Our PREVIOUS U17 HAS nothing on this TEAM

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Our PREVIOUS U17 HAS nothing on this TEAM

Post by nemi2002 »

tfco wrote:
Rawlings wrote:when it come to U-17 football, Naija are the undisputed world champions

No nation comes even close
:clap:
When will the ban end?
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

You guys must not have watched Oruma,Kanu,ojigwe and co in 93,Lukman haruna their set was very good,nacho and success their set was the best in this era,the football they played to me was too amazing.

This current team are okay,defensively they are poor,they have an amazing goalie,Lazarus got away with murder at the back..defensively he was exposed by Brazil today but our goalie saved him and our blushes. They aren't the best,even little messi their set played better football,Femi opabunmi's set played lovely football too. We had some U-17 teams that played good football but didn't advance. This team are good but not outstanding honestly.

When you watched the previous set,they had the WOW factor in their game,i was so confident nobody could beat them even with the absence of success,they were that good and extremely confident. Go back and watch their games,they never kicked the ball out of anxiety,they passed confidently,every team was good till they met our boys....This current team,they are just alright,they have gotten great results and scored tones of goals... but its a stretch saying they are the best,if you really started watching u-17 football in yankee...then you need to go back watch other teams.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Oruma's, kanu's set, seriously ? How about Best ogedemgbe set, yes I know there wasn't a U17 tourney then. Point is that was before our time. I agree mikel's set was good but they weren't outrightly dominating or banging in goals like our current teams
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

omey2k4 wrote:You guys must not have watched Oruma,Kanu,ojigwe and co in 93,Lukman haruna their set was very good,nacho and success their set was the best in this era,the football they played to me was too amazing.

This current team are okay,defensively they are poor,they have an amazing goalie,Lazarus got away with murder at the back..defensively he was exposed by Brazil today but our goalie saved him and our blushes. They aren't the best,even little messi their set played better football,Femi opabunmi's set played lovely football too. We had some U-17 teams that played good football but didn't advance. This team are good but not outstanding honestly.

When you watched the previous set,they had the WOW factor in their game,i was so confident nobody could beat them even with the absence of success,they were that good and extremely confident. Go back and watch their games,they never kicked the ball out of anxiety,they passed confidently,every team was good till they met our boys....This current team,they are just alright,they have gotten great results and scored tones of goals... but its a stretch saying they are the best,if you really started watching u-17 football in yankee...then you need to go back watch other teams.
KPOM. There is a reason why a shell-shocked opponent described their brand of football as "PlayStation Soccer".
That is one of the highest compliments to a team I have ever heard.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Make una no vex for Jette1's matter, na confusion and lack of knowledge dey worry am. Some knowledge are acquired with age.

He did not see the free scoring Kanu, Oruma and Anosike era. I would have thought 2013 would be fresh on his mind.

The best team ever in my view goes to the all conquering 2013 team. My God those boys could tap. Breaking records after record. The most goals ever scored. Did not concede from the knockout stage. Won the fourth and record breaking title. Many of those players found top clubs

To compare them to this current generation is a travesty but these boys are good in their own way. They could still win it all but I like the sense of tradition we are creating. Naija is expected to perform at this level and we now set the record as the team to have reached the most semi finals.

I wish the senior team can also create a sense of tradition like Brazil
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pajimoh wrote:Make una no vex for Jette1's matter, na confusion and lack of knowledge dey worry am. Some knowledge are acquired with age.

He did not see the free scoring Kanu, Oruma and Anosike era. I would have thought 2013 would be fresh on his mind.

The best team ever in my view goes to the all conquering 2013 team. My God those boys could tap. Breaking records after record. The most goals ever scored. Did not concede from the knockout stage. Won the fourth and record breaking title. Many of those players found top clubs

To compare them to this current generation is a travesty but these boys are good in their own way. They could still win it all but I like the sense of tradition we are creating. Naija is expected to perform at this level and we now set the record as the team to have reached the most semi finals.

I wish the senior team can also create a sense of tradition like Brazil
Some knowledge is also lost with age. Jette1 nor be small boy. :tic:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

omey2k4 wrote:You guys must not have watched Oruma,Kanu,ojigwe and co in 93,Lukman haruna their set was very good,nacho and success their set was the best in this era,the football they played to me was too amazing.

Nothing more to add and I arrived at the same conclusion after watching just one game (yesterday's win vs Brazil).
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

I disagree. 2013 set was better. The football they played was unbelievable. This looks like a well coached set. Amunike is playing to the strength of the players he has which is what a good coach does but I still think the 2013 set had better individual players and played better football.
yes o
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Both teams are excellent, the only differences are 2013 were all flare and this team is direct, no time wasting.....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

omey2k4 wrote:When you watched the previous set,they had the WOW factor in their game,i was so confident nobody could beat them even with the absence of success,they were that good and extremely confident. Go back and watch their games,they never kicked the ball out of anxiety,they passed confidently,every team was good till they met our boys....This current team,they are just alright,they have gotten great results and scored tones of goals... but its a stretch saying they are the best,if you really started watching u-17 football in yankee...then you need to go back watch other teams.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gotti wrote:
omey2k4 wrote:When you watched the previous set,they had the WOW factor in their game,i was so confident nobody could beat them even with the absence of success,they were that good and extremely confident. Go back and watch their games,they never kicked the ball out of anxiety,they passed confidently,every team was good till they met our boys....This current team,they are just alright,they have gotten great results and scored tones of goals... but its a stretch saying they are the best,if you really started watching u-17 football in yankee...then you need to go back watch other teams.
Unfortunately, I do not think FIFA at the U17 level collates stats for certain categories of game analysis - like % of passes completed, shots on target, ball possession etc, which they do for the WC proper.
Otherwise we could have had a less subjective debate here.

But for those interested in comparative analysis from the 2014 WC, here are some official stats. As you can see, Keshi's SE team was not the ultimate disaster some would like us all to believe. We were kind of mid-table.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive/br ... asses.html
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

All this is noise. This team is not that great but they make do. The have a handful of a striker in Oshimen and one hell of a goalie in Udoh. Would have been interesting to see how they'd have responded if Brazil had gone up a goal or two.
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Hardworking team no doubt. But nowhere near the last set. Not even close.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Rawlings wrote:when it come to U-17 football, Naija are the undisputed world champions

Meaning?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bully12 wrote:

Meaning?
Abeg, leave that guy. U are feeding him.
Him and Txj are seeking relevance.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

The comparison is definitely uncalled for. The 2013 team played the most scintillating games I had ever watched as a soccer fan. Without being told as they were walking into the field at the beginning of any match you do not have any doubt about the outcome of the game but wondering what the margin of the result . This year's team is a good team but their differences are even very glaring to Steve Wonders.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

First, we must acknowledge our talent at being able to find stunning outstanding talents to dominate the world at U17 level. If FIFA had a ranking at U17 level, I don't think Nigeria will be shifted from No.1 spot for years. This semi-final is the 8th time (a record by the way) that we have qualified for a semi-final spot which is fantastic given that this tournament has only been running since 1985.

The UAE 2013 team were superior than the current set. They approached each match with a superiority complex right through the tournament. They were a complete team with an able keeper, a sold central defence, solid midfield and devastating attack. Goals flowed endlessly from everywhere. This current set has a major defect and it is in ball-winning in the central midfield area. If we had played a cynical Italian team in this tournament, their players would have been instructed to take Osimhen and Chukwueze out, and then what are we left with? Kelechi Nwakali's ball distribution and string of passes is very impressive but as a ball winner, sorry. The Malians were able to take Croatia out yesterday because Mali have a very strong central midfield. The Malian midfield is better than their defence and their attack. We were no match in the midfield against Croatia.

We have a solid keeper in Udoh, a good defence and a hot attack line. Our central midfield still needs to be tested and I am sure the remaining teams have the ability to pose difficult questions. Having said this, I expect us to win this Cup after some gruelling battles.
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Is this sincere though :biggrin:
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

I am proud of these under 17's :thumbs: :thumbs:
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Omey2k4 is right.
This 2015 set has not won anything yet - they didn't even medal at the African Championships!

Besides, of all the U17 WC Champion winning sides, I believe the 2013 set has to rank above all. Not only results wise, but their overall performance - the FIFA records would confirm this.

To claim the 2015 set is the best at this point in time is not only premature, but quite silly, to be honest.
Gotti wrote:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Otitokoro wrote:Omey2k4 is right.
This 2015 set has not won anything yet - they didn't even medal at the African Championships!

Besides, of all the U17 WC Champion winning sides, I believe the 2013 set has to rank above all. Not only results wise, but their overall performance - the FIFA records would confirm this.

To claim the 2015 set is the best at this point in time is not only premature, but quite silly, to be honest.
Gotti wrote:
Its not even close, that team played the closest thing to total football I can remember of any Nigerian team of recent. They were much smaller in stature than this current set and still blew teams out of the water. Watching their game against Uruguay on youtube and you see a small guy like Bello in CD, but regardless of his size he was still balling.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Hmmm make una softly o..Mali beat us in Africa and are themselves not doing badly so far. Make these boys win first before we compare them to another Winning set.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

Me think you missed Jette's mischief making with this post f (ala Solowe).

[1] Dele ALAMPASU (GK)
[2] Musa MUHAMMED (C)
[3] Samuel OKON
[4] Akinjide IDOWU
[5] Denis NYA
[6] Aliyu ABUBAKAR
[7] Habib MAKANJUOLA
[8] Abdullahi ALFA
[9] Success ISAAC
[10] Kelechi IHEANACHO
[11] Musa YAHAYA
[12] Chigozi OBASI