RAHEEM STERLING

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: RAHEEM STERLING

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Prince wrote:The boy would do well, the guy is on his way to be the greatest UK player ever, thats not saying much but it would put all the haters to shame
Really disappointed to read all this stuff but I understand. Fans are pained and angry with him but they vent their spleen on the wrong person. Liverpool made their mistakes in this saga and lost a highly promising young player. It is not Sterling fault someone has paid 49m for him. Why have a go at him for what he cannot control.

On the player's part. You guys just do not understand. Sterling was born in one of the worst ghettos in Jamaica, his father was shot dead (murdered) when he was 4 years old, his mum had enough and left to England when he was 5 years old.

Presented with football as an opportunity to better his family, the boy has taken every chance given to him. The City chance has made him financially, now we will see the kid deliver on the pitch. He has shown he is a tough cookie throughout this saga and he will show everyone how goo he is going to be at City. My regret is we did not sign him. But where will we put him even if we could compete with City.
If you are long enough on CE u will see folks reinvent themselves many times over.

Imagine Waffiman lecturing people about players. The same guy who admitted he would throw bananas at Adebayor...
Ahem! txj, stop clutching at straws. I'm not lecturing anyone about players. I have stated many a time I did not support or like Sterling behaviour towards Liverpool and its fans. I have also condemned the player and his Agent for their tactics. No football person condoned the actions of Sterling and his Agent.

However my point still stands, Liverpool were no saints in the whole saga, they made mistakes. I know as an Arsenal fan who saw the club lose its best players season after season the frustration and disappointment can reflect itself as anger. Yes! Many of us are enjoying it all just like many (including you txj) of you Liverpool fans goaded and taunted Arsenal fans when we went through the same.

I am just saying it like it is and I know youLiverpool fans do not like it but I understand, the fact that I am telling some bitter home truths dos not mean I support the player, far from it, I actually condemn his tactics and actions in getting his move. I'm afraid, I am still going to keep banging in bitter home truths no matter how painful it reads.

Liverpool got the money they wanted but we all know, it is not what you get, it is how you spend it. Arsenal fans with any ounce of intelligence and sense are so grateful for Wenger, how he kept Arsenal in the top 4 when he sold all his best players is nothing short of amazing. But Liverpool have dropped out of the top 4 because they have failed to spend wisely, just look at how they spent the Suarez money. Maybe, the players will come good this season but I doubt it. Moreover, they continue to make mistakes, the way they handled the Sterling contract saga is a clear manifestation of this.

The 1st mistake was missing the trick with regards to the timing of offering the player contract. They should have offered Sterling a contract when they were on that run which saw them come agonisingly close to winning the league. They offered Sturridge a contract but not Sterling, why? The layer himself has said he would have signed a contract if he was offered the contract then.

The next being the Manager coming out and speaking about the contract the way he did. He made the position of the contractual negotiations public and the main negative effect was the anger towards Raheem for refusing to sign the contract. Ex-Liverpool players especially and fans went to town on the player as they felt hurt by Sterling actions. It was like Sterling had no right to refuse Liverpool and who was he to do so? Sadly this was the tone set by the Manager's interview and the player was effectively being bullied.

The player responded with his interview, when it was better he kept quiet. The player's Agent gave more inflammatory interviews and the Liverpool ex-players went into over drive. Meanwhile, both sides were leaking all sorts of information in what became a pathetic propaganda war. The whole thing had spiral out of control.

The patronising of Sterling by Rodgers and Liverpool supporters by telling him where is best for him to develop his career. It was like Sterling had no say because he must stay at Liverpool or else his development will stop and his career is doomed. The idea that only Liverpool can continue to improve the player as if there are no other clubs that can also coach and develop players was just too ridiculous for words. When I heard Liverpool people recite this mantra, I just could not get where they got off. The choice of Sterling's career is not theirs to make, it is for the player to decide, but it was like he had no say. Sterling is more than talented to go to any club and succeed, they only thing that will defeat him is if the club he joins does not play a system that maximises his talents. But at 20, Sterling still has another chance to go to another club for far less money if it does not work out at City, so the player had nothing to lose by joining City and that is what matters.

There was also what I saw as the hypocritical attitude of the Liverpool supporters. Those condemning and castigating Sterling whilst forgetting this time last year a player who wanted to join them called Lovren did exactly what Sterling was now doing. How many of these Liverpool supporter or ex-players saw the actions of Lovren as abhorrent to Southampton? But they are quick to condemn Sterling. Another point of hypocrisy was Milner, like Sterling he refused to sign the contract City offered him. We know Liverpool approached the player long before his contract with City expired, we know City were not happy with Liverpool's actions. Indeed, when you listen to radio phone ins here in England, City supporters kept on bringing up this point about how Liverpool tapped up Milner and were instrumental in him refusing to sign the contract City offered him. So why are Liverpool complaining when they are now being bitten by the game they played. We Arsenal fans are fully aware that Liverpool approached and offered Theo Walcott a contract before he re-signed for Arsenal. So it is hypocritical for Liverpool to complain when their club has done exactly the same thing.

There is also this arrogance of Liverpool supporters which in the current circumstances is grossly misplaced. Putting the money aspect aside and I must stress that for Sterling this is all about money and nothing else. Liverpool supporters do not seem to have gotten with the program, they are still deluded thinking they belong at the upper table of English football when the reality says this is far from being the case.

Liverpool cannot offer CL football and they cannot offer silly money like ManU did last season to regain a top 4 spot, so they cannot shop at the top tier for talent, they also cannot keep their best players should they wish to leave for reasons stated above and of course, the fact that they are also not winning silverware is another huge hindrance. So why are Liverpool supporters so bereft of reality? Notwithstanding Serling's actions which I condemn, why should they expect Sterling to sign the contract they offered him? At least we Arsenal fans always felt hard done by when we were losing our best players because we were in the CL and have under Wenger been up there are a top team in England, what we did not have was the money and silverware, but we were competing with the best in Europe.

Liverpool supporters must come to terms with what many Arsenal fans did. Your history, reputation means nothing to Agents and the modern day footballer, what counts is money, money, money. Lots and lots of money, money, money. When you also cannot offer CL football and have not won silverware in recent seasons, then you have little or no chance in keeping your best players. Expecting Raheem to ignore the Sterling being offered by City, when as a club you have none of the key attributes the modern player considers as paramount, was grandiose delusion perpetrated by Rodgers, Liverpool ex-players and fans.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Seems clear you either did not watch a young or Older Ckpolo Eyes. And if you did, had no clue of what you were watching :woot: :woot:
Yeah, I was watching his twin :???:
Thanks for reminding me...

Again list the dimensions nah? :woot: :woot: :woot: I just dey follow the point wey you make or are you now backtracking :woot: :woot: :woot: Who knows i might even agree with you :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Waffiman wrote:
There was also what I saw as the hypocritical attitude of the Liverpool supporters. Those condemning and castigating Sterling whilst forgetting this time last year a player who wanted to join them called Lovren did exactly what Sterling was now doing. How many of these Liverpool supporter or ex-players saw the actions of Lovren as abhorrent to Southampton? But they are quick to condemn Sterling. On point of hypocrisy was Milner, like Sterling he refused to sign the contract City offered him. We know Liverpool approached the player long before his contract with City expired, we know City were not happy with Liverpool's actions. Indeed, when you listen to radio phone ins here in England, City supporters kept on bringing up this point about how Liverpool tapped up Milner and were instrumental in him refusing to sign the contract City offered him. So why are Liverpool complaining when they are now being bitten by the game they played. We Arsenal fans are fully aware that Liverpool approached and offered Theo Walcott a contract before he re-signed for Arsenal. So it is hypocritical for Liverpool to complain when their club has done exactly the same thing.
Players agitate to join liverpool because of "ambition", only greedy players with no respect for the club want to leave.
© "The world according to liverpool fans"
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

anikulapo wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Seems clear you either did not watch a young or Older Ckpolo Eyes. And if you did, had no clue of what you were watching :woot: :woot:

Again list the dimensions nah? :woot: :woot: :woot: I just dey follow the point wey you make or are you now backtracking :woot: :woot: :woot: Who knows i might even agree with you :taunt: :taunt:
Abeg, my brother, no agree with me. You don't need to.
This conversation's going nowhere.
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Prince wrote:The boy would do well, the guy is on his way to be the greatest UK player ever, thats not saying much but it would put all the haters to shame
Really disappointed to read all this stuff but I understand. Fans are pained and angry with him but they vent their spleen on the wrong person. Liverpool made their mistakes in this saga and lost a highly promising young player. It is not Sterling fault someone has paid 49m for him. Why have a go at him for what he cannot control.

On the player's part. You guys just do not understand. Sterling was born in one of the worst ghettos in Jamaica, his father was shot dead (murdered) when he was 4 years old, his mum had enough and left to England when he was 5 years old.

Presented with football as an opportunity to better his family, the boy has taken every chance given to him. The City chance has made him financially, now we will see the kid deliver on the pitch. He has shown he is a tough cookie throughout this saga and he will show everyone how goo he is going to be at City. My regret is we did not sign him. But where will we put him even if we could compete with City.
If you are long enough on CE u will see folks reinvent themselves many times over.

Imagine Waffiman lecturing people about players. The same guy who admitted he would throw bananas at Adebayor...
Ahem! txj, stop clutching at straws. I'm not lecturing anyone about players. I have stated many a time I did not support or like Sterling behaviour towards Liverpool and its fans. I have also condemned the player and his Agent for their tactics. No football person condoned the actions of Sterling and his Agent.

However my point still stands, Liverpool were no saints in the whole saga, they made mistakes. I know as an Arsenal fan who saw the club lose its best players season after season the frustration and disappointment can reflect itself as anger. Yes! Many of us are enjoying it all just like many (including you txj) of you Liverpool fans goaded and taunted Arsenal fans when we went through the same.

I am just saying it like it is and I know youLiverpool fans do not like it but I understand, the fact that I am telling some bitter home truths dos not mean I support the player, far from it, I actually condemn his tactics and actions in getting his move. I'm afraid, I am still going to keep banging in bitter home truths no matter how painful it reads.

Ask yourself this: why did LFC fans not similarly attack Suarez when he wanted out, considering the he actually disgraced the club several times, unlike Sterling?

Like I said, I could care less about this subject. My only interest is to debunk ur serial misrepresentations! And for the record, I never goaded Arsenal fans in similar situation. You should know, I don't like English football enough to care....

But given ur antecedents, esp wrt Adebayor, u should be the last person going on about the idiotic response of some LFC fans....

Liverpool got the money they wanted but we all know, it is not what you get, it is how you spend it. Arsenal fans with any ounce of intelligence and sense are so grateful for Wenger, how he kept Arsenal in the top 4 when he sold all his best players is nothing short of amazing. But Liverpool have dropped out of the top 4 because they have failed to spend wisely, just look at how they spent the Suarez money. Maybe, the players will come good this season but I doubt it. Moreover, they continue to make mistakes, the way they handled the Sterling contract saga is a clear manifestation of this.

The 1st mistake was missing the trick with regards to the timing of offering the player contract. They should have offered Sterling a contract when they were on that run which saw them come agonisingly close to winning the league. They offered Sturridge a contract but not Sterling, why? The layer himself has said he would have signed a contract if he was offered the contract then.

The next being the Manager coming out and speaking about the contract the way he did. He made the position of the contractual negotiations public and the main negative effect was the anger towards Raheem for refusing to sign the contract. Ex-Liverpool players especially and fans went to town on the player as they felt hurt by Sterling actions. It was like Sterling had no right to refuse Liverpool and who was he to do so? Sadly this was the tone set by the Manager's interview and the player was effectively being bullied.

Again this is where u repeatedly doctor the truth. The audio of the interview is right there on BBC yet u are parsing his words and presenting urself as a speech therapist!

The manager said the player had been offered a very generous contract. He never offered details of what amounted to a 'very generous contract'.

The player responded with his interview, when it was better he kept quiet. The player's Agent gave more inflammatory interviews and the Liverpool ex-players went into over drive. Meanwhile, both sides were leaking all sorts of information in what became a pathetic propaganda war. The whole thing had spiral out of control.

The patronising of Sterling by Rodgers and Liverpool supporters by telling him where is best for him to develop his career. It was like Sterling had no say because he must stay at Liverpool or else his development will stop and his career is doomed. The idea that only Liverpool can continue to improve the player as if there are no other clubs that can also coach and develop players was just too ridiculous for words. When I heard Liverpool people recite this mantra, I just could not get where they got off. The choice of Sterling's career is not theirs to make, it is for the player to decide, but it was like he had no say. Sterling is more than talented to go to any club and succeed, they only thing that will defeat him is if the club he joins does not play a system that maximises his talents. But at 20, Sterling still has another chance to go to another club for far less money if it does not work out at City, so the player had nothing to lose by joining City and that is what matters.

There was also what I saw as the hypocritical attitude of the Liverpool supporters. Those condemning and castigating Sterling whilst forgetting this time last year a player who wanted to join them called Lovren did exactly what Sterling was now doing. How many of these Liverpool supporter or ex-players saw the actions of Lovren as abhorrent to Southampton? But they are quick to condemn Sterling. Another point of hypocrisy was Milner, like Sterling he refused to sign the contract City offered him. We know Liverpool approached the player long before his contract with City expired, we know City were not happy with Liverpool's actions. Indeed, when you listen to radio phone ins here in England, City supporters kept on bringing up this point about how Liverpool tapped up Milner and were instrumental in him refusing to sign the contract City offered him. So why are Liverpool complaining when they are now being bitten by the game they played. We Arsenal fans are fully aware that Liverpool approached and offered Theo Walcott a contract before he re-signed for Arsenal. So it is hypocritical for Liverpool to complain when their club has done exactly the same thing.

Once again, Milner's contract was at an end. LFC was not offering him more money than City. Think about that b/4 the hypocrisy talk. This is the case of a player who genuinely wanted out. It had nothing to do with tapping up or money.

There is also this arrogance of Liverpool supporters which in the current circumstances is grossly misplaced. Putting the money aspect aside and I must stress that for Sterling this is all about money and nothing else. Liverpool supporters do not seem to have gotten with the program, they are still deluded thinking they belong at the upper table of English football when the reality says this is far from being the case.

Liverpool cannot offer CL football and they cannot offer silly money like ManU did last season to regain a top 4 spot, so they cannot shop at the top tier for talent, they also cannot keep their best players should they wish to leave for reasons stated above and of course, the fact that they are also not winning silverware is another huge hindrance. So why are Liverpool supporters so bereft of reality? Notwithstanding Serling's actions which I condemn, why should they expect Sterling to sign the contract they offered him? At least we Arsenal fans always felt hard done by when we were losing our best players because we were in the CL and have under Wenger been up there are a top team in England, what we did not have was the money and silverware, but we were competing with the best in Europe.

Liverpool supporters must come to terms with what many Arsenal fans did. Your history, reputation means nothing to Agents and the modern day footballer, what counts is money, money, money. Lots and lots of money, money, money. When you also cannot offer CL football and have not won silverware in recent seasons, then you have little or no chance in keeping your best players. Expecting Raheem to ignore the Sterling being offered by City, when as a club you have none of the key attributes the modern player considers as paramount, was grandiose delusion perpetrated by Rodgers, Liverpool ex-players and fans.

Again, the issue with the fans is not with Sterling wanting out. Its the manner he went about it. The rest of your epistle above is really irrelevant.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Waffiman wrote: There was also what I saw as the hypocritical attitude of the Liverpool supporters. Those condemning and castigating Sterling whilst forgetting this time last year a player who wanted to join them called Lovren did exactly what Sterling was now doing. How many of these Liverpool supporter or ex-players saw the actions of Lovren as abhorrent to Southampton? But they are quick to condemn Sterling.
kpom.

Pool fans thinking they swindled City and calling Raheem a so-so player lol. They were going on about how he was WC last season

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

txj, what of the Robbie Keane saga? Have you forgotten how Liverpool tried to unsettle Jermaine Defoe at Spurs? Abeg lets not throw stones. At that level, we have plenti boku examples of how clubs shaft one another. I remember when Roman wanted to rob Spurs - he took Frank Arnesen and even tried as low as our ground keeper ...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Ask yourself this: why did LFC fans not similarly attack Suarez when he wanted out, considering the he actually disgraced the club several times, unlike Sterling?

Like I said, I could care less about this subject. My only interest is to debunk ur serial misrepresentations! And for the record, I never goaded Arsenal fans in similar situation. You should know, I don't like English football enough to care....

But given ur antecedents, esp wrt Adebayor, u should be the last person going on about the idiotic response of some LFC fans....

Again this is where u repeatedly doctor the truth. The audio of the interview is right there on BBC yet u are parsing his words and presenting urself as a speech therapist!

The manager said the player had been offered a very generous contract. He never offered details of what amounted to a 'very generous contract'.

Once again, Milner's contract was at an end. LFC was not offering him more money than City. Think about that b/4 the hypocrisy talk. This is the case of a player who genuinely wanted out. It had nothing to do with tapping up or money.

Again, the issue with the fans is not with Sterling wanting out. Its the manner he went about it. The rest of your epistle above is really irrelevant.
txj, I have made my points and I'm done on this matter. Sterling has gone to City and he is a very happy rich man. Liverpool have lost another one of their best players and will need to find a replacement. This is the key. If the money is spent wisely and a replacement as good or better comes in, then it's all good for Liverpool. But recent track record in the transfer market suggests otherwise.

Losing their best players has impacted on Liverpool negatively in the grand scheme of where the club wants to be. This suggests Liverpool will be better off keeping their best players instead of selling. This is why for now, the money in the bank is of no use to Liverpool, they are better off having the player.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Waffiman wrote:
Losing their best players has impacted on Liverpool negatively in the grand scheme of where the club wants to be. This suggests Liverpool will be better off keeping their best players instead of selling. This is why for now, the money in the bank is of no use to Liverpool, they are better off having the player.
Raheem Sterling is eminently replaceable.

Suarez was not.
Torres (at his sale) was not.

Mascherano, Alonso, et al, were not replaceable.

Reason 'Pool mourned the exit of those players, and subsequently suffered for their exit.

Raheem Sterling's exit will not have similar impact, because reality is his leaving 'Pool leaves no vacuum.
The money is good business for 'Pool; good business for City ONLY if Sterling does well there.

Its a no-brainer for 'Pool at 49million pounds. City has taken a mighty gamble.
- Bill Shankly
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Abeg, my brother, no agree with me. You don't need to.
This conversation's going nowhere.
Ol boy nothing spoil ... But I am here to tell you that Ozil was and will always be a one dimensional wanker, so what's good for the goose is equally good for the gander. :idea: Cheers
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Suarez was not.

Reason 'Pool mourned the exit of those players, and subsequently suffered for their exit.

Raheem Sterling's exit will not have similar impact, because reality is his leaving 'Pool leaves no vacuum.
The money is good business for 'Pool; good business for City ONLY if Sterling does well there.

My brother, to be brutally honest, most top class players are not replaceable. It is how you recruit and rebuild to negate the loss of what they gave the team the defines the way forward from their departure. For example, Wenger has never replaced any of his great players, what he has done is to bring in a player or players, slightly tinker or even rebuild the team system and tactics to get the best of the player(s) that have come in, with the consequence of attaining results which suggests the player who has gone has been replaced. This is what Liverpool have failed to do so far with the money from Suarez sale.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Waffiman wrote: My brother, to be brutally honest, most top class players are not replaceable. It is how you recruit and rebuild to negate the loss of what they gave the team the defines the way forward from their departure. For example, Wenger has never replaced any of his great players, what he has done is to bring in a player or players, slightly tinker or even rebuild the team system and tactics to get the best of the player(s) that have come in, with the consequence of attaining results which suggests the player who has gone has been replaced. This is what Liverpool have failed to do so far with the money from Suarez sale.
Absolutely true.
And that's the credit sufficiently not paid to Wenger. Managing the bleeding of top players at Arsenal for almost a decade.

Yet, no long ago, Wenger bore the brunt of attack from Arsenal fans for 'under-achievement'.

That's why the swords are out for Rodgers at Liverpool.
Because, the reality is Sterling can't be his excuse for failure, as Sterling doesn't presently fall into the category of a top-class player.
- Bill Shankly
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Suarez was not.

My brother, to be brutally honest, most top class players are not replaceable. It is how you recruit and rebuild to negate the loss of what they gave the team the defines the way forward from their departure. For example, Wenger has never replaced any of his great players, what he has done is to bring in a player or players, slightly tinker or even rebuild the team system and tactics to get the best of the player(s) that have come in, with the consequence of attaining results which suggests the player who has gone has been replaced. This is what Liverpool have failed to do so far with the money from Suarez sale.
First of all, Liverpool's failure last season was PRIMARILY not from failing to replace Suarez, but failing to keep Sturridge fit. As u rightly noted, top players are irreplaceable. But the loss of Suarez was to be mitigated by Sturridge. It his absence that most impacted LFC's ability to replace Suarez on the field last season.

2nd, Sterling was not Liverpool's best player last season. That was Coutinho. As the squad stands today, LFC do not need to directly replace Sterling. In any case, losing ur best player is not always a bad thing. As Jurgen Klopp brilliantly noted, it is also an opportunity to reinvent the team...

3rd, it is often a mistake to judge the impact of players after a season, as u of all peeps should know. You saw that clearly with Ramsey and lately Coquelin. We've seen that with Henderson. The fact is players settle into teams differently. Some of the signings, esp the young ones like Markovic, who is just 21, might well turn out to be flops, but I think it is too early to make definitive statements...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
femibyte
Egg
Egg

Post by femibyte »

You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
femibyte
Egg
Egg

Post by femibyte »

metalalloy wrote:
Less busy Liverpool Haters abound, kai !! :sneaky:
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

femibyte wrote:Image
This is why people look at your club like the idiots they are.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Hasn't Liverpool bought Benteke yet?

MLK.
femibyte
Egg
Egg

Post by femibyte »

kalani JR wrote:
femibyte wrote:Image
This is why people look at your club like the idiots they are.
I guess you mean the people looking. :laugh:
If you can't get a joke. Schmuck :? #TheHateIsReal
#QuitThePoolHating...
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cristao II wrote:txj, what of the Robbie Keane saga? Have you forgotten how Liverpool tried to unsettle Jermaine Defoe at Spurs? Abeg lets not throw stones. At that level, we have plenti boku examples of how clubs shaft one another. I remember when Roman wanted to rob Spurs - he took Frank Arnesen and even tried as low as our ground keeper ...
Spurs sold Keane to Liverpool with little fuss, and then took him back...LFC was never interested in Defoe.

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

metalalloy wrote:
the vitriol thrown Sterling's way by ESPN hacks this past month has been unreal

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

tfco wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
the vitriol thrown Sterling's way by ESPN hacks this past month has been unreal

Lets deal with facts for a moment and not the Waffileaks.

1. The issue is not that LFC is the only place RS can develop. The issue raised is that he is better able to develop at LFC given the full context of his situation.

2. the fact is that RS developmental graph far outstrips players who can be considered his peers and who STARTED BEFORE him like Scot Sinclair, Ox Chamberlain, Serge Gnabry and arguably Theo Walcott..

3. The history of young players at City further reinforces the case.

4. Facts are such stubborn things. They simply refuse to be patronized....however much u try to put it thru the wringer of waffileaks!

Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Suarez was not.

I salute.

Replaceable by who though? Just curious? I am not happy to see Pool lose him as this weakens them but Benteke can definitely help. But Christian is not Raheem. I consider Raheem a special talent - who can influence games very easily with his movement and pace.

City has gain a key player in making them a co favs to win the EPL. I will say Chelsea and City now have to looked at the the favs.
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif