Our PREVIOUS U17 HAS nothing on this TEAM

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Our PREVIOUS U17 HAS nothing on this TEAM

Post by jette1 »

Qatar u17 may have been loaded with talents but current team is way more technical and yes it was not apparent initially but I think it is now obvious despite all the castigation heard here on CE at the beginning if this tourney/ even Alampasu has nothing on Udoh
Last edited by jette1 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg
Re: Our PREVIOUS U17 HAS nothing on this TEAM

Post by sarkin doya »

this team seems to be improving with each game but it is yet too early to
say they are better than the previous set.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Udoh is solid.
Osimhien looks very, very promising.
The rest are good, but comparing like for like with the Class of 2013? Nah....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

2013 set is the best and far better than this 2015.the only difference is the height and physical build of this set.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

osita wrote:2013 set is the best and far better than this 2015.the only difference is the height and physical build of this set.
KPOM. I thought Osimhien was about the tallest until about two other players stood beside him in the penalty box!!!!!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

osita wrote:2013 set is the best and far better than this 2015.the only difference is the height and physical build of this set.
Let's be sure we heard you right; "only difference" meaning =
Otherwise they are equal.
But according to you they are also taller & more physically built = that would translate to 2 advantages thus far unless you are writing your own dictionary yet unpublished
Last edited by jette1 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

Una no forget #5, Zakari. He is really good!
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

They are not better but I can tell you that many of these present set would definitely have made that '13 Squad. Nwakali, the no 4, the goal keeper, Osimeh could make the sqaud maybe not starting eleven, and the full backs as well.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Take it to the bank more players from this team would easily make it to professional level because of built & physical abilities compared to previous team

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Osimhen will be picked up by a professional team this tourney. One area they will work on is bulk up his frame with muscle as he seems a bit weak. Once he has that physical presence he will be a hard beast to contain. Another DD in the making.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Wisdom says, "don't count your chicks before the eggs are hatched". Why not wait for this team
to lift the trophy before making any comparison with the 2013 edition? Yes, this team is good but
we should not be running to unnecessary conclusions yet.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

jette1 wrote:Qatar u17 may have been loaded with talents but current team is way more technical and yes it was not apparent initially but I think it is now obvious despite all the castigation heard here on CE at the beginning if this tourney/ even Alampasu has nothing on Udoh
Nah, the Qatar team was far superior. They had several modes of unleashing severe punishment, opposing coaches heads were spinning. Ask the Mexican coach; they chopped 6 the first time and in the final they chopped another three. Even though Nacho was the MVP, there were other players such as Yahaya being the offensive thrust and made every thing click. Remember Isaac Success was injured and Awoniyi stepped up. Defensively, Nwakali & Idowu provided the platform for the offense (Yahaya) to thrive while protecting Bello and Abubakar.

This does not take anything away from this Chile squad; they are very solid. They are very well coach team and are astute defensively. They cover well for each other and one can readily see how they neutralized Brazil in the second half. They are a better defensively balanced team than Qatar, and retain the ball well. But Brazil would have chopped 7 easily against Qatar team with that apere keeper they were parading though he made some decent saves.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]joao[/color] wrote: Wisdom says, "don't count your chicks before the eggs are hatched". Why not wait for this team
to lift the trophy before making any comparison with the 2013 edition? Yes, this team is good but
we should not be running to unnecessary conclusions yet.
There is enough seen to make a comparison and frankly speaking 2013 team played tactically better. What the 2015 version has going for it is the physical aspect of their game that they are using to their advantage. I don't think there is any team left in this tournament that can take them on aside probably Mali and Croatia.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

jette1 wrote:Take it to the bank more players from this team would easily make it to professional level because of built & physical abilities compared to previous team
Messi must be a giant then :huh: :huh: :huh:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

wale1974 wrote:
jette1 wrote:Take it to the bank more players from this team would easily make it to professional level because of built & physical abilities compared to previous team
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Curve whiz
Egg
Egg

Post by Curve whiz »

okuns wrote:
jette1 wrote:Qatar u17 may have been loaded with talents but current team is way more technical and yes it was not apparent initially but I think it is now obvious despite all the castigation heard here on CE at the beginning if this tourney/ even Alampasu has nothing on Udoh
Nah, the Qatar team was far superior. They had several modes of unleashing severe punishment, opposing coaches heads were spinning. Ask the Mexican coach; they chopped 6 the first time and in the final they chopped another three. Even though Nacho was the MVP, there were other players such as Yahaya being the offensive thrust and made every thing click. Remember Isaac Success was injured and Awoniyi stepped up. Defensively, Nwakali & Idowu provided the platform for the offense (Yahaya) to thrive while protecting Bello and Abubakar.

This does not take anything away from this Chile squad; they are very solid. They are very well coach team and are astute defensively. They cover well for each other and one can readily see how they neutralized Brazil in the second half. They are a better defensively balanced team than Qatar, and retain the ball well. But Brazil would have chopped 7 easily against Qatar team with that apere keeper they were parading though he made some decent saves.
Was there ever any U-17 tournament in Qatar? When was that? It would be nice to do your research wellu wellu before making comparisons here o so we know una know what una dey argue about. 8-)
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

Curve whiz wrote:
okuns wrote:

Was there ever any U-17 tournament in Qatar? When was that? It would be nice to do your research wellu wellu before making comparisons here o so we know una know what una dey argue about. 8-)
Okay, UAE... :D
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Curve whiz wrote:
okuns wrote:

UAE QATAR who cares that's not the subject

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

joao wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yea but Where is Amed Musa again; and we know why

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Dammit i missed this game :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

jette1 wrote:
Curve whiz wrote:
okuns wrote:

UAE QATAR who cares that's not the subject
Oldboy, I care-o! I think history cares as well and for record and learning purposes, the name of the correct country need to be stated.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

when it come to U-17 football, Naija are the undisputed world champions

No nation comes even close
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Rawlings wrote:when it come to U-17 football, Naija are the undisputed world champions

No nation comes even close
:clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf: