So, Anthony Martial Scored 20 min into EPL debut too....?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
So, Anthony Martial Scored 20 min into EPL debut too....?

Post by Kabalega »

And 19 year old, left 3 defenders, no 4 defenders and the goalie stranded. :shock:
Fellaini just froze and stared in awe. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You cannot make this up! :D

There is no league like the EPL and there is only one EPL, one in which new comers score 20 min into their debuts .... the best league in the World! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34160795
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: So, Anthony Martial Scored 20 min into EPL debut too....

Post by Nkume »

Chei this guy na Henry.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

Kabalega,

What do you think of how Martial played today?
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Catalyst wrote:Kabalega,

What do I think? Hmm that's a tough one....

Going by the move that led to the goal and the fact that the 19 year old had about 25 minutes of play at the end of the game, I give him a tentative 8 out of 10 stars. I still have to see the extended highlights when I get home because I didn't really see the game.

However, when I factor in the competition and of course, the league.... I'm inclined to revise my rating to a 6/10.... :twisted:

Again, let me see the extended highlights before I confirm .....
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

How is that guy 19? Hmm
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I will wait until i see him again and again...there is something about that goal that does not move me. What i mean is this....the finishing was great but the move that led to it was move like some elements of luck, which he created of course. Nevwrtheless it can only do hom good to score on his debut,nothinh boost a players confidence more than that.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

oloye wrote:I will wait until i see him again and again...there is something about that goal that does not move me. What i mean is this....the finishing was great but the move that led to it was move like some elements of luck, which he created of course. Nevwrtheless it can only do hom good to score on his debut,nothinh boost a players confidence more than that.
You have no faith in Liverpool's defending? :)
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

oloye wrote:I will wait until i see him again and again...there is something about that goal that does not move me. What i mean is this....the finishing was great but the move that led to it was move like some elements of luck, which he created of course. Nevwrtheless it can only do hom good to score on his debut,nothinh boost a players confidence more than that.
Did you ever score on your debut...or no? :P
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

theYemster wrote:
:D Nope. He was a Center Defender and he did well on his debut sending 2 strikers to the orthopedic ward.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Kabalega wrote:.... the best league in the World! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

and that's why you keep opening threads about The Best League™

Still awaiting ONE thread about the NDL...just one.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

YemiBrazil wrote:
theYemster wrote:
:D Nope. He was a Center Defender and he did well on his debut sending 2 strikers to the orthopedic ward.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

tfco wrote:

Keep waiting .... There is only one 20 minute league, the EPL! :lol: :lol:
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Who knows how many times you were beaten with such exquisite and scintillating moves during your playing days however, you refused to credit them to the supermacy of the offensive players but attributed them to elements of good luck. Bros acknowledge it there was something dazzling and brilliant about the moves that led to the goal.
But I'm sure no player that did it successfully to you ever tried it again the third time because the second time they all ended up in orthopedic and physical therapeutic clinics
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Kabalega wrote:
tfco wrote:

...and there are ZERO postings from you on the league you 'claim' to enjoy and watch.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

bully12 wrote:
Who knows how many times you were beaten with such exquisite and scintillating moves during your playing days however, you refused to credit them to the supermacy of the offensive players but attributed them to elements of good luck. Bros acknowledge it there was something dazzling and brilliant about the moves that led to the goal.
But I'm sure no player that did it successfully to you ever tried it again the third time because the second time they all ended up in orthopedic and physical therapeutic clinics
:lol: My good friend you nor lie.... I wont try to take anything away from the boy,as a former pro,i am delighted for him because i know what it means for him to score..any goa at that it does not matter if it is a tap in. But also experience would say wait till we start celebrating.... Look at Depay for example , a couple of brilliant goals and he has been playing hiccup football since.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

:thumbs:
YemiBrazil wrote:
theYemster wrote:
:thumbs: Wa sere Yemoo!

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Kabalega wrote:
Skirtel....turned and swirled around like ogbono soup!

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

oloye wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Skirtel....turned and swirled around like ogbono soup!
You are just skirting round the issue like there's a martial law preventing you from hitting the nail on the head.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

tfco wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
tfco wrote:

...and there are ZERO postings from you on the league you 'claim' to enjoy and watch.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Are you sure? Please look up the meaning of "confirmation bias" .... :twisted:
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

according to wenger, he was a risk not worth taking
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Gooner1 wrote:according to wenger, he was a risk not worth taking
:lol: :lol: That is a euphemism for "he cost too much for me!"
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

Kabalega wrote:

Going by the move that led to the goal and the fact that the 19 year old had about 25 minutes of play at the end of the game, I give him a tentative 8 out of 10 stars. I still have to see the extended highlights when I get home because I didn't really see the game.

However, when I factor in the competition and of course, the league.... I'm inclined to revise my rating to a 6/10.... :twisted:

I know you throw a small jab at EPL.

But I am sooo happy for the kid. I can imagine the pressure they and their families feel. My goodness I want him to succeed so that people will not label him because of the hefty price tag.

What I loved the most was his confidence. His finishing was very much Henry-isk - inside foot placement of the ball.
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Catalyst wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

I know you throw a small jab at EPL.

But I am sooo happy for the kid. I can imagine the pressure they and their families feel. My goodness I want him to succeed so that people will not label him because of the hefty price tag.

What I loved the most was his confidence. His finishing was very much Henry-isk - inside foot placement of the ball.
The guy is the real deal!

My concern is his emotional stability and hangers on off the pitch.

Did you see his reaction after Fellaini balloned a ball when he tried to lobe the goalie at the beginning of the game? It was ..." how can you miss that.... mschew!" :lol: :lol:

The current mess an ManU might actually stunt the guy's development.