LETS WELCOME OUR NEW AMOKACHI...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: LETS WELCOME OUR NEW AMOKACHI...

Post by YUJAM »

Dammy wrote:
YUJAM wrote:He is not similar to Amo IMO. This bobo has game. No disrespect to Amo but a lot of his game was built around his strength. Besides Amo played on the wing where his running and strength created havoc. This kid has a better all around game from what I've seen. He can play any position on the field it seems
Yujam, are you sure you know Amokachi, he never played from the wings.
More of a support striker but he did like to operate from the flanks as opposed to Rashidi
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

If he was white or from this yeye Brazil, Barca ,Bayern and Real will be all over him for his signature.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

People just dey throw names of our heroes past around anyhow, na wah! Amokachie, Oliseh, soon it would be Truust is the new Uche Okechukwu, woah! The other day it was King Kanu after Umar had one game against Japan. Let these boys mature first before we overhype them. Amo was unplayable, he walked over men.

One thing I'd like to hear from Mikel is an honest assessment of playing in this team vs current SE.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Dammy wrote:
YUJAM wrote:He is not similar to Amo IMO. This bobo has game. No disrespect to Amo but a lot of his game was built around his strength. Besides Amo played on the wing where his running and strength created havoc. This kid has a better all around game from what I've seen. He can play any position on the field it seems
Shhhhhh!
You are spoiling the narrative a la yeyeman :taunt:
Waffiman, was in oyiboland when Amotaxi was bulldozing his way through the middle of defense
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Yujam i am extremely highly disappointed in this statement.You of all people know better...Any body that watched Nigeria will never,ever make such statements!!! Tunisia 94 Amokachie did operate on the left flanks but in general he was a support striker in the long run.

My problem with people like thread starter and a lot of Cybereagles fans is the fact that judge players that have a good tournament and want to crown them the next guy.

Daniel Amokachie was among our most consistent players for Nigeria till injury took his career away.Our winning streak when he played was great..as far as I am concerned there is nothing Etebo has done better than Amokachie to even be compared to him. There is nothing wrong with saying he is the next Amokachie but for anybody to want to say he is better than the bull..you didn't watch Nigerian football as much....
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

omey2k4 wrote:
Yujam i am extremely highly disappointed in this statement.You of all people know better...Any body that watched Nigeria will never,ever make such statements!!! Tunisia 94 Amokachie did operate on the left flanks but in general he was a support striker in the long run.

My problem with people like thread starter and a lot of Cybereagles fans is the fact that judge players that have a good tournament and want to crown them the next guy.

Daniel Amokachie was among our most consistent players for Nigeria till injury took his career away.Our winning streak when he played was great..as far as I am concerned there is nothing Etebo has done better than Amokachie to even be compared to him. There is nothing wrong with saying he is the next Amokachie but for anybody to want to say he is better than the bull..you didn't watch Nigerian football as much....

I think some have forgotten what Amokachi was.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I can understand your view especially given the fact that I watched him play

It was Amin ago though so I will have to watch him again

omey2k4 wrote:

Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

omey2k4 wrote:

nah dia way nah.. :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Just laughing. Etebo, Sadiq, Azubuikem, all have miles to cover to come anywhere near our heroes of 1994 and the 1996 Olympic team. The potential is there, no doubt.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Chimex101 wrote:In person of Mazi Oghenekaro Etebo :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:

We called it back then but dem talk say our mouth dey smell.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

wale1974 wrote:
Chimex101 wrote:In person of Mazi Oghenekaro Etebo :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Jury is still out! :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

New agent?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

It pain u and 1naija :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

We must maintain a sense of humility and perspective. Let's be careful to rememberr that this particular match was against bottom-placed Malaga. As happy as I was, watching Etebo, we'll have to wait until he demonstrates as much effectiveness against some of La Liga's finest.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:New agent?
Bros, so everybody is an 'agent' these days?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Dammy wrote:
Maybe he is thinking of Finidi :D
Oya back to the matter
open and close