Pogba is overrated

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pogba is overrated

Post by Vincent. »

Pogba is a very good player. If Man United are willing to blow GBP 100 million on him, it is their money and they have the right to do so. The obvious gamble is that at 22, nobody knows how he will develop. Will he improve significantly with age or has he peaked? Only time will tell.

The extraordinary price is determined by the fact that Juventus don't need to sell, the player is not desperate to leave, and many clubs are interested. His price was EUR 80 million last year, now it is about EUR 120million. That is a significant increase.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He is good, but he is not worth 100 million.

I will not pay anything more than 40 million pounds for him. Well you are worth what the market says you are worth. I shop at Ross and Walmart. I don't shop at the expensive retail outlets.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Vincent. wrote:Pogba is a very good player. If Man United are willing to blow GBP 100 million on him, it is their money and they have the right to do so. The obvious gamble is that at 22, nobody knows how he will develop. Will he improve significantly with age or has he peaked? Only time will tell.

The extraordinary price is determined by the fact that Juventus don't need to sell, the player is not desperate to leave, and many clubs are interested. His price was EUR 80 million last year, now it is about EUR 120million. That is a significant increase.
Chelsea made an 85 m euros bid for Pogba last year and it was rejected.

As for the player not being desperate to leave, I take it you have spoken to him?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote:He is good, but he is not worth 100 million.

I will not pay anything more than 40 million pounds for him. Well you are worth what the market says you are worth. I shop at Ross and Walmart. I don't shop at the expensive retail outlets.
And yet, your club paid 45 million pounds for dross like Ozil and Sanchez. Both rejects, whose clubs wanted them out in order to use the money to finance deals for much better players like Suarez and James Rodriguez.

Don't worry, keep purchasing losers, while others purchase winners.

Lol @ I won't pay more than 40 million, like Pogba will even reduce himself to consider your club. Go and try and attract the likes of Vardy, Mahrez and Johnny Evans who keep rejecting you first.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

kajifu wrote:Oga cic old boy and oga Coach both of you take a bow.You guys have put down some solid points.
Some serious points with merit from both camps. Well done CIC and Coach

Please Ogolo dont post on this thread and instantly lower the IQ and level of discourse
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:

And yet, your club paid 45 million pounds for dross like Ozil and Sanchez. Both rejects, whose clubs wanted them out in order to use the money to finance deals for much better players like Suarez and James Rodriguez.

Lol @ I won't pay more than 40 million, like Pogba will even reduce himself to consider your club. Go and try and attract the likes of Vardy, Mahrez and Johnny Evans who keep rejecting you first.

So Ozil a WC winner is now a 'loser,' but Pogba that has yet to win much is the 'winner'...na wa for una logic. Put Pogba on Arsenal and they are still not winning EPL or CL...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

danfo driver wrote:

Ozil is a World cup winner, has won a couple of FA cups, La Liga titles and etc.

Sanchez a couple of Copa America titles, La Liga titles, FA cup titles and etc.

Certaintly not losers. We got Sanchez at a cheap price of about 35 million pounds. Ozil was appropriately priced at 44 million pounds.

Pogba is not worth 100 million pounds, well not to me.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Ozil is a World cup winner, has won a couple of FA cups, La Liga titles and etc.

Sanchez a couple of Copa America titles, La Liga titles, FA cup titles and etc.

Certaintly not losers. We got Sanchez at a cheap price of about 35 million pounds. Ozil was appropriately priced at 44 million pounds.

Pogba is not worth 100 million pounds, well not to me.
Ozil has won one league title, the same amount Alexis has won since he came to Europe. Pogba on the other hand has won 4 league titles! Ozil and Sanchez were asked to get the hell out of their clubs, Pogba? Juve is begging him not to leave! Huge difference! When you throw 45 million on two losers who were being pushed out, then you have absolutely no mouth to speak! Sorry. None! Look at how much pain Ozil brings to Arsenal fans? And then Sanchez, spending all his time doing pius ikedia :rotf:

Then let's speak about marketability. You combine Sanchez and Ozil, and their marketability does not even come close to Pogba! Not even close! Sorry, please just sit down and allow the big teams be who they are - big teams.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

I still don't know how this clown is the highest paid player in the world.....are you serious?
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Benedict Iroha wrote:I still don't know how this clown is the highest paid player in the world.....are you serious?
Pogba is GOLD...............but anybody will look crap under the 'football-coward'. Put Pogba under Klopp or Pep and everyone will crown him one of the best players in the world.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

Nah, Pogba isn't overrated. He's in the wrong setup, simple. Warning signs were there since the Euros when Deschamps' accommodation of Griezmann pushed him into a deeper role. TBH i was surprised Man Utd went for him in the first place, let alone breaking the bank. The move didn't seem like the greatest match. Still early days though.

There's also the fact that the rest of the squad seem to have teething problems, with players not sure what they're supposed to be doing.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

zee wrote: Pogba is GOLD...............but anybody will look crap under the 'football-coward'. Put Pogba under Klopp or Pep and everyone will crown him one of the best players in the world.
Pogba may improve under better coaches, but there is a reason why Barca and Real refused to take him. Barca had first option on him but were not convinced.
http://www.naijiant.com/
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Like it or not he ain't worth 100milla, Just as Bale ain't worth the obscene money paid for him. This is not about black or white, I have always asked what the noise about him was when he was playing for Jive. He is a good player, but truth is he won't give you anything more than the likes of Sissoko, Mahrez, Ngolo, Sanchez, Ozil, Dembele, Carzola would give you in a match.

I feel sorry for the boy because the blood sucking agents have set him up and used him to make their money, now it is left to him to face the usual insane scrutiny, pressure and expectations that follows from fans and pundits.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Pogba (autocorrect keeps changing it to Drogba) is a very good player and more effective if surrounded by the right players but he foolishly signed for #TalentKiller Jose Mourinho...now e go do am like e do Man Ataye when he first saw a naked woman soon... Kai...100 mil and you're getting bodied by a 6 mil player... Like hard o
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

cic old boy wrote:
zee wrote: Pogba is GOLD...............but anybody will look crap under the 'football-coward'. Put Pogba under Klopp or Pep and everyone will crown him one of the best players in the world.
Pogba may improve under better coaches, but there is a reason why Barca and Real refused to take him. Barca had first option on him but were not convinced.
I understand Barca, Pogba's game won't fit with Barca's 'smooth-flow' style...........but a Klopp with his 'pressing' style that depends on a solid midfield 'kingpin' orchestrating the moves will be a perfect fit for Pogba.
That said.................Pogba is not worth near $100m but it was never his call.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

:D CiC ndo.
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

100%Naija wrote:Pogba (autocorrect keeps changing it to Drogba) is a very good player and more effective if surrounded by the right players but he foolishly signed for #TalentKiller Jose Mourinho...now e go do am like e do Man Ataye when he first saw a naked woman soon... Kai...100 mil and you're getting bodied by a 6 mil player... Like hard o
:woot: :lol: :lol:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

We could have sold them Carroll for 5m less :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

He is being biatchslapped all over the place. He is another Veron.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

oloye wrote:Like it or not he ain't worth 100milla, Just as Bale ain't worth the obscene money paid for him. This is not about black or white, I have always asked what the noise about him was when he was playing for Jive. He is a good player, but truth is he won't give you anything more than the likes of Sissoko, Mahrez, Ngolo, Sanchez, Ozil, Dembele, Carzola would give you in a match.

I feel sorry for the boy because the blood sucking agents have set him up and used him to make their money, now it is left to him to face the usual insane scrutiny, pressure and expectations that follows from fans and pundits.
Bro cool down on Bale. Bale has delivered 2 CL!! That is worth it.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

When times are hard friends are few.

When Pogba was at Juventus people were gushing at a how Ferguson made his biggest mistake to let such a talent go.

Now people talk of Pogba as if he is some championship journeyman.

He will prove critics wrong
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:Like it or not he ain't worth 100milla, Just as Bale ain't worth the obscene money paid for him. This is not about black or white, I have always asked what the noise about him was when he was playing for Jive. He is a good player, but truth is he won't give you anything more than the likes of Sissoko, Mahrez, Ngolo, Sanchez, Ozil, Dembele, Carzola would give you in a match.

Bro cool down on Bale. Bale has delivered 2 CL!! That is worth it.
He has delivered , but he is still overpriced which is my main contention. By the way i was one of his shriners at Spurs.... Take away the price tag, Real would have done something bad to him......when you come in at that tag, often time you are on the field not because of the form. By this i mean players who come in with hefty price tag...for many matches Torres was on the field at Chelsea he ought not to even be on the bench.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

spastic wrote: :D CiC ndo.
Wetin?
http://www.naijiant.com/