ROHR IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO MANAGE THIS MUCH TALENT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
Re: ROHR IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO MANAGE THIS MUCH TALENT

Post by JACKAL »

papilo wrote:I don't understand some people sha. We beat a strong Zambia team away in a world cup qualifier after we controlled the first half on a bumpy pitch and some still have the guts to criticize the coach. Na wa o. Did Zambia come there to sell groundnut? They were playing at home in a world cup qualifier. I expected them to come out blazing in the second half in front of their fans and they did. Rohr's changes were spot on even though some say he could have made them earlier. In as much as some here will also criticize Ndidi, I personally believe he added some solidity to the defence. For an away game, I had my doubts about Musa Mohammed and I guess Rohr had the same too. Ndidi played more like a right sided center back than a right back which we needed today and we might need in all our away games during this qualifiers.This is a coach that knows what he is doing. We have not had that in a long time. It was very obvious that the team had been coached. The style of play was clear and team selection was on point. Kudos to the manager.
That is precisely whats wrong with your analysis... You are thinking of them from their glory days... Currently, they are not a "strong team".
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Looks at thread and ignores it.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Solowe wrote:
papilo wrote:I don't understand some people sha. We beat a strong Zambia team away in a world cup qualifier after we controlled the first half on a bumpy pitch and some still have the guts to criticize the coach. Na wa o. Did Zambia come there to sell groundnut? They were playing at home in a world cup qualifier. I expected them to come out blazing in the second half in front of their fans and they did. Rohr's changes were spot on even though some say he could have made them earlier. In as much as some here will also criticize Ndidi, I personally believe he added some solidity to the defence. For an away game, I had my doubts about Musa Mohammed and I guess Rohr had the same too. Ndidi played more like a right sided center back than a right back which we needed today and we might need in all our away games during this qualifiers.This is a coach that knows what he is doing. We have not had that in a long time. It was very obvious that the team had been coached. The style of play was clear and team selection was on point. Kudos to the manager.
That is precisely whats wrong with your analysis... You are thinking of them from their glory days... Currently, they are not a "strong team".
When we draw away to Tanzania and Madagascar, it is 'atleast we did not loose' and 'no minnows in football anymore' because it is a Nigerian coach in charge but an away win with a foreign coach and Zambia is not a strong team? Ok oo
yes o
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

vancity eagle wrote:
Solowe wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
you really are a dunce comparing a friendly played at night in europe in a pristine pitch to a crucial away WCQ in 35 degree temperature away in Zambia. Are you that dull ?

Tell me which team Keshi beat away that is a former ANC CHAMPION ?

Why dont you tell us of the teams Keshi lost to AT HOME, and who he couldn't beat away and who he couldn't even beat at Home.

He failed to beat almighty S. Africa and Kenya AT HOME.

Please let us celebrate , gone is the era of lazy and corrupt local coaches with their personal agendas. We now win matches against credible opponents ON THE ROAD.

I dont think Cameroon and Algeria will have as easy a time with this Zambia team as you think.

Algeria at the height of their game were played off the park away to Tanzania.

Our win today was MASSIVE.

Clearly you just loveee him because he is white and not local... I am not sure what that makes you other than a self loathing, colo-mentality moron. You find ways to denigrate the achievements of the local black coaches and you give the glory to this 3rd rate import who couldn't cut it in his homeland.

I like a coach who will do good for SE. He can be from the moon for all I care.

Your local coaches were given plenty of opportunity and they FAILED. Good heavens we now have a real coach and not player agents and PE coaches.

You are a clown, I'm done responding to you.
What a clownish response...You like coaches from anywhere..but not local coaches... You dont see the contradiction in what you are saying Mr Self loathing :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Cristao II wrote:Looks at thread and ignores it.
Yes, run along!
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

papilo wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Daft thread
Imagine, after only 2 competitive matches in which he won both home and away...
Mehn I just tire.
So tell when can we start taking a critical look at them ??? Give me your acceptable time table ???
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Cristao II wrote:Looks at thread and ignores it.
Yet, you write in !!!
Its like the forbidden fruit... you cant stay away Christao II :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Chriskendo43
Egg
Egg

Post by Chriskendo43 »

this thread make no sense at all
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Chriskendo43 wrote:this thread make no sense at all
Maybe you are just not smart enough to figure it out ??
3 Pages of informed responses say you are wrong !!
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Someone just whispered Solowe from Ondo, I'm out...
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

okidoki wrote:Someone just whispered Solowe from Ondo, I'm out...
You should stop listening to voices in you head my friend.....okidoki ? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

papilo wrote:
Solowe wrote:
When we draw away to Tanzania and Madagascar, it is 'atleast we did not loose' and 'no minnows in football anymore' because it is a Nigerian coach in charge but an away win with a foreign coach and Zambia is not a strong team? Ok oo

brother it is simply unbelievable the type of logic for this forum.

Some people just do not wish Nigeria well.
mojojojo
Egg
Egg

Post by mojojojo »

vancity eagle wrote:
Solowe wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Rohr needed to bring on Esiti before that goal. I called it at halftime, dont know why he had to wait.

Other than that our players were far too casual in the second half.

Omeruo is a junk defender. The only 2 goals we have conceeded in our last 4 matches were a result of his uselessness. Today and vs Luxembourg. This cannot be forgiven.

Ndidi today was useless at right back. Echijele was also useless.

If Joel Obi can stay fit he needs to play LB.

RB search continues, Ndidi was abused today like a child in a room full of pedophiles.
After saying all that, how can you still think his a great coach ??

Every dummy coach in soccer knows a 2 goal advantage is the most dangerous lead you can have in soccer... The first 15 minutes of the 2nd half should have been played at a blistering pace in a search for a goal by our team.

Ndidi does not play right back and you could tell during the game by the way he was trying to defend on one one situations ... but he was still a better player than musa and with time he will settle into the role.

Where did I say Rohr is a great coach ?

One thing is for sure though, great or not, he is far better than all the useless local coaches we have had in the past decade.
How is he better? How many cups has he won?

Look at his wikipedia page, the man is at best average.

Even countries like Niger and Burkina Faso booted him out.

His highest achievement was getting to the UEFA cup final some 20 years ago with Bordeaux.

Our only hope is that something magical happens between Rohr and SE that will make this union a victorious one. We have seen that before with Westerhof. An average coach that was able to take SE very far.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

mojojojo wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Solowe wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Rohr needed to bring on Esiti before that goal. I called it at halftime, dont know why he had to wait.

Omeruo is a junk defender. The only 2 goals we have conceeded in our last 4 matches were a result of his uselessness. Today and vs Luxembourg. This cannot be forgiven.

RB search continues, Ndidi was abused today like a child in a room full of pedophiles.

Every dummy coach in soccer knows a 2 goal advantage is the most dangerous lead you can have in soccer... The first 15 minutes of the 2nd half should have been played at a blistering pace in a search for a goal by our team.

Ndidi does not play right back and you could tell during the game by the way he was trying to defend on one one situations ... but he was still a better player than musa and with time he will settle into the role.

One thing is for sure though, great or not, he is far better than all the useless local coaches we have had in the past decade.

His highest achievement was getting to the UEFA cup final some 20 years ago with Bordeaux.

Our only hope is that something magical happens between Rohr and SE that will make this union a victorious one. We have seen that before with Westerhof. An average coach that was able to take SE very far.

All early indications so far

1. They way the team plays
2. Results

suggest that Rohr is better than any local coach we have had
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

mojojojo wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Solowe wrote:

You dey mind them? The giving the guy an average score is even too much for me. I don't see how he is even as good as sissy betty.
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Solowe wrote:
papilo wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Mehn I just tire.
So tell when can we start taking a critical look at them ??? Give me your acceptable time table ???
Since we are DNQ, I'd say halfway through the WC qualifiers, by then we will have a much better guage of where the team is at and where they are headed...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote:
mojojojo wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Solowe wrote:

All early indications so far

1. They way the team plays
2. Results

suggest that Rohr is better than any local coach we have had
Hello!!!
Did you watch Sia Sia fund starved, stress out, stretched out and jeopardized Olympic team? Have you lost your mind? :roll: :roll: :roll:

JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

vancity eagle wrote:
papilo wrote:
Solowe wrote:

brother it is simply unbelievable the type of logic for this forum.

Some people just do not wish Nigeria well.
Someone smart said patriotism is the last refuge of scoundrels....

So we question the coach, results and game, then it must be becuase we are not patriotic....? You are indeed a scoundrel.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Stop bringing up Niger and to a lesser extent Burkina Faso. Their players aren't up to par. It would have take a miracle for them to qualify for a world cup.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

maceo4 wrote:
Solowe wrote:
papilo wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Mehn I just tire.
Since we are DNQ, I'd say halfway through the WC qualifiers, by then we will have a much better guage of where the team is at and where they are headed...

If you are ok with that timetable.. then its fine for you... I would have prefered if we had a chance to debate him before they offered him the job. That was the right time to really gauge his qualities.
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

Solowe wrote:
DAgrin wrote:
Solowe wrote:This coach doesn't know what he is doing.

His management of today's game was very questionable. We could have won by a comfortable 4-0 margin but he let a surprisingly poor Zambian team off the hook. A 3rd goal would have totally broken their spirit at the start of the 2nd half instead he let his team pass the ball around aimlessly. He should have made his changes While they were piling pressure on us and not after they scored. He must be so used to playing mediocre talent if he thought Ighalo & Musa were good enough for the national team

I often use the word "POISE" to describe great players. If you want to know what it means, go check out Nachos goal.

I still dont know Simon's claim to fame for making the national team. He is not good enough in my opinion. Moses or Success would have been more effective in that spot

Ndidi is a better player than Musa, but he needs to get comfortable in that RB position

Iwobi was just ok, but I know he is on his way to greatness.

Ideye was much, much better than Ighalo. He actually had chances to score.

The rest of them played ok...
You don't know what you are saying.
Do you think the boys played these beautiful combinations just out of nothing?
You can easily spot that our players for the first time for ages were actually well prepared.
They actually practiced dead ball situations and off-the ball-movement.
For the first time our dead balls were dangerous and our players could string more than 3 passes together.
To think Rohr does not play a part in this is ridiculous.

Rohr might not be a magician but he is simply the right coach for this team.
Nevertheless there is still a lot of work to do, especially when it comes to defending and our balance in midfield.
But I'm confident the boys will improve in time.
Even though we had better players, we played a really poor zambian team. Their body language alone told us they expected to lose today...
This Zambian team is , by no means, poor. They would have scored at least 4 easy goals against Ghana.
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:
papilo wrote:I don't understand some people sha. We beat a strong Zambia team away in a world cup qualifier after we controlled the first half on a bumpy pitch and some still have the guts to criticize the coach. Na wa o. Did Zambia come there to sell groundnut? They were playing at home in a world cup qualifier. I expected them to come out blazing in the second half in front of their fans and they did. Rohr's changes were spot on even though some say he could have made them earlier. In as much as some here will also criticize Ndidi, I personally believe he added some solidity to the defence. For an away game, I had my doubts about Musa Mohammed and I guess Rohr had the same too. Ndidi played more like a right sided center back than a right back which we needed today and we might need in all our away games during this qualifiers.This is a coach that knows what he is doing. We have not had that in a long time. It was very obvious that the team had been coached. There was an evident style of play and team selection was on point. Kudos to the manager.

This Zambian team is far from being a anything strong compared to their team 4 to 10 years ago. When we play Cameroon and Algeria, then you guys will know that khaki no be leather.
Bro, we no care about Zambia's team 4- 10 yrs ago.
We are simply efficiently doing what we need to do.
Beat as many Teams we need to and win our Group for World Cup Qualification.
The amazing thing is that if we had DRAWN everyone would have accepted the result.
So Far Rohr is ON THE RIGHT TRack.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

papilo wrote:When we draw away to Tanzania and Madagascar, it is 'atleast we did not loose' and 'no minnows in football anymore' because it is a Nigerian coach in charge but an away win with a foreign coach and Zambia is not a strong team? Ok oo
Dude, even your running buddy does not think it's a strong team - in fact, he thinks the team is "PISS-POOR"! :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=274941
vancity eagle wrote:Not only must we beat Zambia away, we must shower them with goals and send a clear message. We cannot waste or overlook any possibility to hold the advantage.
Zambia has been piss poor of late. We must take advantage before they get their act together.
Nonetheless, have we never won WCQ games away under "Nigerian" coaches? And have we never before drawn or lost away under foreign coaches (distinctly recall Bonfrere losing to 'minnows' Sierra Leone and Liberia, Troussier losing to Guinea and Lazy Betty losing to Uganda)? So what exactly is the ground-breaking accomplishment here that warrants the denigration of "Nigerian" coaches? I sincerely PRAY that we qualify for Russia 2018 (if nothing else because I loathe to think of waiting until 2019 to see the SE in a major tournament), but abegi let's dial-back on the idolatory WOWO-ring - we have NOT accomplished ANYTHING AT ALL yet!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL