Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Man Utd about to shell 40 million for Bailly

Post by tfco »

Waffiman wrote: Besides, Bailly was at fault for the goal. He lost the key header to our Kelechi. But he will learn like all foreign CBs do with those long balls.
whaaaaaat?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Can this thread be merge to Manu thread?
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

txj wrote:The irony, esp from watching today, is that the real stalwart in the United defence is Blind..The Ivorien has the WWF highlights and dominates the press clips.

Both positionally, awareness of movements and key pass delivery from defence, the Dutchman is the key player...

Today City simply passed around Bailly and he had little influence, save for the three last ditch tackles, all huge; one on Fernandinho and two on KDB, the 2nd coming at a time the Belgian was clearly gassed.

One thing Bailly has always had is recovery...I like the player; advocated for him when the ex-Ivorien coach was fooling around with Sekou Bamba...
:rotf: :rotf: Sure. I won't even dare mention it to my Dutch mates because they'll roll around laughing for the rest of the day.

The real stalwart in the United defence is Blind. :rotf: Lol. Good to know there are EPL fans that actually overrate Blind.

The United defence was made to look good against bad to mediocre opposition. They faced a big team and the big team went after the weak link. For good reason...because he's the weak link not the "real stalwart". :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

--------------------------------------------
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by wiseone »

Jonesy is injured again. Not quite sure how he managed that given that he has not played a competitive football match for about 8 months. The guy's career may be ruined because his body is as brittle as a poppadom.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

marko wrote:the difference between LVG and Mourinho was the last game, LVG would only get a draw
Which last game?The Manchester derby?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Poor loss today. Well coached game from Giovani Van Bronckhorst.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Where is tfco? If it is to come laugh in Spurs thread after a loss, he is there.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Cristao II wrote:Where is tfco? If it is to come laugh in Spurs thread after a loss, he is there.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

away loss vs home loss

Enjoy your anomaly in the CL.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

tfco wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Where is tfco? If it is to come laugh in Spurs thread after a loss, he is there.

away loss vs home loss

At least we lost in the CL. You lost in the bloody Europa!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

How much did y'all spend again on dabmaster? Even getting ze Special one .. chei!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The knives are sharpening. Pogba needs to do something and quick. A talent without doubt, perhaps a little lethargic following his exploits over the summer. Like anyone else, he should be given time, only he wont be by a brutal media baying for blood.

Where's that rugged rightback who looked decent last season, Timothy FCO, if Valencia was being rested, surely this chap deserved a run out, gave a very good account of himself last term.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cristao II wrote:
tfco wrote:

away loss vs home loss

At least we lost in the CL. You lost in the bloody Europa!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

How much did y'all spend again on dabmaster? Even getting ze Special one .. chei!!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I hope Manu continue this form,nice way to start Europa,just one them stay in Europa for a long time so Thursday football will affect them in league.....
Jose looking clueless every day...
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

@Benteke,today Rooney was rested and you guys loss,so who do you blame today?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

kajifu wrote:@Benteke,today Rooney was rested and you guys loss,so who do you blame today?
It's not like if he is dropped then bingo we start winning 5-0 at once.
Not starting him is a long term solution that will help the team in the long run, and its something that must happen

And today we did not lose because Rooney was absent, it's not like he was going to do anything extraordinary.
The team lost for other reasons, it was largely a different team.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Cristao II wrote:
tfco wrote:

away loss vs home loss

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A loss is a loose is a lose.
Spurs and CL - hahahahaha

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Manchester United play today is so disjointed like SE playing crucial qualifier vs African side. Like every player to himself, Rashford was so pissed, but who wan listen to a kid.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

mcal wrote:...Manchester United play today is so disjointed like SE playing crucial qualifier vs African side. Like every player to himself, Rashford was so pissed, but who wan listen to a kid.

A lot of fans thought the only problem was LVG and his methods, but this is showing that hiring Mourinho is not an automatic solution to the problems
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

I think Manchester United is going to endure more struggles over the course of the season as Mourinho also tries to get to grips with the squad and put his methods in place.

The team has gone from Ferguson's style of football to Moyes who didn't seem to have a clear plan, then a completely different style that LVG was still trying to implement, and now it looks like it's going full circle with Mourinho set to try his own way that will be very different to LVG possession based football.

This is unlike at Liverpool where they replaced Rodgers with a manager who has the same style of football, or at City where the directors of football set out a clear posession style that Pellegrini used and now a seamless transition to Guardiola.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Fosu-Mensah is a good player but he is a DM or CD, not a RB.

In other news the Feyenoord goal was offside.
Coach wrote:The knives are sharpening. Pogba needs to do something and quick. A talent without doubt, perhaps a little lethargic following his exploits over the summer. Like anyone else, he should be given time, only he wont be by a brutal media baying for blood.

Where's that rugged rightback who looked decent last season, Timothy FCO, if Valencia was being rested, surely this chap deserved a run out, gave a very good account of himself last term.
Last edited by wiseone on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:FOS Mensah is a good player but he is a DM or CD, not a RB.

In other news the Feyenoord goal was offside.

Fair enough
But that off-side goal came in the 79th minute.
Where was Man United's goals all along.
We have a few issues that hopefully Mr Mourinho will wipe out as we go forward, i will be very patient :thumbs:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

At this rate we could be entertaining rumours of Mourinho impending sacking after the Liverpool &.Chelsea games.

Mini crisis that needs to be arrested asap :biggrin:
cyrilndo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cyrilndo »

cyrilndo wrote:Me sef, I did suspect this Pobga.
I am still to see what is good to him.

For those who have seen the super player he is, I am sorry I have been blind each time he was playing except during Euro 2016 :D

Many times I suspected Pobga and I have doubted him.
I learnt he was poor again today.
" The best way to have a fair judgement on anything is to imagine yourself sitting somewhere in space watching planet earth with the beings that inhabit it, especially those who call themselves homo sapiens. You have no nationality or tribe, you are not a fan of Arsenal, Barca, Inter Milan, Manchester United etc. You won't see a booty or huge boobs if they walk pass you. Money is like tissue to you. what is your opinion? "

This post has been made by camex whom I have ignored.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

cyrilndo wrote:
cyrilndo wrote:Me sef, I did suspect this Pobga.
I am still to see what is good to him.

For those who have seen the super player he is, I am sorry I have been blind each time he was playing except during Euro 2016 :D

Many times I suspected Pobga and I have doubted him.
I learnt he was poor again today.

He has been unlucky to come into a malfunctioning team.
Well not unlucky as such coz he chose to go to Old Trafford :biggrin:

But he is likely to improve as the whole team improves.