Ovie Ejaria and Seyi Ojo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Obi [Legend] Mikel: A Great Naija Ambassador

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:clap: this is one player i want in the SE
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

I like him but Odubanjo's game, is ahead of his at the moment.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

okidoki wrote:I like him but Odubanjo's game, is ahead of his at the moment.
Whats the point of your comment? Shouldn't we get as many of these players as we can? What if Odunbanjo gets injured then what?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
okidoki wrote:I like him but Odubanjo's game, is ahead of his at the moment.
Whats the point of your comment? Shouldn't we get as many of these players as we can? What if Odunbanjo gets injured then what?
U dey mind the guy....eve. the odubanjo, is out injur3d with acl
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

soma wrote:viewtopic.php?f=1&t=248792&start=69

Already posted

Make it a sticky. :mrgreen:
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
rasak74
Egg
Egg
Re: Ovie Ejaria and Seyi Ojo

Post by rasak74 »

soma wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:and some idiots were saying he should not be capped vs Tanzania.
You reason like a child. On what basis should he have been capped versus Tanzania?
Tanzania game was meaningless, a 15 minute cameo wouldn't hurt anyone.
England had vowed never to lose any eligible players to other countries as they
Are still smarting from the loss of iwobi and others. If England want Ejaria, Lookman
Etc they will get no matter how much they want to play for Nigeria. The weight of the
Pressure will be too much for the players to say no to. Now it will be harder to cap these
Players as they have now played for England youth sides.

But we have so many players ahead of him and middle of the park is not our main issue at the moment. We need to address our Right and Left full back issues first.
Internet gangster
Uses the internet as a front for acting like a tough guy gang member, usually because they are hoping to gain the respect that they lack in their real life. Don't be fooled........This person is a sham. This person is not actually an attack dog, they are a timid house cat.
Troll
One who deliberately starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote:and some idiots were saying he should not be capped vs Tanzania.

I think that injury ruled him out of the Tanzania game. Having said that we need to make sure that we don't lose this kid. He has the potential to be a special player.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

rasak74 wrote:
soma wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
You reason like a child. On what basis should he have been capped versus Tanzania?
Are still smarting from the loss of iwobi and others. If England want Ejaria, Lookman
Etc they will get no matter how much they want to play for Nigeria. The weight of the
Pressure will be too much for the players to say no to. Now it will be harder to cap these

But we have so many players ahead of him and middle of the park is not our main issue at the moment. We need to address our Right and Left full back issues first.

Who is ahead of ejaria ?

Other than Mikel, we do not have a better midfielder.

Not capping Ejaria vs Tanzania was a colossal mistake.

Even if he switches allegiances, it is a complicated matter and will take a while, and you know England will be putting pressure on FIFA to delay the change or change Ejarias mind.

We had no excuse to not cap him.

Even if he was injured with a broken foot we could have rolled him on the pitch for the last minute in a meaningless match.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

vancity eagle wrote:
rasak74 wrote:
soma wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Who is ahead of ejaria ?

Even if he switches allegiances, it is a complicated matter and will take a while, and you know England will be putting pressure on FIFA to delay the change or change Ejarias mind.

Even if he was injured with a broken foot we could have rolled him on the pitch for the last minute in a meaningless match.
Nonsense.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
rasak74
Egg
Egg

Post by rasak74 »

vancity eagle wrote:
rasak74 wrote:
soma wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Who is ahead of ejaria ?

ok
Internet gangster
Uses the internet as a front for acting like a tough guy gang member, usually because they are hoping to gain the respect that they lack in their real life. Don't be fooled........This person is a sham. This person is not actually an attack dog, they are a timid house cat.
Troll
One who deliberately starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Mikel trying to Recruit Ola Aina

Post by green4life »

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/ ... per-eagles

WE AIN'T GOT NO HISTORY

CHELSEA FC: INTERNATIONAL DUTY
Mikel John Obi trying to recruit Chelsea teammate for Nigeria
by David Pasztor @D_Peezy Oct 8, 2016, 7:18p

Nigel Roddis/Getty Images
Mikel John Obi has yet to play for Chelsea this season, in part due to his commitments with the Nigerian national team, which included a fairly successfully Summer Olympic Games tournament where the Super Eagles won bronze. Mikel, as one of the two overage players allowed in the squad for the U23 tournament, not only captained the side, but also scored a rare goal and even paid out of his own pocket some of the team's travel expenses (which have now been reimbursed, supposedly).

And he's also turned recruiter now, apparently.

"I keep asking him: 'When are you going to come and play for Nigeria?' and he jokes: 'Whenever you come and invite me I will play!"

"I think it is something that we would have to discuss. If he wants to play, we would have to speak to the federation and make sure that he really wants to play for Nigeria. If he is ready, we can talk about, but in the few times we have talked about it, he hasn't given me a very positive, decisive answer to take back to the FA. I need a positive answer for me to take the case forward to the FA. We will see what happens."
The young player in question is Ola Aina, who was born in England to Nigerian parents and is celebrating his 20th birthday today. He made his Chelsea debut earlier this season in the League Cup second round, after impressing and earning his spot in the squad during the summer.

"Aina is a very, very good player. He has improved quite a lot after playing in a few friendly games and he played really, really well. I was quite impressed by his performances and it is only a matter of time before these kids break into the first team."

-Mikel John Obi; source: Goal

Ola Aina has represented England at various youth levels, but has not been capped at senior level, so there's yet an opportunity to switch to the "motherland" if he so chooses.

THERE ARE 19 COMMENTS.
▼Nigeria has landed some coups recently with regards to players with dual national options
Like a lot of African nations the last and hardest piece is putting together a top class back line. Most of the boys who fit the bill usually end up choosing the European national team option which is a shame. Aina would be a good get for the NFF.

Posted by Moonwalk Jenkins on Oct 8, 2016 | 7:23 PM
▼Mikel trying to recruit Brana to bench for sake of team, Whatay lad.
Posted by DarkBlueKnight on Oct 8, 2016 | 7:44 PM
▼The boy must choose Nigeria
That’s if he wants to stand a chance to win something with a national team.

Posted by gradeAEggs on Oct 8, 2016 | 9:11 PM
▼Iheanacho, Iwobi and now Aina...
English FA are gonna be kicking themselves in 5 years.

Posted by DeepInTheShed on Oct 8, 2016 | 10:08 PM
▼Iheanacho?
He only moved to England in 2014

Posted by AMLang on Oct 8, 2016 | 10:17 PM
▼Aina hasn't chosen yet
And don’t think Nacho was ever eligible

Posted by Chels on Oct 8, 2016 | 10:34 PM
▼Also Iwobi is hardly amazing
Posted by AMLang on Oct 8, 2016 | 10:53 PM
▼This is what I was gonna say.
I doubt anyone will lose sleep over Iwobi not playing for England. It’s friggin Iwobi.

Posted by Pocket_Hercules on Oct 8, 2016 | 11:20 PM
▼Playing better football than Lingard or Oxlade.
Also thought Iheanacho came to City before he was 18 so thought he could be eligable, not certain how all that works.

Posted by DeepInTheShed on Oct 8, 2016 | 11:28 PM
▼Iwobi has been quite impressive though.
In the games I’ve seen PSG and against us. Always makes me wonder though how we struggle to transition our academy products into the first team despite having arguably the best academy in the country. United’s academy has been struggling yet seemed to produce the likes of Rashford who never seemed anywhere close to Izzy or Solanke.

Posted by Anarchy on Oct 9, 2016 | 8:29 AM
▼Go away mikel obi! Shoo!
England need all the help they can get!

Posted by Tomkin on Oct 8, 2016 | 10:50 PM
▼Go away mikel obi! Shoo!
England need all the help they can get!

Posted by Tomkin on Oct 8, 2016 | 10:50 PM
▼We do need more English players in our squad, so it's hard to see this happening.
Posted by The Glory Hunter on Oct 9, 2016 | 2:41 AM
▼No one looks at Victor Moses as a foreigner though to be fair
Aina will still bring a homegrown mentality for Chelsea even if he chooses to represent Nigeria internationally.

Posted by Moonwalk Jenkins on Oct 9, 2016 | 4:08 AM

Nice job from my countryman Mikel. After securing Ola Aina, next up will be bringing Dominic Solanke, Tammy Abraham, & Fikayo Tomori to d Super Eagles.

Posted by akpos on Oct 9, 2016 | 5:15 AM
▼...
Yeah now I want him to leave…

Posted by Chels on Oct 9, 2016 | 8:12 AM
▼Getting worked up over nothing, Chels
Posted by ObiMakelele on Oct 9, 2016 | 10:09 PM
▼Joking around :stuck_out_tongue:
Posted by Chels on Oct 9, 2016 | 10:57 PM

Nice job from my countryman Mikel. After securing Ola Aina, next up will be bringing Dominic Solanke, Tammy Abraham, & Fikayo Tomori to d Super Eagles.

Posted by akpos on Oct 9, 2016 | 5:15 AM
Something to say?

FanPosts FanShots Masthead Community Guidelines Facebook Twitter YouTube
Contact Have a News Tip? Browse Blogs About SBN Company Blog Blog Openings Guiding Principles
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Communications Preferences Advertise with us Jobs @ Vox Media
All Systems Operational Check out our status page for more details.
© 2016 Vox Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Sports data © STATS 2016

TWEET
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mikel trying to Recruit Ola Aina

Post by green4life »

Sorry mods. Just saw it has already been posted. You know what to do
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Abeg Mikel should recruit him directly. I no like all this sideways gist.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Ola Aina looked decent in preseason but I don't think he's played an A game for Chelski yet bo understand capping him to wrap him up but I just can't fathom why some think it's ok to drop a player like that in the deep end in an African WCQ
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Abeg Mikel should recruit him directly. I no like all this sideways gist.
Tell me about it. This is a matter of national emergency. He also needs to go directly to the boy's dad. The man I watched on YouTube (ola's father) is a proper son of the soil. I bet if he's approached in a matured manner, he'll advice his boy to play for the land of his ancestors. No doubt. Mikel needs to step it up. Forget the NFF. Na mikel wey dem go trust more.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

YUJAM wrote:Ola Aina looked decent in preseason but I don't think he's played an A game for Chelski yet bo understand capping him to wrap him up but I just can't fathom why some think it's ok to drop a player like that in the deep end in an African WCQ
I understand your concerns and it has merit but I've seen every game he's played for the first team to know that he's much better than our current best options. The boy is very good. But chelsea doesn't like throwing young players into the deep end. Had he been at another club, he'd be a starter by now.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

rasak74 wrote:
soma wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Sometimes I wonder about you . Just because we need help on right and left full backs if any Messi or Ronaldo is available t we should ignore them. Honestly, I really wonder about your reasoning faculty. You must be a very intelligent guy .
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bully12 wrote:
rasak74 wrote:
soma wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Sometimes I wonder about you . Just because we need help on right and left full backs if any Messi or Ronaldo is available t we should ignore them. Honestly, I really wonder about your reasoning faculty. You must be a very intelligent guy .
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

YUJAM wrote:Ola Aina looked decent in preseason but I don't think he's played an A game for Chelski yet bo understand capping him to wrap him up but I just can't fathom why some think it's ok to drop a player like that in the deep end in an African WCQ
I think he made an appearance for the first team in a cup game.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

The YeyeMan wrote:
I think he made an appearance for the first team in a cup game.
Actually, his first start was the last league game of last season (dead rubber game vs Leicester city) where he acquitted himself well. He's young so expect the odd error but his quality is evident once you see him play with the first team. His problem is on a team of inconsistent performers, he has to contend with one of Chelsea's most consistent no frills player for mins - Azpilcueta.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Bros I see your point but if the only option we have at the moment is Musa Mohammed who, like Aina is yet to play any senior competitive game (except a few cups games), then nothing wrong with inviting Aina. The only reason Musa Mohammed keeps getting invited (apart from the fact that he is a decent footballer) is because we do not have a right back. Musa's quality as a footballer is not in question. The only problem I see with his invitation is the fact that he is yet to play for his club. If he was playing regularly for his club, there would be no debate.
yes o
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ejeria

Post by skillful »

[/video]
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle