RAHEEM STERLING

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg
Re: RAHEEM STERLING

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Catalyst wrote:
I salute.

Replaceable by who though? Just curious? I am not happy to see Pool lose him as this weakens them but Benteke can definitely help. But Christian is not Raheem. I consider Raheem a special talent - who can influence games very easily with his movement and pace.

City has gain a key player in making them a co favs to win the EPL. I will say Chelsea and City now have to looked at the the favs.
Benteke seems not to be 'Pool fans preferred buy, and its easy to see why.
'Pool fans wonder how Benteke fits into a Rodgers' system that seems not to accommodate a conventional front man who thrives on deliveries from wide men.
Only Rodgers can answer why he wants Benteke.

Raheem is a special talent, but he hasn't "arrived" yet. A Game-changer?
I humbly beg to differ. Still too many rough edges in his game. Still too inconsistent.

An irreplaceable player, in my opinion, is that player whom the team relies on week in week out.
That's the player who keeps a team perpetually in the hunt for success, either by extraordinary individual efforts, or by affecting team-mates in such a manner that they perform above their individual abilities.

Was Raheem Sterling that player for 'Pool?
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^That good fellow, was Luis Suarez.
femibyte
Egg
Egg

Post by femibyte »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
Catalyst wrote:
I salute.

Replaceable by who though? Just curious? I am not happy to see Pool lose him as this weakens them but Benteke can definitely help. But Christian is not Raheem. I consider Raheem a special talent - who can influence games very easily with his movement and pace.

City has gain a key player in making them a co favs to win the EPL. I will say Chelsea and City now have to looked at the the favs.
'Pool fans wonder how Benteke fits into a Rodgers' system that seems not to accommodate a conventional front man who thrives on deliveries from wide men.

I humbly beg to differ. Still too many rough edges in his game. Still too inconsistent.

An irreplaceable player, in my opinion, is that player whom the team relies on week in week out.
That's the player who keeps a team perpetually in the hunt for success, either by extraordinary individual efforts, or by affecting team-mates in such a manner that they perform above their individual abilities.

The only reason I can see is that Rodgers feels that he can convert Benteke to fit into the Pool system. I am skeptical about this as he wasn't able to do so with Balo.
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

femibyte wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
Catalyst wrote:
I salute.

The only reason I can see is that Rodgers feels that he can convert Benteke to fit into the Pool system. I am skeptical about this as he wasn't able to do so with Balo.
why are you skeptical, he is a pretty fast player who works hard and is also good on the counter.

he will be a good buy for pool
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

txj wrote:2. the fact is that RS developmental graph far outstrips players who can be considered his peers and who STARTED BEFORE him like Scot Sinclair, Ox Chamberlain, Serge Gnabry and arguably Theo Walcott..
This is a strong point....

....but.....
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

femibyte wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
Catalyst wrote:
I salute.

Its not about converting Benteke to the Liverpool system. Its really about adapting the system to his strengths.

I think the mistake many make, notably coach here, is failure to recognize that dynamism in attack can flow from technical skills and the brilliant spontaneity of a Suarez, as well as from the structured movement of a power forward like Benteke, and the ability to create space by sheer physical presence in occupying defenders.

It then means that tactics is adapted with this as reference, wrt the movement of those around him to take the space vacated...

The big weakness he has wrt Liverpool and which will need to be addressed is improving his understanding of channels between the lines and the timing of his runs.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Catalyst wrote:
txj wrote:2. the fact is that RS developmental graph far outstrips players who can be considered his peers and who STARTED BEFORE him like Scot Sinclair, Ox Chamberlain, Serge Gnabry and arguably Theo Walcott..

....but.....
Absolute rubbish. He conveniently mentions players at Arsenals which injury have negated their progress. Gantry has not played for a season and half for injures. Theo we all know, Ox the same. If these players had stayed injury free, then we talk. Why no mention of Bellerin's developmental graph?. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote:
Catalyst wrote:

....but.....
Absolute rubbish. He conveniently mentions players at Arsenals which injury have negated their progress. Gantry has not played for a season and half for injures. Theo we all know, Ox the same. If these players had stayed injury free, then we talk. Why no mention of Bellerin's developmental graph?. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He and Bellerin don't play in the same position and u know that! You really should stop with ur waffileaks thingy...

Yes injury has a role, but besides that is a cold truth. What Rogers did for Sterling, few have done as successfully with English players. At a crucial period in his development he made him, not simply a typical English player with pace and verticality, but a rounded footballer, able to play between the lines, something Walcott has intermittently struggled to imbibe, in spite of having a huge head start on Sterling.

Injuries aside, when the likes of Theo, Ox, and Gnabry have been fit, the evidence is they have not evolved from the stereotype, esp the latter two...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Oga txj,did you attend some coaching course?You dey give some sweet jix every now and then.
Where is the thread about you and coach talking tactics?
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

txj wrote:
tfco wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
The patronising of Sterling by Rodgers and Liverpool supporters by telling him where is best for him to develop his career. It was like Sterling had no say because he must stay at Liverpool or else his development will stop and his career is doomed. The idea that only Liverpool can continue to improve the player as if there are no other clubs that can also coach and develop players was just too ridiculous for words. When I heard Liverpool people recite this mantra, I just could not get where they got off. The choice of Sterling's career is not theirs to make, it is for the player to decide, but it was like he had no say. Sterling is more than talented to go to any club and succeed, they only thing that will defeat him is if the club he joins does not play a system that maximises his talents. But at 20, Sterling still has another chance to go to another club for far less money if it does not work out at City, so the player had nothing to lose by joining City and that is what matters.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
the vitriol thrown Sterling's way by ESPN hacks this past month has been unreal

Lets deal with facts for a moment and not the Waffileaks.

1. The issue is not that LFC is the only place RS can develop. The issue raised is that he is better able to develop at LFC given the full context of his situation.

2. the fact is that RS developmental graph far outstrips players who can be considered his peers and who STARTED BEFORE him like Scot Sinclair, Ox Chamberlain, Serge Gnabry and arguably Theo Walcott..

3. The history of young players at City further reinforces the case.

4. Facts are such stubborn things. They simply refuse to be patronized....however much u try to put it thru the wringer of waffileaks!
How did you reach this conclusion? It is not the same conditions. Injuries and coaches involved coupled with personnel available in each team varies. How much of a chance were each given and who were they fighting against for such chances. At the same age, and using same number of game as your parameter, can you post their statistics ?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cito wrote:
txj wrote:
tfco wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
The patronising of Sterling by Rodgers and Liverpool supporters by telling him where is best for him to develop his career. It was like Sterling had no say because he must stay at Liverpool or else his development will stop and his career is doomed. The idea that only Liverpool can continue to improve the player as if there are no other clubs that can also coach and develop players was just too ridiculous for words. When I heard Liverpool people recite this mantra, I just could not get where they got off. The choice of Sterling's career is not theirs to make, it is for the player to decide, but it was like he had no say. Sterling is more than talented to go to any club and succeed, they only thing that will defeat him is if the club he joins does not play a system that maximises his talents. But at 20, Sterling still has another chance to go to another club for far less money if it does not work out at City, so the player had nothing to lose by joining City and that is what matters.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
the vitriol thrown Sterling's way by ESPN hacks this past month has been unreal

Lets deal with facts for a moment and not the Waffileaks.

1. The issue is not that LFC is the only place RS can develop. The issue raised is that he is better able to develop at LFC given the full context of his situation.

2. the fact is that RS developmental graph far outstrips players who can be considered his peers and who STARTED BEFORE him like Scot Sinclair, Ox Chamberlain, Serge Gnabry and arguably Theo Walcott..

3. The history of young players at City further reinforces the case.

4. Facts are such stubborn things. They simply refuse to be patronized....however much u try to put it thru the wringer of waffileaks!
How did you reach this conclusion? It is not the same conditions. Injuries and coaches involved coupled with personnel available in each team varies. How much of a chance were each given and who were they fighting against for such chances. At the same age, and using same number of game as your parameter, can you post their statistics ?
I'm pretty sure u can check it out for yourself on whoscored. But that's not really what I'm talking about

Its the development curve that saw Sterling move from an academy prodigy to a 49m pound player within three seasons.

PLUS his understanding of the game in terms of how he deploys his technique to advance the team game, not just as a typical vertical player 'with pace to burn', providing crosses and all, but as a rounded playmaker...

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

8 pages because of one Player?

Is he Edison Arantes de Nascimento or what?

WTF
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

LFC handled the situation well.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Prince wrote:The boy would do well, the guy is on his way to be the greatest UK player ever, thats not saying much but it would put all the haters to shame
I called it in 2015, see Coach, TXJ and co
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
Prince wrote:The boy would do well, the guy is on his way to be the greatest UK player ever, thats not saying much but it would put all the haters to shame
Sterling is a good player; but I never saw what the hype was all about:
Can't strike a ball.
Can't thread a pass.
Makes the wrong critical decision 8 times out of 10.
Average ball control.

Sure, he's only 20. But I watched Messi at 20. No, Hazard at 20. Ozil at 19.
Hell, I even saw Mikel at 20.
Those 3 premium factors that portend greatness were all there.

One-dimensional dribbling & speed make good entertainment, but not great players. Unfortunately, the British game cherish those two skills. Reason why SWP, Walcott, et al earned so much hype.
That's why the British game falters at the world stage.

Sterling is a good player, but not worth anywhere near 49million pounds.
That is a value for great players.
Rubbish
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Prince wrote:[/video]

Raheem killed it here :D :D

Seriously british people are crazy
Been a fan
Oya back to the matter
open and close
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Prince wrote:

Been a fan
The boy has always been quality. If he was rubbish Liverpool fans wouldnt have been so bothered that he left. Was gutted when he did but good luck to him. He has worked hard and deserves it.

But life is hard o... :ohmy:
Christian Nanetti (born 12 November 1991) is an Italian semi-professional footballer who plays for National League South side Welling United as a forward.

After starting his career at Queens Park Rangers, he has also featured for Raith Rovers, Ashford Town, Harrow Borough, Lewes, AFC Wimbledon, Havant & Waterlooville, Dover Athletic, Whitehawk, Walton Casuals, East Grinstead Town, Welling United and Cork City.
YNWA
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Still dishing hunble pies to all and sundry :laugh: :laugh:

Vinnie Jones has admitted he was wrong about Raheem Sterling after watching the winger shine for Manchester City this season, and for his role in their 6-1 demolition of Southampton.

Jones was heavily critical of Sterling during the World Cup, where the winger split fan opinion over his performances.

The 23-year-old was seen as one of the Three Lions’ top performers by some, but others berated the forward his poor finishing as he failed to score a goal.

During the tournament Jones blasted the forward as mediocre and sensationally told talkSPORT: ‘If Sterling didn’t have pace, he would be playing for Exeter’.

But the footballer-turned-Hollywood star has taken it all back after watching the England ace’s performance against the Saints on Sunday.

Sterling has answered his critics with some outstanding performances since England’s fourth-place finish in Russia.Vinnie Jones has admitted he was wrong about Raheem Sterling after watching the winger shine for Manchester City this season, and for his role in their 6-1 demolition of Southampton.

Jones was heavily critical of Sterling during the World Cup, where the winger split fan opinion over his performances.

The 23-year-old was seen as one of the Three Lions’ top performers by some, but others berated the forward his poor finishing as he failed to score a goal.

During the tournament Jones blasted the forward as mediocre and sensationally told talkSPORT: ‘If Sterling didn’t have pace, he would be playing for Exeter’.

But the footballer-turned-Hollywood star has taken

He ended a three-year England goal drought with a brace in the UEFA Nations League win over Spain, and his double against Southampton took his Man City tally for the season to six.

Speaking on Monday’s Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, Jones said: “I had a go at Sterling at the World Cup and I’ve got to say, what a performance yesterday, he was absolutely fantastic.

“There was one where he’s got clattered by the defender, he’s shaken it off, he’s played it in, kept running and scored the goal.

“I just take my hat off to him.

“If he plays like that for England we’re going to get stronger and stronger.

“It showed how good he is, it was one of the best performances I’ve ever seen from him, so fair play to him.

“He was absolutely brilliant.”

https://talksport.com/football/442026/v ... ster-city/
YNWA
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Sterling :clap: :clap: better than any of the British guys playing similar position.One of the best winger in the game.His game has really improved under Pep.I think he is the best England player now
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

kajifu wrote:Sterling :clap: :clap: better than any of the British guys playing similar position.One of the best winger in the game.His game has really improved under Pep.I think he is the best England player now
Well said my brother :thumbs: For me sterling has been englands best player for at least three years now. Him and rushford are the only two england players I feel scared when they have the ball and england are attacking
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Samora Machel wrote:
kajifu wrote:Sterling :clap: :clap: better than any of the British guys playing similar position.One of the best winger in the game.His game has really improved under Pep.I think he is the best England player now
Well said my brother :thumbs: For me sterling has been englands best player for at least three years now. Him and rushford are the only two england players I feel scared when they have the ball and england are attacking

Why would you be scared? Are England playing Zimbabwe any time soon?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

balo wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:

Why would you be scared? Are England playing Zimbabwe any time soon?
He's part of ABEG crew
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Na wa oh!! Hard to believe that kid could not make the team at Ordinary QPR
heavyd wrote:
Prince wrote:

Been a fan
The boy has always been quality. If he was rubbish Liverpool fans wouldnt have been so bothered that he left. Was gutted when he did but good luck to him. He has worked hard and deserves it.

But life is hard o... :ohmy:
Christian Nanetti (born 12 November 1991) is an Italian semi-professional footballer who plays for National League South side Welling United as a forward.

After starting his career at Queens Park Rangers, he has also featured for Raith Rovers, Ashford Town, Harrow Borough, Lewes, AFC Wimbledon, Havant & Waterlooville, Dover Athletic, Whitehawk, Walton Casuals, East Grinstead Town, Welling United and Cork City.