MANAGER OUT 17/18 - WHO'S FIRST: BILIC, DE BOER, HUGHTON?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ADVOCAAT, RODGERS OUT; WHO'S NEXT: J.MO, STEVE MAC, SHER

Post by Kabalega »

Cellular wrote:ADVOCAAT wins the prize.
No, he quit. That's cheating!

Brendan Rogers is the winner!
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WHO GOES 1ST: J.MO, MACLARENS, ADVOCAAT, RODGERS, SHERWO

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
txj wrote:A bit torn about Rogers atm.

While its true he's not handled adversity well at all, but still, you have to at least consider the mitigating issues involved in the poor performance of the team.

In the last 12-15 months he's never had the benefit of his full compliment of players.

But I wish he would just shut the #$%$ up!
I feel sorry for Rodgers as a person, but I don't think he was the man to take the team forward. Liverpool needs to take urgent action to avoid falling further behind the big boys.

The owners also have to take a big portion of the blame for failing to realize that they had a rare opportunity to make a qualitative jump when they had a world-class player in Suarez. They should have gone all out to buy quality players to build a winning team around Suarez to show him that he had a chance of winning trophies at Liverpool. The fact that he felt that he would be better off at Arsenal was an indictment of the Liverpool owners...

Agreed. The transfer policy needs to be reviewed. While there is merit in buying up and coming players, with the intent to build them into top players, it must be balanced by infusion of top players...

But the decision will be validated by the quality of the replacement. Everything atm points to Klopp....
It's Klopp.

Funnily enough, I hear yesterday's events at Stamford Bridge went some way to forcing FSG's hand...
For me ultimately what cost him his job was the sense of a lack of clear direction on the pitch after three years. Roger's rhetoric never matched the action, all the way to the very beginning.

He talked about building up with all eleven players, yet u sign a GK whose feet are only good for standing!

Then there is the lack of direction in the nature of players signed, or those retained.

I'm watching the young Oliver Torres starting in a high pressure game like the Madrid derby, yet Liverpool cannot find a role for an even more talented youngster in Texeira...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Interesting. Hands forced by the Mourinho debacle.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:Interesting. Hands forced by the Mourinho debacle.
I'll be shocked if Chelsea were to fire Jose....

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I suspect Wastewood will be next in line to face the axe though McClaren will be close on his heels. I just don't know how Newcastle can continue to stick by their manager despite the precarious position they find themselves in.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Somewhere in a nondescript bunker at Fenway Park, in Boston, is a bespectacled man with a scruffy beard and floppy hair sitting at a board room table. The only whiff of his trade are the designer frames on his head.

Pacing pensively behind him, is a polished gentleman with gel holding every blade of his hair in place.
He smiles nervously and taps his expensive leather briefcase each time the scruffy one, glances his way.

On their minds is the big question.... Is it London or Liverpool?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^well written. Very well written.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Coach wrote:^well written. Very well written.
Thanks...

Care to guess what's in the briefcase? :)
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

PS Now that Rodgers is available - will he take the Sunderland job or is it still big Sam?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Cristao II wrote:PS Now that Rodgers is available - will he take the Sunderland job or is it still big Sam?
Sunderland is a Big Sam type of job.

Rodgers must wait and see if Newcastle will sack McLaren.
Or he can try coaching in Europe, he can do well in La Liga
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^^Big Sam and only Big Sam. #nocontest

^^^the briefcase, hmmm, raubgold recovered from a rusting train that derailed south of Warsaw 1941? Or less fantastical perhaps, papers once presented to Brendan, name immaculately tippexed over.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
txj wrote:A bit torn about Rogers atm.

While its true he's not handled adversity well at all, but still, you have to at least consider the mitigating issues involved in the poor performance of the team.

In the last 12-15 months he's never had the benefit of his full compliment of players.

But I wish he would just shut the #$%$ up!
I feel sorry for Rodgers as a person, but I don't think he was the man to take the team forward. Liverpool needs to take urgent action to avoid falling further behind the big boys.

The owners also have to take a big portion of the blame for failing to realize that they had a rare opportunity to make a qualitative jump when they had a world-class player in Suarez. They should have gone all out to buy quality players to build a winning team around Suarez to show him that he had a chance of winning trophies at Liverpool. The fact that he felt that he would be better off at Arsenal was an indictment of the Liverpool owners...

Agreed. The transfer policy needs to be reviewed. While there is merit in buying up and coming players, with the intent to build them into top players, it must be balanced by infusion of top players...

But the decision will be validated by the quality of the replacement. Everything atm points to Klopp....
It's Klopp.

Funnily enough, I hear yesterday's events at Stamford Bridge went some way to forcing FSG's hand...
For me ultimately what cost him his job was the sense of a lack of clear direction on the pitch after three years. Roger's rhetoric never matched the action, all the way to the very beginning.

He talked about building up with all eleven players, yet u sign a GK whose feet are only good for standing!

Then there is the lack of direction in the nature of players signed, or those retained.

I'm watching the young Oliver Torres starting in a high pressure game like the Madrid derby, yet Liverpool cannot find a role for an even more talented youngster in Texeira...
Isn't this a bit unfair considering that Liverpool's transfers were not conducted by Rodgers but by a committee? It is also not surprising that the team lacked direction on the field since Rodgers' coaches and assistants were sacked by the club in the summer and it is doubtful that he had much input into the selection of the new coaches or much confidence in them.
ps I still think he deserved to sacked for being a mouthy git though.
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Coach wrote:^^Big Sam and only Big Sam. #nocontest

^^^the briefcase, hmmm, raubgold recovered from a rusting train that derailed south of Warsaw 1941? Or less fantastical perhaps, papers once presented to Brendan, name immaculately tippexed over.
Close but not quite, the briefcase contains a preliminary offer from Moscow, err ..... London. :)
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

toyin133 wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
Vincent. wrote:

It's Klopp.

Isn't this a bit unfair considering that Liverpool's transfers were not conducted by Rodgers but by a committee? It is also not surprising that the team lacked direction on the field since Rodgers' coaches and assistants were sacked by the club in the summer and it is doubtful that he had much input into the selection of the new coaches or much confidence in them.
ps I still think he deserved to sacked for being a mouthy git though.[/quote]

First, it is true that on some level the TC does not enhance accountability, but Rogers was a member of the committee. 2nd I utterly disliked the sly manner he had of deflecting blame on the committee, especially as he had the last word on transfers.

I always thought FSG should've stuck to their initial plan of a DOF and I hope they take this opportunity to get back to it.

His assistants were not sacked by the club; he changed them when he said he was looking at a new 'technical direction'....

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

txj wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
Vincent. wrote:

It's Klopp.

ps I still think he deserved to sacked for being a mouthy git though.

First, it is true that on some level the TC does not enhance accountability, but Rogers was a member of the committee. 2nd I utterly disliked the sly manner he had of deflecting blame on the committee, especially as he had the last word on transfers.

I always thought FSG should've stuck to their initial plan of a DOF and I hope they take this opportunity to get back to it.

His assistants were not sacked by the club; he changed them when he said he was looking at a new 'technical direction'....[/quote]
If it's true that he was the one who got rid of his assistants then he deserves what he got.
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Any news on Mo?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

balo wrote:Any news on Mo?
He has 2-5 games to turn the ship around.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I'm Surprised Moronho has lasted this long.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The next Manager to go is the yet to be appointed next Sunderland Manager.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Waffiman wrote:The next Manager to go is the yet to be appointed next Sunderland Manager.

LOL. He will soon be stepping on the minefield.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

balo wrote:Any news on Mo?
He has been cleared to continue running [his mouth]

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/athletics/34286427
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Big Sam close to taking Sunderland job
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Big Sam is back with Sunderland - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34491345

question is will he last the full season :mrgreen: