Klopp admits Premier League tougher, deeper than he thought

femibyte

Post by femibyte »

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2016/09/02/ ... e-thought/

4 Comments
By Nicholas MendolaSep 2, 2016, 8:40 PM EDT

Before managing in the Premier League, Jurgen Klopp would get a chuckle out of Cup score lines that read, “Southend 1-0 Manchester United”.

Now he gets it.

The Liverpool boss gave yet another revealing interview this week, speaking with The Daily Mail for a sprawling piece on life in England and how he fell in love with Anfield.

[ USMNT-SVG: Match recap | Three things ]

And he also spoke in depth about the strength of professional clubs in England, and how he can just throw reserves out there in Cup competitions and expect to win.

From The Daily Mail:

“All I did not know is how the cup games are. In Germany all you might read is: ‘’Manchester United lost to Milton Keynes, ha ha ha’. You don’t know there were 20 games before, 100 games to go, and they were playing their eighth team. You don’t get a line-up. It’s only, ‘‘Look at them…’

“The big difference to Spain is that Barcelona can play 50 per cent of their games with Team B; or there are games where Lionel Messi runs 4.3 kilometres but scores five goals. That’s a recovery session. England has no recovery session, in absolutely any game.”

Add another name to the list of those who now “get” the challenge of a top-to-bottom league where a lesser light can finish high and a super power can drop down the table.
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com
Re: Klopp admits Premier League tougher, deeper than he thou

femibyte wrote:http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2016/09/02/ ... e-thought/

4 Comments
By Nicholas MendolaSep 2, 2016, 8:40 PM EDT

Before managing in the Premier League, Jurgen Klopp would get a chuckle out of Cup score lines that read, “Southend 1-0 Manchester United”.

Now he gets it.

The Liverpool boss gave yet another revealing interview this week, speaking with The Daily Mail for a sprawling piece on life in England and how he fell in love with Anfield.

[ USMNT-SVG: Match recap | Three things ]

And he also spoke in depth about the strength of professional clubs in England, and how he can just throw reserves out there in Cup competitions and expect to win.

From The Daily Mail:

“All I did not know is how the cup games are. In Germany all you might read is: ‘’Manchester United lost to Milton Keynes, ha ha ha’. You don’t know there were 20 games before, 100 games to go, and they were playing their eighth team. You don’t get a line-up. It’s only, ‘‘Look at them…’

The big difference to Spain is that Barcelona can play 50 per cent of their games with Team B; or there are games where Lionel Messi runs 4.3 kilometres but scores five goals. That’s a recovery session. England has no recovery session, in absolutely any game.”

Add another name to the list of those who now “get” the challenge of a top-to-bottom league where a lesser light can finish high and a super power can drop down the table.

I am not saying i disagree, but It’s interesting how he is saying he didnt know how tough EPL was until he experienced it, himself. Then, in the same article, he is talking about a spanish League he has never experienced. :rotf:

Anyway, i like Klopp, but i am a bit disapointed at his performance in England.

Ahhhh another one gets it!

tolahs

Post by tolahs »

Very tough league.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.

Oops some people will not like this thread :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

That clown.. :-) I guess he forgot that one of the useless, non-competitive teams from La Liga humiliated his side in the final of the Europa league.

If such foolish talk was the only determinant of the competitiveness of leagues, the EPL would be no 1 in the universe 8-)

anikulapo wrote:Oops some people will not like this thread :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

1. Vincent - "has Kloppo coached in the NDL?"

2. txj - "he keeps setting up his lines incorrectly; we need a continental coach"

3. ChICken - "click here to read what I wrote about this same topic. click it now, you will save a child in Africa"

4. Yu-seless - "rass, babylon must burn"

WE-pocrites will ignore the words of Klopp (a top 10 global coach) and focus on Scholes (who is looking to go the way of Gary Neville and Thierry Henry

tfco wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Oops some people will not like this thread :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

1. Vincent - "has Kloppo coached in the NDL?"

2. txj - "he keeps setting up his lines incorrectly; we need a continental coach"

3. ChICken - "click here to read what I wrote about this same topic. click it now, you will save a child in Africa"

4. Yu-seless - "rass, babylon must burn"
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

YUJAM wrote:That clown.. :-) I guess he forgot that one of the useless, non-competitive teams from La Liga humiliated his side in the final of the Europa league.

If such foolish talk was the only determinant of the competitiveness of leagues, the EPL would be no 1 in the universe 8-)

He's talking about the nature of the league, he's not saying which league is stronger pound for pound. The nature of the EPL is that the so called big teams lose more often than not to the "smaller" teams as opposed to how it is in other big leagues in Europe and I agree with him.

Mr. Piffington wrote:
YUJAM wrote:That clown.. :-) I guess he forgot that one of the useless, non-competitive teams from La Liga humiliated his side in the final of the Europa league.

He's talking about the nature of the league, he's not saying which league is stronger pound for pound. The nature of the EPL is that the so called big teams lose more often than not to the "smaller" teams as opposed to how it is in other big leagues in Europe and I agree with him.
why.do.you.even.bother.to.explain

tfco wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WE-pocrites will ignore the words of Klopp (a top 10 global coach) and focus on Scholes (who is looking to go the way of Gary Neville and Thierry Henry
WE ignore Klopp b/c we know that he knows which side his bread is buttered. If he gets a coaching gig in Spain, guess what he'd say. Oh, you don't have to guess, I can remind you of what Borinho said when he was at Madrid.
bonecrusher

Post by bonecrusher »

So is it Barca's fault that they thrash Arsenal 3-0 in a first leg of a CL game and the second game is a recovery game as Klop will put it?

In the last 3 years Madrid, Barca and ATM have played more games than EPL teams. So what's his excuse for ATM who have done relatively well given they have played more games and not a dominant team like Barca. abeg make wonna stop with all these useless talk of many games.

bonecrusher wrote:So is it Barca's fault that they thrash Arsenal 3-0 in a first leg of a CL game and the second game is a recovery game as Klop will put it?

In the last 3 years Madrid, Barca and ATM have played more games than EPL teams. So what's his excuse for ATM who have done relatively well given they have played more games and not a dominant team like Barca. abeg make wonna stop with all these useless talk of many games.
you did not read the article....lol

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WE ignore Klopp b/c we know that he knows which side his bread is buttered. If he gets a coaching gig in Spain, guess what he'd say. Oh, you don't have to guess, I can remind you of what Borinho said when he was at Madrid.
did Klopp also know who was buttering his bread when spoke of the inflated player prices or how Our journos are impatient with transfer windows?
Last edited by tfco on Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think we can hazard a guess as to which side of the mouth Klopp is speaking from. :D

tfco wrote:
did Klopp also know who was buttering his bread when spoke of the inflated player prices or how Our journos are impatient with transfer windows?
The Curse of Thicko strikes again. Excuses for failure to sign the players he wanted, to win the games he needs to win, for his bread to continue to be buttered.

Mr. Piffington wrote:

I understand him. He is making excuses for the EPL's performance in Europe. He prolly hasn't gotten over the Sevilla humiliation of last season

Tactically or from a skill perspective the EPL is no big shakes. They are more interested in short term gain than playing great football.

YUJAM wrote:I understand him. He is making excuses for the EPL's performance in Europe. He prolly hasn't gotten over the Sevilla humiliation of last season

Tactically or from a skill perspective the EPL is no big shakes. They are more interested in short term gain than playing great football.
Has Villareal gotten over the humiliation of losing to Liverpool? :D

bonecrusher

Post by bonecrusher »

tfco wrote:
bonecrusher wrote:So is it Barca's fault that they thrash Arsenal 3-0 in a first leg of a CL game and the second game is a recovery game as Klop will put it?

You EPL folks need to quit with this nonsense about too many games in the EPL. When EPL teams were making CL semi finals and finals in the numbers, no one was complaining. Now that the teams are garbage, the excuse is now that there are too many games.

Like I have said if the reason is the number of games, how can a team like ATM be performing so well. Most of you dont rate ATM but they have played the same if not more games than EPL teams in the past 3 years but still kept pace with barca (ATM was 3rd the past 2 seasons losing to barca by 3 points) while performing well in the champions league as well?

This is the same EPL and only big league where a team has gone undefeated in an entire season.

bonecrusher wrote:
tfco wrote:

You EPL folks need to quit with this nonsense about too many games in the EPL. When EPL teams were making CL semi finals and finals in the numbers, no one was complaining. Now that the teams are garbage, the excuse is now that there are too many games.

Like I have said if the reason is the number of games, how can a team like ATM be performing so well. Most of you dont rate ATM but they have played the same if not more games than EPL teams in the past 3 years but still kept pace with barca (ATM was 3rd the past 2 seasons losing to barca by 3 points) while performing well in the champions league as well?

This is the same EPL and only big league where a team has gone undefeated in an entire season.
Uhm, actually, they were complaining.
It is not a new thing by any means. :idea:
bonecrusher

Post by bonecrusher »

YUJAM wrote:I understand him. He is making excuses for the EPL's performance in Europe. He prolly hasn't gotten over the Sevilla humiliation of last season

Has Villareal gotten over the humiliation of losing to Liverpool? :D
And here was I thinking Villareal isn't a proper team so pool beating them shouldn't be seen as humiliation. :taunt:

maybe once Pep talk am too these La Liganese peeps go get am :taunt: