ROHR IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO MANAGE THIS MUCH TALENT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
ROHR IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO MANAGE THIS MUCH TALENT

Post by JACKAL »

This coach doesn't know what he is doing.

His management of today's game was very questionable. We could have won by a comfortable 4-0 margin but he let a surprisingly poor Zambian team off the hook. A 3rd goal would have totally broken their spirit at the start of the 2nd half instead he let his team pass the ball around aimlessly. He should have made his changes While they were piling pressure on us and not after they scored. He must be so used to playing mediocre talent if he thought Ighalo & Musa were good enough for the national team

I often use the word "POISE" to describe great players. If you want to know what it means, go check out Nachos goal.

I still dont know Simon's claim to fame for making the national team. He is not good enough in my opinion. Moses or Success would have been more effective in that spot

Ndidi is a better player than Musa, but he needs to get comfortable in that RB position

Iwobi was just ok, but I know he is on his way to greatness.

Ideye was much, much better than Ighalo. He actually had chances to score.

The rest of them played ok...
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ROHR IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO MANAGE THIS MUCH TALENT

Post by Purity »

A local coach would likely have lost this game to Zambia..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Purity wrote:A local coach would likely have lost this game to Zambia..
Which one ?
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Any.. At best would have been draw..
Solowe wrote:
Which one ?
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Solowe wrote:
Which one ?

Pick one.

When last did a local coach beat a team of Zambias calibre on the road ?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Solowe wrote:This coach doesn't know what he is doing.

His management of today's game was very questionable. We could have won by a comfortable 4-0 margin but he let a surprisingly poor Zambian team off the hook. A 3rd goal would have totally broken their spirit at the start of the 2nd half instead he let his team pass the ball around aimlessly. He should have made his changes While they were piling pressure on us and not after they scored. He must be so used to playing mediocre talent if he thought Ighalo & Musa were good enough for the national team

I often use the word "POISE" to describe great players. If you want to know what it means, go check out Nachos goal.

I still dont know Simon's claim to fame for making the national team. He is not good enough in my opinion. Moses or Success would have been more effective in that spot

Ndidi is a better player than Musa, but he needs to get comfortable in that RB position

It's called controlled possession, and it got us a clear chance to close out the game, but for Ideye, whom ironically you are praising here.

True he had some good moments and was superb for the 2nd goal, but he didn't do nearly enough...
Last edited by txj on Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Rohr needed to bring on Esiti before that goal. I called it at halftime, dont know why he had to wait.

Other than that our players were far too casual in the second half.

Omeruo is a junk defender. The only 2 goals we have conceeded in our last 4 matches were a result of his uselessness. Today and vs Luxembourg. This cannot be forgiven.

Ndidi today was useless at right back. Echijele was also useless.

If Joel Obi can stay fit he needs to play LB.

RB search continues, Ndidi was abused today like a child in a room full of pedophiles.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

vancity eagle wrote:
Solowe wrote:
Which one ?
Pick one.
Abeg make una no ague, I wan jus enjoi this victry, I beg una
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

You don't know what you are saying.
Do you think the boys played these beautiful combinations just out of nothing?
You can easily spot that our players for the first time for ages were actually well prepared.
They actually practiced dead ball situations and off-the ball-movement.
For the first time our dead balls were dangerous and our players could string more than 3 passes together.
To think Rohr does not play a part in this is ridiculous.

Rohr might not be a magician but he is simply the right coach for this team.
Nevertheless there is still a lot of work to do, especially when it comes to defending and our balance in midfield.
But I'm confident the boys will improve in time.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

vancity eagle wrote:
Solowe wrote:
Which one ?

Pick one.

The team we played today is not your daddy's Zambia ! You wait till we meet Cameroon or Algeria and you will see what a real team looks like..
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

I like the way that he has the team playing, but he definitely waited too long to bring Esiti on. Ditto for Musa. With the tide turning in Zambia's favor, his best avenue to changing the game should have been bringing on Esiti and Musa. Esiti to add extra steel in defensive midifield and Musa to exploit them on the counter. Neither move materialized when it should have.

That said, taking 3 points in Zambia no be beans so he deserves some kudos as well.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

DAgrin wrote:

You can easily spot that our players for the first time for ages were actually well prepared.
For the first time our dead balls were dangerous and our players could string more than 3 passes together.

Nevertheless there is still a lot of work to do, especially when it comes to defending and our balance in midfield.
Even though we had better players, we played a really poor zambian team. Their body language alone told us they expected to lose today...
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

mystic wrote:I like the way that he has the team playing, but he definitely waited too long to bring Esiti on. Ditto for Musa. With the tide turning in Zambia's favor, his best avenue to changing the game should have been bringing on Esiti and Musa. Esiti to add extra steel in defensive midifield and Musa to exploit them on the counter. Neither move materialized when it should have.

That said, taking 3 points in Zambia no be beans so he deserves some kudos as well.
Finally, a mature mind who knows what he is looking at :mrgreen:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

vancity eagle wrote:
Solowe wrote:
Which one ?

Pick one.

Like I said, this is not your daddys Zambia !
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The Bly local coaches that would have won that game have been starved to death by the NFF. Rip to the big boss and Amodu
OCCUPY NFF!!
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Solowe wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Solowe wrote:
Which one ?

Pick one.

The team we played today is not your daddy's Zambia ! You wait till we meet Cameroon or Algeria and you will see what a real team looks like..
For heavens sakes what is this statement based on? Cameroon that has hardly done jack for the past 8 years, that we beat in a friendly with a rag tag team, or Algeria that I bet you haven't seen play since the World Cup. Na wa.

Rohr hasn't been on the job for a minute, and you are passing mind buggling judgements. One can see he's using a system of elimination, in gradually knowing his real team. It is clear he is still trying to know his players, what is the use of changing a struggling player for one whom you don't know or trust and probably performed worse during training. That takes time, so chill.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

vancity eagle wrote:Rohr needed to bring on Esiti before that goal. I called it at halftime, dont know why he had to wait.

Omeruo is a junk defender. The only 2 goals we have conceeded in our last 4 matches were a result of his uselessness. Today and vs Luxembourg. This cannot be forgiven.

RB search continues, Ndidi was abused today like a child in a room full of pedophiles.
After saying all that, how can you still think his a great coach ??

Every dummy coach in soccer knows a 2 goal advantage is the most dangerous lead you can have in soccer... The first 15 minutes of the 2nd half should have been played at a blistering pace in a search for a goal by our team.

Ndidi does not play right back and you could tell during the game by the way he was trying to defend on one one situations ... but he was still a better player than musa and with time he will settle into the role.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Solowe wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Solowe wrote:
Which one ?

Pick one.

So you couldn't answer my question ?

Nigeria has never beaten Zambia away before. Today we made HISTORY. Take your crappy local coaches and piss off.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

okidoki wrote:
Solowe wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Solowe wrote:
Which one ?

Pick one.

For heavens sakes what is this statement based on? Cameroon that has hardly done jack for the past 8 years, that we beat in a friendly with a rag tag team, or Algeria that I bet you haven't seen play since the World Cup. Na wa.

Rohr hasn't been on the job for a minute, and you are passing mind buggling judgements. One can see he's using a system of elimination, in gradually knowing his real team. It is clear he is still trying to know his players, what is the use of changing a struggling player for one whom you don't know or trust and probably performed worse during training. That takes time, so chill.
Trust me, this Zambia team is a shadow of their previous teams... they have a little more spirit in them than what we saw today. I have seen both Cameroon and Algeria play in the last 3-6 months and they looked good. If you think Cameroon is going to show up with the same jacked team we played a few months ago you must be dreaming bro..

Rohr has played 4 games thus far, i think i can see what he is made of in 4 games...
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Solowe wrote:
DAgrin wrote:

Even though we had better players, we played a really poor zambian team. Their body language alone told us they expected to lose today...

Did we not have better players in away matches vs

Swaziland
Tanzania
Sudan
S. Africa
Egypt
Namibia
Malawi

Pray tell me what happened in those away matches coached by your precious local coaches.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Solowe wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Rohr needed to bring on Esiti before that goal. I called it at halftime, dont know why he had to wait.

After saying all that, how can you still think his a great coach ??

Every dummy coach in soccer knows a 2 goal advantage is the most dangerous lead you can have in soccer... The first 15 minutes of the 2nd half should have been played at a blistering pace in a search for a goal by our team.

Ndidi does not play right back and you could tell during the game by the way he was trying to defend on one one situations ... but he was still a better player than musa and with time he will settle into the role.

Where did I say Rohr is a great coach ?

One thing is for sure though, great or not, he is far better than all the useless local coaches we have had in the past decade.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

I sincerely hope you're not serious with that comment, otherwise, it would rank up there with some of the silliest ever....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

vancity eagle wrote:
Solowe wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Solowe wrote:
Which one ?

Pick one.

So you couldn't answer my question ?

Nigeria has never beaten Zambia away before. Today we made HISTORY. Take your crappy local coaches and piss off.
The truth is we almost never play Zambia or a team of Zambia Caliber becuase the rankings dont allow it... But since we have both fallen in the rankings..now we meet each other... Again this is not your daddy's Zambia ! .. You want to know how bad they are ?? Watch their games vs Cameroon and Algeria....

I like good coaches, local or otherwise... This Rohr is "piss" poor. You are the same people in a few months when he is not getting the same results who will be calling for his head.... But I trust you wont... you will stick with him the same way your stuck with Ighalo even though the ship was sinking with him.