Does Nigeria Need Tammy Abraham ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Pavarotti
Egg
Egg
Does Nigeria Need Tammy Abraham ?

Post by Pavarotti »

Tammy Abraham is unwittingly set to be the bone of contention in an international tug of war between Nigeria and England and with good reason too

The 19 year old Chelsea loanee is one of the hottest prospects in world football and certainly the hottest 19 year old in English football

His current form for Bristol is frightening and he will . . . . .http://www.soccerassembly.com/does-nige ... y-abraham/
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Does Nigeria Need Tammy Abraham ?

Post by metalalloy »

Need No. Want yes. There is no undermining. They can all be invited to camp to fight for spots.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

I understand your question but we shouldn't be debating this. As long as there is no law against the number of eligible players to cap I say you always cap EVERY special talent you discover as soon as possible if you are able to convince them. Don't wait till they are fully established. With such policy in place, the likes of Alaba and Dele Alli would be SE players today. Kudos to Nigeria on Iwobi, Moses and others - it is better to lock them in today than to be salivating hopelessly later.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

YemiBrazil wrote:I understand your question but we shouldn't be debating this. As long as there is no law against the number of eligible players to cap I say you always cap EVERY special talent you discover as soon as possible if you are able to convince them. Don't wait till they are fully established. With such policy in place, the likes of Alaba and Dele Alli would be SE players today. Kudos to Nigeria on Iwobi, Moses and others - it is better to lock them in today than to be salivating hopelessly later.
:clap: once the talent is there and they are willing to play go for them. image a Dele Alli in our team today
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

YES WE DO, any Nigerian blood that is this good shouldn't be left to be snatched by England like that(and I damn well know this Tammy guy is under some serious English radar right now), I want to see a Nigerian team going to the world cup not only with a strong bench, but a team complete and stacked with quality and depth...2014 world cup opened my eyes to know that there is nothing as effective as having a complete team...at least the match against France taught us that.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

if the boy is as good as advertised he's not going to choose Nigeria over England unless he has made up his mind yrs ago.
OCCUPY NFF!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

YemiBrazil wrote:I understand your question but we shouldn't be debating this. As long as there is no law against the number of eligible players to cap I say you always cap EVERY special talent you discover as soon as possible if you are able to convince them. Don't wait till they are fully established. With such policy in place, the likes of Alaba and Dele Alli would be SE players today. Kudos to Nigeria on Iwobi, Moses and others - it is better to lock them in today than to be salivating hopelessly later.
Totally.

By the time these players are established or even just making minor ripples their host country will come calling. Ibe is a good example of this. We need to convince those players whom are just on the cusp of greater recognition and whom we think have great potential. So just before they hit the limelight and I think the likes of Ejaria and Aina are in that position right now - and they might not be there for too long though...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:if the boy is as good as advertised he's not going to choose Nigeria over England unless he has made up his mind yrs ago.
The question may be whether England chooses him. The likelihood of Abraham breaking into the Chelsea first team, let alone the England team by 2018 is very remote as things stand. So another question to ask is whether he'd be a useful addition to Nigeria given all the existing options.

It's for this reason I have a hunch that Ola Aina for example would choose Nigeria over England. England's first choice right backs - Clyne and Walker - are young and largely consistent. Glen Johnson was called up for the last squad in Clyne's absence and when Johnson pulled out some other random right back took his place so there's a bit of a mountain to climb there. Now this could all change very quickly if he establishes himself at Chelsea but here he's up against the very reliable Azpilicueta at right back, and given Chelsea has recently switched to playing three at the back - he'll either be contending for a starting spot with their centre backs, or somewhat ironically, with Victor Moses for the right wing back position. So, in short, it'll be challenging to break into that team but not insurmountable.

Mikel, Iwobi et al should continue to have a word in his ear. The flip side is that interim England manager Gareth Southgate will be fully aware of Aina having selected him for the England Under 21 in the past.

I would strike whilst the iron is hot. The international window in March will be the ideal time to strike.
Last edited by The YeyeMan on Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:if the boy is as good as advertised he's not going to choose Nigeria over England unless he has made up his mind yrs ago.
The question may be whether England chooses him. The likelihood of Abraham breaking into the Chelsea first team, let alone the England team by 2018 is very remote as things stand. So another question to ask is whether he'd be a useful addition to Nigeria given all the existing options.

It's for this reason I why I have a hunch that Ola Aina for example would choose Nigeria over England. England's first choice right backs -Clyne and Walker - are young and largely consistent. Glen Johnson was called up for the last squad in Clyne's absence and when Johnson pulled out some other random right back took his place so there's a bit out of a mountain to climb there. Now this could all change very quickly if he establishes himself at Chelsea but here he's up against the very reliable Azpilicueta at right back, and given Chelsea has recently switched to playing three at the back - he'll either be contending for a starting spot with their centre backs, or somewhat ironically with Moses for the right wing back position. So, in short, challenging to break into that team but not insurmountable.

Mikel, Iwobi et al should continue to have a word in his ear. The flip side is that interim England manager Gareth Southgate will be fully aware of Aina having selected him for the England Under 21 in the past.

I would strike whilst the iron is hot. The international window in March will be the ideal time to strike.
Yeyeman you nailed it bro, so you no be yeyeman after all :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :D
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Easier said than done. How many competitive matches games does the SE play a year? Do you cap these players with promise in crucial qualifiers?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The YeyeMan wrote:

It's for this reason I have a hunch that Ola Aina for example would choose Nigeria over England. England's first choice right backs - Clyne and Walker - are young and largely consistent. Glen Johnson was called up for the last squad in Clyne's absence and when Johnson pulled out some other random right back took his place so there's a bit of a mountain to climb there. Now this could all change very quickly if he establishes himself at Chelsea but here he's up against the very reliable Azpilicueta at right back, and given Chelsea has recently switched to playing three at the back - he'll either be contending for a starting spot with their centre backs, or somewhat ironically, with Victor Moses for the right wing back position. So, in short, it'll be challenging to break into that team but not insurmountable.

:agree: :agree: :agree:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Wont get him...the boy's as English as Tetley...and he's high profile..trust me E go hard England to turn this one down...potentially better than Rashford and Rashford don enter team
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

The YeyeMan wrote:

Dude...forget it. ONLY CHANCE is he loses form before he turns 21...he's already repped for England U-21 and scoring goals. Iwobi CAME OUT and proclaimed for 9ja as JJ already did the homework.....btw Victor is not a Right back :taunt:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

paj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Dude...forget it. ONLY CHANCE is he loses form before he turns 21...he's already repped for England U-21 and scoring goals. Iwobi CAME OUT and proclaimed for 9ja as JJ already did the homework.....btw Victor is not a Right back :taunt:
Like I said, he has very little chance of making the England team any time soon. Btw, I didn't say Moses was a right-back. Have another read.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

paj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

You never know until you try.
Besides, that's not the Naija way.
We nor dey carry last because we dey try to carry first. :idea:
Pavarotti
Egg
Egg

Post by Pavarotti »

The question is how much better is he if at all to Victor Osimhen or Sadiq Umar to home grown strikers of similar age
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

The problem is most of these guys will want to see how their career progresses before committing to Nigeria (they identify themselves as British). Notice the likes of Anichebe and Iwobi declared early on for Nigeria. As been discussed within the forum, the key is fostering a bond with these players and allowing them to understand the SE is a viable option. Even with this it's still a tough job.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Zelex wrote:The problem is most of these guys will want to see how their career progresses before committing to Nigeria (they identify themselves as British). Notice the likes of Anichebe and Iwobi declared early on for Nigeria. As been discussed within the forum, the key is fostering a bond with these players and allowing them to understand the SE is a viable option. Even with this it's still a tough job.
I agree its a tough job. However there are no foregone conclusions. Everyone's situation is different and we just don't know how each individual's circumstances - including their emotional sentiments - will pan out.
This is 2016, not 1996 and the reality is that there are many black (not to mention Asian) youths who feel primarily African/Carribean/Asian first (insert country) and British second. The Naija identity is no longer something today's British kids shy away from, unlike my generation. The difference in attitude is striking and you are left wondering what they see that you are not seeing. :)

For these kids its also a professional/financial decision which isn't necessarily clear-cut. The more they see players like Iwobi and others making as much professional and financial progress as 'English' players despite playing for other countries, the less daunting the decision might be. It might even be a positive career move because they all can't fit into the England set up. Playing in the WC (for Nigeria) as against being used and dropped by England is a big plus.

I am not sure that the top twenty highest paid players in the UK are predominantly English. It'll be nice to find out, but its all about sentiments. With the right approach, there is more than a half chance that we will convince a good number of them.
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Damunk wrote:
Zelex wrote:The problem is most of these guys will want to see how their career progresses before committing to Nigeria (they identify themselves as British). Notice the likes of Anichebe and Iwobi declared early on for Nigeria. As been discussed within the forum, the key is fostering a bond with these players and allowing them to understand the SE is a viable option. Even with this it's still a tough job.
I agree its a tough job. However there are no foregone conclusions. Everyone's situation is different and we just don't know how each individual's circumstances - including their emotional sentiments - will pan out.
This is 2016, not 1996 and the reality is that there are many black (not to mention Asian) youths who feel primarily African/Carribean/Asian first (insert country) and British second. The Naija identity is no longer something today's British kids shy away from, unlike my generation. The difference in attitude is striking and you are left wondering what they see that you are not seeing. :)

For these kids its also a professional/financial decision which isn't necessarily clear-cut. The more they see players like Iwobi and others making as much professional and financial progress as 'English' players despite playing for other countries, the less daunting the decision might be. It might even be a positive career move because they all can't fit into the England set up. Playing in the WC (for Nigeria) as against being used and dropped by England is a big plus.

I am not sure that the top twenty highest paid players in the UK are predominantly English. It'll be nice to find out, but its all about sentiments. With the right approach, there is more than a half chance that we will convince a good number of them.
This is a vital point!

Hopefully we will see more of these guys in the GWG.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Pavarotti wrote:The question is how much better is he if at all to Victor Osimhen or Sadiq Umar to home grown strikers of similar age
He doesn't have to be better than them to warrant a shot at the team.

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Zelex wrote:Notice the likes of Anichebe and Iwobi declared early on for Nigeria. As been discussed within the forum, the key is fostering a bond with these players and allowing them to understand the SE is a viable option. Even with this it's still a tough job.
Yes, though Iwobi still featured for England's youth teams.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

The more options we have the better.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Pavarotti wrote:The question is how much better is he if at all to Victor Osimhen or Sadiq Umar to home grown strikers of similar age
He's ahead of both at this point in their careers. We have seen Umar, he is not that good. Osimhen maybe could prove to be "better" in future but definitely not Umar.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?