ROHR IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO MANAGE THIS MUCH TALENT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ROHR IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO MANAGE THIS MUCH TALENT

Post by Gotti »

Solowe wrote:Rohr has played 4 games thus far, i think i can see what he is made of in 4 games...
Bros, we have only played 2 games (not 4) under Rohr...
Not only do the 2 practice matches do not count - but we did not see them to use as a barometer.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Gotti wrote:
Solowe wrote:Rohr has played 4 games thus far, i think i can see what he is made of in 4 games...
Bros, we have only played 2 games (not 4) under Rohr...
Not only do the 2 practice matches do not count - but we did not see them to use as a barometer.
By your acknowledgement we have indeed played 4 games on Under Rohr..... so that is not in dispute. The distinction I believe you are trying to make is that we have only played 2 competetive games under him.

And I want to take this oppurtunity to acknowledge this new Rohr contribution for bringing this new addition to our program : i.e Practice matches within a short window before a competetive game.

This rarely happened before he was hired. He seems to have made it a permanent part of his program.He has mostly used those practice matches to assess new Invitees to the eagles before putting them into real matches. He also played the Veterans in Cameo roles to assess their match fitness. This is a nice addition we should keep in our program.

Previous Coaches used to just throw new players they liked into the fray based on team training observations in those short windows. I think this practice matches agaisnt local club sides is a much better gauge for assessing a new player.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Dude, my point remains that not only are "practice" matches not official games...
But more importantly you CANNOT "see" (as underlined above) what you did NOT see! :D

And btw, we have usually played practice matches against local clubs before SE games...
We did so under Siasia and Keshi - and were mocked by the likes of 1NAIRA for doing so.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

So he has won 4 of 4 matches and someone is complaining that he is not good enough.

OK oh. I have heard it all.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Gotti wrote:
Dude, my point remains that not only are "practice" matches not official games...
But more importantly you CANNOT "see" (as underlined above) what you did NOT see! :D

And btw, we have usually played practice matches against local clubs before SE games...
We did so under Siasia and Keshi - and were mocked by the likes of 1NAIRA for doing so.
Now you are trying to create a new class of games ?... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So breaking it down; We have :
competetive games,
offical friendly games,
unofficial friendly games,
practice games,
unofficial practice games. did I miss anything ?

The operating word behind all of them is "Games". BTW, Do you think if he lost that Unofficial practice game he wouldn't hear about it from CE peeps ?? :biggrin:

Yes, we have played the unofficial practice games before, but not with the regularity that Rohr is attempting to use them
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

vancity eagle wrote:So he has won 4 of 4 matches and someone is complaining that he is not good enough.

Oga Gotti said its only 2 games or matches... please direct your questions to him specifically. :mrgreen:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Daft thread

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You didn't need to enter to figure that one out.

We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Solowe wrote:Now you are trying to create a new class of games ?... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

competetive games,
offical friendly games,
practice games,

The operating word behind all of them is "Games". BTW, Do you think if he lost that Unofficial practice game he wouldn't hear about it from CE peeps ?? :biggrin:

Yes, we have played the unofficial practice games before, but not with the regularity that Rohr is attempting to use them
Why stop at practice games then?
Why not add the "games" between the SE Probables and the Possibles? :D

Dude, your attempt at humour is as wack as your analyses...
Nonetheless, still cannot explain how you saw "games" that you did NOT see! :D
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

If I were a young player with any ties to Nigeria whatsoever, I'd be so eager to join Iwobi and Nacho in building a new golden generation.

Ejaria, Lukman, Aina, Akpom, etc, come to mind.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Gotti wrote:
Solowe wrote:Now you are trying to create a new class of games ?... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

competetive games,
offical friendly games,
practice games,

Nonetheless, still cannot explain how you saw "games" that you did NOT see! :D
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cally wrote:If I were a young player with any ties to Nigeria whatsoever, I'd be so eager to join Iwobi and Nacho in building a new golden generation.

Ejaria, Lukman, Aina, Akpom, etc, come to mind.
I hear you. However, opening a website every other international game window and reading stories about how the FA of the country you are considering is not able to fund travel to games is not the most appealing scenario to come to.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

metalalloy wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Daft thread

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You didn't need to enter to figure that one out.

this ish was so funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Solowe wrote:This coach doesn't know what he is doing.

His management of today's game was very questionable. We could have won by a comfortable 4-0 margin but he let a surprisingly poor Zambian team off the hook. A 3rd goal would have totally broken their spirit at the start of the 2nd half instead he let his team pass the ball around aimlessly. He should have made his changes While they were piling pressure on us and not after they scored. He must be so used to playing mediocre talent if he thought Ighalo & Musa were good enough for the national team

I often use the word "POISE" to describe great players. If you want to know what it means, go check out Nachos goal.

I still dont know Simon's claim to fame for making the national team. He is not good enough in my opinion. Moses or Success would have been more effective in that spot

Ndidi is a better player than Musa, but he needs to get comfortable in that RB position

Iwobi was just ok, but I know he is on his way to greatness.

Ideye was much, much better than Ighalo. He actually had chances to score.

The rest of them played ok...
You must be high bro. Everyone can see that ROHR has brought in flare into the team. Selection based on merit and not hearsay or bribe.
Our people say when a man starts thinking other people are mad and he's the only sane one, he should examine himself to know if he's the one mad.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

naijaguy wrote:
Solowe wrote:This coach doesn't know what he is doing.

His management of today's game was very questionable. We could have won by a comfortable 4-0 margin but he let a surprisingly poor Zambian team off the hook. A 3rd goal would have totally broken their spirit at the start of the 2nd half instead he let his team pass the ball around aimlessly. He should have made his changes While they were piling pressure on us and not after they scored. He must be so used to playing mediocre talent if he thought Ighalo & Musa were good enough for the national team

I often use the word "POISE" to describe great players. If you want to know what it means, go check out Nachos goal.

I still dont know Simon's claim to fame for making the national team. He is not good enough in my opinion. Moses or Success would have been more effective in that spot

Ndidi is a better player than Musa, but he needs to get comfortable in that RB position

Iwobi was just ok, but I know he is on his way to greatness.

Ideye was much, much better than Ighalo. He actually had chances to score.

The rest of them played ok...
You must be high bro. Everyone can see that ROHR has brought in flare into the team. Selection based on merit and not hearsay or bribe.
Our people say when a man starts thinking other people are mad and he's the only sane one, he should examine himself to know if he's the one mad.
Do you know whats not "High" ? .. Your modern day football lexicon.

We dont do "flare" anymore.."flare" is so 90's. You need to update your football lexicon my friend. You are stuck in the 90's and they want their football lexicon back.
:mrgreen: :agree:
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

OP, who would be good enough?
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

vancity eagle wrote:So he has won 4 of 4 matches and someone is complaining that he is not good enough.

Wow you are 2 faced bro. When under LC, you bashed those games against local teams , now you are using them as a prop for your stats.

Rohr is on the right track and I am not bashing him. As for Solowe, :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Gotti wrote:

competetive games,
offical friendly games,
practice games,

Nonetheless, still cannot explain how you saw "games" that you did NOT see!:D
I didnt read this part of your response initially ... Define "See" !! :mrgreen:

I never made any claim to actually viewing all the 4 games. but I certainly know what the results were, saw highlights you(gotti) provided on one, read news reports on some, and actually viewed 2 live.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

We really need a dose of reality. All 3 of our NT GKs are reserves who cannot get into the first 11 of their clubs (even though 2 of them play for clubs in Africa, and the third is at a 2nd division club). Only 1 of our current defenders is a regular first 11 starter at a top flight club, and none of our players is a starter at a top 4 club in the 4 strongest European leagues (England, Spain, Italy, Germany).
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

wiseone wrote:We really need a dose of reality. All 3 of our NT GKs are reserves who cannot get into the first 11 of their clubs (even though 2 of them play for clubs in Africa, and the third is at a 2nd division club). Only 1 of our current defenders is a regular first 11 starter at a top flight club, and none of our players is a starter at a top 4 club in the 4 strongest European leagues (England, Spain, Italy, Germany).
We are simply deluded.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

But when we play against players at Barcelona, real, inter, jive, Bayern, ATLECTICO they will expect our coach to turn magician when infact his just a coach
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:But when we play against players at Barcelona, real, inter, jive, Bayern, ATLECTICO they will expect our coach to turn magician when infact his just a coach
So when we have games against players from these teams we should just not show up abi?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

You should come prepared like a warrior and believe/aspire that you can defeat anyone. However, always stay humble and stop feeling entitled like your team are filled with world class players
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:You should come prepared like a warrior and believe/aspire that you can defeat anyone. However, always stay humble and stop feeling entitled like your team are filled with world class players
But when we lost winnable games (based on the run of play in the game itself) you are the one that starts talking about how the teams compare on paper. Like we should just be happy to have played the game, when useless coaching and subbing actually prevented us from getting a favorable result.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!