PINNICK MUST SETUP A PROGRAM TO ATTRACT FOREIGN BORN PLAYERS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: PINNICK MUST SETUP A PROGRAM TO ATTRACT FOREIGN BORN PLA

Post by Prince »

When Nacho was 17 he wasnt as good as Solanke
Oya back to the matter
open and close
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

... And you guys wonder why we are so terrible at football administration. Most Nigerian football administrators are cut from the same cloth as solowe and the typical Nigerian fan, bereft of any useful ideas :idea: :?:

Cheers.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Here is another one for the haters ... Crystal Palace have announced the hiring of striker Fisayo Adarabioyo on a short - term development deal

BTW, are there any Yoruba people with simple names any more. All these ere-ori-itage ijinle yourba names tire me o !!! :mrgreen:
Last edited by JACKAL on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Pulling down one's pants and flapping the phallus from side to side is as prolific a bait as it is a deterrent. If one wants to appeal to the onlooker, polish up the act from the hat's tip to the tip of the toe.

Till Nigeria creates a brand of its domestic scene, it will remain the ameobic insignificant other half till the pulling power of the penis fails then the fat tart with hooped earrings and "Mum" tattooed across her left breast becomes the, f**k it, sex is sex, option.

If a brand is made of the game, interest generated, there will be a warming curiosity that may well have its Lynx effect. The focus for the FA should be on having the domestic league seen as a viable setting for the swansong of a superstar's career. T'is not so much the quality they'll bring, rather the publicity and fame. Messi has spoken of wanting to retire in his beloved Argentina, one expects many others to do the same. Obiesta would rather do pedicures in Toni and Guys than roll out for the Jets and thats only if Spartak Matryoshka dont put up a punt.

There is a stepwise approach to the commercialization of any product and building of any brand. Years back one recalls chuckling at the MLS' recruitment of washed up old fogeys from Anywhereistan, today they boast some of the game's great names, albeit in their swansong but with unprecedented media appeal.

David Beckham pitched up on Sunset Boulevard at the tender age of 32, still a global superstar, still a decent footballer, still bigger than Big Meech after soul food sunday at Big Mommas house. When Nigeria can draw the same sort of stature, afrocentric obviously (whatever else), then theirs can be the dream of appealing to the half-bakes born in the b*stard land. Till then, its ameobisms. The business plan is all wrong, rather than start cultivating the land and bricking over the wooden slats, their painting the gates golden with talks of white witch doctors, paying no mind to the sun frying in the blue sky. E go do dem like film trick.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

how about a program to help develop indigenous coaches?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Coach wrote:Pulling down one's pants and flapping the phallus from side to side is as prolific a bait as it is a deterrent. If one wants to appeal to the onlooker, polish up the act from the hat's tip to the tip of the toe.

Till Nigeria creates a brand of its domestic scene, it will remain the ameobic insignificant other half till the pulling power of the penis fails then the fat tart with hooped earrings and "Mum" tattooed across her left breast becomes the, f**k it, sex is sex, option.

If a brand is made of the game, interest generated, there will be a warming curiosity that may well have its Lynx effect. The focus for the FA should be on having the domestic league seen as a viable setting for the swansong of a superstar's career. T'is not so much the quality they'll bring, rather the publicity and fame. Messi has spoken of wanting to retire in his beloved Argentina, one expects many others to do the same. Obiesta would rather do pedicures in Toni and Guys than roll out for the Jets and thats only if Spartak Matryoshka dont put up a punt.

There is a stepwise approach to the commercialization of any product and building of any brand. Years back one recalls chuckling at the MLS' recruitment of washed up old fogeys from Anywhereistan, today they boast some of the game's great names, albeit in their swansong but with unprecedented media appeal.

David Beckham pitched up on Sunset Boulevard at the tender age of 32, still a global superstar, still a decent footballer, still bigger than Big Meech after soul food sunday at Big Mommas house. When Nigeria can draw the same sort of stature, afrocentric obviously (whatever else), then theirs can be the dream of appealing to the half-bakes born in the b*stard land. Till then, its ameobisms. The business plan is all wrong, rather than start cultivating the land and bricking over the wooden slats, their painting the gates golden with talks of white witch doctors, paying no mind to the sun frying in the blue sky. E go do dem like film trick.
Couldn't have put it any better!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Solowe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:We have a lot of talent at home. Talent is not our problem. Would rather setup a program to improve the level of youth coaching we get in Nigeria. We rely too much on individual talent. Our youngsters don't get the same level of tactical and technical training as their European counter parts get.
A great player is a great player regardless of where he is groomed. We want great Nigerian players to represent us.

This program shouldn't in anyway affect the continued development of home grown players
We have great players in Nigeria. Players like the Nacho man were groomed in Nigeria. The number one priority should be to become better organized. I remember growing up playing on concrete paved roads, with no cleets. First time I played with cleets was when I was 14. We need to build good playing surfaces, get kids into training programs early. Get kids good shoes and etc. That is how we are going become really good at Football. Not by going for the foreign made product or relying on oyibos. Oyibo people only care about themselves, they don't care about Africa. Am not saying I am against going after foreign based players. I will like to have Aneke invited. But that is not a priority. We need to get better organized first.
How does that affect any other programme the NFF may have?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I am having difficulty understanding the rationale behind cursing fellow Forumers for stating their "opinion" or for bringing up a "suggestion." The thread starter laid down his opinion like he should have. If you have a point to add, then do so. If you want to dispute of it, also do so, but please do it with respect and dignity.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Well said, Solowe. I am a strong advocate of this. This should be done concurrently with developing our home-grown talent. They are not mutually exclusive. We stand to gain a whole lot by harnessing all the talent we have on offer, foreign-born or not. In fact, therein lies our main hope of going far at the mundial. We can still put our heads in the sand, and keep hailing inferior talent like we've been doing lately.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Victor Moses
Semi Ajayi
Leon Balogun
Amoebi younger brother
Hope Akpan
Chuks Aneke- Aproached already

We have a program already in place to attract foreign born or eligible to play with other countries players. We even had a camp in London a few years ago. We have other priorities that need more attention.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^We have no brand and therefore no relevance to many of most. It needn't be about charming the odd Agbonlahor, rather having a self-sustaining system that serves as an automaton in this regard, drawing in the talent itself. Where is the appeal in playing for Nigeria or in Nigeria? Where is the commerce, investment, advertisement and marketing? But for cricket, India would boast greater commerciability in our national sport. Only a few years back the I League was on the cusps of a coup that would've seen the likes of Crespo et al roll out for Nimesh FC. It fell through but the intention was there, as was the interest. India in deep discussion with Pires and Fowlers and Nigeria cant even convince Chris Iwelumo to lace up for a kick about. Till ours is a brand, we have nothing and will only procure the leftovers at the thieves' banquet.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Solowe wrote:Nigeria should have a program where we are already talking to all these foreign born players even before they make the grade at top level European teams. We need to try and win their hearts and minds and convince them early to consider playing for Nigeria because it would enhance their careers.

Don't wait till they make Chelsea or any of the top teams. Make contact with them when they are 15 and they are starlets of their respective youth team. Wine and dine their parents and remind them of their roots. Gives them trips to come home or go meet and see big Nigerian star like Mikel so that they feel like they belong.

This is why we missed out on the likes of a Young Fashanu, Amoebi, Sidney Sam etc etc.

Chelsea debut excites Nigerian starlet Solanke

Dominic Solanke - Chelsea debut on Tuesday night

by Staff Reporter

Wednesday Oct 22, 2014. 09:50

Nigeria-born teenager Dominic Solanke was delighted to make his first-team debut for Chelsea at a bigger stage when he was thrown into the fray against Maribor in the Champions League.

At age 17, the midfielder lasted for 18 minutes. He was first named in the first team last weekend against Crystal Palace where he was an unused substitute.

"Wow. What a moment. Making my debut for Chelsea in the champions league! Thank you so much for all the messages and support! #CFC," Dominic Solanke tweeted.
http://africanfootball.com/news/470829/ ... et-Solanke
...good luck trying to get a kid born with silver spoon in his mouth to ramble with inept thieves.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

I guess Pinnick is reading my CE posts !! :mrgreen:

I think Picnick must be reading my posts on cyber eagles. I guess all great minds think alike. Very soon, he will be talking about Hiring mostly college graduates with technical degrees mostly into the coaching ranks.. :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=254617&hilit=born

You funny people and your altra-nationalistic sentiments. Do you have any idea how Nigerian football developed this far ?? Its called Foreign Influence !! Mostly Ghanaians !! Yes, those bredas that you keep picking on have a lot to do with the development of football in Nigeria starting from the 70-s to the 80's. Then we had a Mixture of European/south American flavor to boost things up.

You guys should think more like Germany rather than England who refused to field Black players for decades especially when they had the largest selection of black people in Europe. The germans only had to see Nigeria play once in the 94 world cup and then they began including black players in their plans even though they do not even have a notable black population.
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

I will continue to pray for Amaju.

That guy needs our prayers. That guy is dangerous. He is not cut out to be an administrator. So our prayer point if for God to help him come around.
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Catalyst wrote:I will continue to pray for Amaju.

That guy needs our prayers. That guy is dangerous. He is not cut out to be an administrator. So our prayer point if for God to help him come around.
Catalyst,

If I were him, I wouldn't even stop there, I will go to the rest of Africa and find the next George Weah, Abedi pele, Drogba..offer them scholaships to come to Nigeria and then naturalize them. I wont let meaning less geographical boundries stop me from achieving the growth of the game in Nigeria and ultimately success at the World cup.
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Mr. Piffington wrote:What a stupid thread.
Not stupid at all. It's not stupid to compete to our full potential.
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
George Bush
Egg
Egg

Post by George Bush »

Foreign born ain't necc better bit if any player has a link to Naija and they look promising, hook em young. KPOM!
Oti sheleh!!!
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Mr. Piffington wrote:What a stupid thread.
Some people are just visionless.... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Solowe wrote:Nigeria should have a program where we are already talking to all these foreign born players even before they make the grade at top level European teams. We need to try and win their hearts and minds and convince them early to consider playing for Nigeria because it would enhance their careers.

Don't wait till they make Chelsea or any of the top teams. Make contact with them when they are 15 and they are starlets of their respective youth team. Wine and dine their parents and remind them of their roots. Gives them trips to come home or go meet and see big Nigerian star like Mikel so that they feel like they belong.

This is why we missed out on the likes of a Young Fashanu, Amoebi, Sidney Sam etc etc.

Dominic Solanke - Chelsea debut on Tuesday night

by Staff Reporter

Wednesday Oct 22, 2014. 09:50

Nigeria-born teenager Dominic Solanke was delighted to make his first-team debut for Chelsea at a bigger stage when he was thrown into the fray against Maribor in the Champions League.

At age 17, the midfielder lasted for 18 minutes. He was first named in the first team last weekend against Crystal Palace where he was an unused substitute.

"Wow. What a moment. Making my debut for Chelsea in the champions league! Thank you so much for all the messages and support! #CFC," Dominic Solanke tweeted.
http://africanfootball.com/news/470829/ ... et-Solanke
Basingstoke is no where near Nigeria,if you are going to be a journalist you should get that right and at least say he is of Nigerian descent!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Prince wrote:When Nacho was 17 he wasnt as good as Solanke
So Nigeria need to ask why and try to develop their own youth system that can improve on their exceptional talents instead of waiting around for the English to drop crumbs (as most of them will only play for Nigeria if England rejects them)!
Nigeria can't continue to waste what it already has in persute of what they do not develop!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Another reason to miss Solowe.
RIP.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

:scared:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Where's Catalyst? haven't heard from him in years....

I regret labelling him CrapAnalyst. :-(
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.