EPL Has the Best Referees in the World

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EPL Has the Best Referees in the World

Post by Comrade Machel »

Personally i take the opposite view and that referees are scared to punish EPL teams because of the massive PR power of the english. Often they get away with little things. Having said that i feel Barcelona though not necessarily favoured are given everything were refs would otherwise overlook things. Every tackle which is a bit ott against them is blown, every penalty that could be overlooked the ref awards etc but otherwise they dont get calls manufactured out of thin air like some allege

This is still funny though :lol: :lol:

Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Samora Machel wrote:Personally i take the opposite view and that referees are scared to punish EPL teams because of the massive PR power of the english. Often they get away with little things. Having said that i feel Barcelona though not necessarily favoured are given everything were refs would otherwise overlook things. Every tackle which is a bit ott against them is blown, every penalty that could be overlooked the ref awards etc but otherwise they dont get calls manufactured out of thin air like some allege

jeez :lol: :lol: :lol:
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Samora Machel wrote:Personally i take the opposite view and that referees are scared to punish EPL teams because of the massive PR power of the english. Often they get away with little things. Having said that i feel Barcelona though not necessarily favoured are given everything were refs would otherwise overlook things. Every tackle which is a bit ott against them is blown, every penalty that could be overlooked the ref awards etc but otherwise they dont get calls manufactured out of thin air like some allege

the fact about Barcelona, they are a good team, and noone alleges they get penalties out of thin air, the thing is they are guaranteed a big decision in big games, if its a 50-50 it will be a red, if its in the box, its a penalty
Big decisions in big games, usually when Barca is on the backfoot

This season in CL we will come back to this thread and discuss something big :thumbs:
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

Mike Dean.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Al B Sure wrote:Mike Dean.
can you name a ref in any of the 'other' leagues

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

yes i can
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

benteke wrote:

the fact about Barcelona, they are a good team, and noone alleges they get penalties out of thin air, the thing is they are guaranteed a big decision in big games, if its a 50-50 it will be a red, if its in the box, its a penalty
Big decisions in big games, usually when Barca is on the backfoot

This season in CL we will come back to this thread and discuss something big :thumbs:
Thank you

Merci beaucoup Monsieur Platini/UEFA :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Refereeing last week in La Liga was shambolic. Barcelona were losing to Eibar until they "equalised" after Castro received and crossed the ball to Suarez from an offside position.

Then the same day Celta Vigo lost to Real Madrid in a match they dominated after the referee sent off Gustavo Cabral of Celta for dissent. The Celta players were understandably furious that the ref had not given them a penalty then a few seconds later gave Madrid a very soft "free kick".

Now there is a match fixing scandal involving a linesman: http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... tch-fixing
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chei Vincent that your photo you post na die,dam no fit wait make Arsenal land the CL one day.
Arsenal for life
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The standard of "refereeing" in La Liga is absolutely horrendous. It borders on criminal conspiracy (with Real Madrid and Barcelona especially). Playing against those teams must be like being in a boxing match with a corrupt referee. The referee most times acts as their 12th man (as if they needed any help given how much talent they have). I was scandalised by the 'refereeing' in Real's match against Real Sociedad:

*Firstly Sociedad were denied a stonewall penalty when Pepe made one of his trademark thuggish "challenges" on Jonathan.

*A few minutes later Benzema tripped over a blade of grass in the Sociedad box, and the ref gave a very soft penalty. Ronaldo blasted the penalty over the bar, so the ref decided to let him have another try! Still in the first half, Bale crossed the ball and it hit Carlos Martinez (at point blank range) and richocheted up onto his arm. The ref awarded a "penalty" that was even worse than the first one. Ronaldo scored this time.

*In the second half Pepe did another one of his 'contract hit' challenges in the box (on Jonathan again) that nearly snapped Jonathan in two. The ref (of course) refused to award a penalty.

*Sociedad had two players stretchered off as well.

The Sociedad chairman was so incensed by the referee (Jose Luis Gonzalez) that he told him at half time: “This is shameful. You have come here to rob us, I will be filing a complaint to the police.”

This is the second consecutive Real Madrid game where refereeing has turned the game into a farce. They won their last game against Rayo Vallecano 10-2 after the ref sent off two Rayo players and made them play with 9 men for most of the game against Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema, Rodriguez, Modric, Kroos et al. After that game Rayo Vallecano's manager Paco Jemez said the officiating brought “shame on Spanish football”.
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

Soton - Arsenal?
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

Hey, wiseone why don´t you keep us updated? Your comment on Chelsea - Everton? City - Everton earlier this week?

But then what would one expect from the EPL where this is offside

"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Barcelona awarded 3 penalties yesterday against Sporting Gijon. Only one of the three was valid. The worst part was that a Gijon player was red carded for the third penalty which wasn't a foul, let a lone a penalty or card. The commentator called it a "Penalty Fest". How apt.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Playing against Barca must be utterly demoralising for opposing Spanish teams. As well as facing 3 of the best 4 players on earth, they have to contend with bandit "refereeing". The "refereeing" in the Valencia v Barca game was so bad it bordered on match fixing. Barca took the lead after Messi "scored" from a shot that went through the legs of Suarez who was standing in an offside position in front of the Valencia GK on the edge of the 6 yard box - blocking the view of the GK Diego Alves. Suarez actually jumped over the ball from his offside position and the ref somehow deemed he was not interfering with play. :shock: He even booked the Valencia GK for daring to protest.

He then failed to red card Busquets for a second bookable offence, and denied Valencia three blatant penalties - but conveniently found time to award an injury time 92nd minute penalty for Barca, which of course they scored to win the game 3-2.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/722/la-liga ... ul-referee