Life as a Shooting stars player...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Life as a Shooting stars player...

Post by oloye »

GIN wrote:Oloye, who were the players that signed along with you to NNB prior to the disbandment of the club?
Isaac Semitoje, Azuka Azumugha, Steven Musa,Eboigbe was supposed to sign, but he was playing hide and seek with Alabi. Igbinabaro aka Tita was supposed to be signed, so also Igbinoba Victor. I dont know how Alabi would have handled some of the names being bandied around at the time. The stand out players that we met there were, Amos Edoseghe in his last legs, Austin Popo, on his last legs, Yamaha done but still believes he can play. Then we had Alhassan, Edema, Uwem Ikono, Monday Agbontein, Makino Ebrume, Joe Okoh, Nino Peters, ..these were the ones i can remember.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
GIN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GIN »

oloye wrote:
GIN wrote:Oloye, who were the players that signed along with you to NNB prior to the disbandment of the club?
Isaac Semitoje, Azuka Azumugha, Steven Musa,Eboigbe was supposed to sign, but he was playing hide and seek with Alabi. Igbinabaro aka Tita was supposed to be signed, so also Igbinoba Victor. I dont know how Alabi would have handled some of the names being bandied around at the time. The stand out players that we met there were, Amos Edoseghe in his last legs, Austin Popo, on his last legs, Yamaha done but still believes he can play. Then we had Alhassan, Edema, Uwem Ikono, Monday Agbontein, Makino Ebrume, Joe Okoh, Nino Peters, ..these were the ones i can remember.
Wait, Isaac Semitodje was willing to leave Flash for NNB in 88? :shock: :shock:

NNB would have set division 2 on fire with the caliber of players that were willing to play for the team prior to the disbandment.
Samson Siasia speaking FACTs about 2008.
“I have been waiting for this job for almost three years now and that was before the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I was to be the coach of the Super Eagles after the interview conducted for the job. But that time I said no, I wasn’t ready. Now that I am ready, I am not intimidated at all. I am ready for this job,” he declared matter-of-factly" http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/ ... m_ID=36099
shooting stars
Egg
Egg

Post by shooting stars »

Hi everybody especially Oloye my very good friend.
It´s so nice to read these postings about football in the 80´s and 90´s. I was blessed to be part of it and
been a born and bred Ibadan boy, i couldn´t resist joining the conversation. Oloye (Bolaji) , this is Tunji
Adeyemi from Germany and i would like you to continue the good work here. Reading your lines brings back
very nice and passionate memories of Ibadan and Shooting Stars. To play for Shooting Stars, win Laurels and
also captain the Club will always remain a special part of my life.
It´s true that Oloye played for Shooting Stars when things were not going well for the team, i mean the 89 season.
But in 1990 Chief Onigbinde took over the administration of the Club and from then on the Club started improving both
on and off the pitch. In the 1992 Season, we were, in my opinion, the best team in Nigeria. With Demola Bankole
and David Aigbovo in Goal, the defense line with christopher, Ogbein Fawole, Bright Omokaro, Ajibade Babalade. Taofik
Malik, Golden Ajebo, Mojeed Azeez and my humble self in midfield. On the wings we had Godwin Osusu and Dotun Alatise
with Andrew Uti and Sola Akinwale upfront. We were really good and went on to win the CAF Cup. I can still vividly remember
the 2-0 whipping BCC Lions got in Ibadan with Oloye and another very good friend of mine Samuel Elija ( sammy touga) in the
central defense for BCC. I scored one of the goals with a header just to remind oloye. Those were the days. Young, Proud and
tough we were, flying the blue banners of Shooting Stars high throughout the country and the continent.
Warmest greetings to you and your family oloye. God´s blessing.
shooting stars
Egg
Egg

Post by shooting stars »

How are you doing too Megapro. I would really like to know who you are.
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

GIN wrote:The exodus of Bright, Sunny, Wilfred and Humphrey took place after the 86 season. 1986 was a very tough year for NNB due to the early exit from the continental championship and poor league run that almost sent the team down to division two. Bright, Sunny and Wilfred bailed out to join Abiola Babes while Humphrey went on to sign for Leventis utd. NNB came back alive in 87 with the introduction of kakaraka, joe okoh, mombossa brodericks and Chris Edomoiya aka police of senegal.

Bros Oloye, stop playing around and write your book. :clap: :clap:
Igbinabaro also went to Leventis and I am sure his nickname was Ogbe (Oloye called him Tito). Ozogula went to IICC.

I have said it before, no team in the world would have survived the way NNB were gutted that year. They still played good football at UNIBEN main bowl though but the fear of NNB was no longer there.

P.S: They also changed their team bus that year too.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

shooting stars wrote:Hi everybody especially Oloye my very good friend.
It´s so nice to read these postings about football in the 80´s and 90´s. I was blessed to be part of it and
been a born and bred Ibadan boy, i couldn´t resist joining the conversation. Oloye (Bolaji) , this is Tunji
Adeyemi from Germany and i would like you to continue the good work here. Reading your lines brings back
very nice and passionate memories of Ibadan and Shooting Stars. To play for Shooting Stars, win Laurels and
It´s true that Oloye played for Shooting Stars when things were not going well for the team, i mean the 89 season.
But in 1990 Chief Onigbinde took over the administration of the Club and from then on the Club started improving both
on and off the pitch. In the 1992 Season, we were, in my opinion, the best team in Nigeria. With Demola Bankole
and David Aigbovo in Goal, the defense line with christopher, Ogbein Fawole, Bright Omokaro, Ajibade Babalade. Taofik
Malik, Golden Ajebo, Mojeed Azeez and my humble self in midfield. On the wings we had Godwin Osusu and Dotun Alatise
with Andrew Uti and Sola Akinwale upfront. We were really good and went on to win the CAF Cup. I can still vividly remember
the 2-0 whipping BCC Lions got in Ibadan with Oloye and another very good friend of mine Samuel Elija ( sammy touga) in the
central defense for BCC. I scored one of the goals with a header just to remind oloye. Those were the days. Young, Proud and
tough we were, flying the blue banners of Shooting Stars high throughout the country and the continent.
Hey Tunji, Up Olivet, how you dey?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Aswani wrote:
GIN wrote:The exodus of Bright, Sunny, Wilfred and Humphrey took place after the 86 season. 1986 was a very tough year for NNB due to the early exit from the continental championship and poor league run that almost sent the team down to division two. Bright, Sunny and Wilfred bailed out to join Abiola Babes while Humphrey went on to sign for Leventis utd. NNB came back alive in 87 with the introduction of kakaraka, joe okoh, mombossa brodericks and Chris Edomoiya aka police of senegal.

Igbinabaro also went to Leventis and I am sure his nickname was Ogbe (Oloye called him Tito). Ozogula went to IICC.

I have said it before, no team in the world would have survived the way NNB were gutted that year. They still played good football at UNIBEN main bowl though but the fear of NNB was no longer there.

Actually it is Tita, i have heard him called that name by his friends, why i dont know.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

GIN wrote:
oloye wrote:

NNB would have set division 2 on fire with the caliber of players that were willing to play for the team prior to the disbandment.
Flash got disbanded at the end of 88, they were not sure of their fate at the time. Remember they played 89 as Bendel United. Osakwe washed his hands off after 88 season.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

GIN wrote:
oloye wrote:

I had my reservations at the time.. a number of the players were just sniffing around and were not really committed to the cause. A number if the bini guys (the super stars) I am not sure were really ready to play in Div 2. The kind of money they were asking for was one of the reasons why the bank suddenly woke up one morning and pulled off the plug on the team. When they presented the budget for prosecuting div two to the board, it was even more than the amount they used to prosecute div 1 and Wafu the previous season. It contributed to the demise of the club even though the bank went down too a couple of years later.

Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Wow....Welcome on board, Tunji :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
It's good to read all these posts from you and Oloye about my darling 3SC.
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
GIN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GIN »

oloye wrote:
GIN wrote:
oloye wrote:

Flash got disbanded at the end of 88, they were not sure of their fate at the time. Remember they played 89 as Bendel United. Osakwe washed his hands off after 88 season.
You are very correct, Flash got disbanded in 88.
“I have been waiting for this job for almost three years now and that was before the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I was to be the coach of the Super Eagles after the interview conducted for the job. But that time I said no, I wasn’t ready. Now that I am ready, I am not intimidated at all. I am ready for this job,” he declared matter-of-factly" http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/ ... m_ID=36099
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Oloye my in-law, seems like you're living out the salacious out of your story. Rumor has it you had a stall at Crisbo Hotel. Na true? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Kargamania
Egg
Egg

Post by Kargamania »

oloye wrote:
Wow! Tunji Adeyemi (UI/Flying Eagles) and Bolaji Douglas (Unilorin/Eagles) ! Legends of Shooting Stars and Olivet Heights. Strangely Oloye said he never played for Olivet when he was there but still a legend among Olivetians. Interestingly Olivet celebrates the 70th anniversary and global reunion this month in Oyo, Nigeria and Miami, USA. We need more posts from Shooting Star (Tunji Adeyemi) going forward :clap:
*By the way, Shooting's Kabiru Adejare, Mojeed Azeez and Mufutau Makinde were also at Olivet, snatched from some smaller schools.
But instead of going out of the pitch Odinga seized the card from referee Sabitu and flashed it back at the referee. It took the intervention of Sharks' assistant coach, Nduka Ndubuisi before the card was retrieved from the player and handed back to the referee.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Kargamania wrote:
oloye wrote:
Wow! Tunji Adeyemi (UI/Flying Eagles) and Bolaji Douglas (Unilorin/Eagles) ! Legends of Shooting Stars and Olivet Heights. Strangely Oloye said he never played for Olivet when he was there but still a legend among Olivetians. Interestingly Olivet celebrates the 70th anniversary and global reunion this month in Oyo, Nigeria and Miami, USA. We need more posts from Shooting Star (Tunji Adeyemi) going forward :clap:
*By the way, Shooting's Kabiru Adejare, Mojeed Azeez and Mufutau Makinde were also at Olivet, snatched from some smaller schools.
Shuo where did i say i never played for Olivet...did my A'levels there but did only lower 6 and played the Principals cup 81 was knocked out by Ogbomosho grammar school in the semis i think. Made the games games prefect/football captain, but left when i got admissions to the Uni through Jamb.

I played with Rushy Palaver, Sunny Ozimediebof blessed memory, Gbenga Odanye, Balasco, Galome to mention a few. :lol: I dont really see myself as an Olivetian because i did not graduate there. But i had a fabulous unforgettable time in the school and Oyo town in general.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Thunder wrote:Oloye my in-law, seems like you're living out the salacious out of your story. Rumor has it you had a stall at Crisbo Hotel. Na true? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Which one be Crisbo hotel, where that one dey? :lol:

megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

shooting stars wrote:How are you doing too Megapro. I would really like to know who you are.
Bros,

nothing do you. If you dey near Summerjam for Koln this weekend, we full there gidigba.

2 dozen years ago chei. Even when competition for spaces were fierce in that Oyo state NYSC team that had been training for a year, it was always a thrill and a big plus to know that Tunji was a fellow corper serving with us and would be brought to strengthen the team. When the Yorubas and Igbos were fighting for who should captain, late Ojebode handed the team to me.

If you remember the others, the bedrock of the team was the midfield comprising of Kekere (Anampoly), Lawson Ojeme (Uniben) and Augustus Onwumezue (Ife). You joined Myself, Kayode Dangling Oderinde (Yabatech), Cromwell and Enos Iyagbaye (Uniben) further upfield but played only 2 games in that Zonal prelims at the Liberty stadium; The 3:2 opener against Ondo and 2:1 win against Lagos feauturing Gbadebo Rasheed from the world university games. We however qualified for Abuja after beating wicked Osun and Ogun to represent the zone. Rashidi Yeking on hols was on the sidelines seeing those games.

In the last 6 at Abuja, we eliminated Sokoto, and Cross Rivers (Charles Ihiemekpen) and qualified for the final where we fell on penalty kicks to Benue. The coach added your name on the final squadlist of 18 -knowing you wont come- so 17 of us went. After doing Oyo proud by coming 2nd from 30 teams Gov Kolapo Ishola gave us better wad. Go and collect yours from Salami. :lol:

Pls make una ex profis here dey join Oloye in taking us back down the memory lane.
megapro 2012:
Keshi should be left alone to continue his program, and seriously has a chance of casting his name in gold
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

How come we do not have ex rangers boys who could tell us sweet stories about our beloved Rangers when they were kings of Nigerian football and every other team walk under their huge legs. Then I believed Rangers were invincible then.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

bully12 wrote:How come we do not have ex rangers boys who could tell us sweet stories about our beloved Rangers when they were kings of Nigerian football and every other team walk under their huge legs. Then I believed Rangers were invincible then.
I understand Emeka Amadi is on this site.

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

bully12 wrote:How come we do not have ex rangers boys who could tell us sweet stories about our beloved Rangers when they were kings of Nigerian football and every other team walk under their huge legs. Then I believed Rangers were invincible then.
Feel free to start a thread on a life as a supporters of a club which has not won a trophy in 30 years and we will all contribute.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

fabio wrote:
Feel free to start a thread on a life as a supporters of a club which has not won a trophy in 30 years and we will all contribute.
Heartless bro...very heartless!!

GIN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GIN »

Aswani wrote:

Ozogula left to join IICC in 85. Clement Temile came on board with IICC that year. IICC wahala prevented NNB from taking part in what would have been their third consecutive WAFU finals.
NNB went on to win the league after they were robbed in 84 by the crooked NFA.
shooting stars
Egg
Egg

Post by shooting stars »

I dey fine my brother. We thank God for his blessings. I saw a picture of you with Samuel Elijah in a Kwara football academy. If you still have contact with him
please extend my greetings to him. How time flies, here we are talking about events that took place over twenty years ago. Memories that could fill a book are coming
back to me. Olivet Oyo, Government College Ibadan, University of Ibadan, Nicoboard fc, Water Corporation of Ibadan, Shooting Stars of Ibadan, Concord fc. The many jeun jeuns both
in Oyo and Ibadan. If i happen to be in London this year, i will definitely try to get in contact with you. Stay blessed.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

oloye wrote:
I understand Emeka Amadi is on this site.
Emeka Amadi where are you? We are all ears to hear juicy and sweet stories about our all conquering Rangers. If you can't narrate the story like our Eagles nest Chinua Achebe / Wole combo, the future noble prize winner in literature none other than OUR OWN OLOYE contact him give him all the juicy stories about our darling Rangers I'm sure he will find a way to mesmerize us with them . Whatever you do please do not give them to Enugy II he will bore us with mean less statics from Jerico to Jerusalem . Though a reliable source claimed he was fan of that other club in coal city ! Rangers doorstep mats Vasco hence jealous will inhibit him to touch mighty UP Rangers stories.