Nigeria will qualify for 2018 with surprising ease

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

waka-man
Egg
Egg
Nigeria will qualify for 2018 with surprising ease

Post by waka-man »

Yep:
Missed 2 ANcs in a row
Youth and women's game in historic slump
Incompetent FA even by Nigerian standards
An unclear team, new manager and complete inability to score goals.

Today was not encouraging.

These are dark times for Nigerian football.

And yet

I sense Nigeria will qualify for 2018 with surprising ease.
And all because of timing.

A new captain with nothing left to prove apart from his qualities as a leaders. Rio was a dry run. His performance today a warning shot. Mikel will drive this team on and act as an elder statesman throughout the qualifiers.

The emergence of a bona fide next generation. Nacho and Iwobi will provide that wonderful combination of outstanding talent, youthful fearlessness and experience of playing in the most demanding situations. Alongside them expect the emergence of one of Imoh, Success or Osimhen to provide Nigeria with the most talented squad on the continent.

A settled back four. Balogun and Ekong make up for what they lack in talent with discipline, athleticism and ruggedness. Not since Yobo and an in form okoronkwo over a decade ago have we had such a partnership in central defence.

Around this group, a set of full backs seem on the cusp, defensive midfielders are emerging to take the load off Mikel and the erratic talents of Moses, Musa and Ighalo remain established internationals capable of hurting the best teams in the world on their day.

In addition, Cameroun and Zambia are not strong teams. Algeria I sense are over-rated, never capable of winning in sub-Saharan Africa.

Watch Nigeria qualify for the 2018 World Cup with surprising ease.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria will qualify for 2018 with surprising ease

Post by vancity eagle »

Bro we have never even qualified from piss poor groups WITH EASE.

We may end up qualifying for Russia, but there will be nothing easy about it.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

waka-man wrote:Yep:
Missed 2 ANcs in a row

And yet

A new captain with nothing left to prove apart from his qualities as a leaders. Rio was a dry run. His performance today a warning shot. Mikel will drive this team on and act as an elder statesman throughout the qualifiers.

The emergence of a bona fide next generation. Nacho and Iwobi will provide that wonderful combination of outstanding talent, youthful fearlessness and experience of playing in the most demanding situations. Alongside them expect the emergence of one of Imoh, Success or Osimhen to provide Nigeria with the most talented squad on the continent.

A settled back four. Balogun and Ekong make up for what they lack in talent with discipline, athleticism and ruggedness. Not since Yobo and an in form okoronkwo over a decade ago have we had such a partnership in central defence.

Around this group, a set of full backs seem on the cusp, defensive midfielders are emerging to take the load off Mikel and the erratic talents of Moses, Musa and Ighalo remain established internationals capable of hurting the best teams in the world on their day.

In addition, Cameroun and Zambia are not strong teams. Algeria I sense are over-rated, never capable of winning in sub-Saharan Africa.

You maybe right...................Nigeria always makes easy things look hard and 'supposably' hard things easy.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Missed 2 ANcs in a row

And yet

KPOM :clap: :clap: :clap:
I am happy
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Oh dear
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

This is one if the reasons I love CE
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

YUJAM wrote:This is one if the reasons I love CE
You gotta love it!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Kai, na real wa! Instead of simply acknowledging that Nigeria has as good a chance as the other teams, it is now that we will simply walk on all of them with ease.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

One game at a time ....we do have goo fixtures favoring us..the way the match days are setup
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

This topic as CE as CE can get..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Well let me qualify the phrase "with ease"....
We'll win all out home games and have qualified before we have to go Algeria in Nov 17.
For a comparison, Egypt qualified for ANC 2017 with ease.
That's the bet I'm making having watched all the sides and looked at the fixtures.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

I am going to give a guarantee now. Take all our World Cup qualifying matches to Uyo and we will win ALL of them!
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

YUJAM wrote:This is one if the reasons I love CE
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Missed 2 ANcs in a row
Bros, our WOMEN's game is hardly in any "slump" (let alone "historic")...
Did not make the Olympics as usual, but are in the U17 and U20 WWCs this year - and Falcons set to defend the AWC in Nov!
waka-man wrote:Watch Nigeria qualify for the 2018 World Cup with surprising ease.
From your mouth to... :thumbs:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Based on the Tanzania game this is not far fetched. This Team if improved upon will do some serious damage in the qualifiers..but we have to learn how to score.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

pajimoh wrote:Oh dear
smh
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

vancity eagle wrote:Bro we have never even qualified from piss poor groups WITH EASE.

True,I don't know why a follower of Nigerian football will say such a thing but yes we have a talented group of players to look forward too.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I am very happy about the direction of the SE.

This team I feel is "about to explode" as some people are suggesting.

Had we been in Gabon, I feel the ANC would be ours to lose.

If we make it to Russia, teams better watch out.

But folks the sad truth is this.

Even if we play very well and are on top of our game, realistically we have no more than a coins toss odds to qualify for Russia.

This group could be decided by poor ref decisions, bad luck, or simply a moment of brilliance from a key player of any team.

Algeria is no joke and they will also be hungry to qualify. I think we are overall a better team than them, but it is very close, and when you are up against a team like that it can go either way. We have to be on our game 100% and even then it is not a given.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Obong wrote:I am going to give a guarantee now. Take all our World Cup qualifying matches to Uyo and we will win ALL of them!
...but they need to sort out the pitch.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

another prophecy??
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Missed 2 ANcs in a row

And yet

In addition, we will owe the coaches their salaries.

In addition, we will not be able to pay players bonuses and allowances as at when due.

In addition, the team will apply a day after the match :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

vancity eagle wrote:Bro we have never even qualified from piss poor groups WITH EASE.

I can't remember when we qualified for any tournament with ease. We always make qualifications harder than it's supposed to be in many cases, I do not expect it to be different in this case.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

zee wrote:
Missed 2 ANcs in a row

And yet

You maybe right...................Nigeria always makes easy things look hard and 'supposably' hard things easy.
... and that is true also
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »