La Liga - referee travesties, skewed TV deals, 0 competition

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
femibyte
Egg
Egg
La Liga - referee travesties, skewed TV deals, 0 competition

Post by femibyte »

LA LIGA is a joke of a league- u sneeze near Messi or CR7 insie d box, nar automatic PK!

Then the TV rights which ensure that only Real and Barca and win it, with Atletico only now and then.

And this is the best league according to some.

Give me the EPL any day where teams like Watford, Leicester, Bournemouth, Southampton can have their say.
At least we don't see 10-2 scorelines in the EPL...
Last edited by femibyte on Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: La Liga - travesties in refereeing

Post by 100%Naija »

Femi are you alright? Be like you been dey fight tiger for dream, the way you carry open this random thread on a topic that has been beaten into a coma. Kai
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
femibyte
Egg
Egg

Post by femibyte »

100%Naija wrote:Femi are you alright? Be like you been dey fight tiger for dream, the way you carry open this random thread on a topic that has been beaten into a coma. Kai
Just restating the facts for those who continue to deny them. Today's la Liga refereeing was a disgrace...
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

femibyte wrote:
100%Naija wrote:Femi are you alright? Be like you been dey fight tiger for dream, the way you carry open this random thread on a topic that has been beaten into a coma. Kai
Just restating the facts for those who continue to deny them. Today's la Liga refereeing was a disgrace...
Get ready because uncle Yus won't like this thread and will defend the honor of his beloved La Liga...him and Vinny.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
kofi86
Egg
Egg
Re: La Liga - referee travesties, skewed TV deals, 0 competi

Post by kofi86 »

:lol:
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

:rotf: :rotf: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Only in EPL you are crown Champion and the following year you can't defend your crown but fighting to stay in the league :rotf: :rotf:
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

femibyte wrote:LA LIGA is a joke of a league- u sneeze near Messi or CR7 insie d box, nar automatic PK!

Then the TV rights which ensure that only Real and Barca and win it, with Atletico only now and then.

Give me the EPL any day where teams like Watford, Leicester, Bournemouth, Southampton can have their say.
EPL Highest Scoring Games

22 November 2009 Tottenham Hotspur 9 – 1 Wigan Athletic
4 March 1995 Manchester United 9 – 0 Ipswich Town
11 May 2008 Middlesbrough 8 – 1 Manchester City
6 February 1999 Nottingham Forest 1 – 8 Manchester United
28 August 2011 Manchester United 8 – 2 Arsenal
9 May 2010 Chelsea 8 – 0 Wigan Athletic

[/video]

[/video]

[/video]

[/video]

[/video]

[/video]
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I watched the match between Real and Sociedad...i simply turbed away after witnessing the most blatant cheating ever seen in modern football. Pepe had his hands and behind all wrapped around the Socieda striker who had beaten him soundly,yet the ref waved it on. But the same ref was quick to dash Real two quick penalties. The first was lost,but trust the crooks from the pit of hell...he manufactured another. No wonder the other teams do not even bother.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

oloye wrote:I watched the match between Real and Sociedad...i simply turbed away after witnessing the most blatant cheating ever seen in modern football. Pepe had his hands and behind all wrapped around the Socieda striker who had beaten him soundly,yet the ref waved it on. But the same ref was quick to dash Real two quick penalties. The first was lost,but trust the crooks from the pit of hell...he manufactured another. No wonder the other teams do not even bother.
Was equally shocked. Same with Messi awarded pk. Keeper came for his ball, 50/50 challenge with Messi. Keeper punched the ball out but clashed with Messi and pk was awarded. I was like if dem no want make person touch am make him go play table tennis or ludo .
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

If we are honest the same travesties exist in the CL competition.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Not this ish again!

Have you all forgotten Fergi time?

What about the constant complaints JM had about EPL refs?

Please be honest with yourselves and objective.....
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Killa Adjei »

folem wrote:
femibyte wrote:LA LIGA is a joke of a league- u sneeze near Messi or CR7 insie d box, nar automatic PK!

22 November 2009 Tottenham Hotspur 9 – 1 Wigan Athletic
4 March 1995 Manchester United 9 – 0 Ipswich Town
6 February 1999 Nottingham Forest 1 – 8 Manchester United
28 August 2011 Manchester United 8 – 2 Arsenal
9 May 2010 Chelsea 8 – 0 Wigan Athletic

[/video]

[/video]

[/video]

[/video]

[/video]

[/video]
:lol:

Deluded EPL fanatics...
We are the centre of the pitch, we are precise, we are our effort, we are attackers who defend, we are defenders who attack, we are respected by our rivals, we are recognised by our rivals, we are every goal that we score, we are those who always look for our opponent's goal, WE ARE ONE.

Pep Guardiola To Barca Before CL Final
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Wow Killa Adjei
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

folem wrote:

[/video]
This was and is still a shocker for me. It is like Granada beating Valencia 8-1.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Tbite wrote:Wow Killa Adjei
i had to check if this was an old thread.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

The problem with these kinds of posts is that you approach football as if it is competition between one league and another. That is because people swallow this marketing drive that began with Sky Sports: "best league in the world" etc.

In reality, football is different everywhere. If you know your football, you pick a tie to watch any weekend and anywhere: EPL, La Liga, France, Italy, Holland, even South America.South. There are good matches to watch every week.

When someone claims he only watches the EPL because there is no "competition" in La Liga or Bundesliga of France, you know he does not really know anything about those leagues or he has been misled by marketing slogans. Just because we know Barca/Real Madrid/Atletico will win the league does not mean that you cannot enjoy individual matches between Sevilla and Betis or Sevilla and Valencia. Just because we know that Man United/Chelsea/Arsenal/Man City will win the EPL does not mean that you cannot enjoy a match between Tottenham and Everton, etc.
Give me the EPL any day where teams like Watford, Leicester, Bournemouth, Southampton can have their say
Again, Watford, Leicester, Bournemouth, Southampton can have their say, but we know who will win the league at the end of the day: Man City/Man United/Chelsea/Arsenal, which is the usual top four year after year. It is the same everywhere. Pretending that there is no monopoly at the top is disingenuous. Monopolies exist at the top of La Liga, EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1.
Then the TV rights which ensure that only Real and Barca and win it, with Atletico only now and then
TV rights are not the only reason Barca and Real Madrid are two of the richest in the world. Their TV rights amount to 150 million while their total revenue is almost 600 million. In the EPL, teams like Man City, Chelsea, and Man United are far richer than Watford, Leicester, Bournemouth, Southampton despite the distribution of TV revenues because they are significantly more in other revenues and their sugar daddies have deep pockets. Pretending that revenues are even in the EPL just because the bottom feeders get 60 million pounds from TV (which is smaller than Man United's shirt sponsorship revenue alone) is disingenuous and false.
At least we don't see 10-2 scorelines in the EPL
I actually watched that match from the beginning and Rayo Vallecano were the better team until the referee reduced them to 10 men. Even then, Rayo was still the better side and led 2-1 until Bale equalized and the referee manufactured a penalty for Real Madrid and reduced Rayo to 9 men. That was after only 25 minutes, and the game was dead. Just because Real Madrid were shameless enough to rack up the goals against a team playing 9 men for 70 minutes says nothing about La Liga in general because Rayo was the better team when they were playing 11 vs 11. The only thing it says is that an incompetent or corrupt referee ruined a promising match.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Kabalega wrote: Have you all forgotten Fergi time?
what is Fergie time?

The opposition defend and United are given the football to attack attack until they score...right?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I thought I was the only one that saw the organised gansterism that goes by the name "refereeing" in La Liga (especially involving Real Madrid and Barcelona). I posted about it here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=265077&start=69

oloye wrote:I watched the match between Real and Sociedad...i simply turbed away after witnessing the most blatant cheating ever seen in modern football. Pepe had his hands and behind all wrapped around the Socieda striker who had beaten him soundly,yet the ref waved it on. But the same ref was quick to dash Real two quick penalties. The first was lost,but trust the crooks from the pit of hell...he manufactured another. No wonder the other teams do not even bother.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wiseone wrote:I thought I was the only one that saw the organised gansterism that goes by the name "refereeing" in La Liga (especially involving Real Madrid and Barcelona). I posted about it here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=265077&start=69

This was so funny from that thread! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

And this your statement:

wiseone wrote:"A few minutes later Benzema tripped over a blade of grass in the Sociedad box, and the ref gave a very soft penalty. Ronaldo blasted the penalty over the bar, so the ref decided to let him have another try!"
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Valencia v Madrid yesterday, Fake Ron had what looked like a pen denied by the ref and Valencia attacked in the next min leading to Madrid player Kovacic sent off for a dangerous tackle. Two incidents in a minute that challenge the ref conspiracy.

The fact is that the big teams usually get favourable decisions in most leagues, esp when they play at home. Harry Redknobb claimed that Fergie's control over refs was worth at least 10pts each season.
http://www.naijiant.com/
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

sign of a complete akpa amu :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

This week's bit of La Liga "refereeing" gangsterism.
Benzema scored a goal from 4 yards out with 2 Real players (including Bale) standing in offside positions inside he 6 yard box right in front of the Deportivo GK. Bale was interfering with play/was so badly offside that he was actually standing in front of the GK and blocked him from seeing the ball go past him. This is how a match report described the incident:
Benzema flicked it past German Lux in the Deportivo goal. The keeper was soon sprinting out to confront the linesman who had not raised his flag despite Bale being in an offside position and blocking his view of Benzema.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z3x5xUKcSn

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... nabeu.html
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Laliga, Bundesliga are better than the EPL.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx