IS NDIDI REALLY A LIKE FOR LIKE REPLACEMENT FOR KANTE ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: IS NDIDI REALLY A LIKE FOR LIKE REPLACEMENT FOR KANTE ?

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Already posted this in the Ndidi transfer thread, if you have watched him at all, he is more like Leicester's current DM Amartey than a Kante. So not sure why Kante's name keeps getting brought up, if they want a slightly younger version of Amartey then sure, else they will soon be cursing Ndidi out that he is not who they thought he was. It just seems like the easiest way to sell a non EPL player to an EPL team is to compare them to a well known EPL player that plays the same position. I'm still shocked that when Brown Ideye was having a tough time adjusting to the EPL that his coach would say he hadn't seen him play before he was bought, but he came with high recommendations...like really???

His former coach Mcleish is the one who said he is Kante-Lite. All publication have stressed that he "Can" or "has the ability to" be like Kante.

KoC reported he passed his physicals :clap: :clap: :clap:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... didi-deal/
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Polly wrote:People are missing the like-for-like point.

One strong black man in for another black man. Simple.
Kante is strong? Dude looks like a hobbit.

I suppose he is strong compared to Valbuena, but that's about it.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ndidi is not kante, he's a better player that offers more than kante. However, he's not as good at covering the field or breaking up plays.
OCCUPY NFF!!
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Ndidi is not kante, he's a better player that offers more than kante. However, he's not as good at covering the field or breaking up plays.
So How is he better than Kante?
A player that drove Leicester to the title last year
And is in the process of driving Chelsea to another title this season
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

smartbrother wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Ndidi is not kante, he's a better player that offers more than kante. However, he's not as good at covering the field or breaking up plays.
Kante is a one dimensional DM that does what he's good at extremely well. Ndidi is a goal threat, no versatile,better in the air and tackles very well.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Kante is a one dimensional DM that does what he's good at extremely well. Ndidi is a goal threat, no versatile,better in the air and tackles very well.
He's currently not better than Kante, stop it!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Ndidi is more of a Matic than Kante....and Kante did not drive Leicester to the title and certainly is not the reason why Chelsea are doing well.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Metho scorpion wrote:
Solowe wrote:I think someone is selling Leicester a bill of goods over here.... Ndidi is a good player but is nowhere in the class of Kante. They are not even the same type of player not to talk of like for like !! I see a lot of Gnashing of teeth here when the dust settles on this one .

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/12/re ... red-ndidi/
Wilfred Ndidi proposed 15 million pounds move to Leicester City is reportedly a done deal as the Nigeria international is presently in England undergoing a medical.

Ndidi was missing from Genk’s training ahead of their cup game against Eupen, and several sources in Belgium confirmed that, the 20 year old is in England for medicals with Leicester City.

He will sign a five year deal reportedly worth £20,000 a week as salary, and his transfer fee could rise to as high as £20 million base on performance.

Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri views the Nigerian as a like for like replacement for departed France midfielder N’golo Kante who is now at Chelsea.

Already as reported by Owngoalnigeria.com, he will dorn the jersey number 25 for his new side, when his transfer becomes official in January during the winter transfer window.

More on this story as it develops…..
What a dumb question. The only like for like is the goalie. Not 2 players are the same.
...hehehehehe...Solo baba...where you been dey...? Na you Baba-lawo Emir is calling you here...
Dont mind the yeye boy..dem no get respect for dem elders in his bodija Neighbourhood. Real Ibadan people dont do that... :mrgreen:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

smartbrother wrote:
Lol. Kante is anything but one dimensional. He tackles well. He reads well. He covers every blade of grass. He can score the odd goal and definitely he initiates attacks. And many a time, he does the work of 2 in midfield. Any person who understands the game will tell you that he's Chelsea's best and most important player. Ironically, he was the same for Leicester City last season.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I think etebo is more of a Kante type when played at dm than ndidi
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

If they wanted a kante replacement this is who they should have bought

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ig-9155617
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Polly wrote:People are missing the like-for-like point.

One strong black man in for another black man. Simple.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

john12 wrote:I think etebo is more of a Kante type when played at dm than ndidi
Etebo is now a DM?
OCCUPY NFF!!
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Enyi wrote:Ndidi is more of a Matic than Kante....and Kante did not drive Leicester to the title and certainly is not the reason why Chelsea are doing well.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... golo-kante
premier league players beg to disagree
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Facebook's Kwei-Kwei Bassoupong has formerly claimed to have been the driving force behind Leicester's title win last season. The diminutive Ghanaian of questionable age, was an ever present in the cockpit, driving the team bus to all away fixtures. Rumour has it, whilst moonlighting as a cabbie in the city centre, his sultry worra'kaaab chorus was popular amongst cab seeking retiring revellers, the black taped tinted windows of his 405, offering anonymity to the Fuchs and Vardys as they slipped away from the bustling nightlife. #unsunghero.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

:bump: Choi see comments :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kai , Mace shouldn't come back to this thread... some people mouth sha
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:Already posted this in the Ndidi transfer thread, if you have watched him at all, he is more like Leicester's current DM Amartey than a Kante. So not sure why Kante's name keeps getting brought up, if they want a slightly younger version of Amartey then sure, else they will soon be cursing Ndidi out that he is not who they thought he was. It just seems like the easiest way to sell a non EPL player to an EPL team is to compare them to a well known EPL player that plays the same position. I'm still shocked that when Brown Ideye was having a tough time adjusting to the EPL that his coach would say he hadn't seen him play before he was bought, but he came with high recommendations...like really???
this mace compare Ndidi to Amartey , oh my :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

olu wrote:If they are looking for a replacement for Kante, then Ndidi is not their player. My concerns about playing Ndidi as a DM is he doesn't seem to cover as much ground and chase down opposing players as effectively as the other top DMs in Europe (e.g Wanyama, Matuidi, Eric Dier, etc). I also do not think that at this point Ndidi has the ability to initiate counter attacks and run comfortably with the ball like some of the more established DMs.

Ndidi seems to be more like a Mikel type player than Kante. Ndidi strengths are his passing and his composure when he wins the ball. He is also able to score the occasional goal from long range shots and set pieces. However, I fear asking him to be the next Kante may be expecting to much.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: some people just run their mouths none stop... what a novice, clueless about a player, but choose to write pure rubbish ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bully12 wrote:It is a win win acquisition for Leisctier whether he plays like Kante or not. I foresee him to surpass whatever Kante achieved with the team. This is a buy they will never regret barring injury . There is no doubt about it Ndidi has all the attributes to be a great and marvelous player.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: you know your football
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

olu wrote:Not a fan of Ndidi moving to Leicester. I'm worried that Ndidi may struggle playing as a CM/DM in the EPL, where the game is played at a much faster pace, particularly if he's expected to initiate counter attacks. If you need someone to win tackles make a short outlet pass and hit the occasional long pass then Ndidi is your man. However, if you're looking for someone to initiate attacking runs when he wins the ball, then Ndidi is not your best option. I'm still not convinced that DM/CM is his best position.
it is better not to post than expose your poor thinking abilities..this post is a perfect example of someone who lacks critical thinking techniques
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
this mace compare Ndidi to Amartey , oh my :lol: :lol: :lol:
BP, playing style....unless you trying to say he plays like a Kante, which he clearly doesn't. I was just saying fans shouldn't expect a Kante...he's a different player...but as we've seen, just as effective...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Is my Toyota Corolla really a like for like replacement for the Mercedes-Benz S-Class?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar