that would leave the rabid dog with a wound that would never heal. By the way who is Counago and what bite did he get from the mad dog?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

oloye wrote:

Now that is a cool measured blow delivered in such a way that would leave the rabid dog with a wound that would never heal. By the way who is Counago and what bite did he get from the mad dog?

He played under Keane. They didn't like each other, almost came to blows several times.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

Counago was a baller! Reminds me of Ali berbnabia
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Keane is a bully. Never saw him as hard.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Keane on Pablo:

“Pablo Couñago was a player I didn’t particularly like or get on with. No club was interested in taking him – and I was happy to tell him that. I just found him dead lazy. He went: ‘How are we going to win anything with you as manager?’ I nearly physically attacked him – but I didn’t.”

You can understand why Pablo is not impressed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

platinum wrote:
oloye wrote:

He played under Keane. They didn't like each other, almost came to blows several times.
The irony of it all is that what the rabid dog is raving against Ferguson for, is what his book is all about..criticizing everyone and throwing them all under the bus, including his colleagues and the players he coached is his short career as a manager.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:
platinum wrote:
oloye wrote:

The irony of it all is that what the rabid dog is raving against Ferguson for, is what his book is all about..criticizing everyone and throwing them all under the bus, including his colleagues and the players he coached is his short career as a manager.
They all do it because they have to sell their books. When the punters buys it, they encourage more of these sort of stories. When Fergie had a pop at Keane, he knew Keane had a right of reply, just like Keane knows everyone he mentions in his book has a right to reply. Notice how these books come out in time for Christmas.

For Christmas, I will read; Glow: The Autobiography of Rick James. Others will read Roy Keane. Each to their own.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
platinum wrote:
oloye wrote:

They all do it because they have to sell their books. When the punters buys it, they encourage more of these sort of stories. When Fergie had a pop at Keane, he knew Keane had a right of reply, just like Keane knows everyone he mentions in his book has a right to reply. Notice how these books come out in time for Christmas.

For Christmas, I will read; Glow: The Autobiography of Rick James. Others will read Roy Keane. Each to their own.
If you are reading FOR CHRISTMAS, why don't you read the Bible?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
platinum wrote:
oloye wrote:

If you are reading FOR CHRISTMAS, why don't you read the Bible?
Chief, we all read the bible for Christmas. Being an avid reader, I also read other books.