Our PREVIOUS U17 HAS nothing on this TEAM

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Our PREVIOUS U17 HAS nothing on this TEAM

Post by jette1 »

Yea wao factor my Azz! Amazing how the 2013 team So called wAo Factor evaporated just in little less than 3 yrs in New Zealand / they couldn't even go pass knockout stage; same opponents, same team, same coach
Last edited by jette1 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

jette1 wrote:Yea wao factor my Azz! Amazing how the 2013 team So called wAo Factor evaporated just in little less than 3 yrs in New Zealand / they couldn't even go pass knockout stage

Dear uncle.. please stop this your argument... how many minutes did the players from the 2013 team play in NZ?

Old age don dey affect you well well. :|
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

metalalloy wrote:
jette1 wrote:Yea wao factor my Azz! Amazing how the 2013 team So called wAo Factor evaporated just in little less than 3 yrs in New Zealand / they couldn't even go pass knockout stage

Dear uncle.. please stop this your argument... how many minutes did the players from the 2013 team play in NZ?

So we have to now check how many minutes they spent in the showers too

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

jette1 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

So we have to now check how many minutes they spent in the showers too
nah brah, from your posting history on this forum, i suspect you would lead a shortlist of people checking for that...
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Both teams are excellent, the only differences are 2013 were all flare and this team is direct, no time wasting.....
The way that team crumbled like Nabisco biscuit in New Zealand speaks clearly to Big pokey' s point

Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Gudo wrote:
Rawlings wrote:when it come to U-17 football, Naija are the undisputed world champions

No nation comes even close
Is this sincere though :biggrin:
why should it be sincere if it's factual?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Rawlings wrote:
Gudo wrote:
Rawlings wrote:when it come to U-17 football, Naija are the undisputed world champions

No nation comes even close
Is this sincere though :biggrin:
why should it be sincere if it's factual?
Facts and insincerity/sincerity are not mutually inclusive/ sincerity is predicated on emotion

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

jette1 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Both teams are excellent, the only differences are 2013 were all flare and this team is direct, no time wasting.....
The way that team crumbled like Nabisco biscuit in New Zealand speaks clearly to Big pokey' s point
Bros, the u-17 players were reduced to bit part players of the new team that played in the U-20. So your use of that parameter to prop up your argument is mischievous at best.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Cito wrote:
jette1 wrote:
Bros, the u-17 players were reduced to bit part players of the new team that played in the U-20. So your use of that parameter to prop up your argument is mischievous at best.
http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4093/nig ... -world-cup

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

This team does not have the flair and panache of Yemi Tella or Manu Garba's squads. It is not vintage Nigeria.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Goldleaf wrote:The UAE 2013 team were superior than the current set. They approached each match with a superiority complex right through the tournament. They were a complete team with an able keeper, a sold central defence, solid midfield and devastating attack. Goals flowed endlessly from everywhere. This current set has a major defect and it is in ball-winning in the central midfield area. If we had played a cynical Italian team in this tournament, their players would have been instructed to take Osimhen and Chukwueze out, and then what are we left with? Kelechi Nwakali's ball distribution and string of passes is very impressive but as a ball winner, sorry. The Malians were able to take Croatia out yesterday because Mali have a very strong central midfield. The Malian midfield is better than their defence and their attack. We were no match in the midfield against Croatia.
Kelechi is not supposed to be a ball winner...
He plays pretty much a similar role as his brother did in 2013.

David Enogela is the designated primary 'ball winner' in midfield for this team (similar to the Akinjide Idowu role in 2013 - except that he does much more) and, as the tournament has progressed and his confidence has grown (with pretty much the rest of the team's), I must say that Enogela has become one of the Eaglets players that I have been rather impressed with. As I had noted in the Croatia game thread (which I must hastily restate that I only saw the last 25 minutes of), with our LB Anumudu suspended and unavailable, the left-footed CD Ikwu was moved to LB and Enogela was played alongside Zakari in CD, where he stunk (from the 25 minutes that I saw). At that time I thought the issue lay in a subpar central defense, but (and given your analysis) I have since come to suspect that the real problem was an Enogela-less midfield.

All said, the 2013 set was still a far better team (as well as a more talented group).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
JssMan
Egg
Egg

Post by JssMan »

I also say nah -- This team although pretty good, is no where near the 2013 team that won the last u17 Wcup.

Although I look for a fair basis in selection, totally based on Footballing ability, it shows the depth
of talent in Nigeria to produce such great teams that seem to lean towards where the Coach hails from.

Mexico is going to be tasking on these guys and the defense cannot afford to play like they did against Croatia.
If we make it past Mexico, I think we will be meeting Mali and boy, are they good?
One thing I am happy about is our goalkeeping prospects. I thought Alampasu was pretty good. Udoh is solid.

Jh8: 34Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

JssMan wrote:I also say nah -- This team although pretty good, is no where near the 2013 team that won the last u17 Wcup.

Although I look for a fair basis in selection, totally based on Footballing ability, it shows the depth
of talent in Nigeria to produce such great teams that seem to lean towards where the Coach hails from.

Mexico is going to be tasking on these guys and the defense cannot afford to play like they did against Croatia.
If we make it past Mexico, I think we will be meeting Mali and boy, are they good?
One thing I am happy about is our goalkeeping prospects. I thought Alampasu was pretty good. Udoh is solid.
Extremely good.
I only hope he grows taller than he is now. 'Short' keepers have limited opportunities professionally.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Gotti wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:The UAE 2013 team were superior than the current set. They approached each match with a superiority complex right through the tournament. They were a complete team with an able keeper, a sold central defence, solid midfield and devastating attack. Goals flowed endlessly from everywhere. This current set has a major defect and it is in ball-winning in the central midfield area. If we had played a cynical Italian team in this tournament, their players would have been instructed to take Osimhen and Chukwueze out, and then what are we left with? Kelechi Nwakali's ball distribution and string of passes is very impressive but as a ball winner, sorry. The Malians were able to take Croatia out yesterday because Mali have a very strong central midfield. The Malian midfield is better than their defence and their attack. We were no match in the midfield against Croatia.
Kelechi is not supposed to be a ball winner...
He plays pretty much a similar role as his brother did in 2013.

David Enogela is the designated primary 'ball winner' in midfield for this team (similar to the Akinjide Idowu role in 2013 - except that he does much more) and, as the tournament has progressed and his confidence has grown (with pretty much the rest of the team's), I must say that Enogela has become one of the Eaglets players that I have been rather impressed with. As I had noted in the Croatia game thread (which I must hastily restate that I only saw the last 25 minutes of), with our LB Anumudu suspended and unavailable, the left-footed CD Ikwu was moved to LB and Enogela was played alongside Zakari in CD, where he stunk (from the 25 minutes that I saw). At that time I thought the issue lay in a subpar central defense, but (and given your analysis) I have since come to suspect that the real problem was an Enogela-less midfield.

All said, the 2013 set was still a far better team (as well as a more talented group).
Indeed, it was David Enogela that lost concentration and slipped gift-ing Croatia their winning goal. In UAE, we had a midfield trio of Musa Yahaya, Akinjide Idowu and Abdullahi Alfa. Idowu was the enforcer but the gem was Yahaya. He tackled strongly to win the ball, launched quick attacks with delightful passes and scored from shots from outside the box. He even found himself the arrowhead of our counter-attack breakaway as he did for our first goal in the final against Mexico. Lazarus at RB was slaughtered against Croatia and the midfield was non-existent as we defended very deep until the last few minutes when we looked for an equaliser. This team is dependent on Osimhen and Chukwueze and they have been lethal. Zakari has been outstanding. Udoh reminds me of another Calabar legend Etta Egbe who was very solid. Hopefully we will see more of Enogela against Mexico. But Agor, Ikwu, Bamgboye have been lightweight. Having said that, the unit is good and Amuneke's tactics have been spot on.
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

The best u 17 team ever were Saudi Arabia Scotland. I thought they were Brazilians :biggrin:
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

skillful wrote:The best u 17 team ever were Saudi Arabia Scotland. I thought they were Brazilians :biggrin:

That saudi team with players wey get proper bia bia every where!

That their keeper was something else.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
JssMan wrote:I also say nah -- This team although pretty good, is no where near the 2013 team that won the last u17 Wcup.

Extremely good.
I only hope he grows taller than he is now. 'Short' keepers have limited opportunities professionally.
Technique alone, Udoh is better than Alampasu at the same stage. His handling is very clean and his awareness and box presence is good also. Lets hope he grows as well.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

jette1 wrote:
Cito wrote:
jette1 wrote:
What does this link show?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cito wrote:
jette1 wrote:
Cito wrote:
jette1 wrote:
What does this link show?
That our dear uncle head no dey house..

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Goldleaf wrote:Indeed, it was David Enogela that lost concentration and slipped gift-ing Croatia their winning goal. In UAE, we had a midfield trio of Musa Yahaya, Akinjide Idowu and Abdullahi Alfa. Idowu was the enforcer but the gem was Yahaya. He tackled strongly to win the ball, launched quick attacks with delightful passes and scored from shots from outside the box. He even found himself the arrowhead of our counter-attack breakaway as he did for our first goal in the final against Mexico. Lazarus at RB was slaughtered against Croatia and the midfield was non-existent as we defended very deep until the last few minutes when we looked for an equaliser. This team is dependent on Osimhen and Chukwueze and they have been lethal. Zakari has been outstanding. Udoh reminds me of another Calabar legend Etta Egbe who was very solid. Hopefully we will see more of Enogela against Mexico. But Agor, Ikwu, Bamgboye have been lightweight. Having said that, the unit is good and Amuneke's tactics have been spot on.
Yep! This set's midfield cannot stack up against 2013's...
Nwakali and Enogela are good, but a quality third man is missing.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

And this Mexican team is space age compared to 2013 Mexican team and nonetheless got tamed with direct non-fancy well tutored approach even when things were not going well

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

It is actually very good news, that the two sides are very different.

Every nation needs to build a national pool. It is beneficial for our national pool, that we have some diversity.

The last thing we need is for every player to be like Iheanacho or to be like Yahaya. The fact that this U17 team has a different style is VERY good. Because each player may have something different to offer, based on our philosophical progression.

As a matter of fact, I would say that there has been a dearth of ruthless players in Nigerian football for quite some time now! This U17 crop look like ruthless players.

Sometimes in football, you just need one or two players that can get straight to the point and close out matches.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

At first I thought that the U17 team of 2013 was the more talented but after the game against Mexico I believe this team is better. Why? They do not rely on swift counters like the 2013 team and still are able to pile on the goals. They play almost like a German team without flair but with grit and with a far longer range of passing. Their passing interchange in attack is a beauty to behold, their movement off the ball is excellent. Their stamina is fantastic.

Talent-wise you could see the 2013 team had a lever in Iheanacho and Yahaya and has the edge in talent. I don't know who stands out in this team. They all complement each other. I was impressed by the wing play but felt like the combination passing into the box could have been better for shorter tap ins.

To me if anyone is going to come out of this team into professional success I would choose those whose bodies have developed the least:

- Osihmen
- Nwakali
- Chukwueze