Pinnick ready to spend $1 mill on CAF Campaign....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Pinnick ready to spend $1 mill on CAF Campaign....

Post by anointed »

Enugu II wrote:Pinnick with FIFA SecGen

Is the FIFA SG on official such that FIFA is footing her travelling expenses or is she really the guest of NFF as the tweet put it?
The latter would mean NFF splashing the cash to host her whereas there is no money to pay the allowances and bonuses of the national team players.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

ohenhen1 wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
platinum wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
ikemba wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Why can't he loan that money to the NFF?
Ehh!, You 've got it upside-down .It is the NFF that issues the loan to them.
\\

The same guy is talking on channels about lack of funds.

I can run the NFF better. The first thing I will do is hire a consultant to advise me how can we run the NFF at the lowest cost possible. I will then look at ways to increase revenue. Will not take part in every FIFA event. Will cut staff and unnecessary travel. Certainly will not spend $1 million on a CAF campaign. NFF will be ran like a true business. No more estocade, no more jamborees.

How will you pay the consultant?
From sponsors, FIFA money and etc.

You have to spend money to make money.
If you need a consultant to recommend to you what is blindingly obvious, I'd rather have the Pinnick I know.

Thank yo very much! :mad:
Yes it is obvious, but how do you implement the changes. Who is going look through all of the NFF documents and etc.

I don't know everything. You need advisers, consultants.
Pinnick is a hustler, with nice suits. Warri one for that one, don't be fooled for his talk , he is a thief.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anointed wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Pinnick with FIFA SecGen

Is the FIFA SG on official such that FIFA is footing her travelling expenses or is she really the guest of NFF as the tweet put it?
The latter would mean NFF splashing the cash to host her whereas there is no money to pay the allowances and bonuses of the national team players.
FIFA Officials are always on full expenses paid trips. Do not worry about who is taking care of her bills. Also the event is a FIFA event.

It is no coincidence that you are seeing senior FIFA officials around Pinnick. It was Pinnick and his friend Toyko Sexwale, who split Africa's voting block that gave Gianni Infantino his victory. The current FIFA leadership know their debt to Sexwale and Pinnick, they are now looking to place their people in CAF's EXCO.

In some circumstances, it should be a good thing, because having such connections should serve for the betterment of our football and African football at large, but many of us fear a self serving motive for individual benefiting only. If only one can be sure of the motive. Being in the EXCO is potentially a good thing for Nigerian football.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote:
mcal wrote:...that is how thievery, broad day light stealing is encouraged in Africa. Did she even ask him what and why the women champions of the continent were short changed.
mcal,

TBH, I am not sure the NFF is solely responsible for the women not being paid. Remember that those funds as budgeted come from the FGN through the Sports Ministry. The question of those funds must be addressed to both the Ministry and the NFF.
...and we will ask her when she becomes a "guest of the ministry and FGN" too :???:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Sports minister orders probe of NFF finances after FIFA stop grants to Nigeria

by Samm Audu

Sunday Dec 18, 2016. 18:05
Nigerian sports minister Solomon Dalung has ordered an audit of the finances of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) after world football governing body FIFA suspended any grants to the FA until they properly account for $1.1 million that has been paid to them.

Dalung was most scathing of the rut at the NFF in his speech during Sunday’s Annual General Assembly in Lagos.

“I received a report from the NFF intimating me of FIFA’s audit Report which raised queries on the management of $1.1 Million FIFA’s development grant to the NFF. According to the Report, FIFA has withheld all development funds to the Nigeria for lack of proper documentation of $802,000 out of the funds released to NFF,” reported Dalung.

“This is a very serious issue that must be given urgent attention to avoid another international embarrassment, more so that the present administration under the leadership of Mr. President, His Excellency, Mohammadu Buhari has zero tolerance for any act of mis-appropriation, mis-application, embezzlement or fraud in any guise.

“To this end, the NFF is directed to immediately provide my office with detail information of receipt, disbursement and application of the FIFA development grant accordingly.

“In addition, a reputable audit firm should be appointed urgently to check the account books of the federation to ensure that funds are judiciously expended.

“The audit report must be made public so as to promote transparency, build credibility and enhance your market value.”
http://africanfootball.com/news/672379/ ... to-Nigeria
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote:Sports minister orders probe of NFF finances after FIFA stop grants to Nigeria

by Samm Audu

Sunday Dec 18, 2016. 18:05
Nigerian sports minister Solomon Dalung has ordered an audit of the finances of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) after world football governing body FIFA suspended any grants to the FA until they properly account for $1.1 million that has been paid to them.

Dalung was most scathing of the rut at the NFF in his speech during Sunday’s Annual General Assembly in Lagos.

“I received a report from the NFF intimating me of FIFA’s audit Report which raised queries on the management of $1.1 Million FIFA’s development grant to the NFF. According to the Report, FIFA has withheld all development funds to the Nigeria for lack of proper documentation of $802,000 out of the funds released to NFF,” reported Dalung.

“This is a very serious issue that must be given urgent attention to avoid another international embarrassment, more so that the present administration under the leadership of Mr. President, His Excellency, Mohammadu Buhari has zero tolerance for any act of mis-appropriation, mis-application, embezzlement or fraud in any guise.

“To this end, the NFF is directed to immediately provide my office with detail information of receipt, disbursement and application of the FIFA development grant accordingly.

“In addition, a reputable audit firm should be appointed urgently to check the account books of the federation to ensure that funds are judiciously expended.

“The audit report must be made public so as to promote transparency, build credibility and enhance your market value.”
http://africanfootball.com/news/672379/ ... to-Nigeria
This is interference :tic:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Waffiman wrote:
FIFA Officials are always on full expenses paid trips. Do not worry about who is taking care of her bills. Also the event is a FIFA event.

It is no coincidence that you are seeing senior FIFA officials around Pinnick. It was Pinnick and his friend Toyko Sexwale, who split Africa's voting block that gave Gianni Infantino his victory. The current FIFA leadership know their debt to Sexwale and Pinnick, they are now looking to place their people in CAF's EXCO.

In some circumstances, it should be a good thing, because having such connections should serve for the betterment of our football and African football at large, but many of us fear a self serving motive for individual benefiting only. If only one can be sure of the motive. Being in the EXCO is potentially a good thing for Nigerian football.
Waffi, we know it is SELF SERVING!!!!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

NFF dare sports minister after damning revelations
https://mtnfootball.com/news/672448/NFF ... evelations
Sunday Dec 18, 2016. 22:27

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have dared sports minister Solomon Dalung by endorsing Amaju Pinnick to contest a CAF executive committee position, while also insisting their books have already been audited to go against the minister’s order their finances be probed.

“The audited account of the Federation for the year, as audited by PricewaterhouseCoopers, an internationally reputable audit firm, was presented and adopted at the General Assembly,” dared the communiqué after the AGA in Lagos today.

Dalung has demanded minutes of an NFF executive committee meeting which endorsed the candidature of Pinnick for a CAF seat.

But the NFF said they have already endorsed Pinnick’s CAF bid.

“The General Assembly passed a Vote of Confidence on the NFF Executive Committee, and also endorsed the candidature of NFF President, Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick for election into the CAF Executive Committee at the CAF Congress in Addis Ababa in March 2017,” read the communiqué in part.

“Congress called on all Nigerians to give him total support as it is not an NFF venture, but a Nigerian Project.”

The statement further argued that the sports minister was “misinformed” on several issues including a FIFA audit query and division in the NFF executive committee.

A detailed explanation on all these issues will soon be made public by the NFF.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics