NPFL Introduces Teenage Sensation BATA......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
NPFL Introduces Teenage Sensation BATA......

Post by Enugu II »

El-Kanemi's teenage sensation, Bata, turning heads in the NPFL
Published on Thursday, 30 June 2016 12:06 Hits: 705
http://npfl.ng/index.php/news-features/ ... n-the-npfl

By Uchenna Iyoke

The Nigeria top-flight has, in the past, churned out top talent and witnessed some of the best schoolboys play in the championship. That trend has continued into this present day as the like of Godfrey Oboabona, Ahmed Musa, Brown Ideye and Efe Ambrose all cut their teeth at some point in the country's top division, now the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL).

These quartet have gone on to become key members of the Nigeria national team, the Super Eagles. But there are now emerging talents in the NPFL. One of such new names is El-Kanemi Warriors attacking winger, Hussaini Bata Mohammed. The youngster is already being branded Messi by supporters of the Maiduguri club.
Of course the nickname, Messi, bestowed on the right-footed winger comes from the fact that he has a semblance in physique to the FC Barcelona and Argentine superstar. Add to that, Bata has enough pace in him to burn as evident in matches he has appeared in for El-Kanemi Warriors this season.

Bata was promoted to the top-flight from El-Kanemi Feeders on the eve of the start of this season by coach Issa Ladan Bosso, who was impressed by the player's interpretation of the game. He made his debut in the 0-1 loss to Wikki Tourists on match day 1. However, since the Warriors returned to their home soil in Maiduguri, Bata has been in outstanding form, scoring four goals and providing three assists.

The petite winger played two seasons with the club's feeders before his promotion. He has now started in all matches since his newfound form after their return to home ground. Teams like Shooting Stars, Ikorodu United, Kano Pillars, Warri Wolves, Abia Warriors and Lobi Stars have experienced the crafty moves of the youngster, who Maiduguri football fans prefer to call Messi. His NPFL performances in the colours of El-Kanemi have already earned him man-of-the-match awards on three occasions.

The 16-year-old, who is enjoying loads of playing times in recent match days is thankful to Bosso, the man who showed so much belief in him and handed him a shot at top-flight football.
"I will like to thank my coach for giving me the chance not minding my age. I will give my best to ensure my team finishes in the top-five. Though it is a difficult task (achieving a top-five finish) but with hard work we can achieve it," Bata told npfl.ng.

Bata's low centre of gravity allows him to attempt crafty moves from the flanks like Messi, the superstar, who he is nicknamed after. He is always a threat to defenders, as he is a fast dribbler and often hits low crosses. Most of his goals, this term, have come from close range finish because of his sleek nature and positioning.

The youngster like every footballer is ambitious. He believes that a call-up to any of the national teams will come at the appropriate but wants to continue his development by featuring in more matches for El-Kanemi.

He added that his family has been a major source of motivation in his fledgling career so far. Bata admitted that he always feel obliged to give his best as a way to repay his family for their support.

"I am yet to play for any of the national team, though I believe my game will pave the way for a call-up. For now, I want to play more games, show my skills and score more goals. My parents and siblings watch me play always. So I don’t want to disappoint them. They are great sources of encouragement to me," he said.

Somehow those sources of encouragement has made the youngster fearless. Bata despite his small physique is ready to have a go at defenders, no matter their sizes in physical structure. Certainly the youngster must also be pointing to those popular words of Mark Twain that 'it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of fight in the dog' that matters.

Bata said: "I can take on any defender, especially when you look down on me because of my size, although I respect our defenders for their qualities."

So when match day 25 gets underway this weekend across nine venues in the country, just watch out for El-Kanemi's number 37 line up with his teammates against the NPFL champions, Enyimba, in Umuahia on Sunday.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg
Re: NPFL Introduces Teenage Sensation BATA......

Post by Oguleftie »

Enugu II wrote:

By Uchenna Iyoke

The Nigeria top-flight has, in the past, churned out top talent and witnessed some of the best schoolboys play in the championship. That trend has continued into this present day as the like of Godfrey Oboabona, Ahmed Musa, Brown Ideye and Efe Ambrose all cut their teeth at some point in the country's top division, now the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL).

These quartet have gone on to become key members of the Nigeria national team, the Super Eagles. But there are now emerging talents in the NPFL. One of such new names is El-Kanemi Warriors attacking winger, Hussaini Bata Mohammed. The youngster is already being branded Messi by supporters of the Maiduguri club.
Of course the nickname, Messi, bestowed on the right-footed winger comes from the fact that he has a semblance in physique to the FC Barcelona and Argentine superstar. Add to that, Bata has enough pace in him to burn as evident in matches he has appeared in for El-Kanemi Warriors this season.

Bata was promoted to the top-flight from El-Kanemi Feeders on the eve of the start of this season by coach Issa Ladan Bosso, who was impressed by the player's interpretation of the game. He made his debut in the 0-1 loss to Wikki Tourists on match day 1. However, since the Warriors returned to their home soil in Maiduguri, Bata has been in outstanding form, scoring four goals and providing three assists.

The petite winger played two seasons with the club's feeders before his promotion. He has now started in all matches since his newfound form after their return to home ground. Teams like Shooting Stars, Ikorodu United, Kano Pillars, Warri Wolves, Abia Warriors and Lobi Stars have experienced the crafty moves of the youngster, who Maiduguri football fans prefer to call Messi. His NPFL performances in the colours of El-Kanemi have already earned him man-of-the-match awards on three occasions.

The 16-year-old, who is enjoying loads of playing times in recent match days is thankful to Bosso, the man who showed so much belief in him and handed him a shot at top-flight football.
"I will like to thank my coach for giving me the chance not minding my age. I will give my best to ensure my team finishes in the top-five. Though it is a difficult task (achieving a top-five finish) but with hard work we can achieve it," Bata told npfl.ng.

Bata's low centre of gravity allows him to attempt crafty moves from the flanks like Messi, the superstar, who he is nicknamed after. He is always a threat to defenders, as he is a fast dribbler and often hits low crosses. Most of his goals, this term, have come from close range finish because of his sleek nature and positioning.

The youngster like every footballer is ambitious. He believes that a call-up to any of the national teams will come at the appropriate but wants to continue his development by featuring in more matches for El-Kanemi.

He added that his family has been a major source of motivation in his fledgling career so far. Bata admitted that he always feel obliged to give his best as a way to repay his family for their support.

"I am yet to play for any of the national team, though I believe my game will pave the way for a call-up. For now, I want to play more games, show my skills and score more goals. My parents and siblings watch me play always. So I don’t want to disappoint them. They are great sources of encouragement to me," he said.

Somehow those sources of encouragement has made the youngster fearless. Bata despite his small physique is ready to have a go at defenders, no matter their sizes in physical structure. Certainly the youngster must also be pointing to those popular words of Mark Twain that 'it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of fight in the dog' that matters.

Bata said: "I can take on any defender, especially when you look down on me because of my size, although I respect our defenders for their qualities."

So when match day 25 gets underway this weekend across nine venues in the country, just watch out for El-Kanemi's number 37 line up with his teammates against the NPFL champions, Enyimba, in Umuahia on Sunday.
Game is finished; Enyimba won 2 - 0.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Oguleftie wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

By Uchenna Iyoke

Game is finished; Enyimba won 2 - 0.
They should not be talking about finishing top 5.
Rather they should be talking about escaping relegation; right now they are just 4 points above relegation.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Nice to know.
By the way, how is Chikatara doing wherever he is?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Is this what niw qualifies as journalism?
OCCUPY NFF!!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Damunk wrote:Nice to know.
Chikatara had his one minute fame since then has disappeared into oblivion
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bully12 wrote:
Chikatara had his one minute fame since then has disappeared into oblivion
I sincerely hope not.
He is probably adjusting to his new environment.
But the question is where?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Image

At 16 he might still be eligible for next year's U17 WC.
Garba should take a close look.
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote: Image

At 16 he might still be eligible for next year's U17 WC.
Garba should take a close look.
The NFF has a rule against selecting players who play in the NPL for the U17 team.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk,

Chikatara is still in Umuahia with Abia Warriors. He played yesterday in the home loss to Plateau United. The club reportedly walked away from a deal with a Moroccan club because the latter did not come through with financial deadlines. The reports now claim that the club is working on a deal with an unnamed European team.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote:
Damunk,

Chikatara is still in Umuahia with Abia Warriors. He played yesterday in the home loss to Plateau United. The club reportedly walked away from a deal with a Moroccan club because the latter did not come through with financial deadlines. The reports now claim that the club is working on a deal with an unnamed European team.
This on and off saga is distracting the young man. They should get the deal done, or foreclose it.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ukwala wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Damunk,

This on and off saga is distracting the young man. They should get the deal done, or foreclose it.
TRUE WORD!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

:bump:
So does anyone know what happened to this young prospect?
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Hmmm. 16 year old NPFL sensation.